Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! (13790 Views)

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / This Is The Richest City In The World, According To A New Report. / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 8:33am On May 06, 2020
Which Community Has The Highest Number of Individual Billionaires in Nigeria & Africa

NOTE: the answer is based on the total number of indigenous billionaires from a single town in Nigeria.

Imagine being so rich that you're the first to own a Rolls-Royce in the whole country.

In fact, when the queen visited in 1956, it was your Rolls-Royce she was chauffeured around with.

This man was ‘Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu', the first black billionaire, founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks.

Profiled in September 1965 by TIME magazine, Ojukwu made his money by importing dried fish for resale, and diversifying into textiles, cement and transport. When he died a year later, his wealth was an estimated $4 billion in today’s economic value.

His son, Chukwuemeka, who also ended up a billionaire, returned from Oxford University at 22 with a master’s degree in history and led his fellow Igbos into the Nigerian civil war as head of the secessionist state of Biafra in 1967.

Their hometown Nnewi, in the southeastern state of Anambra, either by good fortune or hard work, has bred more naira billionaires than any other town in Nigeria, and possibly Africa.

Source: (Forbes, The Small Town Of The Super Rich)

https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by helinues: 8:34am On May 06, 2020
grin
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 8:38am On May 06, 2020
"Do you know that after a controversial policy left all Igbo's with 20 pounds each, regardless of their bank balance, at the end of the Nigerian civil war in 1970?

They are amongst the richest people in africa presently.

Their high regard for money and the extend they go to grab it disgusts me sometimes but their tenacity in business is admirable.

Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country.
" - quoting Forbes Magazine journalist

Note, when it comes to the Nigerian city with the highest revenue generated through natural mineral resources or IGR, then the richest cities are:

- Lagos Mainland

- Portharcourt

- Warri

- Kano

- Aba

- Onne

- Uyo

But in this context, Forbes was looking at the community or city that have the highest number of indigenous billionaires in Naira, which makes NNEWI the richest Nigerian community with the highest number of billionaires & millionaires cool

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by EzeOnyembo: 8:46am On May 06, 2020
You are not far from the truth. IGBO AMAKA

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Ezewuzie01: 8:48am On May 06, 2020
franchasng:
Which Community Has The Highest Number of Individual Billionaires in Nigeria & Africa

NOTE: the answer is based on the total number of indigenous billionaires from a single town in Nigeria.

Imagine being so rich that you're the first to own a Rolls-Royce in the whole country.

In fact, when the queen visited in 1956, it was your Rolls-Royce she was chauffeured around with.

This man was ‘Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu', the first black billionaire, founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks.

Profiled in September 1965 by TIME magazine, Ojukwu made his money by importing dried fish for resale, and diversifying into textiles, cement and transport. When he died a year later, his wealth was an estimated $4 billion in today’s economic value.

His son, Chukwuemeka, who also ended up a billionaire, returned from Oxford University at 22 with a master’s degree in history and led his fellow Igbos into the Nigerian civil war as head of the secessionist state of Biafra in 1967.

Their hometown Nnewi, in the southeastern state of Anambra, either by good fortune or hard work, has bred more naira billionaires than any other town in Nigeria, and possibly Africa.

Source: (Forbes, The Small Town Of The Super Rich)

You are referring to individual wealth. Nnewi as a town doesn't look like the picture you are trying to paint. Even the picture you attached is Onitsha. Show us aerial picture of Nnewigrin

The stingy nature of Nnewi people is evident everywhere in Nnewi. Despite their individual wealth, Nnewi is a slum with village outlook.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by anungangampu: 8:50am On May 06, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
You are referring to individual wealth. Nnewi as a town doesn't look like the picture you are trying to paint. Even the picture you attached is Onitsha. Show us aerial picture of Nnewigrin

The stingy nature of Nnewi people is evident everywhere in Nnewi. Despite their individual wealth, Nnewi is a slum with village outlook.

