Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" (18954 Views)

Mama Turned 70: See What A Makeover Artist Did To Make Her Look Younger. / See Pretty Ladies That Turned-up At Most Beautiful Model In Nigeria TV Screening / Is This Watch girly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2009
Lmao
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2009
lol yea chiogo u need to get off the bball and hip hop. one would think u were gangsta hahah jk cheesy
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 19, 2009
chiogo:

I'm definitely not a tom boy but people have had the impression that I am(maybe because I like rap music and I played b-ball) undecided But I'm not overtly girly like "Oh my gosh!! my nails have broken" LOL, I don't even get my nails done at the salon - I did my nails myself for prom!! cheesy

I'll say I'm in between, I love fashionable clothes but some girls be forcing it like the picture FL Gators posted of the girl with the sunglasses and hat LOL. I'm still learning to walk in heels, I like 'em but I'll rather not break a foot so I'm starting with little heels first. haha. And skinny jeans are cool, they're good for my body shape - I'm skinny. Definitely won't catch me in baggy jeans. tongue

And yes, I love big bags although I'm tiny lipsrsealed mostly for school though - those calculus textbooks can be really heavy. But I wouldn't carry my big bags just to go out.
What kinda big bags? Sometimes I be seeing them kids with big bookbags like they got some bricks in them.

And then there I am with my tote handbag with my books in it, and I wonder, Am I 5 classes short cuz my bad ain't that heavy cheesy

Try tote bags, ma dear. Less heavy, and more feminine (if thatz what you're going for)
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 1:27am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

lol yea chiogo u need to get off the bball and hip hop. one would think u were gangsta hahah jk  cheesy

I've been referred to as such on several occasions. gangsta coo wanksta nee. lol. No way I'm 'getting off' basketball, it's the coolest sport! Rap music too. . .honestly, I only listen to a selected few, something about the beats. But hey, I love R&B too.

FL Gators:

What kinda big bags? Sometimes I be seeing them kids with big bookbags like they got some bricks in them.

And then there I am with my tote handbag with my books in it, and I wonder, Am I 5 classes short cuz my bad ain't that heavy cheesy

Try tote bags, ma dear. Less heavy, and more feminine (if thatz what you're going for)
I'll post the pictures later. Yes, I do like tote bags. Trust me tote bags won't contain these textbooks and binders I'm talking about. Maybe I did more work than others in high school(duh!) but no seriously, my math binder was very huge(I still have it) and then I have binders from other classes. some are not necessarily heavy but they take up a lot of space due to their shapes. I switch bags when I don't have to take my math binder and textbook home. That was high school though. College should be different, I suppose.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 19, 2009
Oh. College, I don't think its going to be that much. Easier if you live on campus.
Well, some of us work better with notebooks instead of binders. I no fit break my back, abeg grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 1:40am On Jul 19, 2009
Yeah, I'm living on campus. Notebook in high school is a waste of energy lol. Buying a new one when it finishes.

Don't think I'll be using binders in college cheesy
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 19, 2009
Well, you're only doing each class for one semester. Not like one class for the whole year. So you really dnt keep that much notebooks.
Well, ma dear, I hope you enjoy your "freedom" next fall wink

And oh yea, you owe me the pix of the traveling bag you carry to school grin grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 1:48am On Jul 19, 2009
lol. i agree with the heavy high school bags. lol been there done that. but u see some others with really light bags n u wonder how they do it   lol
and yea college is def. easier cus there's plenty of time in between classes to be in ur dorm plus u don't really need to bring textbooks to class (u will mostly be reading them on ur own time)
and yea since ur pre-med, u prolly need binders (srry. lol u chose ur major tongue) other wise, get those 5-notebooks in one with handout pockets. because you'll be taking LOTS of notes and i don't think u want ur stuff scattered in several places. u'll want everything in one place to study for midterms and finals.

haha @ your gangsta ko wankstar ni.  cheesy
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 1:51am On Jul 19, 2009
And oh yea, dnt even think about living off campus if you don't know much about your campus yet. Mehnnn, that thing na die!
You forget sth, you gotta drive miles to get it back, and when you come back, to park again na wahala.

@Post
I think I'm both a combo of tom boy and girly girl jare.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 1:54am On Jul 19, 2009
gator, u? tom boy ko. tongue
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 19, 2009
LOL, trust me, I am.

[s]My best companies are men,girls tend to annoy me faster with their emotional rollercoaster. ugh[/s]
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 1:59am On Jul 19, 2009
ok, the first is a picture of my 'big bag' not that big, huh?  tongue

Then I have regular bags I use for not too many books/binders.

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 2:05am On Jul 19, 2009
@oyinda, really? LOL I guess I have to deal with the binders then. I don't have more than two classes in a day so it's do-able.

@ FL Gators, My house is over 2 hours drive from campus, there's no way I'm living at home. No money for apartment either lol.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 2:07am On Jul 19, 2009
FL gator, I just checked your pictures. I think you want me to make comments about your taste in fashion, right?
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 2:08am On Jul 19, 2009
yea chiogo
i use a bag like your second one for big books. from gap. kinda like the one below but in blue

Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 19, 2009
You're a valed, I'm sure you'll get money left over from SFA. And dnt they pay for your tuition?

Those bags are not big now, I was thinking you meant those rolling bags grin grin

n-guage:

FL gator, I just checked your pictures. I think you want me to make comments about your taste in fashion, right?
You're harsh, so no grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 2:10am On Jul 19, 2009
Harsh? No. I will never harm a fly.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 19, 2009
LOL. I trust you then
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 2:14am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

yea chiogo
i use a bag like your second one for big books. from gap. kinda like the one below but in blue

Yea I use it for books too, just not too many.

