Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland (13832 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners / Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov / Why Are Many Northerners Appointed Into Sensitive And Prominent Positions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by CyberTerrorist: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
Northerners are very good. I served in Kaduna so, I know what I'm talking about. I think the only problem with north is religious intolerance.. The north is too serious with Islam, that's why there are so many kids on the street begging. Once religious intolerance is done away with, all this poverty, illiteracy, etc will automatically take care of itself.. Once this happens, north will be the best place to live in because of free lands and cheap foods grin

PS: I'm Igbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Ahmed0336(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
From North Central Nigeria. tongue
Best meal Pounded Yam with Vegetable Soup tongue
I don't discriminate, love the igbos for their hustling spirit. Normally spend Christmas with my igbo friends in nnewi Anambara State wink
As for my Yoruba folks, Very intelligent people cool i ve got few friends from my uni days that i still roll with till date.
Problem confronting we northerners though I'm not hausa fulani undecided is bad leadership i believe we ll get there someday. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Junior66(m): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
scholes0:

If both your mum and Dad are Fulani, how does that make you Hausa/Fulani (if there is even anything like that in the real sense)

That makes you Fulani na? Abi no be so?
help me ask am o. I am surprised surprised a supposed Fulani made that comment.
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by zabson(m): 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
@Op. You're stupid for creating this thread.
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Youngmaster0(m): 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
maryam6:
Am frm north central, Niger 2 be precise.

Well, as a northerner, am proud of my region nd at d same tym, i feel so bad nd bitter abt how some of us (hausa & fulani) behave nd relate to others.

We av 2 major problems in d north nd they are.. ILLITERACY & POVERTY.

Pls, my fellow northerners, lets all be an advocate of peace, tolerant nd above all,
Lets stop being violet 2 other people.

U mean Lets stop being violent 2 other people. u just proved ur point, illiteracy on the high in northern states
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Junior66(m): 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
MonPro:
Dear Hausa/fulani friends, the problem i have with hausa/fulanis is that they keep shouting 'our leaders are the problem'. Now that you've identified the problem, what have you done to solve it? Why do you find it easier to go on a killing spree against the Christians and Southerners than to start a revolution against your thieving leaders who engineer you against others in Nigeria.

If Emir Sanusi or kwankwaso wants all Southerners in Sabon gari dead today, it will happen. Why not channel the same zeal in educating those poor kids roaming the streets in the name of almajirism, who later grow to become killers and bombers.
Listen let's stop deceiving ourselves, the only way you can call your rulers to order is when you are in different countries from southerners.

As long as Nigeria exists, your thieving rulers will keep diverting the attention from themselves to innocent southerners and blame them for their inability to better your lots while they train their kids abroad. Some hausa/fulani leaders blame the creation of Niger delta ministry, NDDC, Lagos allocation for their inability to make life better for you their subjects. We've heard the likes of Junaid moh'd, Ciroma and others hammer on this.

Good international borders should make Good neighbors. My hausa/fulani friends please, Let's peacefully call it a day with this nigerian experiment and save lives for the sake of humanity. Thank you.
forget what these muslim northerners are saying. Our problem in the North is religion. Take it from a Kogite like me.

3 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Junior66(m): 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
drberry:
Currently residing in Jalingo, Taraba State. North East region.

Favorite food: Massa and vegetable soup, Fura without Nunu, Tuwon Shinkafa.

I love Yorubas for their intelligence and creativity, Igbos for their business mindedness and determination to succeed against all odds.

Problems of the North: Leadership problems, illiteracy, religious problems, and lack of family planning.

Always in support of 1naija.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN!!
Oga i de miss Jalingo o. How that side na/
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Flashh: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
Is this a censor or what?

