Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University (10799 Views)

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / A Federal University Where Over 99% Of The Admitted Students Are From 1 Tribe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
blueto:

Stop using covenant as a case study, we all know it is well establish, but comparing the total number of private universities in Nigeria against the Public one is a big joke.

Public schools like Uniben recruits anyone that is able to make first class. this is a gimmick to allure the students to be diligent an committed to their studies, we also have a work/study programme that aids students with financial constrains to source sufficient funding for their educational expenditures.

Unilag is currently ranked above Covenant in the same Lagos state.

If covenant as a private university has emerged in the top10 rankings, than what is impeding other private schools?

Students in federal universities or poly are often winners of any inter-uni or inter-ploy competitions, of which depicts that fed is still better than private, irrespective of year of origin.
But you keep using uniben as a case study too
The reason am using covenant is because it is only covenant and babcok that are really old in this private university business, which are establised 2002 and 1999 respectively, most of the private university we have are not really old and yet we keep comparing them to unilag, oau, uniben etc, why not compare them to newly established public university, do you know how many private university are ranked better than OOU, uniosun etc, I wonder if covenant and ko was as old as OAU,most people won't be saying what they say today.
I study architecture in a private university, and have had a lot of things, like can I cope in the labour market.
Bro let's stop arguing cos at the end it's what we can do with our hand while using our brain that matters, I spit on the gut of people that say public university produce better graduate, we have bunch of graduate that cant do anything productive for the country and we are still here arguing about the school product, if the graduate we have this days you call best then ill rather remain myself.

My friend tried to enter public university for 5years he didn't get admission, he wrote the exam for university of california and he was even given a scholarship straight, he is currently in the US doing well.
Keep celebrating unnecessary stress.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
mayowa122:

But you keep using uniben as a case study too
The reason am using covenant is because it is only covenant and babcok that are really old in this private university business, which are establised 2002 and 1999 respectively, most of the private university we have are not really old and yet we keep comparing them to unilag, oau, uniben etc, why not compare them to newly established public university, do you know how many private university are ranked better than OOU, uniosun etc, I wonder if covenant and ko was as old as OAU,most people won't be saying what they say today.
I study architecture in a private university, and have had a lot of things, like can I cope in the labour market.
Bro let's stop arguing cos at the end it's what we can do with our hand while using our brain that matters, I spit on the gut of people that say public university produce better graduate, we have bunch of graduate that cant do anything productive for the country and we are still here arguing about the school product, if the graduate we have this days you call best then ill rather remain myself.

My friend tried to enter public university for 5years he didn't get admission, he wrote the exam for university of california and he was even given a scholarship straight, he is currently in the US doing well.
Keep celebrating unnecessary stress.

Mr, man when will you stop disseminating spurious averments?

Private schools like Benson Idahosa University and Igbinedion University Okada where foundered 1994 and 1999 respectively, of which contradicts and repudiates your bold assertion.

why are they not currently amongst top30 ranking universities?

If they were established in such periods then why are we not seeing their prestigious alumni now?

The fact that a single private uni is found amongst a plethora quantum of public schools in current rankings depicts that Public schools are better than privates.

You opined that we apply a cessation to our duologue but you state a controversial valediction: "Keep celebrating unnecessary stress." that will stir more indignant comments
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
blueto:

Mr, man when will you stop disseminating spurious averments?

Private schools like Benson Idahosa University and Igbinedion University Okada where foundered 1994 and 1999 respectively, of which contradicts and repudiates your bold assertion.

why are they not currently amongst top30 ranking universities?

If they were established in such periods then why are we not seeing their prestigious alumni now?

The fact that a single private uni is found amongst a plethora quantum of public schools in current rankings depicts that Public schools are better than privates.

You opined that we apply a cessation to our duologue but you state a controversial valediction: "Keep celebrating unnecessary stress." that will stir more indignant comments
Bro I don't understand this big vocabulary you are using, you don't have to check for words in the dictionary to make a point on a public forum.
Anyways we will all be great
And I rep private university
Goodbye
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by phemybof(m): 12:12am On Mar 08, 2016
Always Better By Far
the Only 2nd generation that is giving all 1st generation cronic headache since 1020AD
Unilorin no dey carry 4th

1 Like

Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Elxandre:
Nigerians derive so much fun in deriding the efforts of others.
This offensive and has no bit of humor in it.

see this »»https://www.nairaland.com/2974045/pic-difference-between-private-university#43524807
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 08, 2016
Robosky02 spotted viewing the thread wink

Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by robosky02(m): 8:59am On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:
Robosky02 spotted viewing the thread wink

the difference is too obviouse....
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2016
robosky02:

the difference is too obviouse....
How is sports section faring?

