Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging (9119 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Saddam Hussein As An Assassin / Saddam Hussein Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Afam(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2006
It would have been perfect if the Iraqi themselves got Saddam and sentenced him to death, not being handed over by the US to the Shiites that were persecuted during his reign in power.

This may be a big lesson for those leaders that wine and dine with powerful nations to the detriment of their people.

The US armed and supported Saddam when Iraq fought a bitter war with Iran, the US never condemned the gassing of the Kurds or the killing of the Shiites (especially in th Dujail case where the death penalty was based on) simply because in Saddam the US saw a friend because they both had a common enemy, Iran.

Trying Saddam under a US guided court proceedings and with the current carnage in Iraq would not have the impact it would have had assuming the Iraqis themselves took the guy out based on his actions or inactions.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ishmael(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2006
Whatever b d case,d day of reckoning has come.He who priced must surely pay ! Saddam Hussein,sorri d chicken has come to roost.U must pay for Abuse of State Power.

Lesson for his co-travellers currently saddling some seats of Power globally.

The Long arm of the Law will surely catch up with them.Remember,d Mills of God grinds slowly but it grinds exceedingly Welllllllllllllllllllll

May Saddam roast in Hell !
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2006
i got no sympathy for the man cool
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Jakumo(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2006
If hell exists then preparations are surely under way to make sure that Saddam gets a nice hot fire pit to burn in for eternity. One wonders how many innocent men and women were marched to the gallows on Saddam's orders back when he thought he was God.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by McKren(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2006
I am happy that Saddam is going to the gallows not because of what US and UK makes of him but because of how he maltreated his people. Talking about his misdeeds somebody armed him.
It is like the case of charlse taylor where he is accused of attrocities in siera leone, yet people supplied the amunitions used by the rebels but nobody will checkmate such deals or bring the people in question to justice.
Leaders of the third world countries need to realise that US and UK are no friends.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Afam(m): 9:22am On Dec 29, 2006
McKren:

Leaders of the third world countries need to realise that US and UK are no friends.

Exactly, and that is why some leaders in the middle east do not have sympathy for him because he maltreated his own people and did what pleased the US that armed Iraq while it waged war with Iran.

Interestingly, Saddam has just been transfered to Iraqi custody from US custody after 3 solid years. This again goes to show how independent the trial itself was when it was teleguided by the US.

Maybe he may have been executed already as his lawyer claimed he was asked to come and pick up Saddam's effects or provide an address where they can be delivered.

Not a good way for a leader of over 24 years to end especially at the dictate of a foreign power.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mukina2: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2006
executed on not . .what effect will that have on present day Iraq?

i was watching cnn last night . .and excerpts of saddams letter to all Iraqis was read . .
why kill the man? will that bring back all what he destroyed?
as fragile as iraq is?
he is not the only dictator in the world ,
there are many like him who are livin peacefully ,
saddams trail was a one-sided thing and was never fair . .
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Afam(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2006
My sister, that is the world we are in and many do not see anything wrong in the one sided trial and the heavy involvement of the US even up till this moment as CNN is currently talking about the US rejecting request by the daughter to see him before facing the hangman's noose.

A country in a state of war initiated by the US under false accusations is ready to kill a former president (at least 24 years) just because the US wants him dead.

What goes around comes around.

It has been in the news since yesterday that Israel is saying yes to Egypt's plan to ship arms to Abass loyalists since in Hamas both Israel and Abass have a common enemy.

I hope Israel will remember this when the Fatah militants will use the same weapons against them when they stop fighting Hamas or when they reconcile with Hamas.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by panafrican(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2006
But Saddam says he is a good man.
Letter from Hell ?: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6216167.stm
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by panafrican(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2006
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by feelgood(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2006
@mukina2
I share ur sentiments in this matter, but unfortunately we live in a 'dog-eat-dog' world despite our professions of love. Sad.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by feelgood(m): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2006
@mukina2
I share ur sentiments in this matter, but unfortunately we live in a 'dog-eat-dog' world despite our professions of love. Sad.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by panafrican(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2006
yeah . Our world is scary. sometimes one wants an island. undecided
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Ynot(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2006
Let me tell you guys what will happen. The US will hand over Saddam to the Iraqis, they will annouce that he has been hanged and secretly send him over to northern part of Nigeria to live the rest of his life in peace.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by edygirl(f): 4:37am On Dec 30, 2006
He's been executed not while ago by hanging.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Mariory(m): 5:16am On Dec 30, 2006
IBB to hopefully follow. grin
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by diddy4(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2006
he has been hanged. he is dead. he has gone to meet his Creator. he is dead, gone 4 life. see him in another life, for those that believe though.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by bioye(m): 10:44am On Dec 30, 2006
He's been hanged. How sad.

