Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money (2118 Views)

Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church? / "You Must Collect Your PVC" - Pastor Adeboye Charges RCCG Members / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2016
Christians beware of this strategy used by churches to collect your hard earned money. If they worship the creator of the universe, how hard is it for their god to provide them with money? undecided

N100 and N1000 were best friends. One day they had an accident and both died. On reaching paradise entrance, God allowed N100 to enter freely. So N1000 asked. My Lord, am I not 10 times more valuable than him?How can he enter while I'm outside? GOD answered. N100 & his siblings N50, N20, N10 always come to Church but you are always present in bars, night clubs, parties, restaurants & hotels, so disappear, I don't want to see you.Pls let's help N1000 to enter Heaven....take him to Church. Sir/ Ma N1000 is not too much for God. Abeg make we try dey put am for offering box. haba!

Do not be a mugu. You pay N1000 for tithe and there are 100 people in your branch. That is N100,000 every Sunday.

Now, imagine your church has 1,000 branches across the nation(make e no go be like say I dey exaggerate). That is N100,000,000 in total EVERY SUNDAY! It is a business people!

Church goers do not be deceived. Jesus rode on a donkey but your pastor drives a range rover and has a private jet. Your church has a private university but 90% of you cannot afford to send your kids there. Your pastor preaches to you to pray against sicknesses so you will be healed by faith but travels in his private jet abroad for medical check up. Your pastor claims he is ordained by god but prays and blesses corrupt politicians on his pulpit.

If Jesus comes back today, will they give him a share of the offering? undecided

Use your brain. It is not there for decoration angry

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2016
The business of religion is to exploit the gullible poor by creating an imaginary product(miraculous healing, heaven, eternal life) while they threaten you with an imaginary side effect of not using the product (hell, god's wrath, eternal damnation) and charge you for their service using tithe and offering.

Christianity is a scam and you are the mugu grin tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:
Christians beware of this strategy used by churches to collect your hard earned money. If they worship the creator of the universe, how hard is it for their god to provide them with money? undecided

Do not be a mugu. You pay N1000 for tithe and there are 100 people in your branch. That is N100,000 every Sunday.

Now, imagine your church has 1,000 branches across the nation(make e no go be like say I dey exaggerate). That is N100,000,000 in total EVERY SUNDAY! It is a business people!

Church goers do not be deceived. Jesus rode on a donkey but your pastor drives a range rover and has a private jet. Your church has a private university but 90% of you cannot afford to send your kids there. Your pastor preaches to you to pray against sicknesses so you will be healed by faith but travels in his private jet abroad for medical check up. Your pastor claims he is ordained by god but prays and blesses corrupt politicians on his pulpit.

If Jesus comes back today, will they give him a share of the offering? undecided

Use your brain. It is not there for decoration angry

You are an Atheist keep quiet. A carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You are an Atheist keep quiet. A carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit.

You are a Christian. Shut up.

Since when did money become spiritual ? Since when did money become legal tender in heaven? Wise mugu like you undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by thesicilian: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2016
Being a Christian is a lifestyle. And it is personal. Christianity is not a religion
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

You are a Christian. Shut up.

Since when did money become spiritual ? Since when did money become legal tender in heaven? Wise mugu like you undecided

Have you been in a Church where you were flogged and chased away b'cos you didn't come with money. You say you don't believe in God or religion and every time you keep on writing things against God and religion, why can't you face whatsoever you believe. This is the question I asked b4 I left Atheism 'If truly God does not exist why are you writing and speaking against what does not exist'. Don't forget that my parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs.

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Have you been in a Church where you were flogged and chased away b'cos you didn't come with money.

No, I was not flogged but I have been in a church where the pastor demands for tithes and offering from N1k and above and also tells his members not to bring small denomination because "our god is not a small god" undecided

Some churches have even turned tithe and offering into auction. "If you have N500,000 stand up". "If you have N200,000 stand up" etc. Na scam be that na

You say you don't believe in God or religion and every time you keep on writing things against God and religion, why can't you face whatsoever you believe.

I believe in reason and logic and I am peeved by people who choose not to use their brains. If someone can knock on my door to preach a lie to me then I have every right to speak against such childish nonsense. Even children do not believe in such nonsense, then why should adults? undecided

This is the question I asked b4 I left Atheism 'If truly God does not exist why are you writing and speaking against what does not exist'. Don't forget that my parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs.

Lol. So what? undecided

Does that make your new god real? angry

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2016
thesicilian:
Being a Christian is a lifestyle. And it is personal. Christianity is not a religion

So says other theists undecided

Islam is a lifestyle not a religion too.

So? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2016
thesicilian:

If Christianity is not a religion then why do you promote your gospel in the religion section? undecided

That brain is not for decoration sir. Use it. Often undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by thesicilian: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

So says other theists undecided

Islam is a lifestyle not a religion too.

