Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know (2418 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About James Ibori's Arrival / James Ocholi's Dead Body (Graphic Photo) / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by ijaw1stson: 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ocholi, who is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), a rank only attained by outstanding legal luminaries, is from Igala in Kogi state, where late Aubu Abubakar, the 2015 governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state also hails from.
Naij.com has compiled six facts about the late minister which Nigerians probably did not know before his demise:
1. Ocholi is a born stammerer.
2. The late minister of state died barely eight months before his 56th birthday, as he was born on November 26, 1960 to the family of James Momoh Odoh at Idah.
3. Ocholi lost his father at the age of 18 and became the family’s breadwinner at a very young age. He had to fend for his siblings afterwards.
4. Teenage Ocholi would not have become a lawyer but for the scholarship he was able to secure from the then Benue state government.
He graduated as a lawyer from the University of Jos in 1985, finished from the Nigerian Law School in 1986, and was called to Bar the same year.
5. The legal practitioner was a devout Christian having given his life to Jesus Christ in 1974 while in class two of Ochaja Secondary School. At an evening school meeting at the school assembly hall, a Christian staff nurse from a neighboring town reportedly came around to speak to the students and he was said to have made the move to become a Christian.
6. He did not get the SAN rank until a second attempt. Reports say in 2006, Ocholi applied for the conferment of the rank but did not succeed and he applied again the next year.
As fate would have it, he was conferred with the rank on December 12, 2007 as he stood among distinguished legal luminaries in the hallowed chambers of the Supreme Court of Nigeria to receive the honour.
source:https://www.naij.com/754580-grass-grace-check-6-things-probably-not-know-late-ocholi.html
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by Modsenemy(f): 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
Maybe I didn't need to know undecided
Wats my bizness wit pple who never helped me undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by doublewisdom: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
We also didn't know he was destined to die today.
May his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by GetUmad: 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Modsenemy:
What's this?
So everybody you have had business with helped you? It says so much about you, your mindset about life and most importantly, your integrity. You come across as nothing but an opportunist with such a reckless statement.

Show some respect for the dead. He was some people's father, uncle, cousin, friend. Just same way you have someone like him somewhere.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by Runaway: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
All I can say is may his soul RIP. Amen.
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by mankan2k7(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
This life.....
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by ifyan(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
May his soul RIP.

I REJECT PREMATURE DEATH IN JESUS NAME.

AMEN.

WHO IS WITH ME

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by Modsenemy(f): 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
GetUmad:

What's this?
So everybody you have had business with helped you? It says so much about you, your mindset about life and most importantly, your integrity. You come across as nothing but an opportunist with such a reckless statement.

Show some respect for the dead. He was some people's father, uncle, cousin, friend. Just same way you have someone like him somewhere.

For wat @bolded ?
I don't pretend ..
After death its judgment .let him go and battle with God

I don't care once again undecided that's me
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by tpiar: 3:58am On Mar 07, 2016
there's something weird about this news as reported.

Is he a Nigerian btw?
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by Uniben4sure: 4:28am On Mar 07, 2016
Eyea!
It's a pity!

The man really had a humble beginning. Not like those that rode on looted funds like the Abachas.

And he is also a Josite!!! cry cry cry
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by MilesLamar(m): 6:55am On Mar 07, 2016
Modsenemy:

Shout out to the biggest mumu of our time angry

1 Like

Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by easzypeaszy(m): 7:00am On Mar 07, 2016
RIP mr Ocholi n family...bt my gal hear am hot ystrday aftr d news broke out..I put al d vex for her head..I love dis man naturally.. RIP again
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by ijaw1stson: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2016
MilesLamar:

Shout out to the biggest mumu of our timetime angry
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha@ur a clown
Re: 6 Things About James Ocholi You Probably Did Not Know by yrret: 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
There are so many unstable occurence we openly need to know,such as;

How many ex he had.

How good was his lieing skills.

His best food.

Best colour

Above all, the cause of the ungodly accident.

N/b: we blame death forgetting life makes us suffer.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Igbos Support Jonathan / ‘nigerians Still Believe In President Buhari’, – Apc / Gov Ambode Of Lagos Blasted For Recently Constructed Substandard Roads (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.