Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,901 members, 7,866,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples (814 Views)

Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church? / Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by turboG: 12:44am On Mar 08, 2016
Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches to Refuse to Marry Same-Sex Couples

The Florida state Senate passed a bill that, if signed by Republican Gov. Rick Scott, would protect churches from being forced to marry same-sex couples.
CBN News reports that the bill would take effect July 1 if Gov. Scott signs it into law.

Democrats in the Senate who oppose the bill argue that churches are already protected by the Constitution and that there is no need for a separate bill to protect religious freedom in this way.

However, Republican state Sen. Aaron Bean disagrees.

Read More:
http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/03/florida-senate-passes-bill-allowing-churches-to-refuse-to-marry-same-sex-couples/
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by preggi(m): 1:13am On Mar 08, 2016
turboG:
Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches to Refuse to Marry Same-Sex Couples

The Florida state Senate passed a bill that, if signed by Republican Gov. Rick Scott, would protect churches from being forced to marry same-sex couples.
CBN News reports that the bill would take effect July 1 if Gov. Scott signs it into law.

Democrats in the Senate who oppose the bill argue that churches are already protected by the Constitution and that there is no need for a separate bill to protect religious freedom in this way.

Read More:
http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/03/florida-senate-passes-bill-allowing-churches-to-refuse-to-marry-same-sex-couples/

It is a good move. The church should be protected from saying Yes or No to gay union.
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by obontami: 2:37am On Mar 08, 2016
Gays are sttupid set of people

1 Like

Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by naijaboy756: 5:27am On Mar 08, 2016
obontami:
Gays are sttupid set of people
they are not a stupid set but the MOST stupid set of people
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by obontami: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2016
naijaboy756:
they are not a stupid set but the MOST stupid set of people

Thank you my brother, I really commend nigerian government for the ban they place on gays I think that one of the few things they got right

I hate gays to the bone if I happen to be the president of this great Country I will condemn them to death in no time

What nonsense
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by turboG: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2016
preggi:

It is a good move. The church should be protected from saying Yes or No to gay union.

Yes My brother. Capital NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by TalkWithLizy: 1:46pm On Mar 08, 2016
turboG:

Read More:

No way to Gay. God pass dem
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by asalimpo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
obontami:

Thank you my brother, I really commend nigerian government for the ban they place on gays I think that one of the few things they got right

I hate gays to the bone if I happen to be the president of this great Country I will condemn them to death in no time

What nonsense
dont hate gayz, hate the spirit behind it.
Some of those people were normal/straight until they got 'infected' with that 'disease'.

The disgust of the act alone proves that humans have a conscience that instinctively knows right from wrong. We are not freak accidents of evolution as some scientists would want to have us believe.
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by turboG: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:

dont hate gayz, hate the spirit behind it.
Some of those people were normal/straight until they got 'infected' with that 'disease'.

The disgust of the act alone proves that humans have a conscience that instinctively knows right from wrong. We are not freak accidents of evolution as some scientists would want to have us believe.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by asalimpo(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2016
hate the sin not the sinner. Jesus' died for us WHILE we were yet SINNERS.
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples by turboG: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2016
asalimpo:
hate the sin not the sinner. Jesus' died for us WHILE we were yet SINNERS.

You have well spoken. God is NOT interested in the death of a Sinner but rather they repent from their SIN and LIVE

(1) (Reply)

RELIGION 101: Come In Here; Lets Reason Together (sticky) / To The Theist, Why Should I Belief In God? / Nigerian Pastors And Their Brainwashed Gullible Followers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.