Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? (2406 Views)

Mobilizing Against Saraki!!!!!!!!!! Course Of Action / We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist / Asari Mobilizing And 5,000 Militants Lined Behind Him {photo} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by presido1: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2009
With this rate suicide bombers will soon be a normal thing in 9ja like pakistan and Afgani.
Let us slow down and reason with each other to resolve all these agro.

"There is no good war and there is no bad peace"
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2009
Aloy-emeka = Hotfunmi, funmi, osunamazon, Deviant etc.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by biola44: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2009
presido1:

With this rate suicide bombers will soon be a normal thing in 9ja like pakistan and Afgani.
Let us slow down and reason with each other to resolve all these agro.

if MEND have d nerves 4 suicide bombing, attack abuja grin
a revolution is sure grin
like i said b4, MEND and d FG deserve each other cos its about individual interests
each to is own grin
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by doyin13(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2009
The post is a fraud.

OPC's Fasheun has always been a loud supporter of all and every separatist group.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by kiwi992(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2009
Hi All,

I don't usually get involved in politics but dare I say that:

Ehoi:

The way I see it, MEND didn't face Yoruba. Its some Yoruba's that want to interpret it that way. If MEND want to face Yoruba, do you think that is the target they would bomb? besides, Lagos is a no mans land. If MEND want to blow up something that will affect the Yoruba, they would have done it in Ibadan, not Lagos.

If Yoruba retaliate, i believe that will be the beginning of the end of Nigeria because MEND will surely hit back and this time harder and more direct. remember that the militants have been stockpiling weapons and preparing for war for more than ten years. They already have weapons in their disposal that the Nigerian army would be proud of.

This is the most sensible thing anybody could have said about it, in my opinion.

Sad as it may be, personally, I didn't think it was directed against a specific tribal grouping.  Why would it?  What have the Ijaws got against the Yorubas, or any other tribe for that matter?  I thought it was all about the neglected Niger Delta?  Is it not?

Isn't that act what you call guerilla war tactics?  Hitting the enemy where it hurts most - just like the IRA did many years ago, by bombing places outside of Northern Ireland - like Canary Wharf in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Brighton and Warrington, until the British government decided to genuinely engage the Provos in peace talks.  Ever since, the troubles have stopped except with pockets of violence by members of the break-away Republicans. 

I honestly wish the Niger Delta issue would be resolved once and for all, inorder to avoid all this guerilla warfare so that peace would prevail once more in Nigeria.

In short, I'm saying that Nigeria must put its money where its mouth is.  That is to say, have a genuine dialogue with MEND and others, listen to their grievances, do something about the problems in the Niger Delta and let the country move forward.  Afterall, most of Nigeria's oil wealth comes from there, does it not?  Why neglect that place with virtually no infrastructure and the worst environmental pollution imaginable?  Very sad indeed, very, very sad.  Even offers of bribery wouldn't sway the so-called 'militants' to lay down their arms because they know they are fighting for all their people and not just for themselves.  

The oil billions amassed by a single corrupt Nigerian politician could go a very long way in developing that part of Nigeria and people there would be happy, I'm sure.  It's called fair play, is it not?

kiwi992.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2009
whatever you say you're fighting for doesnt give you the moral right to start bombing people indiscriminately.

Regardless if you think Lagos is Igboland or Bini land, that one no concern anybody. As una deaf so.

Nigeria is tribal, like it or not, and you dont poke your finger in someone's eye and then tell them its because someone else poked their finger in your own.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Abagworo(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
This tpia.i tipiakwara etipia.just answer this question.did ijaws attack yoruba?BIG N.O, So relax and go about your normal business and stop acting based on misinformation.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Jairzinho(m): 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2009
nuzo:

Aloy-emeka = Hotfunmi, funmi, osunamazon, Deviant etc.
Ok,dats explains the sensationalism. . . . . angry
presido1:

I duff my hat to you. . . . . . this is the most reasonable thing anyone has posted so far.

far all the warmongerers,its easy to start postulating from the comfort of youroom in the US,Euro[e or Accra(Onenaija). every sensible Nigerian appreciates the greviances of MEND & w should not fall into the trap of diverting attention from this noble cause. . . . . . . .

If war starts be it Y v Ij or Y vs Ig or Ij vs Ig or everybody vs everybody. . . , someone you know & care about WILL be affected,don't think becos u're in America . . . it doesn't matter. Posts should be as constructive as possible not destructive.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
Abagworo:

This tpia.i tipiakwara etipia.just answer this question.did ijaws attack yoruba?BIG N.O, So relax and go about your normal business and stop acting based on misinformation.

If MEND goes to your village and attacks installations there, no be Igbo them attack oh!
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by kiwi992(m): 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
Tipia,

With every respect but I don't get you.  Do you think you ought to re-read my posting on this subject or what?

Let's turn your argument on its head and ask you this question.  What moral right do you think the Federal Government of Nigeria has, in decimating the Niger Delta?  Always taking from that part of Nigeria, building a new capital, enriching its corrupt politicians and never investing any of the oil proceeds there.  Have you ever been to the core Niger Delta?  How does that compare with other oil producing parts of the world?

