Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) (65509 Views)

How People In Nigeria See Their Brothers Living Overseas (Photo) / 6 Most Dangerous Roads In Lagos With The Highest Number Fatal Accidents / 15 Most Dangerous Roads Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by austine4real(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaleye3230:
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...
rent a hall buy decoders and tv stat a futbal show or venture in2 beer parlour biz
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by AyamConfidence(m): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
goodpath:
what about Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa road?
na there i be wan write....i have travelled on that road close to 6 times and i can tell you that road is hell on earth...the potholes are legendary...curves and bumps everywhere...i've had an accident on that road...our truck fell over tryimg to climb a bump...that road is so bad that i wonder if we have an FG in this nation

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Tkini(f): 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
kayzeesoft:
You forgot to mentioned jebba. Very very worst.
when passing DT Jebba road u don't kw when u start saying ur last prayers........ especially in d raining season.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Kogi shocked Worst...

That state needs Jesus!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by minosky: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
You did not mention Ohafia/Arochuwu road

2 Likes

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by muller101(m): 8:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
Calabar Itu should top that list. Worst of all thousands of trucks ply that route weekly.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
agurza:
I think you need to come to the north and see for yourself. You will review that list. By the way have you ever travel from kaduna to jos or from Gombe to Yola?
My dear, the roads in the north is far far better..
I traveled to Ekiti of recent from the North Central.. Mehn, it was hell.. Especially coming from that Kogi axis all the way to Akoko, Ibillo, Igara, Kabba, Okene, Akure & the rest
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Standing5(m): 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
The OP missed one prominent and sure dangerous one i personally know of, it is Ondo - Ore road. Ondn and Ore town are in Ondo state. The road is so curvy it makes it so difficult to overtake with out another overtataking vehicle suddenly appearing from the other side.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by winkmart: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
it's well
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ojay105:
Hmmm!! do u travel @ all?hw is lagos-sagamu-ore-benin road bad??
Bros Ore to Sagamu is bad actually, I travel on some part of that road every week and I can tell you it's in a poor state. Ore to Benin is in a perfect state though
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by TBD(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
I think Osibanjo is right 16 wasted years of PDP (Papa deceived pikin) did construct single road.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by melachima(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
more @ lalasticlala

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi:

6) Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road:

7) Kaduna-Abuja road:
person go need swimming trunk when e reach these roads
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dbisector:
That kabba - lokoja road/ obajana worst, you can't even speed can spoil your motor easily
hmmm nawa oo
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
saintkel:
Wots all dis abt lalasticlala? Does he know who I am?
yes he knows u wella
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
melachima:

person go need swimming trunk when e reach these roads
lol
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by banmee(m): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
Some of the most dangerous roads to travel in Nigeria are as following :

1). Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Kabba: If you have travelled from anywhere in the Southwest of Nigeria to Abuja through the Lokoja-Okene road in Kogi State, then you will understand that this is a road of death. Not only is this road bad, it is a haven of armed robbers. Thousands of passengers travelling the Lokoja-Okene road to Abuja or to Ondo State have been waylaid by armed bandits and dispossessed of their goods. The same can be said of the Ilorin-Kabba-Lokoja road and the Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba road among others along that same axis.

2). Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin road: An analyst noted that “If there is any road in the country that has portrayed successive governments in the country in bad light as failed governments in the last two decades, it is the Lagos- Sagamu –Ore –Benin road.” This road is not only bad and terrible for motorists, it is also a den of robbers where unfortunate passengers have been robbed and raped if their vehicles break down along the road. Travelling through the road is like travelling through the valley of the shadow of death.

3). Lagos-Ibadan
expressway: Constructed in 1974, the 120-kilometre highway is the only major road linking Lagos to Ibadan and other states within and beyond the Southwest of the Nigeria. The FRSC reported that in 2012 that 775 people died in 2,075 accidents along this road. The main dangers along this major expressway linking other states to Lagos is that of unmotorable road and frequent accidents, largely caused by oil tankers and overspeeding vehicles on the expressway filled with potholes.

4) Okigwe-Umuahia road: The ever-busy Enugu Port Harcourt expressway has always been a death trap for commuters. While road contractors hired to repair and maintain the road had abandoned it due to funds not being released by the government, the roads have fallen into terrible disrepair and become a death-trap for motorists and passengers alike.

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi in Benue State, this is a major road where craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom; you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle to no rhythm for close to four hours in the journey, which ought not to last for about one or 2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa- Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”

6) Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road: The deplorable state of the highway linking Enugu, Awka, and Onitsha has forced hundreds of motorists to abandon the road and reroute via the old road from Udi to Awka. Several people have died in traffic accidents occurring on this
road, and it continues to be a serious headache to passengers and motorists alike.

7) Kaduna-Abuja road: The Kaduna highway links many states in the north of the country to Abuja but boasts of over 400 potholes. In fact, the state of the road bears no image of a channel that links major states in the north to the Federal Capital Territory. An 18- seater Hummer bus was once involved in a ghastly motor accident that caused the loss of 14 lives along this road – they were all burnt to death beyond recognition. The vehicle had been coming from Kano State to Abuja.

report from http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/7-most-dangerous-roads-to-travel-in.html?m=0

Just seven?
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by MrWhaley: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
englishmart:
rubbish this is why I love air transport system. Where the idiots wey wan hang for up rob us?
Bros,robbers nor dey.
But Plane Crash dey. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by eminent007(m): 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
timilehing:
Play Nairabet. Put all your money on Arsenal to win League grin grin

Bros, you are of all humans most wicked.