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
zabson:
@Op. You're stupid for creating this thread.
Insulting random monikers on a faceless forum like this is the true definition of silliness. If insults rocks your boat, then keep it up

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 11:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ahmed0336:
From North Central Nigeria.
From Nasarawa State i dey swap Nas, Abj, Niger and J town tongue
Well, i don't discriminate love the igbos for their hustling spirit. Normally spend Christmas with my igbo friends in nnewi Anambara State wink
As for my Yoruba folks Very intelligent people cool i ve got few friends from my uni days that i still roll with till date.
Problem confronting we northerners though I'm not hausa fulani undecided is bad leadership i believe we ll get there someday. cheesy
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by lapazi(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2016
i hope am not too late.....it seems the hausa/fulani are on the spotlight on NL these past few days for all the wrong reasons...well this is different, looking forward to meeting new friends.

Particular Region: North East.

State of Origin: Adamawa

Best Local Dish: fura da nono

I love the Yorubas. my ex was yoruba, she was amazing until she ditched me for an American Visa

i like the igbos for one thing....CREATIVITY!!!

I hate to admit this....but the major problem of the North centers on RELIGION. I think the leaders use this as a tool to manipulate the ignorant youths, you will be surprised that more than half of Northern youths today dont really understand islam, and are easily radicalised because they themselves lack the in depth knowledge about Islam.

Those that write trash about the North here on Nairaland probably have never stepped foot in the North.
I use to remember those days in KD when both Muslims and christains leaved together in peace, i used to to NDA quarters to play football with my christain friends, on our way back to Malali we will pass through badarawa and drink water from clay pots in the mosque, sometimes when it was time for prays my christain friends will wait for us within the mosque premises, when the elderly pple come to chase them for prayers they will just say we are christains and they will let them be....(but now dont try this in KD or Jos its OYO for you....lol)

its very sad to see how things got this bad.

ANyways nice job op!!!

13 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Junior66(m): 11:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
fiizznation:
I believe many people don't know that the north is not only a very diverse
The only Problem peculiar to Northern Nigeria is religious intolerance.
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Bashirfuntua(m): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
From my name Funtua is a local govt in Katsina
my favorite dish Tubani
i like the yorubas cus they are very calculative, and the Igbos for their hard working
the major problem fessing North is illiteracy
solution lay on our leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Junior66(m): 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
My name is Richards. I am from Kogi state (north-central Nigeria). I am an Igala and a christian. I reside in Anyigba at the moment. The North has only one major problem-religious intolerance especially from my peace brothers. We can all blame leadership but other regions have the same problem too. Illiteracy of western knowledge is also a major challenge. Hopefully we will catch up with the rest of Nigeria soon.

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by fiizznation: 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ahmed0336:
From North Central Nigeria.
From Nasarawa State i dey swap Nas, Abj, Niger and J town tongue
Well, i don't discriminate love the igbos for their hustling spirit. Normally spend Christmas with my igbo friends in nnewi Anambara State wink
As for my Yoruba folks Very intelligent people cool i ve got few friends from my uni days that i still roll with till date.
I believe many people don't know that the north is not only a very diverse, secular region, but also the porousness of north is at another level. People always think that the north is only constituted by Hausa/fulanis/Muslims which is not right. The north has a very large number of Christians like you that are found in almost every nuke and cranny of the north. People don't know that there are even hausa Christians and hausa traditionalists from the same Hausa ethnic group. We call people like them maguzawa, but to be honest, they are very few in number.

5 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
carinmom:

Okay i now understand the difference. Anyway i would have loved to eat your granny's awara cheesy
When ever you come to Ilorin, you will have loads of it, smiley

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by babyfaceafrica: 11:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
0P....I dey gbadun you ,I also like how no one responded to some agents of destruction coments here,shows that you folks here are matured..keep it up..they will still come and say nonsense but just ignore and move on..that's what makes you who you are....God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by 25ahmad(m): 12:10am On Mar 07, 2016
north central
Wase, plateau state. a teacher by profession, a farmer by nature and a businessman by coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by 25ahmad(m): 12:11am On Mar 07, 2016
north central
Wase, plateau state. a teacher by profession, a farmer by nature and a businessman by coincidence. a nairalander since 2009

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by okuneddie(m): 12:14am On Mar 07, 2016
drberry:
Currently residing in Jalingo, Taraba State. North East region.

Favorite food: Massa and vegetable soup, Fura without Nunu, Tuwon Shinkafa.

