Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,347 members, 7,860,894 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Who Taught You How To Drive? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Taught You How To Drive? (15485 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Funny Memes Relating To When You’ve Just Learned To Drive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by repogirl(f): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2016
makizee:
i remember Pops (May Allah have mercy on his Soul) taught Mumma who later became an even better driver than him. funny thing is they will start the lesson, all smiles and all and return home frowning..lol

It is not easy teaching your wife how to drive mehn
Very true, lol. My husband taught me and I tell you, it was not funny at all. I felt I was in control, he felt I was not. The arguments were so much that after I learnt to an extent, I didn't bother him again. I began practising alone.

Even later when I became quite good, he would be like 'you are going too much to this side' and I will be like, 'are you the one driving?'

These days when I drive him, he doesn't talk again, even if I want to enter gutter, he won't talk until I enter the gutter,lol. (Not that I will sha).

I guess he has learnt to respect my driving. cool

6 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by cocoberry(f): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
See ur nbright eye!!! Take me off ur mention joor.... ur eyes r not nbright enough to see dat I did not space book

nbright:
see them
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by cocoberry(f): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
Oya come teach me abeg!

LoveJesus87:
Olodo grin
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by chidooh1: 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nobody thought me, that very day we went to price cars, my friend drove me in his car. After like hours we got a deal and it became a challenge, with the happiness of being a car owner and facts about driving i got from internet i was able to take that car home. My friend was surprised, today, i am one of the best drivers on Lagos road.

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Fraih(f): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
My Mum...
Even tho I'm still learning, she seem to be too busy lately cry cry
I wish someone around could continue from where she stopped, there is a spare car at home here. cry
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Chicent(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
I built confidence in driving by hearing people who drives talk. I picked interest also.

I learnt how to drive with a friend fathers car, still my dad wouldn't let me touch his car until I attended a driving school.

Now I am the *Lewis Hamilton* of my time.
#iwilldriveyoucrazy
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Chicent(m): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
Fraih:
My Mum...
Even tho I'm still learning, she seem to be too busy lately cry cry
I wish someone around could continue from where she stopped, there is a spare car at home here. cry

The best way to learn is the hardway! Get in the car and try it..... Wen u bash the car u have learnt.

NB but pray ur kindd of bashing ain't fatal.... Na dere e go worry oooooo
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
spartoo:

and y did u break up with him after he did such a great favor for u sad
didnt work out wink
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Fraih(f): 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2016
Chicent:

The best way to learn is the hardway! Get in the car and try it..... Wen u bash the car u have learnt.

NB but pray ur kindd of bashing ain't fatal.... Na dere e go worry oooooo
LoL cheesy
I have been driving a few miles, They just wont wana see me take it out alone without a guide lipsrsealed
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by labienyce(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nobody
In 2011 I drove a friend's car.. I almost bash it so i just parked and tell him I'm not driving again
I hate to spoil people's things
2 years later I bought my first car and drive it the next day.. the rest till now is history
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Ate247(m): 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2016
need for speed and grand torismo. And I den took 2 wheels.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by NemzySeries(m): 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
mehn na stubborn head & determination Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo mentor me into driving tho popcy beat me tire & 2day W're both d best drivers in d hauz infact he trust ma driving wella I remember wen I started warming & stealing car d man beat me 1 day ehnnn den 8r he said till I'm 18, wen I got to 18 he said till I get admission into uni, wen I got admission he said till I'm done wit ma 1st year(all dis while I wuz still doing secret driving & stealing of d car) den after ma 1st semester I challenged popcy dat I wanna ma driver's licence which he didnt kw aw to discourage me bkos den licence wuz 5k & I had 3k on me so he had to reluctantly support me wit 2k & 2day dat man uses me more dan hiz official driver....infact he doesn't like seeing mumcy drive far on her on wen I'm arnd & 2day I'm d MERCEDES-BENZ of d family (automatic gives me d trill)

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Chicent(m): 12:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
Fraih:

LoL cheesy
I have been driving a few miles, They just wont wana see me take it out alone without a guide lipsrsealed

Break the rules...... do the undo. That's the only way to show u are ready. Bribe ur GM if need be. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by oluwanoni: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
I first when to a driving school @18 was taught the basic and I didn't have opportunities to perfect with any car, recently for about a year my Dad had been disturbing that I could drive, but we have had like 3practises but when he teaches me, we end up in "oya fun mi in steering jor"

But about two months ago, I bought myself a car and now I have been moving around without help, I guess the driving school and having my own vehicle made it easier to learn.

To top it all someone bashed me recently, so called experienced drivers in Lagos, the guy ended up apologizing.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by ewizard1: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
cocoberry:
Wish I can Drive cry
cry
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by nbright: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
cocoberry:
See ur nbright eye!!! Take me off ur mention joor.... ur eyes r not nbright enough to see dat I did not space book

you 'space book' b4, u add grin but you were fast to remove the 'space book'
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Spanner4(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
bastien:
Went to driver school

My advise: if u don't know how to drive just pay for a good driving school around... You definitely gonna learn things, anyway if you think you can pay mechanic 5h to teach, you will surely gonna drive like them, rough and dirty.

Most drivers, especially commercial drivers don't know steering has number, they don't know the use of hazard light

How much did it cost u to enroll in a Driving School?

Please I want to enroll
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by kelvyn7: 12:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExAngel007:
i started driving @ 18

simple question "WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DRIVE" not the AGE you started driving undecided

tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by bastien: 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Spanner4:

How much did it cost u to enroll in a Driving School?

Please I want to enroll
12500 for two weeks
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by NemzySeries(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
minasota:
its written all over you! Learn to do without ya fathers age mate! ....#teamyoungblood
epic response...I wonder watz so so appealing abt donating 1sef to pple who are ova 25yrs older dan us in d name of luv, protection, financial & material gains
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Spanner4(m): 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
cheesy
My bae Knows that I can drive

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by OTUNBAPASSA1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
One Mr Tunji timothy thought me........
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by raystanley(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
No one ... Took d bull by d horn.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Seventeen(f): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
Boring thread... *yawns*
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by LoveJesus87(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2016
cocoberry:
Oya come teach me abeg!

You get the mind? Cos dats all dat is needed. If u no get mind, pls no bother ursef. Jus kwantinu to squat with agbero boys cheesy
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by avurlerby(m): 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nobody. I learned with my first car. Had to pay for it though with lots of bashing and scratching. shocked grin
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
My Boy friend did
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Foma2: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
Started driving jux b4 my 17th bufday. Drove on a major road minutes afta being put thru. So simple.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Kingsasian(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Thanks to my bosom friend, Daniel. He taught me how to drive with his elder sister's car...a mercedes benz. At least I am now good at driving and was proud of myself when I drove a Honda crv to town when i was asked by one of my mum's friends to help go get something in town for her two months ago. Still looking forward to driving a manual transmission car.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by nakoks(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
Nobody, I watched and practiced in my head for 4 solid years.At age 12 i took the keys engaged manually gear one released clutch and the rest like they say is history.Got my first license at 15 grin
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by oluwazino(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
Played too much car race games nd became an expect, nw I can drive frm aba to Lagos
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by oluwazino(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
Played too much car race games nd became an expect, nw I can drive frm aba to Lagos... All na Asphalt nitro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Why The Placing Of A 4-yr Expiry Date For tyres is wrong / Store For Your Genuine Volkswagen Spare Parts Both New And Tokunbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.