Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari (5288 Views)

Buhari Went Abroad Because He Loves Foreign Doctors- Health Minister / "Is It Because It's Buhari? Can't Suffer & Smile Because My Bro Is President" / Jonathan Government Created TSA, But Couldn’t Impose It – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by AZeD1(m): 7:37am On Mar 07, 2016
kenny987:
Does the President source his forex at black market rate or at CBN rates? If the former is the case that's fine but if the latter is then he proves even more his evil and destructive tendencies which must certainly haunt him in every aspect of his life from today onwards.

It better not be that CBN can subsidise forex for him and a privileged few but not for other ordinary Nigerians who make honest money and want to give their kids better alternatives than we have here.
He is President, the country pays his kids school fees, not him.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by hollywater: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lies.
What is your problem bro?Does it mean you don't have Light,TV,even YouTube in your handset or what? The whole World heard him say that. What do you mean by lies?I bow 4 u oooh!
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by kenny987(f): 7:47am On Mar 07, 2016
AZeD1:

He is President, the country pays his kids school fees, not him.

So, the country can afford to maintain his wards in affluence and luxury of foreign education and all other entitlements but he so callously disregards those who now find it practically impossible to do same for their kids because of his dated economic n fiscal policies?

He actually sits with a sense of entitlement that he can afford it while it is our common wealth that is frittered away to cater for him in this period of supposed austerity! His manner of approach is galling! There are better ways of putting issues through and it is foolishness on his part not to find a modicum of diplomacy and tact in his position as president.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by 1shortblackboy: 7:49am On Mar 07, 2016
'm just imagining if Jonathan made this statement. The cause wey for follow am enh ! Even devil sef go dey pity am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by obailala(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2016
Much ado about nothing. Buhari obviously wasnt blessed with diplomatic or sugarcoated speech but in all, there is nothing strange about what he said.

The country is going through a financial crisis, the CBN is subsidising FX to only importers of essential commodities and individuals paying for school fees abroad is obviously not listed as one of those essentials. So what is strange about what the president said?

If the president should subsidise foreign school fees, then he must also subsidise FX rates for all importers including toothpick and then we all sit back and watch Nigeria plunged into economic oblivion when our FX reserves fall to zero because we are all mumus who do not know how to prioritise.

Obviously the anger is that his own children study abroad even when he claimed he couldnt afford party nomination forms. But only a mumu will compare N27m at an instance to the money it cost for school fees spread over a period.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2016
ifyan:
This man came to power true falsehood s.

Small small his true colour will begin to revive himself
Buhari came in as a saint,his true colour is now showing bit by bit. It took me quiet a while before I believed he's not what we thought he was.
Biggest hypocrite ever.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by iamrealdeji(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2016
obailala:
Much ado about nothing. Buhari obviously wasnt blessed with diplomatic or sugarcoated speech but in all, there is nothing strange about what he said.

The country is going through a financial crisis, the CBN is subsidising FX to only importers of essential commodities and individuals paying for school fees abroad is obviously not listed as one of those essentials. So what is strange about what the president said?

If the president should subsidise foreign school fees, then he must also subsidise FX rates for all importers including toothpick and then we all sit back and watch Nigeria plunged into economic oblivion when our FX reserves fall to zero because we are all mumus who do not know how to prioritise.

Obviously the anger is that his own children study abroad even when he claimed he couldnt afford party nomination forms. But only a mumu will compare N27m at an instance to the money it cost for school fees spread over a period.

how much should be 27m to someone sponsoring kids abroad, and this has to do with his ambition,his desire,he had the money,in fact that would be the first for him to raise
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by 400billionman: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

So it costs over 20 million to take someone abroad ba? Have you forgotten that he recieves pension and also owns a farm? And don't you know that as a president he recieves salary and allowances?

God punish ignorance

So Jonathan could not afford training his own children abroad?

When i see people like you, i usually ask them, " Have you eaten this morning " ? " or how much does this deceitful govt pay you to keep writing thrash to support them " ?

