Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty (27851 Views)

Duncan Mighty: "My Sister Has Mental Illness, Not A Thief, It's Fake News" / Duncan Mighty Elder Sister Caught Stealing At A Shop In Port Harcourt / Duncan Mighty Meets With Niger-Delta Avengers (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by tambivi(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] cool DIS IS COOL
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by McCarlito(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
Akalakoyi:
In addition, please don't buy tokunbo tyre. is deadly.
How Tokunbo wan take feed him family if we no buy him tyres wey he dey sell na
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by abbey621(m): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nice advice and with the advancement of technology why not buy a vehicle with a collision prevention system. In the next two years, there will be vehicles out there capable of driving themselves and when something like a blowout occurs it is able to shut off the transmission and maneuver the vehicle to a stop.......I can't imagine having a Billion Naira and not having 1 or 2 of such vehicles grin grin grin
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
Incase of manual cars, must your leg be on the clutch,So as to drop the speed rate?
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by lumeneng22: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2016
When a driver is given money to buy brand new tyres and he decided to play a fast one and buy one grade A tokunbo to support his leaking pocket. At least when Oga is flexing at one end you go de do your own at another end.
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by oglalasioux(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2016
Disengaging the gear to neutral, as he suggested, is not a very good idea. The engaged gear will make the vehicle stop faster than in neutral provided the driver stops acceleration. Nice advice though.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by lanruma001: 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
Easy to say: I hope we never encounter such...

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by biggjoe(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
How can one engage his gear from drive to neutral without stepping on the brakes in case if auto transmission.
How is that possible.
That advice is flawed.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by kachnov(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
Good advice...

Visit signature
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by mac04: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
kowema:
I dnt know how to drive plus I don't own a car but I've known and registered this 'no brakes' after a tire burst in my subconscious for a long time now.

Receive ur car in Jesus name.Don't forget to share your testimony.
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
spotlessduke:
Mumu people wont knw that he's just trynna show off
u are the actually mumu
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by HonAdeli(m): 4:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
data nice from him!!
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Ravenna: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2016
alphaconde:
Am wondering, I drive an audi A6 v6 avant, I have lost my tyres sevrally on the high way on top speed, my car never get to surmersuat or wave, sometimes I notice blownout tyres from the rim cranking on the tarred road. Why is this? Does this have to do with the car's balance.
thank your star!
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by dotG(m): 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
mubbbish... is dah y he has to use dah xpensive car to illustrate
only you Nå mumu
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by dotG(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2016
kay29000:
Dude just wanted to show off his Lambo.
maybe you should try showing off your wheel barrow one day...*if you have one*..
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by tartar9(m): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2016
what if you're a passenger and the driver is doing the opposite

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by fittty(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2016
GOOD ADVISE!!!. NEVER APPLE YOUR BRAKES AT TOP SPEED!!! Always keep your legs off the accelerator and your hands (BOTH) holding and controlling the steering wheel firmly. Hit the brakes gradually when you're below 50mp. #Survive
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by doe: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
Mostly Stupid advise. 2 minutes ke? A driver has seconds.

The key is to decelerate and control steering.
I see FRSC assume a blowout because of the punctured tire. But this could have happened after.

The driver did a manoeuvre beyond the capability of the 4 x 4. Simples!
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by InvertedHammer: 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
/
Easier said than done. It happens so fast that before your brain registers what is going on, it is over. Only experience matters in the scenario. Then you think about Nigeria where anyone that knows how to push the throttle, hold the steering and step on the brake will claim to be an expert driver. The more reckless the driving, the more the driver is "hailed" and called a captain to goad him to untimely death. For one, there is no driving tests before issuance of driving licence. That says it all.
/

5 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by joyandfaith: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2016
7.Always drive between 80 to 100 km/hr

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Jalinco: 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2016
Can we have a song detailing this procedures pleeease?
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by divinelove(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
money121:
Minister’s Death: Duncan Mighty Advises Nigeria On What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout

The singer who is popularly referred to as Port Harcourt's first son, shared this photo of one of his cars on Instagram as he gave tips on what to do when your tyre bursts while on top speed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCpW-VYLlPV/?hl=en

shift to neutral is a wrong move, rather downshift to ur lowest gear

remove ur foot from accelerator immediately dont kw y u said gradually n hold firmly on ur steering. dont try to switch off engine or else you lose power steering.

if u must buy tokunbo tires make sure they are not more than 2years n discard after 2yrs of use

avoid speeding into pot holes bc they will burst your tires even if u bought them brand new few minutes ago

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by AdemolaA2: 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Akalakoyi:
In addition, please don't buy tokunbo tyre. is deadly.

