Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Who Taught You How To Drive? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Taught You How To Drive? (15448 Views)

If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) / Video Of A Dad Teaching His 3year Old Daughter How To Drive Wow / Funny Memes Relating To When You’ve Just Learned To Drive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Bluffly: 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
I learnt how to drive through observation though my Dad(RIP) gave me a hint on how to move a MT vehicle. But I must say that driving is not just about skill but requires been sober and the right attitude of safety.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by shankie: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
i watch divers for several mth befor i finally got courage to touch, ignite and move car, was so excited dat evening, now i be baddoo driver
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Hafsat24(f): 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
FADEO:
https://www.nairaland.com/1933918/taught-spouse-drive/7

Read experiences of people that taught their spouse how to drive. you will laugh you head off.

Thanks so much for that link grin.. I'm going through the same darn thing..hubby is insisting on teaching me and I'm so not getting the hang of it.. Whenever we going for lessons..I swallow gallons of patience cheesy.. If screams kill..I shoulda been gone a long time ago. The funny part is I've never scratched the car when going out alone though I've not driven on express..but the minute I know we are together and I'm under scrutiny..I try to be overtly cautious hence I make more mistakes. Mehn! Its serious werk cheesy.. God help me
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by JOAB2010: 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
Never went to driving school, always aimed for the front passenger seat of any vehicle i rode in (commercial vehicles inclusive) so i could watch and learn whatever the driver did.

Add that to road confidence and the mindset that you CAN drive...and off I drove. Mum once tried to help me perfect my skill but i was too concerned about her car to listen and learn calmly. I went on to perfect my driving by myself using the car whenever it is available and parents are not at home. wink

P.S: Driving - like swimming is a survival skill that one should learn because the thought of being in an emergency situation with a car available and being helpless due to inability to drive is haunting.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Lanceslot(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
I was only taught how to balance on bicycle... No one taught me how to ride bike or drive a car.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Greatness366(f): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
I dnt kw hw to drive yet can't even push a wheelbarrow. tongue
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by nyzeo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
No one tot me how to drive i watched n learnt ....and I blv m the best and fastest driver Nigeria has Eva had...not affriad of speed ...I pedaled 260km/h down ijebu ode Benin it was an awesome experience... Who can beat that ..
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by EHI9ICE(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
I learnt how to drive at my place of work,back then in 2010.It was a pure-water factory.In 2011 while still working there,i was involved in an accident-I literally smashed an okada rider and his passenger to threads cry.I watched them(in pure 3D horror)as their bodies flew in the air and landed in the nearby gutter!!!! And in split seconds, the flying bike was on top of them.IT WAS TERRIBLE... As the first eyewitness ran towards the gutter and yelled "dem don die oh", I left the stupid bus(yeah it was a factory bus) and ran!!!.(didnt know what else to do!!!)...THANK HEAVENS! nobody died(the company footed the hospital bill as expected )-but the driver had d worst hit,he was smashed to an inch of his life!!!. I dont know how GOD did it,but he certainly gave those guys new lives that day,coz mehhhhnnn "death" was written all over that accident scene!.I SWORE NEVER TO DRIVE AGAIN,BUT ONE WEEK LATER,I WAS BACK ON THE ROAD,SUPPLYING MY PURE-WATER.# 5 years on,and i still remember that scenario as vividly as anyone could imagine#

1 Like

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by 0gbeni(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
One of our drivers taught me, then i went to a driving school for a few days to learn road signs, basic car maintenance etc

It was quite an experience! :d
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by blaxx: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
Need For Speed, Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Vice city... watching taxi drivers leg on the pedals.
I learnt drifting with YouTube.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Chicent(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
Seventeen:
Boring thread... *yawns*

Where is your interesting thread..... abi u don't know how to thread yours Kiddo @seventeen
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by toprealman: 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2016
cocoberry:
Wish I can Drive cry
can teach you!
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by toprealman: 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
ExAngel007:
i started driving @ 18
This is why people fail even simple exam. Who not when!!!
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by GBYB: 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2016
makizee:
i remember Pops (May Allah have mercy on his Soul) taught Mumma who later became an even better driver than him. funny thing is they will start the lesson, all smiles and all and return home frowning..lol

It is not easy teaching your wife how to drive mehn
this is very true.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Jumaisha(f): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
I started driving at Age 15 when I was in SS2. My Dad was my tutor then.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by kherlly(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2016
my former senior colleague where i worked last
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by phensbassey: 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
actually no onr, I watched and learned... one day my boss gave keys to push one car and bring back to the garage..I just entered, and drove it to everyone's surprise Including myself...
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by iamSi(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
I almost killed myself ... Took off in my new car to another state . First time driving, swerving the roads. Found myself inside bush on the 120s . Thank God for my life he led me back abi?

On my way back to my state of abode ... I was just on 50s like snail ... People behind me cursing like Hell.

Puke-driver " they would have reasoned ... They don't know I would have been dead 2 hours earlier...
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Andropod(m): 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
tombravo:
dad taught me - you are in d middle of the road! you almost crushed that mans leg. you want to drive into the forest? handle the wheel like a man, idiot! - . . . buh i had to stop playing gta o, if u carry gta experience go highway mehn! na FATALITY. In 17, i now drive the family to church on sundays.
hmmmmmmm..nice...I sha hope you won't hurt vyour family one day...by the way,should it be in 17 or at 17??
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
Andropod:
hmmmmmmm..nice...I sha hope you won't hurt vyour family one day...by the way,should it be in 17 or at 17??
christ Jesus. . i didnt see the typo!
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Mekzmoney(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2016
A friend once said that driving a car is like having sex cheesycheesycheesy

But

Un4tunately

I dunno how to drive gringringrin

And nobody will teach me how to drive... smiley
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by prela(f): 12:57am On Mar 09, 2016
My dad's mechanic, a man called LabiLabi
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 09, 2016
MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND. WAS REALLY PATIENT WITH ME AND TAUGHT ME WELL. DONT WANT TO BOAST OO.
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Andropod(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
tombravo:
christ Jesus. . i didnt see the typo!
eyah...Pele...have ye saw ye jambo receipt
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by spartoo: 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
osedvgirl:
didnt work out wink
yea.. dats wat they always say
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
spartoo:

yea.. dats wat they always say
sad
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by richsyd: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pls I need a very good and affordable driving school in Lagos. Any recommendations?
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by HonAdeli(m): 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
my younger brother,though he taught me for a day but now am better off than him!!
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by zeezahbee(f): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
I got a car first. I believed if the car is on ground then I will figure how to drive. One of coworker taught me for just 30 mins but I didn't understand. One morning, my apartment put a sign on my car that they were gonna tow away the car since I just left it parking. The next morning, I paid insurance and just decided that Na only once I go die Na. I called my mom and she ginger me. I drove to work that morning md the rest is history. I can drive anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by makizee(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
^^^ it must have been an automatic drive stick right ?
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by ryanfletcher: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
In the developed world you must learn from a reputable driving school but here in naija baba latti who learned watching his novice uncle is now the role model of highway drivers,smh
Re: Who Taught You How To Drive? by femi9naija(m): 11:19am On Mar 28, 2016
My dad, shortly after my 16th birthday. We often disagreed so tey he eventually stopped teaching me. So, when i clocked 20, i got myself a cheap car, started driving it round myself and here i am-PERFECT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / World’s First Self-driving Race Car Completes Hillclimb Without A Driver In It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.