Everything in Nigeria has to have a tribal connotation - this isn't, okay?  As I said, this is a guerilla war tactic that's most definitely NOT aimed at the Yorubas or any other tribe for that matter.  

Please re-think your insensitive attitude to the plight of the peoples of the Niger Delta and forget about tribal sentiments.  Do think about it even you live in Abuja, are the spouse or family member of a politician and away from all the troubles.  I honestly don't think MEND is out to get the Yorubas.

If you believe in a cause, you fight for it, after all attempts at a peaceful resolution has failed.  I don't think that any of the militant groups there wish to have themselves or members of their family killed, mothers, wives raped, or whatever.  Same argument goes with the Nigerian soldiers.  

Hopefully, the Nigerian leaders would engage in genuine dialogue with MEND and others so as to bring an end to all this violence.

kiwi992.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
kiwi992:

Tipia,

With every respect but I don't get you.  Do you think you ought to re-read my posting on this subject or what?

Let's turn your argument on its head and ask you this question.  What moral right do you think the Federal Government of Nigeria has, in decimating the Niger Delta?  Always taking from that part of Nigeria, building a new capital, enriching its corrupt politicians and never investing any of the oil proceeds there.  Have you ever been to the core Niger Delta?  How does that compare with other oil producing parts of the world?

Everything in Nigeria has to have a tribal connotation - this isn't, okay?  As I said, this is a guerilla war tactic that's most definitely NOT aimed at the Yorubas or any other tribe for that matter. 

Please re-think your insensitive attitude to the plight of the peoples of the Niger Delta and forget about tribal sentiments.  Do think about it even you live in Abuja, are the spouse or family member of a politician and away from all the troubles.  I honestly don't think MEND is out to get the Yorubas.

If you believe in a cause, you fight for it, after all attempts at a peaceful resolution has failed.  I don't think that any of the militant groups there wish to have themselves or members of their family killed, mothers, wives raped, or whatever.  Same argument goes with the Nigerian soldiers. 

Hopefully, the Nigerian leaders would engage in genuine dialogue with MEND and others so as to bring an end to all this violence.

kiwi992.

at this stage, people are really starting to care less what the fight is about.

MEND themselves passed that point long ago. Its mainly some deluded patriotic elements (how ironic) who keep fooling themselves or are trying to fool others.

I'm not really interested in anyone's motives for bombing?

In this world, there will always be a reason for someone or some groups somewhere to fight. Everyone cant be happy.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Fhemmmy: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2009
I hope they will be able to stop this before it goes too far.
I know MEND messed up by bombing in lagos, but 2 wrongs cant make a right.
Hope to read a good news soon, and let everyone put it behind them.
I read one dude saying all Yorubas in the Delta Region should start packing, and we wonder why there is stalemate in Nigeria?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Meldrick(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

On the issue of Lagos as a target against Yoruba. I hope not but I believe there are many potential disadvantages if the Yorubas in Lagos were to target and boycott certain markets. The financial impact would affect lives in Delta far more adversely than the oil they are claiming can compensate for or offset. Everyone keep talking about war and violent confrontation. . . but in the impulse, no one is considering that lives will be uprooted from their immediate source of sustenance. Put the hostilities aside and heed the Governors warning. The Governor is your authority,not OPC.

Negro,
I have to correct u on this. If the yorubas choose to boycott certain markets , it has and will never have any effect on any life in Delta. Life will be hell for the yorubas in lagos if the non-yorubas live. Those lazy yoruba landlords who sit at home and increase their rent know that their fellow yoruba will not afford and cannot pay for their houses so they prefer non-yorubas. They Yorubas in lagos make money from the investment of non-yorubas through alaye, illegal taxing, exploitation and stealing.

Nigeria in recent times have shown it cannot survive without the oil from the niger-delta.
Fashola is not stronger than the other Niger-Delta governors and if he chooses to stand in the way of MEND and FG he will be kidnapped.
The OPC boys are as weak as boys' brigade.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2009
Meldrick:

Negro,
I have to correct u on this. If the yorubas choose to boycott certain markets , it has and will never have any effect on any life in Delta. Life will be hell for the yorubas in lagos if the non-yorubas live. Those lazy yoruba landlords who sit at home and increase their rent know that their fellow yoruba will not afford and cannot pay for their houses so they prefer non-yorubas. They Yorubas in lagos make money from the investment of non-yorubas through alaye, illegal taxing, exploitation and stealing.

Nigeria in recent times have shown it cannot survive without the oil from the niger-delta.
Fashola is not stronger than the other Niger-Delta governors and if he chooses to stand in the way of MEND and FG he will be kidnapped.
The OPC boys are as weak as boys' brigade.

