Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. (3871 Views)

9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by allawizzow(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2016
Johnny19:
SMH!!!! And these buhari fanatics will b saying he is fighting KWARUPTION please!!!!! lerrus hear word joor

Pls how old are you?
So I won't waste my precious time to explain to you how it s done
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by amaechi1: 8:14am On Mar 07, 2016
For the sake of knowledge, a south African woman was found guilty of money laundry to the tone of $320000 just last week. She was to forfeit the money and it should be paid into the FG account with prove of payment return to the court.

PMB is not the judiciary, we should beam the search light to the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by amaechi1: 8:16am On Mar 07, 2016
allawizzow:

Pls how old are you?
So I won't waste my precious time to explain to you how it s done

Please, give him some tutorial, heaven will bear witness that you have contributed to humanity and capacity building.
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 07, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
Could you please tell us how much has been recovered and compare that with what has been recovered since 1999?
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by ddippset(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
well I expect more,that is not fight against corruption or justice..so someone steals in dollars and u collect mere #400m and ur happy?for me I want the punishment cause a poor man won't be given the bail option
yes its very good to expect more! But what do you expect me to say when some pdp apologists, ipob touts and some bereaved Jonathan loss supporters would keep blackmailing instead of supporting? They know quite well its the Judiciary slowing things down but they keep coming back and saying buhari has not jailed anyone bla bla bla. If buhari ignores the Judiciary now they will still be the first to shout impunity and decree 4! Why are there só many 1mbeciles in this country?
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by 400billionman: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:

He opened his mouth saying Dasuki will end in Prison as if he doubles as head of Judiciary.

See what yoriba youths brought upon Nigeria.

Stark illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by 400billionman: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
No proper investigations b4 arrest...Can't wait for the day someone will be jailed

HE has jAiled Dasuki on Aljazeera..

1 Like

Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by obailala(m): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2016
Another silly thread where silly people come to expose their ignorance.

When PMB complained about the judiciary slowing down his corruption fight, some mumus claimed he was trying to be a tyrant. If PMB interferes and forces the judiciary to expedite trials, the same mumus will say PMB is being a dictator by interfering with the independence of the judiciary.

Now it is the same mumus that are celebrating that no one has been found guilty, even though it is clear that court cases are still ingoing. Sometimes I just wonder if some people were cursed with daftness.
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by Johnny19: 8:59am On Mar 07, 2016
allawizzow:

Pls how old are you? So I won't waste my precious time to explain to you how it s done
Twas only meant to be a joke
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by tuniski: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2016
StOla:

The previous admin's sin is whether any allegation was ever investigated, talkless of arrest or prosecution.

Was any minister culpable in any form of corruption sacked, talkless of arrest.

Did Jonathan need the courts to sack his own ministers?

OBJ had Sunday Afolabi and Akwanga sacked and prosecuted over the Sagem national ID card scandal. Tafa Balogun was sacked and prosecuted and convicted.
Prof. Fabian Osuji was sacked and prosecuted for bribing the Senate President Wabara who demanded bribe to pass Education ministry budget. Mrs Ojomo was sacked from the housing ministry concerning how she handled the 1004 estate crisis. Prof. Aborishade was sacked because of 2 plane crashes that was not his fault.

Yar'Adua had Prof. Adenike Grange of health ministry sacked and prosecuted. Bode George was sacked and prosecuted and convicted.

Jonathan had Oduah, no sack or prosecution, but let go in a cabinet reshuffle many months after the BMW saga. Jonathan had Abba Moro, no sack so he went ahead to spend the money realised from the NIS recruitment on houses in prime locations. Instead Sanusi was sacked for informing the president that NNPC was not earning as much money as was accrued.

The previous admin's sin was that it suffered from ineffectual buffoonery.

This administration has started arresting criminals who were the sacred cows of the buffoonery regime. Monies and assets have been recovered.

Yet the same set of people who have been chanting witch-hunting are now asking why there's been no conviction in 9months, while still defending the previous administration that ruled for 5years.
All the epistle didn't show anything! That president sacked people on allegation of corruption or efcc prosecuted one or two over 10yrs don't make govt past anti corruption czars.
It is not a policy fighting corruption rather an ongoing crusade. This admin is chasing shadows and rewarding corruption abi ministers with corruption allegations no dey today?
The forex regime is a reward for corruption so who is fooling who? Does sacking budget DG erased the scandal called budget of change?

I will take substance over form not some gallery play!
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by FlyboyZee: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2016
StOla:

Has any case been lost by the government so far?

Does the legal system of Nigeria or any democracy allow the federal government to conclude cases within any duration desired by the executive?

That people have been arrested and are being prosecuted amidst crocodile cries of witch-hunting and "leave our brother alone", isn't that commendable enough? Or are the funds and assets recovered so far not worth anything to you?

Or were you expecting that Jonathan should have been arrested, prosecuted and executed within this past 9months? All of that will certainly happen in due time within the framework of the law.

People like you who remark that "let us hear word joor", are the very people who feel threatened that the culture of corruption that has fed their families is being threatened.

For that reason any president that dares to speak ill of corruption is an enemy.
Yes. FG vs Olisa Metuh...
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by FlyboyZee: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2016
amaechi1:
For the sake of knowledge, a south African woman was found guilty of money laundry to the tone of $320000 just last week. She was to forfeit the money and it should be paid into the FG account with prove of payment return to the court.

PMB is not the judiciary, we should beam the search light to the judiciary.
Now, we should beam the searchlight on the Judiciary because it is Buhari. When it was Jonathan, the Judiciary were saintly and Jonathan wasn't fighting corruption. Insult us some more, as you have been insulting our sensibilities. May be you think say na every Nigerian be cattle rearer...

1 Like

Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
chinae:
The topic promised me heaven but showed me hell after opening.

Do you feel scammed? grin grin

Welcome to APC govt
Re: See How Many People The Courts Have Found Guilty Of Corruption Since Buhari. by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
well I expect more,that is not fight against corruption or justice..so someone steals in dollars and u collect mere #400m and ur happy?for me I want the punishment cause a poor man won't be given the bail option
The bail money does not belong to government, bail is held by the court for the accused until found guilty or not. if found guilty or not the money is retuned to the accused. so bail does not mean money returned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Radio Niger Delta Voice Of Peace Begins Transmission From New york / Operation Python Dance ; A stupid mistake by Nigerian government. / PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Nassarawa Welcomes PMB To The State (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.