So? undecided
Yes. That is why it is very personal. Everyone has the right to believe in what he chooses to. I as a Christian cannot fault most of the accusations being leveled against the church today, because I know that as there are fake doctors, policemen, lawyers, so are there also fakes in the house of God. Even among 12 people carefully handpicked by God himself, there was a fake. How much more a larger population of over 6billion?
But one thing I can assure you is that when you come in contact with a Christian worthy of the name, you will know. He will not have to quote a million statements to convince you, you'll just know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sonofluc1fer: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
thesicilian:

Yes. That is why it is very personal.
Your toothbrush is personal. So are your genitals.

Christianity is not personal. It is a cult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by Ranchhoddas: 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Have you been in a Church where you were flogged and chased away b'cos you didn't come with money. You say you don't believe in God or religion and every time you keep on writing things against God and religion, why can't you face whatsoever you believe. This is the question I asked b4 I left Atheism 'If truly God does not exist why are you writing and speaking against what does not exist'. Don't forget that my parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs.
The flogging isn't physical, it's psychological.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by joseph1832(m): 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hahn! The only thing I want to say is...

[size=45pt]BANKAI!!![/size]

LMFAO!!!. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by joseph1832(m): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Your toothbrush is personal. So are your genitals.

Christianity is not personal. It is a cult.
A person's genitals aren't personal anymore the moment they get married.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by adjoviomole(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Only those who don't read der bible fall for all dis churches. Offerings are free will gift n u are not mandated to pay it if its nt ur will.

@ OP u as an atheist, who helped in abolishing slave trade? Christianity did, who helped to stop the killings of twins in africa? Christianity did.

Those who came to africa to colonise us did they come as christians? No dey did not, they came as individuals with ulterior motives.

So what about this atheist who have killed millions of ppl? Stalin, sion, hitler? To whom did they do it?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The flogging isn't physical, it's psychological.

May be the Pastor have observed that what you needed is psychiatric treatment.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by Ranchhoddas: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

I like to be respectful, so I'd let your comment pass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I like to be respectful, so I'd let your comment pass.

Good to hear.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
thesicilian:

Yes. That is why it is very personal. Everyone has the right to believe in what he chooses to. I as a Christian cannot fault most of the accusations being leveled against the church today, because I know that as there are fake doctors, policemen, lawyers, so are there also fakes in the house of God. Even among 12 people carefully handpicked by God himself, there was a fake. How much more a larger population of over 6billion?
But one thing I can assure you is that when you come in contact with a Christian worthy of the name, you will know. He will not have to quote a million statements to convince you, you'll just know

But one thing I can assure you is that when you come in contact with a Muslim worthy of the name, you will know. He will not have to quote a million statements to convince you, you'll just know

The only way I can believe in Jesus is if someone can show proof aside from the bible that he actually existed. Until then he will be relegated to the league of the three little pigs, humpty dumpty, snow white, Cinderella etc smiley
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Coming from an adult who has an imaginary friend

1 Like

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

That's the best answer for that moniker, it may be you that used that moniker but the truth remains that that moniker deserves the answer it gets.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by sekundosekundo: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

Whatsoever that means,

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

That's the best answer for that moniker, it may be you that used that moniker but the truth remains that that moniker deserves the answer it gets.

Seriously? undecided
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by Ranchhoddas: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
adjoviomole:
Only those who don't read der bible fall for all dis churches. Offerings are free will gift n u are not mandated to pay it if its nt ur will.

Really? What about the pastors threatening pastors with hell fire and financial problems for not paying tithes? What about those that ask you not to rob god? undecided

@ OP u as an atheist, who helped in abolishing slave trade? Christianity did, who helped to stop the killings of twins in africa? Christianity did.

Those who came to africa to colonise us did they come as christians? No dey did not, they came as individuals with ulterior motives.

Lol. Yes they came as Christians.

The first slave ship to land on African soil was called "the good ship Jesus".

Christians helped abolish slavery in the US but they also met fierce opposition from other Christians because it was bad for "business". ALL the slave traders and slave masters in the US were Christians. The song "Amazing grace" was composed by a slave trader who had slaves at the bottom of the ship. You should read more on slavery and Christianity.

Christians in medieval Europe killed thousands of "witches" and also lots of scientists. Have you heard of the Spanish inquisition and the crusades? Read more sir.. What about the Christians in Nigeria who label children witches and beat, torture and kill them while your god watches?

So what about this atheist who have killed millions of ppl? Stalin, sion, hitler? To whom did they do it?

They did it in the name of communism. Hitler was a Christian. Atheists simply do not believe in god. Atheists do not have any book that controls the way they think. What was god doing when the people you mentioned were busy killing people?

Besides, the god you serve killed more people via Noah's flood and thousands of women and children in sodom and gomorrah and in the old testament.

Good thing it is not even real undecided

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by adjoviomole(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

Really? What about the pastors threatening pastors with hell fire and financial problems for not paying tithes? What about those that ask you not to rob god? undecided

Lol. Yes they came as Christians.

The first slave ship to land on African soil was called "the good ship Jesus".

Christians helped abolish slavery in the US but they also met fierce opposition from other Christians because it was bad for "business". ALL the slave traders and slave masters in the US were Christians. The song "Amazing grace" was composed by a slave trader who had slaves at the bottom of the ship. You should read more on slavery and Christianity.