It makes me sick to see people always wanna elevate one tribe at the expense of the other.
If the Ibo boys are forced to leave lagos, where will they start selling their stuff and make all the money they made in Lagos, would it be in benin, where most people dont wanna travel?
Now the dude is talking about most Yorubas stealing and all that, go and check with the cops and see the stats of people stealing, i will admit that some yorubas are dumb stealing some nonsense, but the igbos are good at stealing handset which is all nonsense still.
Here is my take, No tribe in Nigeria is righteous, and i am not hiding behind any finger of Yoruba, cos like i said, they are all messed up, from the head to the messenger.
Weakness of OPC is not as a result of fear, but when the push comes to shuffle, we will see what a gentle goat cld do.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
OneNaija:

Infact let War happen for Nigeria sef . War against the Ijaw and War against Yoruba before It can be Extend to Northern Fool. We don vex we don vex. Where Yoruba peoples. War don Happen.

You are more sick than I though initially. If you really want to die, go and take a shot of PROPOFOL tongue
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2009
ilugunboy:

You are more sick than I though initially. If you really want to die, go and take a shot of PROPOFOL tongue

I second your comment, pple just talk without thinking of the effect.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2009
All na talk.
Its just area boys and onile looking for settlement.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Meldrick(m): 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

It makes me sick to see people always wanna elevate one tribe at the expense of the other.
If the Ibo boys are forced to leave lagos, where will they start selling their stuff and make all the money they made in Lagos, would it be in benin, where most people dont wanna travel?
Now the dude is talking about most Yorubas stealing and all that, go and check with the cops and see the stats of people stealing, i will admit that some yorubas are dumb stealing some nonsense, but the igbos are good at stealing handset which is all nonsense still.
Here is my take, No tribe in Nigeria is righteous, and i am not hiding behind any finger of Yoruba, cos like i said, they are all messed up, from the head to the messenger.
Weakness of OPC is not as a result of fear, but when the push comes to shuffle, we will see what a gentle goat cld do.

Fhemmy Fhemmy,
well i like ur point but I hate when people look at it as if without lagos non-yorubas will not survive and that is the point that fellow called Negro was emphasizing. We must preach ONE NIGERIA!!!
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Beaf: 2:26pm On Jul 17, 2009
Meldrick:

Fhemmy Fhemmy,
well i like ur point but I hate when people look at it as if without lagos non-yorubas will not survive and that is the point that fellow called Negro was emphasizing. We must preach ONE NIGERIA!!!

Why? So the ND can feed people who think cos they bombed Atlas Cove, they attacked Yoruba people?
This thing has assumed silly dimensions, with some folk now wheeling out a toothless OPC.
The attack was on the FG which exists everywhere in Nigeria. It had nothing to do with Yoruba or are the Yoruba now the FG's protector?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2009
Beaf:

Why? So the ND can feed people who think cos they bombed Atlas Cove, they attacked Yoruba people?
This thing has assumed silly dimensions, with some folk now wheeling out a[b] toothless OPC.[/b]The attack was on the FG which exists everywhere in Nigeria. It had nothing to do with Yoruba or are the Yoruba now the FG's protector?
Seems people still believe that they have monopoly to violence.

Toothless OPC?, apparently you can only open your mouth to yearn this dust on forums like this.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by ikeyman00(m): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
@@@
im still enjoyi the trait displayin oo
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2009
ilugunboy:

Seems people still believe that they have monopoly to violence.

Toothless OPC?, apparently you can only open your mouth to yearn this dust on forums like this.

Monopoly to violence, that is a new one, added to my vocab already.
I have never see tribalism displayed this much, nice that this thread happens, at least makes one to know what level Nigeria is, people are surely displaying their true color
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Onlytruth(m): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
OneNaija:

Wetin OPC fit do. Make them nur forget say Yoruba can be easy to identify. first Ijaw population in lagos can even defeat Yoruba in Lagos before they start in Niger delta region. Yoruba peoples wen nur won die. Make them ready for fight we ready for them.

grin grin grin
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Beaf: 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2009
OneNaija:
Wetin OPC fit do. Make them nur forget say Yoruba can be easy to identify. first Ijaw population in lagos can even defeat Yoruba in Lagos before they start in Niger delta region. Yoruba peoples wen nur won die. Make them ready for fight we ready for them.

OPC can't/won't even threaten mosquito's.

Na alaye and onile hassling Fashola for money to rent chairs, buy odeku and block Ojuelegba.

There is no trouble between Yoruba and ND.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Ehoi: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2009
The OPC area boys just want some pay.
Why are they having meeting with the Governor?
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by deb(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2009
I like it when people underrate the Yoruba that will not fight a war that he would lose.
Re: OPC Mobilizing Against Ijaws In Lagos? by Rotimi47: 10:24am On May 03, 2015
OPC have more weapons than the whole militants combined, do you think all the weapons brought in to fight Sani Abacha has been thrown away? If you think so you're a learner. The OPC are better trained than the Niger Delta militants but you have to know that OPC leaders are well known so they will not want to show the world what they have as it will give the Federal government room to arrest them. Finally, note that its their intervention in Ondo & Delta States during tribal clashes that made the Ijaws to sue for peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Peter Obi Reviving Igbo Language And Culture / What Will Happen If Jonathan Wins 2015 Presidential Election? / Okorocha:Abandoned Projects Stalled The Presentation of 2014 Budget in Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.