Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics (24261 Views)

Work Begins At The Presidential Villa In Abuja After Rats Infestation. Photos / Policemen, MOPOL Search Danjuma La’ah's House In Kaduna (Pics) / Blood Will Flow If Elrufai Demolishes Gbagyi Villa- Kaduna Youth Groupwarns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by buoye1(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2016
They should raise an alter of prayer against him...
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by tooman: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2016
LordMecuzy:
I Bought two plots of land somewhere in makurdi. When the landlord agreed to sell the first thing I did was to go straight to the ministry of land and survey to check if the land has issues (Government land or for a proposed govt building) The director assured me it wasn't a dispute land before I went ahead to make payments..

People should always check the availability of any land from the ministry of land and survey/ Urban development before making payments ooooooooh.

But if truly the have the R of O or C of O to these lands they should head straight to the court of law...

Good morning
simple
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 08, 2016
Integrityfarms:
The Midget has a low human reasoning capacity, suffering from stunted growth and necrosis, highly incapacitated in thoughts, having a penchant for destruction of life and properties, senseless, unsympathetic, devilish, useless, inane, devilish, an imp, good for nothing and above all very silly.
I pray for kaduna my nysc state to endure till the maalu ends his regime before his time!
call him names,it ends here,he doesn't know you...I love your use of English but it's 9am and the only place you can use it is on NL

1 Like

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by snthesis(m): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2016
jedisco:

If you think my post was sentimental, then point out the sentiments there in.
Like I said, there was an ongoing row with the Government and within this time, people steered clear. It was after the court case and even the polytechnic subsequently agreeing to the ruling by fully fencing off their portion that people began building there.
Like I stated, those that subsequently encroached the fully fenced off poly land were stopped and no one raised an alarm as they were clearly wrong
From this, it's clear that all those areas you listed are very much different from this case. This area is not obstructing any critical infrastructure and not posing any health risk. If you've visited the area you would know that these are not just maybe 50 or 100 buildings on Government land it's a whole settlement. It's just like destroying the whole Ungwan Sule part of Romi which is behind Command secondary school where the demarcations for the school is well outlined.
Why was the Government silent all this while if they were not satisfied with the court case? The polytechnic which was a federal institution in this case were well satisfied. So what's the state governments issue with it?
THIS IS A LEGAL DISPUTE AND THE RESIDENTS SHOULD TAKE THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO COURT

2 Likes

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Integrityfarms(m): 9:03am On Mar 08, 2016
Benz4pimp:
call him names,it ends here,he doesn't know you...I love your use of English but it's 9am and the only place you can use it is on NL

Am sorry I ain't an unemployed graduate OK! Am on my daily duties even on a business trip to Ibadan from my Enugu base. In the comfort of the vehicle I typed and gave out a dose of the bitter pills to El Rufai as he claims expertise in raining abuses of leaders especially GEJ!
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by CioAngels(f): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
I think there would be relocation / reimbursement plan

If not , I support they defend their community anyhow they deem fit
how much reinbusement and location to where? I think elrufai is a sadist who enjoys seeing people sad.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by ekpesa(m): 9:06am On Mar 08, 2016
I am affected as I have a property there which I bought after the case was won by the gbagis. subsequently kaduna poly now fenced off its side. we got building approvals from the same state authority, now the same authority that gave me building approval has now serve me demolition notice. my take is elrufai is obsessed with demolition.

1 Like

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Irore: 9:08am On Mar 08, 2016
Pavore9:
Verify the status of a land before buying!

The responsible agency(ies) will give you a go a head when you go for verification prior to land purchase and it's the same agency that will roll out their bulldozers for demolition. Are you following?

3 Likes

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Obiodunukwe: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2016
So your analysis is not based on an objective overview of the facts but hinged on emotions. Just because El Rufai criticised GEJ , you will have an unfavourable view of all his actions.

Did you say that you are a graduate?

Integrityfarms:

Am sorry I ain't an unemployed graduate OK! Am on my daily duties even on a business trip to Ibadan from my Enugu base. In the comfort of the vehicle I typed and gave out a dose of the bitter pills to El Rufai as he claims expertise in raining abuses of leaders especially GEJ!

3 Likes

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Integrityfarms(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
So your analysis is not based on an objective overview of the facts but hinged on emotions. Just because El Rufai criticised GEJ , you will have an unfavourable view of all his actions.

Did you say that you are a graduate?