I am sure, buari is not ur dad, neither does he send you allowances..
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by ziccoit: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2016
I learnt 40% of forex demand on education goes to primary school education! Nigerians and their useless craving for anything foreign.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by anath(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2016
1shortblackboy:
'm just imagining if Jonathan made this statement. The cause wey for follow am enh ! Even devil sef go dey pity am

Guy u are very right. That is to tell u that minority rulers are tabu to Nigerians
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by orisa37: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2016
Nigerians spend more time treating ringworm than leprosy. Their foreign vendors are always ready to continue to lead them astray. Part of deductions from Senator Dr. Olowoporokus recent thread is that no one, however highly placed should spend forex in Nigeria or in the State House. Only the CBN and its accredited agents(Banks) can source for forex and dispense forex abroad but never inside the country. Mr. President can always approach his Banker, complete the necessary documents, which the Bank and CBN will vet to ensure compliance with the law, to pay his children school fees abroad.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by anath(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2016
obailala:

Everything he said was right, but by now I taught me would hav relocated all his children schs to Nigeria for study. We hav good private universities that can help deliver excellent result. This is time everyone I patronizing made in Nigeria goods irrespective of quality now cos over time we will grow to quality. He should lead by example sir. I no longer trust him... . GEJ children sch here in Nigeria irrespective of our resources then.

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by obailala(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2016
anath:
Everything he said was right, but by now I taught me would hav relocated all his children schs to Nigeria for study. We hav good private universities that can help deliver excellent result. This is time everyone I patronizing made in Nigeria goods irrespective of quality now cos over time we will grow to quality. He should lead by example sir. I no longer trust him... . GEJ children sch here in Nigeria irrespective of our resources then.
In every society, there are rich and poor people. Unfortunately in Nigeria, we have a battered educational system and every rich person (who can afford it) desires to send their wards to school overseas. With the forex shortage crisis, this implies that it has become more expensive for parents to train their children abroad, however, those who can still afford it can still do by spending some extra cash.

The bottom line of the argument on this thread is basically that Buhari should subsidise school fees payment for 'rich' people who have their kids studying abroad and who now find it a bit more expensive to keep up. The big question then is, if Buhari depletes the nation's reserves to subsidise school fees for 'rich' people, do you think this will be a fair policy to the children of tens of millions of average middle class and children of the poor who school in Nigeria?

About Buhari having his children studying overseas, the bitter truth is that he has the money; forget the story about Buhari being poor, he may not be as rich as most governors or ministers or state commissioners or oil tycoons, but remember, even his military pension and ex-head of state pension is more than enough to make him a rich and comfortable man who can train his wards overseas. About GEJ's children studying in Nigeria, that's a different ball game cos his kids are still young and in secondary school. Let's wait and see him send his little boy to Federal University Otuoke or UNIPORT before we judge on that.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by Goke7: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2016
na wa o. even if PMB goes to toilet today, it will still be a problem to some people. GEJ's fans are just too childish these days, crying over nothing. We saw the way GEJ lavished public funds those days and when people shouted, they were told to keep quiet cos he's the best thing to have ever happened on the face of the earth.

I even salute those who have the time to respond to their childish rants.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by obailala(m): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2016
iamrealdeji:
how much should be 27m to someone sponsoring kids abroad, and this has to do with his ambition,his desire,he had the money,in fact that would be the first for him to raise
That someone can raise 4 or 5 million per year to train his kids abroad, that does not mean he can dip his hands in his wallet and dig out N27 million at an instance to purchase a form. I don't think any normal person needs an explanation for this straight forward logic.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 11:08am On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

So it costs over 20 million to take someone abroad ba? Have you forgotten that he recieves pension and also owns a farm? And don't you know that as a president he recieves salary and allowances?

God punish ignorance

Where was ignorance when just last year, he didn't have money to pick up form...
cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2016
obailala:
That someone can raise 4 or 5 million per year to train his kids abroad, that does not mean he can dip his hands in his wallet and dig out N27 million at an instance to purchase a form. I don't think any normal person needs an explanation for this straight forward logic.
Highly illogical
Can't pick up a form worth #27million, is broke with less than #1million in account, has no property... then suddenly boom, I can afford it, I have one land in PH.... bla bla bla...

I mean come on, we aren't zombies here, are you?