People are now deterred of visiting it because of the sudden emergence of unpalatable activities of sport betting fanatics.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by maryrosz(f): 9:07am On Mar 08, 2016
Carlson001:
Please, Blueto & Robinhez; Peace, I beg of thee!
Let's just forget about all these absurd controversies. Anyway, this is how friends are made, *winks*. The thread was actually meant to be humorous (which I found it to be) but also true depending on your perspective though.

***Modified!***
Blueto, I respect your lingo and parlance; Robinhez, I know how the hustle's like, trust me. But, Maryrosz, I never expected such profanity from a lady though. Above all... Peace!
is d society I found myself in.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by maryrosz(f): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2016
Carlson001:
Please, Blueto & Robinhez; Peace, I beg of thee!
Let's just forget about all these absurd controversies. Anyway, this is how friends are made, *winks*. The thread was actually meant to be humorous (which I found it to be) but also true depending on your perspective though.

***Modified!***
Blueto, I respect your lingo and parlance; Robinhez, I know how the hustle's like, trust me. But, Maryrosz, I never expected such profanity from a lady though. Above all... Peace!
is d society I found myself in + shit happens
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 08, 2016
[Post Retracted]
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by robosky02(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2016
its the best place to be

just ignore those jobbers
blueto:

How is sports section faring?

People are now deterred of visiting it because of the sudden emergence of unpalatable activities of sport betting fanatics.

1 Like

Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by maryrosz(f): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:
I am the first to like your beauty pic smiley
hehehe thanks

1 Like

Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Carlson001:

I think you meant a colon mark, ':'

Thats for you, I meant ;
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
RobinHez:

U neva resume work for Nairaland abi... Fight no dey again? cheesy

gathering my uniforms n oda ring tools... grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

this sh so improvident to opine that dhar.ay99 is a good hooligan.

Celebrating diabolic mediocrity.

kid I guess u don't know wah dey call e-life,
same way u don't know wah dey call "fun"
I already said i won't b exchanqin words wid u
buh plz mind hw u mention ma cute moniker cuz
if i start now...u will b d1 rantinq like a tormented tortoise.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

[s]kid I guess u don't know wah dey call e-life,
same way u don't know wah dey call "fun"
I already said i won't b exchanqin words wid u
buh plz mind hw u mention ma cute moniker cuz
if i start now...u will b d1 rantinq like a tormented tortoise[/s].
Start with opprobrious display of reprobation?

Stale mind.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

Start with opprobrious display of reprobation?

Stale mind.

dejected swine.... grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

dejected swine.... grin
Am not surprised.

infallible simpleton.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:
Am not surprised.

infallible simpleton.

demented crippled ape. grin grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

demented crippled ape. grin grin
Assclown grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:
Assclown grin

psychopathic hunchback creature.
cry
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

psychopathic hunchback creature.
cry

Cleveland Steamer axwound grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

Cleveland Steamer axwound grin

steamer axwound? sad cry
bikonu, are u also takinq lectures
at Uselu-Left..? Tryna impress me
wid wrongly constructed words? olodo rabata. grin grin
#I qive up on u Son. angry
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

[s]steamer axwound? sad cry
bikonu, are u also takinq lectures
at Uselu-Left..? Tryna impress me
wid wrongly constructed words? olodo rabata. grin grin
#I qive up on u Son[/s]. angry

cum dumpster grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

cum dumpster grin

Proff Steamer Axwound...U win na.
I dun qive up.. grin grin
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
dharay99:

[s]Proff Steamer Axwound...U win na.
I dan qive up[/s].. grin grin

Yea, don't ever challenge me again.

You are a deficient hooligan hyped by robinhez

rusty trombone
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by RobinHez(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

rusty trombone

Won't u desist from mentioning my moniker incessantly? angry

Don't make me start what I'm avoiding. undecided
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
RobinHez:

[s]
Won't u desist from mentioning my moniker incessantly? angry

Don't make me start what I'm avoiding[/s]. undecided
see who is talking ?

you have been discomfited, so shut your trash.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by dharay99: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

rusty trombone

why will i challenge a toddler
who dosn't even know how
to come up wid correct use of words....
plz swerve into d lagoon...u aint worth my tym.
Re: Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University by robinhez2: 2:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
blueto:

see who is talking ?

you have been discomfited, so shut your trash.
I'm only avoiding what u want. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAUG : West African University Games At UNILORIN / Nwafor Orizu College Of Education,nsugbe,anambra State Post Ume2010 Scratch Card / My First Day In Class (kaduna Polytechnic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.