Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess (42772 Views)

Governor Ortom Visits Ocholi And Kile Jime Families (photos) / James Ocholi's Dead Body (Graphic Photo) / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Amazing4grace(m): 11:17am On Mar 08, 2016
nice analysis, any way something must kill a man when it' your time../.........../. in other news both his driver and PA were said to have died yesterday evening... may their soul rest in peace
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by naijacarlovers: 11:18am On Mar 08, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Question for question,that is what made us Nigerians,i just want to be your student,that is all.

Send me a mail. Hope to hear from you. Cheers
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by naijacarlovers: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2016
mart2k:
U asked two questions which I assumed u ought to know if at all u v common sense. D two questions centered on d number of vehicles involved in d accident. According to u, uar nt sure if d minister, his family members n his aides were in d same vehicle or not. If I was right, then common sense ought to tell u that there is no way an accident involving two vehicles wil b reduced to one vehicle. What am trying to say is dat, of all d pictures displayed on d net or print media, it is only one vehicle dat was on display. Road safety account also did not in any way make us blieve dat d accident involve more than one vehicle. My deductions frm ur small analysis is that, we had seven passengers in a vehicle.

Next time chew your words before spewing. I have no business with you so do not insult me. You just displayed your IQ.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2016
bettercreature:
That sahara reporters analyses is very funny and doesn't make sense,SUV is not good on high ways,that is why you can never see any world leader using SUV but our senseless politician are hell bent on using it just to prove they are richer than bloody civilians

I disagree with you sir that SUV is not good on high ways.... What I was expecting u to say was driving above the speed limit is not good on highways.....We all know that most drivers love the high way because it's always cool and smooth to drive one but most always forget to look at the speed limit signs......

Though I am just wondering if there are speed signs placed strategically on that road and on every intersection....
I do not know how the accident occurred but I was guessing the air bag on that car did not help.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by bettercreature(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Richy4:

I disagree with you sir that SUV is not good on high ways.... What I was expecting u to say was driving above the speed limit is not good on highways.....We all know that most drivers love the high way because it's always cool and smooth to drive one but most always forget to look at the speed limit signs......

Though I am just wondering if there are speed signs placed strategically on that road and on every intersection....
I do not know how the accident occurred but I was guessing the air bag on that car did not help.

Sedan is faster due to forces dat will act against suv! Stability at high speed is very important! At high speed, suv tend to roll over as while sedan will be at its peak. Unless ur hand no strong.
I can push a sedan to full throttle (200km/hr) but can't try dat wit a jeep
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by mamajaz(f): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2016
ichidodo:
The janjaweede hired an absolute rubbish of a driver....probably because 'im na im village person' ..now look where that has left him.
Harsh and thoughtless
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Richy4(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2016
bettercreature:
Sedan is faster due to forces dat will act against suv! Stability at high speed is very important! At high speed, suv tend to roll over as while sedan will be at its peak. Unless ur hand no strong.
I can push a sedan to full throttle (200km/hr) but can't try dat wit a jeep

I have never seen any country that can permit it's citizens to drive 200km per/ hr on a high ways....Maybe u can tell me that it is my country Nigeria.... I will not be surprised.... Infact nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to her matters....

Beside, why would any sane person drive up to that limit when he/she is not into race cars and was not driving one?

1 Like

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by InvertedHammer: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
/
What brand of tire? What is the speed rating of the tire? Were the tires appropriately inflated?

Why brand of tire? A particular US brand of tires werr found to be defective and caused a lot of untimely death in Ford cars about a decade ago. There was a class action lawsuit to that effect.

What is the speed rating/ load capacity of the tires? Are they all season tires? Winter tires? Z-rated or what?

Sometimes to make a little pocket money, drivers exchange original parts with substandard (or good enough) parts. To those oga that send their drivers to the mechanic to service cars, you are gambling with your lives.

Nigerians tend to believe that SUVs are rugged and can withstand any rough handling. SUVs are prone to rollover and that's probably what happened when the truck was steered abruptly in response to the bursted tires. Gravitational force is real. I bet that the accident had more to do with overspeeding than any other factor.
/

1 Like

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Send me a mail. Hope to hear from you. Cheers.
thank you sir.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
THE DRIVER IS ALIVE SO LET'S WAIT AND HEAR FROM HIM.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
naijacarlovers:

That tire is not over-inflated. That is a road biased multi terrain tire. The grooves look ok. But further inspection is needed.

The tire has been ran over inflated for thousands of miles. The center threads are all gone.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
maoolakanm:
THE DRIVER IS ALIVE SO LET'S WAIT AND HEAR FROM HIM.

Driver is gone but they can stil pull some data from the ECU.

1 Like

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Richy4:

I have never seen any country that can permit it's citizens to drive 200km per/ hr on a high ways....Maybe u can tell me that it is my country Nigeria.... I will not be surprised.... Infact nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to her matters....

Beside, why would any sane person drive up to that limit when he/she is not into race cars and was not driving one?

