Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria (5281 Views)

This Is Happening In The North About Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Social Media Influncer Segalink Warns The North About Restructuring / How Buhari’s Strategists Disinformed The North About Atiku - Tribune Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nwadiuto247: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
It baffles me when northerners claim that their agriculture business is a contribution to Nigeria while Igbos contribute nothing.

The agricultural produce that the north is selling is personal businesses and the profit goes into the pockets of the individuals who own the businesses so stop comparing ii with proceeds from oil sales.

The money from crude oil goes into the government pocket and shared by all the states. Meanwhile the money you make from the gold in your region goes into private pockets in the north. This is how you people have been cheating the south for several years now. Too bad..

Your agricultural money is the same thing with the money an igbo business man is making from his business. They pay various government taxes so please stop deceiving yourself that your agriculture is a contribution like the oil money to Nigeria.

Even the agriculture business you claim you are doing has been hijacked by the Igbos. We buy up your produce and sell to other parts of Nigeria..

We import things and pay custom duties and taxes to the federal government so whenever you hear that the Nigerian Custom generates six billion naira every week, pls let it sink into your head that Igbo man money is part of it.

The Igbo business men in your regions pay daily/weekly/yearly taxes to your local and states government so stop disgracing yourselves here pls.

We also have three oil producing states and they contribute oil money too. Even if our oil money contribution is not as big as the other states, it is still a contribution

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Simplyleo: 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
So which crude oil are you producing in the SE? is it that one that can't power 1.5 kva barber generator for 5 hrs? Even Ondo whose crude oil output more than triple the insignificant tiny crude in your place don't make noise.

Also, you import and pay tax, is it because of paying taxes you import? Dont you make profits? The profit you make, do you share it with Nigerians? Besides, is anyone begging you to import? Stop it today and see multitude take it up and start importing original foreign items instead of these fake China made everywhere. Imagine, I lost my phone charger, after buying about 8 different fake chargers, I had to later go buy an original phone just to get an original charger.

If Nigeria has to be importing the agricultural produce being cultivated in the north, you think there wont be import duties which will ultimately be borne by the final consumers? That alone saves our scarce forex, reduces the prices of the produce, highly reduced artificiality (rubber rice comes to mind), good proximity of raw materials to manufacturers, to mention just a few. You even admit that northern agricultural practices has provided job opportunities for igbos who now act as middlemen in the distribution chain, yet you are here typing bunkum. Which job did your importation provide for any tribe in Nigeria? The way the northerners freely allow you to be involved in their business, can same be said of you to any tribe at all

Now, for the oil, take a look at the graph and see what you are making noise about. Can that quantity of oil power a business centre generator for 2 hrs?

Gerrout of here.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Anambralstson: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
Typing...
Following
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Bekool(m): 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
It baffles me when northerners claim that their agriculture business is a contribution to Nigeria while Igbos contribute nothing.

The agricultural produce that the north is selling is personal businesses and the profit goes into the pockets of the individuals who own the businesses so stop comparing ii with proceeds from oil sales.

The money from crude oil goes into the government pocket and shared by all the states. Meanwhile the money you make from the gold in your region goes into private pockets in the north. This is how you people have been cheating the south for several years now. Too bad..

Your agricultural money is the same thing with the money an igbo business man is making from his business. They pay various government taxes so please stop deceiving yourself that your agriculture is a contribution like the oil money to Nigeria.

Even the agriculture business you claim you are doing has been hijacked by the Igbos. We buy up your produce and sell to other parts of Nigeria..

We import things and pay custom duties and taxes to the federal government so whenever you hear that the Nigerian Custom generates six billion naira every week, pls let it sink into your head that Igbo man money is part of it.

The Igbo business men in your regions pay daily/weekly/yearly taxes to your local and states government so stop disgracing yourselves here pls.

We also have three oil producing states and they contribute oil money too. Even if our oil money contribution is not as big as the other states, it is still a contribution

Don't mind them with their quota system almajiri way of reasoning their only real hope of survival is hiding in one nigeria to steal resources from the south to develop their deserted dry region.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by madridguy(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
Deserted dry region? Am sure you're high on water before saying this.

Bekool:

Don't mind them with their quota system almajiri way of reasoning their only real hope of survival is hiding in one nigeria to steal resources from the south to develop their deserted dry region.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by NgwalandAbia(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
Don't mind the fools dreaming to be like us, but they will never brothers because cat can never be like a Lion.

11 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nwadiuto247: 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bekool:

My dear i tire for northerners here..

Them that gets school admission by quota system is asking us (SE) that gets admission by merit what we contribute to Nigeria. Quite a shame.

A lot of their graduates cannot get multinational jobs or international appointment like the South because they lack the merit there organizations require.

Thats why you see them flood government jobs where their employment and promotions can be easily manipulated

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Localemperor: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by DanArrewa: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
The east don't contribute more than any region in Nigeria including the Middle belt!!

80 percent of your people are traders scattered all over the country...