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by obailala(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Highly illogical
Can't pick up a form worth #27million, is broke with less than #1million in account, has no property... then suddenly boom, I can afford it, I have one land in PH.... bla bla bla...

I mean come on, we aren't zombies here, are you?
Just like I said earlier, that someone can raise 4-5 million per year for school fees etc, that doesn't mean he can just dip his hands in his pocket and cough out N27 million at an instance. Even a primary school pupil knows the difference between 5 and 27.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2016
obailala:
Just like I said earlier, that someone can raise 4-5 million per year for school fees etc, that doesn't mean he can just dip his hands in his pocket and cough out N27 million at an instance. Even a primary school pupil knows the difference between 5 and 27.

Yes and you and the primary school pupil missed the part where he said he only had #1million in his account...

4 and 1 is different also...

You can't defend him this time, he has left you in the cold as he always does.

1 Like

Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by gentleheart1(f): 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

God punish ignorance

He owns a farm indeed, farm filled with hungry looking and almost dead cows.
Besides why does Bubari's Cows look like Buahri?

Buhari is the biggest scam the world has ever seen, too bad a lot of people fell for this scammer. From afar i was able to know that Buhari is a hyptocrite too bad a lot people fell for the illiterate and all blame goes to Tinubu.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by masseratti: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
NobleAngell:
No way! How dare u say that? Have u tot of d fact that these people paid their children's fees without any hitch before now? U should take that back pls. Doesn't sound alright on every level. That's d height of insensitivity.
they can still pay without any hitch,the official rate peg is a scam just like subsidy no country with large economy like ours pegs its currency exchange rate they allow the market forces to drive it and everyone buys at the same value no official rate for a priviledged few.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2016
gentleheart1:

He owns a farm indeed, farm filled with hungry looking and almost dead cows.
Besides why does Bubari's Cows look like Buahri?

Buhari is the biggest scam the world has ever seen, too bad a lot of people fell for this scammer. From afar i was able to know that Buhari is a hyptocrite too bad a lot people fell for the illiterate and all blame goes to Tinubu.

You didn't fall for the "scam" and you are saying that he scammed you. Is that how confused you people are?
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
400billionman:

So Jonathan could not afford training his own children abroad?

When i see people like you, i usually ask them, " Have you eaten this morning " ? " or how much does this deceitful govt pay you to keep writing thrash to support them " ?

I am sure, buari is not ur dad, neither does he send you allowances..
First, I know that gej doesn't own a very large business organization and his salary and allowances is no where near what he shared prior to the elections. And as for my status, I have seen many people like you who call people poor on a faceless forum. It only gives a hint as to how you reason
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
tuniski:

Zombie!
This statement is the height of insensitivity. Why was he using 30naira milo as campaign gimmick? Anyway, I am not surprised it is the way of politicians for which sadly buhari is one!
Change is a scam.

gringrin
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by BigIyanga: 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

God punish ignorance
Someone like GMB who has only made money from govt all his life telling Nigerians that we can't afford it. It's our money not govt money and it's time he stopped treating every Naija like a criminal! If every Naija is a criminal, it means that he got elected by criminals! It's pure arrogance and selfishness to degrade foreign education when his kids are benecifiaries of such at tax payer's expense. Whatever money he has today is as a result of being a govt enployee or member of the looting council.. He's never held a private job nor founded any business! He's depended on govt all his life!!
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by skyhighweb(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

God punish ignorance
even ur own self get as he be, he recieves pension and also owns a farm but told people he cant afford ticket, now he telling us he can afford fees abroad, why support foolish talks.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by abduljabbar4(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
ApcSucks:

You can't do anything wonder who will close his acc cos of you mtchew

You are saying this because you didn't know who abduljabbar4 was. I have softened now due to the good things that are happening to my life.
Re: FX Crisis: My Children Study Abroad Because I Can Afford It – Buhari by ApcSucks: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

You are saying this because you didn't know who abduljabbar4 was. I have softened now due to the good things that are happening to my life.

Man you can't do shit, your just a f*****h dude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Trolls Gov. Bello Of Kogi State - See How / Pres. Buhari, Atiku Not Qualified To Rule Nigeria,Olawepo Hashim (video) / Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.