Nnewi need road.. The last road build there inside street was done by Etiaba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 8:51am On May 06, 2020
Ezewuzie01:

You maybe right that they are stingy.....no wonder they remain the community with the highest number of rich millionaires & billionaires in Africa.......for further argument, please contact Forbes Magazine grin

5 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Southwest2023: 8:52am On May 06, 2020
Stop gloating over nothing.

11 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by jericco1(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2020
This shite will never make fp undecided
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by abobote: 9:26am On May 06, 2020
who no no dat one
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by junketer(m): 9:29am On May 06, 2020
Afonjas are about to land......just watch and see.

2 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Samfloxin(m): 9:30am On May 06, 2020
The most hard working and successful tribe in Africa as far as business is concerned is Igbo. I didn't type this for you to believe,mind you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Faithful4real(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2020
jericco1:

Ee dey pain you.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Atomemmy(m): 9:55am On May 06, 2020
jericco1:

Shite ke, zakzaki ni angry

1 Like

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by tatatar: 9:57am On May 06, 2020
Who made it the richest city in Africa?
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by janykute: 10:46am On May 06, 2020
Afonja’s will still come and ask why they are still in Lagos if they are so rich and successful.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Island01: 10:58am On May 06, 2020
make money at home, check my signature
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 11:10am On May 06, 2020
tatatar:
Who made it the richest city in Africa?
Go and ask Forbes.

To me, after Nnewi comes Ijebu Ode, and maybe Mbaise....I could be wrong though
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Printerscanner: 11:30am On May 06, 2020
Self praise and chest beating is good. It helps to relieve depression and suppress suicidal thoughts

8 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by manjulaagarwal1(f): 12:13pm On May 06, 2020
Thank you for sharing the whole info on a particular topic, really find some rare threads where this type of full information on particular subject is given.
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Openbusiness: 12:14pm On May 06, 2020
Op be deceiving yourself there and consoling yourself with lies. I no blame you, na who never go space dey talk say Earth na the only world. See let me tell you, the number of billionaires in Bourdillon alone, I won't even say the whole of Ikoyi, or the number of billionaires in Banana Island alone pass the number of billionaires in the entire SE combined. Silent billionaires, billionaires in DOLLARS, not all these chicken change billionaires wey dey count their billions in naira. The real billionaires in Nigeria, na Ikoyi dem dey. That small town called Ikoyi is the freaking richest town in the whole of Africa. No place for this African continent get rich people like Ikoyi. Ikoyi billionaires wey dey import international oloshos like say na pure water, dey pay olosho $2m for 5 days all expense paid trip. Guy forget, u neva jam billionaires until you enter Ikoyi. Is it not same Ikoyi that EFCC found over $43 million (USD) RAW CASH? grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by yuswrld20(m): 12:34pm On May 06, 2020
franchasng:
You maybe right that they are stingy.....no wonder they remain the community with the highest number of rich millionaires & billionaires in Africa.......for further argument, please contact Forbes Magazine grin
name those billionaires

2 Likes

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 12:47pm On May 06, 2020
yuswrld20:

name those billionaires
You don't have sense, sorry to say that.

Most of you are teenage boys and girls without knowledge angry

Whenever you hear billionaire you think it starts and ends with Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and the ones u know.

Go ask Forbes Magazine to name them for you.

I am not from Nnewi, but I must agree with Forbes that Nnewi is the richest community in Nigeria that have the highest number of millionaires and billionaires, go and find out.

They didn't say the community that has the richest person in Nigeria which Dangote's community in Kano will be the answer, they said richest community with more number of rich people.

Travel out of your place, stop living the normal life of your fathers and grandfathers who lived and died in their hometown and maybe a visit to Lagos and London and that's all. Learn to travel.

Before I turned 27yrs, I have visited 10 states in Nigeria and 3 countries in Africa, and by the time I was 30, I have visited 4 countries in Africa, 2 in Asia, 1 in Middle east and 2 in Europe, and 28 states in Nigeria; including all states in southwest, all states in southeast, all states in southsouth and few states in the north. That is the lifestyle of an average Igbo man for you and reason we know much more than those with PhD that refused to travel out of their state.

