Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? (653 Views)

Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by ikorodureporta: 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Some of my friends usually go to their Rev.Fathers on saturdays for confession, so as to be qualified for communion the following Sunday.

If one decides to pray to God on his/her own b4 Holy communion, does it really matter?

...Besides, how does the Reverend father respond? Do they counsel you like psychologists, & ask you about your challenges, OR, They just say ''Your sins are forgiven....Go & sin no more''

*jst curious to know*
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by Artistree: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2016
Na wa, does he even have the right to forgive anyone's sins?
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by Young03(m): 8:30pm On Mar 05, 2016
if u ask me
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by Goodyshoes(m): 5:07am On Mar 06, 2016
Firstly, I don't see any NEED for the whole confession thingy.
It hasn't shown to help issues at all.

Look at it this way.....
Why confess to an individual, however highly placed he might be, who doesn't have the capacity to forgive sins??
It doesn't just add up.....

A silent meditation and adjustment of lifestyle, as well as decision to change from wrongful ways is simply enough.....

Cheers.
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by lonelydora: 7:08am On Mar 06, 2016
This is the only thing about Catholics I'm yet to understand.

Does the Rev. father have the power to forgive you?

Does he see you, maybe, from a peep hole while confessing your sins.

What if he starts making advances after you have confessed how active in bed you are and not getting satisfied by your partner?

So many questions running on my mind on this.
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by ikorodureporta: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
NL Catholics, make una explain na...
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by Skyfornia(m): 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
I'm not a catholic but any christian has the right to forgive sins, including a sin you did by ursef. Remember the scripture said in matthew 16:19.....and whatsoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth is loosed in heaven.
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 1:16am On Mar 08, 2016
Artistree:
Na wa, does he even have the right to forgive anyone's sins?
Haven't you forgiving somebodies sin before,everybody have power to forgive sin, God have the final say.Bible says confess your sins to one another.
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by Skyfornia(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:

Haven't you forgiving somebodies sin before,everybody have power to forgive sin, God have the final say.Bible says confess your sins to one another.

Diamond in the sky? Welcome home to Sky....holla!
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by ikorodureporta: 6:43am On Mar 13, 2016
#
Re: Catholics: Any Big Deal Not Going To Confess To The Reverend Father? by hezy4real01(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2016
No big deal, confessing to Father(God) of the Rev. Fathers in the most important joor!

(1) (Reply)

My Shocking Experience Today / The Picture Of The Church That Ought To Emerge In Our Days... / Who Is GOD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.