And equally important with no prompt medical emergency response.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
symbianDON:
i have really wondered about this accident. things just don't seem to add up from the information being passed around. the SUV in question was a 2015 model Lexus and was possibly purchased in 2015....less than a year ago. it means it was still most likely riding on the factory installed tyres as at the time of the crash. now, we all know that factory installed tyres are usually superior quality. also, tyres on smaller cars are more likely to blow out than tyres on SUVs. i was tempted again to suggest an over-inflation of the said tyre that blew out but then that particular truck (lexus SUV) has a tire pressure monitoring system that would have easily warned the driver. personally i do not think the truck's tyre blew out! it is more likely that the truck actually took an impact from behind that triggered the massive roll-over or, perhaps, the driver simply lost control of the truck owing to any of many factors.

So the tpms in your car warns you of over inflation?
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by styno(m): 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
A very long write up with too many technical contradictions.
1. Tire pressure monitor senses both high and low pressures, and you are more likely to get a tire blow out from high pressure than from low
pressure.
2. Your brake pads cannot rub on a drum as a car with brake pads does not have brake drums. Brake drums goes with shoes while pads goes with discs (rotors)

Anyways you try sha.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by larry2chat(f): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
I like the way you contracted your view
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by lebete3000: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Source: http://www.naijacarlovers.com/2016/03/blog-post_7.html?m=1

Lovely write-up bro...d part where you said same speed & maneuvers done on sedans & sportcars can't be done on SUVs is about discouraging me from buying a Benz SUV oh...does it mean sedans & sports cars are safer dan SUVs and if so kindly explain why....thanx

lomomike your views will be very much appreciated as well and other car gurus...thanx y'all
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by naijacarlovers: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
lebete3000:

Lovely write-up bro...d part where you said same speed & maneuvers done on sedans & sportcars can't be done on SUVs is about discouraging me from buying a Benz SUV oh...does it mean sedans & sports cars are safer dan SUVs and if so kindly explain why....thanx

lomomike your views will be very much appreciated as well and other car gurus...thanx y'all

Email me so I advice u.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by stevecantrell: 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Richy4:

Please visit Germany's Autobahn...no speed limits

1 Like

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by lebete3000: 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Email me so I advice u.

Honestly I'll like d advise pasted here as i can remember the email addy & password attached to my account and for other nairalanders to learn & possibly counter also...hope you don't mind? Thanx.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by Richy4(m): 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2016
stevecantrell:

Please visit Germany's Autobahn...no speed limits

Ok let me just google it now

1 Like

Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by naijacarlovers: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2016
lebete3000:

Every car whether sedan or SUV has advantages and disadvantages. Sedans will give you better road holding because they are closer to the ground and their center of gravity is lower so you can do higher speeds and take bends at much higher speeds also. Most of them are also lighter thereby giving u better aerodynamics and better braking and fuel efficiency. But SUVs are mostly higher, giving you better ground clearance and ability to pass bad roads or obstacles easier and this factor works against them as they then have a higher center of gravity which makes the car not well adapted for high speeds and high speed maneuvers. It is not about whether it is a particular brand like you mentioned Mercedes. Even inside the car on the visor, you will see a sticker warning you that the SUV is more likely to roll over if improperly used.

Remember that there are exceptions to each case. Some SUVs are heavily modified to handle high speeds and maneuvers but they must compromise on ground clearance. And tire types.

I will not name brands o.

So go ahead and buy your preferred brand and model but like you take certain precautions to guard your touchscreen Android phone different from how you handle your 'armoured' 3310 so you should also handle your SUV differently from the way you handle your sedan to avoid 'stories that touch the heart'.

Cheers.
Re: How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess by lebete3000: 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Every car whether sedan or SUV has advantages and disadvantages. Sedans will give you better road holding because they are closer to the ground and their center of gravity is lower so you can do higher speeds and take bends at much higher speeds also. Most of them are also lighter thereby giving u better aerodynamics and better braking and fuel efficiency. But SUVs are mostly higher, giving you better ground clearance and ability to pass bad roads or obstacles easier and this factor works against them as they then have a higher center of gravity which makes the car not well adapted for high speeds and high speed maneuvers. It is not about whether it is a particular brand like you mentioned Mercedes. Even inside the car on the visor, you will see a sticker warning you that the SUV is more likely to roll over if improperly used.

Remember that there are exceptions to each case. Some SUVs are heavily modified to handle high speeds and maneuvers but they must compromise on ground clearance. And tire types.

I will not name brands o.

So go ahead and buy your preferred brand and model but like you take certain precautions to guard your touchscreen Android phone different from how you handle your 'armoured' 3310 so you should also handle your SUV differently from the way you handle your sedan to avoid 'stories that touch the heart'.

Cheers.

Great piece...i enjoyed it through & through...i think I'll go for a Sedan which will give me peace of mind....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The New Look Of Enugu-onitsha Road Being Constructed By Buhari(photos) / NBC Query Letter To Channels TV Over Ortom Interview / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.