That's an imposicant.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Burshh: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
There worse roads..I have plied..than these ones here, which inhave mostly plied too.

1. Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa - Bida road..Is the worst federal road In Nigeria.

2. LOKOJA - KABBA- ISANLU- Egbe - Ajase Ipo- ilorin..IS a very bad federal road too
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by FILEBE(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
timilehing:

hehehe. For you mind you talk wetin funny abi. Hehehe. Dude. You are one hell of a dry joker and an unserious fellow. Someone asked for your opinion and the best you could do is make fun of him? If you got nothing to say, should you not just shut your trap? Why are some beings like this?
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by engineerboat(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
TBD:
I think Osibanjo is right 16 wasted years of PDP (Papa deceived pikin) did construct single road.

lagos-ibadan road

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Angelovic96: 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
spidey77:
Have u seen ikom - Calabar....Calabar- ITU...u will knw DAT dose roads u called are perfect
please tell them this roads are
perfect death traps
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by banmee(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaleye3230:
Please My Brother i need your advice i have 600k for a business plan in outskirt of Lagos am looking around osun state and Ekiti state but some of my friends advice me to travel out of the country Please What do i do and what good businesses can you guys suggests for me...

Leave the country legally if you can. You won't regret it.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by markpenk: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
OP, stop copying and pasting outdated articles. I'm sure you haven't traveled the lagos-Ibadan road. That expressway is in far better condition. In fact, short of a couple of bad stretches which typically take no more than 5-10 minutes drive, the road is in amazing shape. Those new stretches are so smooth that you'd be tempted to do 200km/hr grin cheesy. Abeg no do am o.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by teebantee(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
Oyo-ogbomosho-ilorin road
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by engineerboat(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
TBD:
ore-benin road

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
timilehing:
YOU ARE A CRAZY MAN
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by PresidentT(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Any list without Jebba-Mokwa-Bida Road na wash! The king of the worst.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Itannooluwa(f): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
englishmart:
rubbish this is why I love air transport system. Where the idiots wey wan hang for up rob us?
all fingers r nt equal dude
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by engineerboat(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
Some of the most dangerous roads to travel in Nigeria are as following :

1). Abuja-Lokoja-Okene-Kabba: If you have travelled from anywhere in the Southwest of Nigeria to Abuja through the Lokoja-Okene road in Kogi State, then you will understand that this is a road of death. Not only is this road bad, it is a haven of armed robbers. Thousands of passengers travelling the Lokoja-Okene road to Abuja or to Ondo State have been waylaid by armed bandits and dispossessed of their goods. The same can be said of the Ilorin-Kabba-Lokoja road and the Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba road among others along that same axis.

2). Lagos-Sagamu-Ore-Benin road: An analyst noted that “If there is any road in the country that has portrayed successive governments in the country in bad light as failed governments in the last two decades, it is the Lagos- Sagamu –Ore –Benin road.” This road is not only bad and terrible for motorists, it is also a den of robbers where unfortunate passengers have been robbed and raped if their vehicles break down along the road. Travelling through the road is like travelling through the valley of the shadow of death.

3). Lagos-Ibadan
expressway: Constructed in 1974, the 120-kilometre highway is the only major road linking Lagos to Ibadan and other states within and beyond the Southwest of the Nigeria. The FRSC reported that in 2012 that 775 people died in 2,075 accidents along this road. The main dangers along this major expressway linking other states to Lagos is that of unmotorable road and frequent accidents, largely caused by oil tankers and overspeeding vehicles on the expressway filled with potholes.

4) Okigwe-Umuahia road: The ever-busy Enugu Port Harcourt expressway has always been a death trap for commuters. While road contractors hired to repair and maintain the road had abandoned it due to funds not being released by the government, the roads have fallen into terrible disrepair and become a death-trap for motorists and passengers alike.

5) Otukpo-Otukpa road in Makurdi: It is true that Otukpo and Otukpa roads are both within Makurdi in Benue State, this is a major road where craters, gulley erosion, potholes, and even dare-devil robbers rule the road. From Otukpa to Otukpo, the ancestral home of Idoma kingdom; you’d be forced to dance along with your vehicle to no rhythm for close to four hours in the journey, which ought not to last for about one or 2 hours. A columnist wrote that “For regular travelers, the thought of venturing on Otukpa- Otukpo road is the beginning of a journey into uncertainties, eternity or the easiest way of booking appointment with fate and grave, nay a way of bring money for nearby coffin makers.”

6) Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road: The deplorable state of the highway linking Enugu, Awka, and Onitsha has forced hundreds of motorists to abandon the road and reroute via the old road from Udi to Awka. Several people have died in traffic accidents occurring on this
road, and it continues to be a serious headache to passengers and motorists alike.

7) Kaduna-Abuja road: The Kaduna highway links many states in the north of the country to Abuja but boasts of over 400 potholes. In fact, the state of the road bears no image of a channel that links major states in the north to the Federal Capital Territory. An 18- seater Hummer bus was once involved in a ghastly motor accident that caused the loss of 14 lives along this road – they were all burnt to death beyond recognition. The vehicle had been coming from Kano State to Abuja.

report from http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/03/7-most-dangerous-roads-to-travel-in.html?m=0

akure-ilesha road,

OP stop this trash

Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
@OP: number 1 should have been Jebba-mokwa road. 2. Kotangora-rijau road in Niger state.
Re: 7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) by Alezy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2016
If u Ever travel from ph to owerri during raining season, u will arrange this list again

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos (pictures) / Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.