I love Yorubas for their intelligence and creativity, Igbos for their business mindedness and determination to succeed against all odds.

Problems of the North: Leadership problems, illiteracy, religious problems, and lack of family planning.

Always in support of 1naija.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN!!

wow I served in Jalingo....my ppa is gdss kona and I stayed in mayo Dasa. I also worship at international praise church in donga road.....I really miss that side the only thing is the weather.
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by okuneddie(m): 12:16am On Mar 07, 2016
Wukari:
NE, Taraba, Wukari best dish is pounded yam and fresh fish soup
Igbo and yorubas are our friends.

there are alot of Northern guys on Nairaland, we just don't just show ill breed which in actuality we are not.

suko bro....do u also stay in Wukari or Jalingo....I was hoping u will talk about the way u guys take religion. I know about that cos I served in Jalingo. Wukari would have being a good and developed city if not for religious fanatics.

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by americanigga(m): 12:20am On Mar 07, 2016
I just could not believe what I am seeing here, it is like a dream. It makes me to fall in love with the north. Those people killing in the north are not true muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by okuneddie(m): 12:38am On Mar 07, 2016
Junior66:
Oga i de miss Jalingo o. How that side na/

bro u once served or stayed in Jalingo?
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Demmzy15(m): 1:58am On Mar 07, 2016
lexiconkabir:
I am from the North Central, Kwara State. I love nunu alot grin grin without fura o undecided also I love wara made from cow milk(still nunu cheesy). We are fine over here, just that Saraki is our problem! angry
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Demmzy15(m): 2:02am On Mar 07, 2016
jumper524:
my name is umar from north central ( abuja) my favorite food is masa with confirm vegetable soup.

i love the igbos cos of thier sense of belonging where-ever they find themselves nd i love t the yorubas cos of thier high level of respect, and also my mom is a yoruba,

the major problem of the north is illetracy and thier mentality of giving birth to too many children despite being poor
Bro are Bassa or Gwari?
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by jumper524(m): 6:22am On Mar 07, 2016
Demmzy15:
Bro are Bassa or Gwari?
gwari

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by lapazi(m): 7:06am On Mar 07, 2016
fiizznation:
Insulting random monikers on a faceless forum like this is the true definition of silliness. If insults rocks your boat, then keep it up
You shld have just ignored him, quoting his monica just gave him his daily dose of self attension. silence they say is the best ans to a f00l.

4 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by christopher123(m): 8:15am On Mar 07, 2016
crotonite:
My name is abdul-yesu, i am from north-north.
my favourite food is tuwon masara and miyan kuka/karkashi. and duri for desert.
¤¤to be continued¤¤

Pls where is NORTH NORTH again

1 Like

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by aminho(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2016
Aminu by name
From maiduguri Northeast
Kanuri by tribe
Food marghi special
And burabisco
Cons lack of orientation and education
Pros United in diversity with ine goal
Other ethnic groups Yoruba i love them i don't knw why

2 Likes

Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by danbrowndmf(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2016
Amoto94:
The two LGs in Kogi were pockets of people speak Igbo are Olamaboro and Ibaji and this is due to their proximity to Enugu and Anambra States.
cc softvio. You will find people who speaks,yoruba,Hausa & igbo inside kogi. We are middle belt,i fit claim anywhere.

Thanks brother for enlightning me. Are you from kogi?
Re: Let's See How Many Northerners Are Active On Nairaland by Ahmed0336(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2016
fiizznation:
I believe many people don't know that the north is not only a very diverse, secular region, but also the porousness of north is at another level. People always think that the north is only constituted by Hausa/fulanis/Muslims which is not right. The north has a very large number of Christians like you that are found in almost every nuke and cranny of the north. People don't know that there are even hausa Christians and hausa traditionalists from the same Hausa ethnic group. We call people like them maguzawa, but to be honest, they are very few in number.
Bros na confirmed Muslim i be, My Papa and Mama are both Muslims join with my Grand papa and mama from both parents thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary / Accord Party, 44 Others Endorse Sanwo-olu, Form Coalition Ahead 2019 Election / The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.