But 90 % of the so called new tyres are made in China tyres. Some of them are even more dangerous than the Tokunbos.best is to go to authorised tyre companies.
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by symbianDON(m): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
Easier said than done. It happens so fast that before your brain registers what is going on, it is over. Only experience matters in the scenario. Then you think about Nigeria where anyone that knows how to push the throttle, hold the steering and step on the brake will claim to be an expert driver. The more reckless the driving, the more the driver is "hailed" and called a captain to goad him to untimely death. For one, there is no driving tests before issuance of driving licence. That says it all.
/
thank you! you took the words right out of my mouth. tyre blowouts actually don't give prior warnings and no matter how good you at at driving, if it occurs while on excessive speed, i doubt there is really much the driver can do....it happens in a fraction of a second! a lot also depends on the car in question. SUVs will nearly always rollover if there is a blowout on top speed because of the high centre of gravity/height of the tyre. the same goes for buses. the wise thing to do is to drive at reasonable speeds....maximum of 110km/hr. it's quite hilarious that a good number of nigerians think that the more recent and expensive a vehicle is, the less likely it is to get involved in a road crash grin grin grin accidents are no respecter of vehicles tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by dasphinx1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
kay29000:
Dude just wanted to show off his Lambo.

Emm, thats a Porsche. Besides, ignore the picture and concentrate on the message. it can happen to anybody..... Nice one Wene Mighty cool
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Hojeylee100: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
Nice tutorial the port harcourt first son May God continue to add to ur wisdom..........
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by kay29000(m): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
dasphinx1:

Emm, thats a Porsche. Besides, ignore the picture and concentrate on the message. it can happen to anybody..... Nice one Wene Mighty cool

Thanks.
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by InvertedHammer: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
symbianDON:

thank you! you took the words right out of my mouth. tyre blowouts actually don't give prior warnings and no matter how good you at at driving, if it occurs while on excessive speed, i doubt there is really much the driver can do....it happens in a fraction of a second! a lot also depends on the car in question. SUVs will nearly always rollover if there is a blowout on top speed because of the high centre of gravity/height of the tyre. the same goes for buses. the wise thing to do is to drive at reasonable speeds....maximum of 110km/hr. it's quite hilarious that a good number of nigerians think that the more recent and expensive a vehicle is, the less likely it is to get involved in a road crash grin grin grin accidents are no respecter of vehicles tongue tongue
/
Good observation.

Sometimes reading through postings on NL, one cannot help but be perturbed at how ignorant and gullible folks can be.

Speed kills. If an SUV doing 140km/hr has a blown tire (especially the front one), the driver will most likely meet his creator that day.
\
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by ewizard1: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2016
I have always loved this dude and his music.

Nice piece!
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by ewizard1: 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Jalinco:
Can we have a song detailing this procedures pleeease?
I guess No! grin

Instead, theres loads of how to pop bottles and fvck beaches at the club!

#MyBelovedNigeria
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by lilyheaven: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
Amen
Re: What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout - Duncan Mighty by Liljeez(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
alphaconde:
Am wondering, I drive an audi A6 v6 avant, I have lost my tyres sevrally on the high way on top speed, my car never get to surmersuat or wave, sometimes I notice blownout tyres from the rim cranking on the tarred road. Why is this? Does this have to do with the car's balance.
Ur villagr witches neva dey observe u yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Blasts Traffic Violators: "Who Used Nigeria’s Pant To Do Yahoo?" / Muyiwa Ademola Celebrates His 51st Birthday (Photos) / Charles Billion And Mimi Rashaad, His Wife Breakup After Welcoming Their Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.