Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Is 2 1 For Average Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is 2 1 For Average Students? (737 Views)

How To Study And Make Good Grades – Tips For Average Students / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 2 1 For Average Students? by Ramanto(m): 11:55am On Mar 07, 2016
An argument ensued between a friend and I as regards what class of students end up graduating with a 2 1 in typical Nigerian public universities. Our inablity to get the other convinced prompted me to bring this to the great NAIRALAND forum, where no questions can escape intellectual responses.
Your Takes Please
Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by Lescott7(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
How will a reasonable person opens his mouth and say 2.1 is for an average student? Before u can get a 2.1 on 5point scale u must have a minimum of 3.5,which represent 70% of the total possible score,so pls tell me why someone that had 70% should be referred to as an average student?

1 Like

Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by Ramanto(m): 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lescott7:
How will a reasonable person opens his mouth and say 2.1 is for an average student? Before u can get a 2.1 on 5point scale u must have a minimum of 3.5,which represent 70% of the total possible score,so pls tell me why someone that had 70% should be referred to as an average student?
You Nailed It, Bro, Thanks For Your Contribution. Can You Please Give Your Definition Of An 'average Student'?
Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by sammyscholar(m): 2:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lescott7:
you have said it all!
Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by sammyscholar(m): 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ramanto:

You Nailed It, Bro, Thanks For Your Contribution. Can You Please Give Your Definition Of An 'average Student'?
going by academic certification, average students are those who had between 50% and 69.9% which is 2.5 to 3.49
Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by babyfaceafrica: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
What is your friend smoking?...oshogbo weed?..2.1 for everage students ke?.......he think say na moin moin abi..mwith all this sadist called lecturers that abound in public schools....2.1 is not for the weak o....unless of course for those that sleep with lecturers for mark
Re: Is 2 1 For Average Students? by Lescott7(m): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
To get 3.5 na roughly more Bs and some As... A 2.1 graduate is never an average student it is a 2.2 graduate that can be referred to as an average student and to be sincere enough not all 2.2 grads are average students.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

HND, Degree Holders Are Equivalents, Not Equals – Okebukola / 10 Crucial Techniques To Read And Understand / CBSE UGC NET 2016 Answer Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.