FL Gators:

You're a valed, I'm sure you'll get money left over from SFA. And dnt they pay for your tuition?

Those bags are not big now, I was thinking you meant those rolling bags grin grin
You're harsh, so no grin
They're saying that they kinda stopped the valedictorial tuition waiver program but there's an alternative. I'm definitely not paying for college.  angry

I don't think it covers having an apartment though. Yeah, I did get some money from my high school but that's change now, which I'll probably use for new clothes.  tongue
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 19, 2009
SFA is bleeping up, mehn. They also changed the Bright Future scholarship over here. Before they pall for all my tuitions, now they only for each credit.
Na economy crunch sha
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 2:19am On Jul 19, 2009
chiogo, u shld have applied to a top private school. they look expensive up front but they give A TON of financial aid especially if ur minority, not rich and you're smart (which u def. are!!) i'm sure they recruited u after ur SAT. some will give u a free ride even and their schools are suppper no doubt.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 2:21am On Jul 19, 2009
double
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by nguage(m): 2:21am On Jul 19, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL. I trust you then
Okay, I think you want to be in between. You want to be modest and still fashionable. If those pictures you posted reflect you kind of clothes, I think they look good on you.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 2:24am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

chiogo, u shld have applied to a top private school. they look expensive up front but they give A TON of financial aid especially if ur minority, not rich and you're smart (which u def. are!!) i'm sure they recruited u after ur SAT. some will give u a free ride even and their schools are suppper no doubt.
Not always. Most of 'em admit more students whose parents are not just financially stable but wealthy. That's what keeps these top private schools running. I wanted to go to Harvard but cry I'll apply again in four years. . .or maybe not. Anywayz, my father wanted me to go to a public state university - he believes they're the best.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 19, 2009
Ok, thanks.
Yea, you're right. I do want to be inbetween. Not too boyish, not too girly
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 19, 2009
You know, I just realized that anytime me and oyinda are on one thread, the topic tends to change grin grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 2:27am On Jul 19, 2009
lol
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 2:47am On Jul 19, 2009
chiogo:

Not always. Most of 'em admit more students whose parents are not just financially stable but wealthy. That's what keeps these top private schools running. I wanted to go to Harvard but cry I'll apply again in four years. . .or maybe not. Anywayz, my father wanted me to go to a public state university - he believes they're the best.

what about tufts? or brandeis? they're good for pre med i heard
harvard is definitely very hard to get into but there are others schools that are just about up there with very good quality and financial aid.
and trust me, they want wealthy ppl but if ur minority, they will fight to get u. lol esp with u being a valedictorian.
ex. my school costs 50k a year but i only pay about 4k 'cus of financial aid. it's not very well known but very good quality.

i'm sure a lot of public schools r good too. even better for standing out in the crowd i guess. ex being a top student in a public school vs being in the middle of the pack in a school like dartmouth.
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by chiogo(f): 2:56am On Jul 19, 2009
oyinda.:

what about tufts? or brandeis? they're good for pre med i heard
harvard is definitely very hard to get into but there are others schools that are just about up there with very good quality and financial aid.
and trust me, they want wealthy ppl but if ur minority, they will fight to get u. lol esp with u being a valedictorian.
ex. my school costs 50k a year but i only pay about 4k 'cus of financial aid. it's not very well known but very good quality.

i'm sure a lot of public schools r good too. even better for standing out in the crowd i guess. ex being a top student in a public school vs being in the middle of the pack in a school like dartmouth.
Well I had the mind set that, "If it's not harvard, then no other ivy league would do" lol. I never considered applying to Tufts and Brandeis although now I'm hearing they're good schools. Anywayz, still not interested lol. The valedictorian of class of '08 from my school goes to Brandeis and my GPA was definitely higher. what school do you go to?

damn, we're soo offtopic. grin
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by oyinda3(f): 3:10am On Jul 19, 2009
lol. i guess u followed ur mind then which is a really good thing. gosh just thinking if i were ur smarts i would have applied to amherst college, williams, middlebury, swarthmore etc not even brandeis . . . lol
but then big schools are good for pre-med. i heard

yea back to topic now lol
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by iice(f): 7:32am On Jul 19, 2009
I used to carry bags as small as a medium sized notebook when i was in school. Hate bags, so it just had to be enough to fit my notebook and pen tongue and always in the style of a doctor's bag. I just have to grip it with my hand. . .now, i don't bother with bags lipsrsealed Everything goes into my jeans' pocket tongue
Re: Are You A "Tomboy" Or A Tomboy Turned "Girly Girl" by SeanT21(f): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2009
iice:

I used to carry bags as small as a medium sized notebook when i was in school. Hate bags, so it just had to be enough to fit my notebook and pen tongue and always in the style of a doctor's bag. I just have to grip it with my hand. . .now, i don't bother with bags lipsrsealed Everything goes into my jeans' pocket tongue

U mean U don't own a handbag?? Cheeeiii shocked

Whats the difference between a Tomboy and a dike???

PLUSSSSSSSSSSSS

Have U ever been involved in a situation were you like a boy but he takes U to be "one of the boys"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please, Where Can I Buy A Household Or Industrial Sewing Machine (brother) / Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / Philips Clinton Ihankonye Wins The Next Fitness Supermodel Competition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.