Making people homeless with a high level on insensitivity and high handedness is what you expect me to say well done to, abi?
When I do that I am now a graduate abi?
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by mattyboy007(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2016
kachnov:
If he demolishes that area,is there any urgent project that will take over that parcel?
i dout it.. d man derive so mch joy in makin ppl suffer bt soon karma will catch up wit him since he wanna also tamper wit Religion
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by beautyerhu86(f): 9:14am On Mar 08, 2016
maskamdo:
Very sorrowful but nevertheless sentimental post, u forgot to mention that as far back as 2009 or earlier people were been warned to stay clear of lands around that same GBAGYI VILLA... (KADPOLY land) Albeit d govt of the day didn't follow up & enforce its warning just like it happened @ NAFDAC layout in NARAYI, (NAFDAC testing laboratory & training school site)..... @ HAYIN DAN MANI (proposed site of MILLENIUM CITY) UNGWAR RIMI.... @ around TREASURES of d UNIVERSE behind NNPC quarters (for health reasons) due to proximity to KADUNA REFINERY.... @ d side of SHAGARI lowcost BARNAWA kaduna (shops have been built there despite warnings that pipe borne water pipes are buried around that route that supply d whole of that area up to (HIGHCOST) NARAYI , UNGWAR BORO & beyond & worse off d land around that area including d "SHAGARI LOWCOST" belongs not to d STATE GOVT but FEDERAL GOVT)..... @ KAKURI OPEN PRISON CAMP around UNGWAR SUNDAY/ TELEVISION (some people have bought & even built structures & a petrol station on land belonging to prisons services)!!!!!! @ GOVT college by GWAMNA road (d schools land have been encroached that its now hard to differentiate between d school quarters & private residence(s)!!! There are so many of such places within KADUNA METROPOLIS with indiscriminate structures popping up but for lack of time to mention them all..... Not forgetting land @ KUDENDA that was allocated for power plant (NIPP) that has been encroached too!!!!!!! & tomorrow or whenever they are served with demolition notice(s) they will scream wickedness, bigotry, religious fanaticism & all worth not when COMMON SENSE dictates u should avoid such piece(s) of land.... KASUPDA or which ever agency that gave d permit for building of structures will be d same guys that will roll in d bulldozers tomorrow...... CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!

You are right. I remembered the case of NAFDAC land. My mum almost bought. ThankGod she yielded to the warnings of people. My parents house isn't far from NAFDAC. I grew up in that area.

1 Like

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Pavore9: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2016
Irore:

The responsible agency(ies) will give you a go a head when you go for verification prior to land purchase and it's the same agency that will roll out their bulldozers for demolition. Are you following?

It is high when anyone who gets a documented go ahead from relevant agency to use it as basis for suing the government for compensation and when it becomes a norm, the government will look into using the entitlements accruing to the erring civil servants to pay compensations, When a civil servant knows his/her gratuity will be used to offset compensations, they will keep off from scams!

1 Like

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by DaBullIT(m): 9:17am On Mar 08, 2016
CioAngels:
how much reinbusement and location to where? I think elrufai is a sadist who enjoys seeing people sad.

"sadist" is self explanatory
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Obiodunukwe: 9:23am On Mar 08, 2016
Do you have all the facts regarding this case?

You have an interesting opinion about the issue so I am guessing you do at least have a basic understanding of the reasons behind the State Govt decision ?

Integrity farms:

Making people homeless with a high level on insensitivity and high handedness is what you expect me to say well done to, abi?
When I do that I am now a graduate abi?

2 Likes

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by stonemasonn: 9:31am On Mar 08, 2016
#TheDemolitionMan
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by zizoo36: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2016
wallbuilder:
What Elrufais obsession with making people homeless? He must learn to be human for once!
Please keep off! This is a Northern issue not Biafra grin
wallbuilder:
What Elrufais obsession with making people homeless? He must learn to be human for once!
Please keep off! This is a Northern issue not Biafra
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by nortcentrallord(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2016
Northern Kaduna is filled with Chanties yet it's untouchable but a well planned area has to be demolished because it's in southern Kaduna. Rubbish! This sick midget thinks he is the King of life. He only forgets that his is counting down daily.