Igbos have no natural resources that contribute to our national pause

You're all just like a parasite, you don't contribute but take....

Apart from Assembling and packaging China products in Aba tell one thing that Igbos produce which Nigerians consume??Nothing

You don't have fertile land for agriculture...

No oil, no fruits, Igbos only stay in shops doing nothing... When talking about contribution they'll hide behind the south south... Claiming south!

Igbos are just traders and thank God other regions are also fully into trading...especially the Hausas who are now gradually taken over in the business Arena...

Dangote alone is richer than the whole Igbos in the world...

Make noise again and I will tell Dangote to buy the entire Igboland and turn it into a piggery!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by DanArrewa: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
The north can only be compared to South west not south east!!

The north produce 80% of Agricultural produce in Nigeria....

We provide the whole country with meat and milk...

We own Ram,Cow, goats you can't eat food without...

Tell me why north is going to miss the Igbos when you leave?? What do you have that will harm the north if you leave??Igbos don't have oil

South south owns the oil Igbos have been threatening Nigeria with...

The north is officially an oil producing region... We have our own oil...

We have oil

We have Agriculture

We have Golds

Livestocks

Igbos waten una get??

We are talking of production here not buying and selling!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Igbos only have audio oil...

The only oil producing region we know is south south...

Igbos only have palm oil...which is in every region

South south are not Igbos stop claiming their oil

Ndi ori oil

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
[s]It baffles me when northerners claim that their agriculture business is a contribution to Nigeria while Igbos contribute nothing.

We also have three oil producing states and they contribute oil money too. Even if our oil money contribution is not as big as the other states, it is still a contribution[/s]

If you want to write an editorial to get to many. Go to a newspaper office and do so and stop constituting nuisance with free space here. This rubbish is getting out of hand that you will open thread to write trash.

Pay for an editorial to get a wider view... Nonsense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

[s]My dear i tire for northerners here..

Them that gets school admission by quota system is asking us (SE) that gets admission by merit what we contribute to Nigeria. Quite a shame.

A lot of their graduates cannot get multinational jobs or international appointment like the South because they lack the merit there organizations require.

Thats why you see them flood government jobs where their employment and promotions can be easily manipulated[/s]
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Simplyleo: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
Osagyefo98:

If you want to write an editorial to get to many. Go to a newspaper office and do so and stop constituting nuisance with free space here. This rubbish is getting out of hand that you will open thread to write trash.

Pay for an editorial to get a wider view... Nonsense
Perfectly said.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by JAMO84: 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
They are talking about production, this one is talking about business, who doesn't know how to do buying and selling if capital is available?

I AM DONE TALKING

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s]So which crude oil are you producing in the SE? is it that one that can't power 1.5 kva barber generator for 5 hrs? Even Ondo whose crude oil output more than triple the insignificant tiny crude in your place don't make noise.

Also, you import and pay tax, is it because of paying taxes you import? Dont you make profits? The profit you make, do you share it with Nigerians? Besides, is anyone begging you to import? Stop it today and see multitude take it up and start importing original foreign items instead of these fake China made everywhere. Imagine, I lost my phone charger, after buying about 8 different fake chargers, I had to later go buy an original phone just to get an original charger.

If Nigeria has to be importing the agricultural produce being cultivated in the north, you think there wont be import duties which will ultimately be borne by the final consumers? That alone saves our scarce forex, reduces the prices of the produce, highly reduced artificiality (rubber rice comes to mind), good proximity of raw materials to manufacturers, to mention just a few. You even admit that northern agricultural practices has provided job opportunities for igbos who now act as middlemen in the distribution chain, yet you are here typing bunkum. Which job did your importation provide for any tribe in Nigeria? The way the northerners freely allow you to be involved in their business, can same be said of you to any tribe at all

Now, for the oil, take a look at the graph and see what you are making noise about. Can that quantity of oil power a business centre generator for 2 hrs?

Gerrout of here.[/s]

Anyway that area na Obasanjo compensation of Yorubas through ijawlands carved to them...

All the same the thread is useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Gabkosh: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Can you name your 3 oil producing state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
Perfectly said.

Don't support me..
I only stand for truth and fact.
Creating useless threads everyday because of free space on nairaland
pay for editorial and not all these gossips here.
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:

Go and be useful to your parents....That's what they need from you this lockdown.

Seems so much back and forth argument has taken greater toll on your life and well-being

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nwadiuto247: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:
So which crude oil are you producing in the SE? is it that one that can't power 1.5 kva barber generator for 5 hrs? Even Ondo whose crude oil output more than triple the insignificant tiny crude in your place don't make noise.

Gerrout of here.

You just wrote rubbish here. ```

My point still remains that the money you make in your agriculture goes into private pockets just like the money igbos make in their businesses. Set yout brain right please and read my post well.

Whether our crude cannot power a small generator or not does not change the fact that the money goes into Fg pocket and makes it part of our contribution.