Mind you, I didn't travel to most of the Nigerian states to live and work or do business, I went out of curiosity to know more. I know Yoruba communities more than most Yorubas, so when I talk about Yoruba land, most Yoruba youths cannot challenge me because a traveler is wiser than a grey hair person.

You Yorubas need to learn to travel stop being cowards scared of dying if you visit other regions, of course that is what will make you brave and famous.

If not that Fulanis refused to modernise and accept modern lifestyle, they are the number one tribe that travel so far and wide and know every nook and cranny of all regions of Nigeria and reason they are fearless and brave.

Learn to travel and stop staying in your comfort zone in Ikirun, Ilesa, Ijebu or Lagos and be asking stupid questions angry

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 12:51pm On May 06, 2020
Openbusiness:
Op be deceiving yourself there and consoling yourself with lies. I no blame you, na who never go space dey talk say Earth na the only world. See let me tell you, the number of billionaires in Bourdillon alone, I won't even say the whole of Ikoyi, or the number of billionaires in Banana Island alone pass the number of billionaires in the entire SE combined. Silent billionaires, billionaires in DOLLARS, not all these chicken change billionaires wey dey count their billions in naira. The real billionaires in Nigeria, na Ikoyi dem dey. That small town called Ikoyi is the freaking richest town in the whole of Africa. No place for this African continent get rich people like Ikoyi. Ikoyi billionaires wey dey import international oloshos like say na pure water, dey pay olosho $2m for 5 days all expense paid trip. Guy forget, u neva jam billionaires until you enter Ikoyi. Is it not same Ikoyi that EFCC found over $43 million (USD) RAW CASH? grin
Another senseless Lagos boy spotted.

Ikoyi is mostly made up of 90 - 99% non indigenes of Lagos. It was an empty Island, most part of it was waterlogged and bought and rebuilt by rich folks who are mostly not from Lagos state.

You young people of today should try and learn, stop being educated illiterates.

You don't know Ikoyi more than Forbes magazine.

Of course several millionaires and billionaires from the same Nnewi town live in Ikoyi, but they are talking of indigenes.

If you want to count Ikoyi, then also count Maitama, Asokoro, etc.....

Learn and stop arguing blindly!! angry

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Omar09(m): 1:54pm On May 06, 2020
franchasng:
Another senseless Lagos boy spotted.

Ikoyi is mostly made up of 90 - 99% non indigenes of Lagos. It was an empty Island, most part of it was waterlogged and bought and rebuilt by rich folks who are mostly not from Lagos state.

You young people of today should try and learn, stop being educated illiterates.

You don't know Ikoyi more than Forbes magazine.

Of course several millionaires and billionaires from the same Nnewi town live in Ikoyi, but they are talking of indigenes.

If you want to count Ikoyi, then also count Maitama, Asokoro, etc.....

Learn and stop arguing blindly!! angry

Where you off phone go? Person no deh see your break light here again...
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by franchasng: 1:56pm On May 06, 2020
Omar09:

Where you off phone go? Person no deh see your break light here again...
lol, I answered the question yesterday lol
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by XANDERBOY85: 1:56pm On May 06, 2020
EzeOnyembo:
You are not far from the truth. IGBO AMAKA

Not far? Bros, dude smacked the ball right out the park, and you're talking of 'not far'! smiley
Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by promisious: 1:59pm On May 06, 2020
good news

Re: The Richest City In Africa - You Will Be Shocked To Know The Community! by Graysons: 2:18pm On May 06, 2020
So how did the so called Nnewi millionaire
made their money?

Through otokoto or drugs related stuff?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndi Igbo Stand For One Nigeria / Adamu Moves To Salvage APC Situation In Osun / Osun Assembly Approves Creation Of 36 Additional Councils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.