I'm not saying he did not do anything wrong. But what's Bush's business in Iraq in the first place? If his people hanged him then I would have understood.

What does Bush or anyone indeed gain by hanging Saddam? What about the thousands of innocent Iraqis that have died and keep dying because of Bush's unjustified invasion of Iraq. It's all about the money that Bush and friends are interested in making.

Saddam is a villain. But so is Bush.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Reverend(m): 10:55am On Dec 30, 2006
He was executed by hanging at 06:00 local time (Baghdad) this morning!

Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Easyy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2006
McKren:

I am happy that Saddam is going to the gallows not because of what US and UK makes of him but because of how he maltreated his people. Talking about his misdeeds somebody armed him.
It is like the case of charlse taylor where he is accused of attrocities in siera leone, yet people supplied the amunitions used by the rebels but nobody will checkmate such deals or bring the people in question to justice.

I clearly feel you
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Easyy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2006
bioye:

I'm not saying he did not do anything wrong. But what's Bush's business in Iraq in the first place? If his people hanged him then I would have understood.

What does Bush or anyone indeed gain by hanging Saddam? What about the thousands of innocent Iraqis that have died and keep dying because of Bush's unjustified invasion of Iraq. It's all about the money that Bush and friends are interested in making.

Bioye, well said.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mukina2: 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2006
bush most be happy now
what did he gain?
saddams death will never change what is happenning in Iraq angry
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Abdblues(m): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2006
Even though i didnt like this guy, It was shocking to see the rope being wound around his neck, i do hope he has made his peace with God before that executuion. I can see the US fully written all over the rope but for some of his people to take to the street jubilating he must have been bad to them too!!!!
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by jaybaby(f): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2006
So Sad--Saddam is dead sad sad sad
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Reverend(m): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2006
jaybaby:

So Sad--Saddam is dead sad sad sad

Yes, there are not enough dictators in the World.

How Sad!

Tell that to the families of all his victims, I am sure they will not feel your sorrow  undecided

Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by jaybaby(f): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2006
Hey DevilREV dnt srt with me---no matter wat he did-- They would have still kept him somewhere rather than hanging him PERIOD
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Reverend(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2006
No Comment!
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by jaybaby(f): 2:46pm On Dec 30, 2006
Better
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by 4Play(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2006
@Jaybaby
jaybaby:

Hey DevilREV dnt srt with me---no matter what he did-- They would have still kept him somewhere rather than hanging him PERIOD

Maybe they should but Iraqis are muslims,they have a different cultural perspective from us.

Most importantly,we have no idea what they went through
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by Ynot(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2006
Like someone said, what goes around, comes around. Here is a video of Rumsfeld and Saddam in the good 'ol days. Its ironic how they supported his regime then and now shout at the top of their head about crime against humanity. Talk about dining with the devil with a very long spoon.
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by mrpataki(m): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2006
A well deserved death i must say!
Re: Saddam Hussein Sentenced To Death By Hanging by WesleyanA(f): 1:24am On Jan 01, 2007
bioye:

I share your sentiments.
It would have made a whole lot more sense if the Iraqians did it themselves

Bush sucks. funny how his family used to be business partners with Hussein in some oil deals.

that Bush monkey.
his war probably killed more iraqians than hussein himself did.
now everyone hates the US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EU Parliament Recognizes Venezuela's Guaido As Interim President / John Mahama Wins Presidential Primaries To Run In 2020 Election / ECOWAS Delegation Arrives In Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.