And i still maintain that your agric and even gold goes to private pocket so what moral ground do you to pretend as if your agric money goes into FG pocket like oil? You left the points i made and started writing senseless things..

And whether you like it or not, the custom duty and other taxes we pay for importation is a contribution,. It goes into FG pocket and it is part of the money used in running Nigeria.

Unfortunately your poverty- capital- of- Nigeria region cannot near us in trade or business and thats why we are able to buy off your produce from you.

Honestly you people dont have any option than to sell them to us so stop typing like a confused person since you have no reasonable defence to make forr your poverty --capital- of- Nigeria region

12 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

[s]You just wrote rubbish here. ```

My point still remains that the money you make in your agriculture goes into private pockets just like the money igbos make in their businesses. Set yout brain right please and read my post well.

Whether our crude cannot power a small generator or not does not change the fact that the money goes into Fg pocket and makes it part of our contribution.

And i still maintain that your agric and even gold goes to private pocket so what moral ground do you to pretend as if your agric money goes into FG pocket like oil? You left the points i made and started writing senseless things..

And whether you like it or not, the custom duty and other taxes we pay for importation is a contribution,. It goes into FG pocket and it is part of the money used in running Nigeria.

Unfortunately your poverty- capital- of- Nigeria region cannot near us in trade or business and thats why we are able to buy off your produce from you.

Honestly you people dont have any option than to sell them to us so stop typing like a confused person since you have no reasonable defence to make forr your poverty --capital- of- Nigeria region[/s]

Simplyleo Don't reply this trash.

Go to a media house and sponsor an editorial. What you are doing here is cheap and degrading.

Capture wide Audience to drop your message.

Seems something is wrong with most of you Ipob miscreants on nairaland.

Opening and creating one nonsense on top another.

Use your money if you have any and sponsor an editorial not plugging your phone to the socket in your room and be typing trash.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Gabkosh: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Anyway that area na Obasanjo compensation of Yorubas through ijawlands carved to them...

All the same the thread is useless
Lol, igbos, race of confusion. Today lagos is no man's land, tomorrow lagos is biniland, next tomorrow, lagos is awori land.

Now the have come with another track.

Ondo oil is in Ijaw land today, Tomorrow, it is in itsekiri land, next tomorrow, it is ilaje land.

Never seen such a confused race like that before cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Myer(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

This your argument is just too dumb. No facts, no figures, just nursery school chidren talks of my daddy has this, your daddy doesn't have that.

Every region makes its contribution and you can get your fact from FAAC. The oil producing states conttibute the highest, then Lagos, then Northern states before any mention of eastern states.

Before you argue, get your facts because you just opened this thread to shoot your whole tribe in the foot and end up looking stupid.

4 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nwadiuto247: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:

Shame if you dont know them. Google is your friend.

This shows you have nothing to offer here so i move forward.

3 Likes

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:
[s]Lol, igbos, race of confusion. Today lagos is no man's land, tomorrow lagos is biniland, next tomorrow, lagos is awori land.

Now the have come with another track.

Ondo oil is in Ijaw land today, Tomorrow, it is in itsekiri land, next tomorrow, it is ilaje land.

Never seen such a confused race like that before [/s]cheesy

Go and be useful to your parents....That's what they need from you this lockdown.
Seems so much back and forth argument has taken greater toll on your life and well-being

Be useful to them. They gave birth to you for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Gabkosh: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Osagyefo98:

And you are so usel
fun to your parents that you are on front page of a thread. The mumu even commented twice before me. Ode
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Marine54(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:
Abia

Imo
Abia and imo is among the Niger delta States.......
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Gabkosh: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Shame if you dont know them. Google is your friend.

This shows you have nothing to offer here so i move forward.
Oga ade, mention it. Are you scared.
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:
[s]And you are so usel
fun to your parents that you are on front page of a thread. The mumu even commented twice before me. Ode[/s]

Seems so much back and forth argument has taken greater toll on your life and well-being..

Go and be of importance to them. You are fast becoming another thing. The reason you charge your phone even if there is no light, you will carry your charger and be moving up and down is to come and be misbehaving.

Go and be useful to them.
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Marine54(m): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Gabkosh:
Abia

Imo
Abia and imo are among the Niger delta States... They're collecting 13% oil derivation from the frederal government !

1 Like

Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Day upon day, night upon night..

Opening one useless thread after another, arguing same thing over and over again..

Go to news house and make your stand public..

Rubbish upon rubbish called post..

Ndi ala.

Tomorrow another miscreants will open thread on same issue arguing on same useless rubbish.

Mtcheew
Re: Point Of Correction To The North About South East Contributions To Nigeria by Gabkosh: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2020
Marine54:
Abia

Imo
Abia and imo is among the Niger delta States.......
So how is that 3? Hope he's not talking of those two that can't produce up to 1.5% of Nigeria oil.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

60 Fulani Herdsmen Caught Moving Dozens Of Guns To An Unknown Destination / Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin / ICT: Enugu Govt Trains 114 Indigent Girls, Women, Boys In Rural Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.