1 Like

Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Timoleon(m): 10:21am On Mar 08, 2016
Benz4pimp:
Atimes I hate when we put sentiments into everything,Nigeria will not get anywhere with sentiments....Go to China and North Korea,they are gaining grounds because they have strict laws and once you go against it,you are gone....from your 1st or 2nd paragraph,you stated clearly who owned the land which is the govt,then later came up with the land was there and no one acquired it...that's bull shit...is it not the same corrupt judges we have?offer them millions and they twist cases....if you acquire govt property,guy sooner or later they will come for it...QED

well said.

beyond this though @op, ur story is not complete, i dont think the government just woke up n wished to demolish they must av given reasons why this was their best option, ur article didnt tell us why they are demolishing all u did was whip up sentiments about number of house that would av to be demolishished. u want to do justice to dis topic? let us know the outcomes of discussions held between the community and the government. otherwise, we outside kd will stil remain in d dark.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by LightofEarendil: 10:38am On Mar 08, 2016
I love this thread and the discuss. Please keep it clean and educating.
The truth will always set free...
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by pedestal82(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2016
The Op, Jedisco, in my opinion has given an unbiased History of the place. I rented a shop there and had to leave when the initial notice was given late last year.
What i find confusing is that the Polythecnic in question is federal Govt owned, what is Elrufai business with that land. It is not the state owned Polythecnic.
And i pity the pensioniers that are about to loose thier whole lifes work there.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by HAH: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2016
The op should know that Kaduna polytechnic is in kaduna south local government, tudun wada where the poly is located is in kaduna south
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by mfm04622: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
pedestal82:
The Op, Jedisco, in my opinion has given an unbiased History of the place. I rented a shop there and had to leave when the initial notice was given late last year.
What i find confusing is that the Polythecnic in question is federal Govt owned, what is Elrufai business with that land. It is not the state owned Polythecnic.
And i pity the pensioniers that are about to loose thier whole lifes work there.

1) All land in a state belongs to th State Govt. All
2) in view of 1 above, other land owners own the land at the pleasure of the State Govt. This mean the State Govt can revoke land earlier owned by you.

What I think is Kaduna State Govt want to collect back the unused (unfenced) land she gave to FG for Kaduna Poly.
I suggest the govt be taken to Court to stop the demolition while political and other pressure is put on the Governor to resolve the issue. The users of the land must b willing to buy the land from the State Govt.

My take.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Marotzke(m): 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
Jedisco, so you win the bet, the paramount ruler of the Gbagys have a house there, does it legalise an illegality?
A Court case, judgement extracted from a false premise, does it affect the gravamen of the matter? Did the gbagys take Kaduna state government to court or Kaduna polytechnic?
If the Gbagys took the polytechnic to court and got a judgement which the polytechnic accepted, how does that affect the state government . A second year law student will tell you that if you are joining issues with a beneficiary of a gift or an asset with out joining the benefactor, the matter is dead on arrival (DOA).

If a government whether federal or state acquires a land, pays adequate compensation, surveys it and sites a school there. It bothers on sheer lunacy for you to take the school management to court to reduce the size of the land without joining the government which is the original owner of the land. Any judgement emanating from such jankara proceedings is not worth the paper it is written on. That the polytechnic fenced off a portion of the land does not mean that free land for speculation has arrived.

Instead of you abusing El rufai for upholding his oath of allegiance, Sue the Gbagy chief for criminal misrepresentation, scout for unhindered Gbagy ancestral land for seizures and possibly reparation.
Leave wailings for wailers and stupidity for Zombies.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by maskamdo(m): 12:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
jedisco:

If you think my post was sentimental, then point out the sentiments there in.
Like I said, there was an ongoing row with the Government and within this time, people steered clear. It was after the court case and even the polytechnic subsequently agreeing to the ruling by fully fencing off their portion that people began building there.
Like I stated, those that subsequently encroached the fully fenced off poly land were stopped and no one raised an alarm as they were clearly wrong

From this, it's clear that all those areas you listed are very much different from this case. This area is not obstructing any critical infrastructure and not posing any health risk. If you've visited the area you would know that these are not just maybe 50 or 100 buildings on Government land it's a whole settlement. It's just like destroying the whole Ungwan Sule part of Romi which is behind Command secondary school where the demarcations for the school is well outlined.
Why was the Government silent all this while if they were not satisfied with the court case? The polytechnic which was a federal institution in this case were well satisfied. So what's the state governments issue with it?

@ O.p I remember clearly in december when I visited a friend of my who leaves in gbagyi villa around d overhead water tank/ transformer she told me d houses that were marked including hers was due to d absence of drainages around d houses & u will agree with me that almost all those beautiful houses lack proper drainages & its a nightmare during d rainy season but till this moment they have mostly refused to build drainages in front of their own houses/duplexes/mansions or whatever they have built but I do not know if of recent d govt has turned on d heat & decided to demolish d houses there which of course will be an economic catastrophe..... Constitution road comes to mind when d likes of LG showroom, farida ventures, khemsafe, nna hotels where all marked for demolition by some overzealous kasupda staff only for d governor to come out & say he didn't order the markings for demolition..... U will do well to periodically visit (kdsg.gov.ng) for informed & latest happenings in kaduna state & environs... Regards.......
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by henryhemon(m): 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Marotzke:
Gbagys'(Gwari) are fond of this recurring fraud. Government will acquire land from them, pay adequate compensation which they will happily collect. Decades latter they will encroach on the same land and label it ancestral/ community land. Before you know it they will hire the services of a surveyor ,parcelate the land and start selling same at crimminally cheap prices.

