Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) (65532 Views)

Fun-seekers Besiege Lagos Beaches Despite Recession (Photos) / My Experience At Inagbe Grand Resorts & Leisure Lagos (pictures Included) / Top 8 Best Beaches In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Monalisa185(f): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2016
What would Lagos look like without beaches? It’s actually hard to imagine. There are private and public beaches in Lagos which offer a place for relaxation and fun. To all fun lovers who like the feel of the ocean sand under their feet and are not afraid of the massive water, it is an experience you would want to have always.

Here are our top 5 beaches in Lagos in no particular order

TARKWA BAY BEACH
Tarkwa Bay can be found on an island that’s a 20-minute boat cruise from the Lagos CMS dock. It has an irresistable serene atmosphere for those who adorn the beach. For first timers, do not be surprised if you meet a sparsely populated area, but there are friendly residents around, some of whom are fishermen. The interesting thing about the beach is that it is only accessible by boat. It affords easy access to the raging and fierce waves of the Atlantic as well as the less aggressive waters of the Lagos lagoon; both of which allow versatility for refreshing beach activities. Tarkwa Bay provides the safest swimming conditions for visitors. The water is also calmer than the exposed Atlantic coastline in other spots around Lagos.

ELEGUSHI BEACH
Elegushi Beach is a hot, sandy, beautiful oasis located at Ikate Elegushi bus stop, a 2km drive from the Lekki toll off Lekki/ Epe Express way. Elegushi is not the cleanest of beaches, yet it is one of the most sort after beaches in Lagos. Elegushi is a private beach and offers a mix of music, food and beautiful scenery of the water with majestic beaches huts wonders.

LA CAMPAGNE TROPICANA BEACH
La Campagne Tropicana Beach is located just an hour’s drive from Victoria Island in Lagos State. All things bright and beautiful, far away from noise and pollution, distractions and gossip. It’s Africa’s most visited beach resort; the tourists’ choice. This resort offers a unique blend of natural environments which include a fresh water lake, accessible mangrove forest, a savannah, extensive sandy beach and the warm Atlantic sea. The beach is second to none with 24 hours security.

Other side attractions are Spa treatments, massage therapy, fully equipped gym. Cultural dance displays for guests / residents, fresh palm wine bar within excellent ocean view, fine dining in elegant restaurants etc. Other activities include hiking, hunting, horse riding, canoeing, ocean water fishing, aqua aerobics, beach volleyball & football etc.

COCONUT BEACH
This beach is a lovely beach in the coastal town of Badagry, West of Lagos. The beach is attractively set in an area surrounded by coconut trees. Coconut beach is located in the town of Badagry which has the reputation of being a center of slave trade years back, the beach is pleasant and appealing, and it provides excellent holiday resort. Visitors who are unaccustomed to the tropical sun are advised to wear hats for protection against sunburn.

ONIRU BEACH
Oniru Beach is the perfect destination for those looking for a peace, quiet, clean and secured environment. The beach is located at Victoria Island and it has a number of bars and beach huts. The most attractive thing about the beach is that it has a secured waterfront which prevents people from getting too far in the Atlantic waters.

Thank God it's Friday! wink cheesy go have some fun!!

http://www.madivas.com/top-5-beaches-in-lagos/

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by sorextee(m): 9:59am On Jul 22, 2016
wow.. heard those places are filled with touts now.
how true is it that they offer sacrifices at the beach, to appease the gods??
at least, I once saw some Indians, at midnight, performing one ritual at Jabi lake.

as u re bragging abouT ur beaches in lag, we also have our own GURARA FALLS IN NIGER STATE cheesy grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2016
Awww.... I wish I stay in lag cry

Nice thread Lisa. TGIF!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Monalisa185(f): 10:10am On Jul 22, 2016
sorextee:
at least, I once saw some Indians, at midnight, performing one ritual at Jabi lake.

lol@ sacrices, well, people will definitely use beaches for different purposes..

