Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,265 members, 7,957,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:52 PM

Is It Possible For Me To Have A Period Even Though I Am Pregnant? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible For Me To Have A Period Even Though I Am Pregnant? (2696 Views)

Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? / Genotype: Is It Possible For Doctors To Make Mistakes? / 5-year-old Australian Girl Grew Breasts At 2 And Started Her Period At 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible For Me To Have A Period Even Though I Am Pregnant? by chriskosherbal(m): 11:41am On Mar 06, 2016
It is possible for you to have a totally normal period and still be pregnant. If that happens of course, you would not know you were pregnant until you missed your next period or noticed bodily changes. Then when you are examined by a doctor, he will find your uterus larger than would be expected. He might order a sonogram to see if you are carrying a twins or triplets because of your big uterus only to find that you are just further along in your pregnancy than you thought. Although it is possible to have a "normal" period while pregnant, it is very common to have one that is somewhat abnormal. If your period is noticeably "different" ( a few days later, lighter or heavier, longer or shorter), you could be pregnant. If you suspect you are pregnant because of this kind of period, it is important for you to get a pregnancy test. Women who bleed in early pregnancy will usually still carry a normal baby in a normal pregnancy but it is possible for a woman who bleeds in early pregnancy to have a miscarriage. Bleeding during early pregnancy can also indicate the presence of an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy. Because of this possibility, I strongly suggest that if you have a late period or one that is unusual, you have pregnancy test. ( The most accurate test is done with blood, especially important in case of a tubal pregnancy) .if you do have an ectopic pregnancy, the doctor can usually remove the pregnancy by laparoscopy, a relatively minor operation with very little loss of blood.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Have A Period Even Though I Am Pregnant? by Fmartin(m): 11:52am On Mar 06, 2016
Is it a rhetorical question? You asked and you still answer it. Wat do you want Us to comment?
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Have A Period Even Though I Am Pregnant? by chriskosherbal(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2016
Fmartin:
Is it a rhetorical question? You asked and you still answer it. Wat do you want Us to comment?
it is a likely question that can be asked by an individual and answer to that question.

(1) (Reply)

Medication For Prostatitis / Low Speam Count / Coronavirus: Face Mask Now N15,000 From N750

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.