I bet you, no gbagy man have any modern house in that settlement . They always alert their well to do tribesmen on the real nature of their scam.
After hoodwinking innocent people into investing their lifesavings into this phony land ,with phony titles ,they want government to alter its plans to suit their criminality.

El rufai will have none of it. He first started with his hometown of Zaria. Every house built on school land whether acquired legally or illegally, whether thirty years old or six months was pulled down. Is it now kaduna south that he will pity?

That was how the gbagys encroached on Nigerian Air Force land in Asokoro extension( current NAF valley estate). Before you knew it, they installed a chief there, who was dashing out land and selling some at very cheap prices.(in Asokoro of all areas in Abuja.)

By the time airforce bulldozers came, they started with the gbagy chief's palace. The rest as they say is history. Moral of the story : when a Gbagy chief or community offers you a ridiculously cheap land in a very promising area, look that greek horse gift inside the mouth.

So true from experience.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by Ludated(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
Personally,me think this governor is just been harsh n wicked.this is a calculated attempt 2render these people homeless n useless.God would fight for them
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by jedisco(m): 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2016
snthesis:

THIS IS A LEGAL DISPUTE AND THE RESIDENTS SHOULD TAKE THE STATE GOVERNMENT TO COURT

I heard they've recalled the lawyer that won the last case to take it up again. But you know how these things are.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by jedisco(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2016
Timoleon:

well said.

beyond this though @op, ur story is not complete, i dont think the government just woke up n wished to demolish they must av given reasons why this was their best option, ur article didnt tell us why they are demolishing all u did was whip up sentiments about number of house that would av to be demolishished. u want to do justice to dis topic? let us know the outcomes of discussions held between the community and the government. otherwise, we outside kd will stil remain in d dark.

I stated facts not whip up sentiments. The Government's reason has been clear all along and that is they are insisting that it's Government land on a matter that has already been settled in court.

Of course they've been holding discussions and the Government is adamant. At first, the houses were marked, then last week, they brought demolition notice. What do you want the people to do? To continue holding endless discussions with the Government until they see bulldozers?
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by jedisco(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
pedestal82:

That's what everyone is saying. The FG thru the polytechnic has settled with the Gbagyis. So what concerns El Rufai with the matter?
If the state had objections, they would have raised it up in court when the matter was in court or soon after. But not after people have put in their savings on it.
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by jedisco(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Marotzke:
Jedisco, so you win the bet, the paramount ruler of the Gbagys have a house there, does it legalise an illegality?
A Court case, judgement extracted from a false premise, does it affect the gravamen of the matter? Did the gbagys take Kaduna state government to court or Kaduna polytechnic?
If the Gbagys took the polytechnic to court and got a judgement which the polytechnic accepted, how does that affect the state government . A second year law student will tell you that if you are joining issues with a beneficiary of a gift or an asset with out joining the benefactor, the matter is dead on arrival (DOA).

If a government whether federal or state acquires a land, pays adequate compensation, surveys it and sites a school there. It bothers on sheer lunacy for you to take the school management to court to reduce the size of the land without joining the government which is the original owner of the land. Any judgement emanating from such jankara proceedings is not worth the paper it is written on. That the polytechnic fenced off a portion of the land does not mean that free land for speculation has arrived.

Instead of you abusing El rufai for upholding his oath of allegiance, Sue the Gbagy chief for criminal misrepresentation, scout for unhindered Gbagy ancestral land for seizures and possibly reparation.
Leave wailings for wailers and stupidity for Zombies.

That's another twist to it but the issue here is that the land belongs to the FG and not the state. The FG here have settled and accepted the court's judgement. Even though I'm not a lawyer, I don't think a state government has higher authority over the land than the FG?
Re: Truth About The Planned Demolition Of Gbagyi-Villa, In Kaduna Pics by egobetatoday: 2:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
wallbuilder:

he likes destruction because he never had toys when he was growing up - talk of childhood fantasies!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan: Before PMB Crowns An Enemy, By Abdullahi Suleiman / Reuben Abati With His Wife At Their Daughter's Graduation / Pictures Of Crowd At Olawepo Hashim's Presidential Rally In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.