I've been to elegushi beach with my family as late as 11pm up till 3am, I didn't notice anything unusual, the security there was tight.

maybe it depends on the beach and how secured it is.
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by iykekelvins(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2016
I'm scared of beaches
Shett

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Monalisa185(f): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Nice thread Lisa. TGIF!

ohhhh dear, you sure are missing out in that aspecttongue

Thanks dollcheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Monalisa185(f): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
I'm scared of beaches

Shett

Awwwwww, beht why?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by iykekelvins(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

Awwwwww, beht why?cheesy
I always get this feeling that when I get close to a beach, it'll carry me away gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 10:41am On Jul 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

ohhhh dear, you sure are missing out in that aspecttongue

Thanks dollcheesy

Sure I am.. It saddens my heart cry
Lol.
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
I always get this feeling that when I get close to a beach, it'll carry me away gringrin

shocked like seriously??
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2016
sorextee:

as u re bragging abouT ur beaches in lag, we also have our own GURARA FALLS IN NIGER STATE cheesy grin

Gurara? What a name. cheesy

You can't play around it..can you?

14 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by iykekelvins(m): 10:46am On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

shocked like seriously??
I aint kidding mhen

The last time I went to a beach, I was 7 or so.
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by sorextee(m): 10:48am On Jul 22, 2016
yes o. they even have a volleyball court. there are white aligators too. lost a frnd there during xmas cry told us he can swim.. if only we knew..... cry cry cry
the pple there know how to command rain, cos wen is raining, the water pressure is high..
would have posted the pix of us there, but im in the office now cry

lanicky:

Gurara? What a name. cheesy

You can play around it..can you?
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
I aint kidding mhen

The last time I went to a beach, I was 7 or so.

Wow. You suffer from aquaphobia darling. smiley

It's common among females though... I used to be afraid of water when I was young. grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by lanicky(f): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2016
sorextee:
yes o. they even have a volleyball court. there are white aligators too. lost a frnd there during xmas cry told us he can swim.. if only we knew..... cry cry cry
the pple there know how to command rain, cos wen is raining, the water pressure is high..
would have posted the pix of us there, but im in the office now cry

Awwwww...so sorry about that cry

My mum grew up in Jebba..Niger state. She used to tell us stories about Niger and it's big river grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by sorextee(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2016
Jebba... no be kwara e dey?

lanicky:

Awwwww...so sorry about that cry

My mum grew up in Jebba..Niger state. She used to tell us stories about Niger and it's big river grin
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by iamkingzlee(m): 11:21am On Jul 22, 2016
Ohh!! I miss Lagos sad You want to experience max fun?? Visit Elegushi today!!!

But, don't say i did not tell you to hold enough money oo

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by iykekelvins(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Wow. You suffer from aquaphobia darling. smiley

It's common among females though... I used to be afraid of water when I was young. grin
Lol, so I'm indirectly a sissy. embarassed
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by spanzed(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
I am always pained that I haven't been to Lagos all my life looking forward to visit the centre of excellence anytime soon to enjoy all this igbadun

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
TARKWA BAY Beach on my mind cool

Nice one babe kiss

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by amodu(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
lanicky:

Nice thread Lisa. TGIF!
I laff
grin cheesy
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by amodu(m): 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
Tarkwa Bay and La Campaigne Tropical beach waiting to receive me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Adesiji77: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
Vacation on my mind... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
Iyemoja (mermaids) go plenty for lagos niyen... Eyin boys efunra o(boys beware)

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Toeyoursea(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
You people are mentioning beaches, you didn't mention Uduak and Madona #MifiBeaches

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Aquafobia embarassed
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by martineverest(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
la campaigne tropicana along side akwa ibom beach are unrivaled
Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Ibnltd33: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Suntan beach in badagry is the best because it safe and peaceful

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by Anthony496(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
I luv elegushi beach

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) by PriNceNova(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
To a kind hearted person reading my post, i need your help financially to get a drivers licence, it a basic requirement to secure a taxi job. Kindly help me. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cotonou, Benin Republic / Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.