Christians in medieval Europe killed thousands of "witches" and also lots of scientists. Have you heard of the Spanish inquisition and the crusades? Read more sir.. What about the Christians in Nigeria who label children witches and beat, torture and kill them while your god watches?

They did it in the name of communism. Hitler was a Christian. Atheists simply do not believe in god. Atheists do not have any book that controls the way they think. What was god doing when the people you mentioned were busy killing people?

Besides, the god you serve killed more people via Noah's flood and thousands of women and children in sodom and gomorrah and in the old testament.

Good thing it is not even real undecided

undecided

Hitler was born into a christian home but like u, he stopped attending church and later said their was no God. He persecuted christians. U can read about his religious views on wikipedia.

The God I served killed those ppl because the ppl they have killed is countless. And they are not ready to repent.

What about when the atomic bomb big ben was dropped in china, how many ppl died? Was it God that killed them?

How many ppl did stalin, seon and hitler kill in the name of realism? Make proper findings and come back to debate.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by hahn(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
adjoviomole:

Hitler was born into a christian home but like u, he stopped attending church and later said their was no God. He persecuted christians. U can read about his religious views on wikipedia.

Regardless, whatever he did was out of his own selfish interest at the end of the day. We cannot blame god/devil for the mistakes of man.

The God I served killed those ppl because the ppl they have killed is countless. And they are not ready to repent.

Lol. Your god is supposed to know everything before it happens. Why did he even create them in the first place when he knew they will eventually kill other people? Since everything is in god's plan then those people killing other people was god's plan as well undecided

What about when the atomic bomb big ben was dropped in china, how many ppl died? Was it God that killed them?

What did god do to save them? undecided

How many ppl did stalin, seon and hitler kill in the name of realism? Make proper findings and come back to debate.

Those people were psychopaths. The people who killed in the name of your god are also psycopaths
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by adjoviomole(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

Regardless, whatever he did was out of his own selfish interest at the end of the day. We cannot blame god/devil for the mistakes of man.

Lol. Your god is supposed to know everything before it happens. Why did he even create them in the first place when he knew they will eventually kill other people? Since everything is in god's plan then those people killing other people was god's plan as well undecided

Those people were psychopaths. The people who killed in the name of your god are also psycopaths

Nobody ever killed in the name of God/Jesus.

Yes God created them and he did not take one thing away from man, choice" we make our own choices, we can surrender n let God lead and then we can go on leading ourself without Gods help wich always results in negativity.

Its not like God cannot save them. Jesus already told us, that we will be persecuted, and its not everyone of us that will come out of persecution. That's y he said we should not fear those who only have the power to kill dis body,but we should rather fear Him who have the power to kill both the body and the soul.grin
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by adjoviomole(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

Nobody ever killed in the name of God/Jesus.

Yes God created them and he did not take one thing away from man, choice" we make our own choices, we can surrender n let God lead and then we can go on leading ourself without Gods help wich always results in negativity.

Its not like God cannot save them. Jesus already told us, that we will be persecuted, and its not everyone of us that will come out of persecution. That's y he said we should not fear those who only have the power to kill dis body,but we should rather fear Him who have the power to kill both the body and the soul.grin

And hitler did not bliv in God and we call those who don't bliv in God an atheist, so hitler,stalin,seon were atheist. grin
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by saintvc(m): 7:59am On Oct 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

explain to him since you understand
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by oaroloye(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
SHALOM!

You think that people who pay Tithes in Churches will listen to you?

Why should they?

You don't want to pay Tithes, THEN DON'T!

Who are you to tell people what to do with their hard-earned money?

You insult wage-earners by telling them they are fools for paying Tithes and Offerings.

(I insult wage-earners, by telling them what to do with their hard-earned money, too- but I know EXACTLY what I am talking about!)

Giving money is one of the Prerequisites to TELEKINESIS.

What a cynical fool to believe that God needs COWS, SHEEP, GOATS, or CASH.

Anything we possess requires the dedication of a percentage of our available Spiritual Power, so that all of it is taken.

Therefore, whenever we have just given things away- OR SUFFERED LOSS- that Energy is freed-up, and can be used for Spiritual Exploits.
Re: Do Not Fall For This New Strategy Used By Churches To Collect Your Money by oaroloye(m): 7:34am On Feb 22, 2017
SHALOM!

hahn:
Christians beware of this strategy used by churches to collect your hard earned money. If they worship the creator of the universe, how hard is it for their god to provide them with money? undecided smiley

THE PURPOSE OF THE TITHE IS PRIMARILY TO BENEFIT THE GIVERS, NOT THE RECEIVERS.

I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO EXPLAIN THE SECRETS OF TITHING- BUT FOUND THAT NO ONE WANTED TO KNOW HOW NOT TO WASTE THEIR TITHE.

You have never seen nor heard of anyone, this side of KING SOLOMON, who has reaped an "UNCONTAINABLE BLESSING" from Tithing. I tried to shew Christians how to do that- but they didn't want to know.

YOU SUFFER FROM THE MENTAL CANCER CALLED "ENVY."

You HATE these people, because they are prospering.

Not only do you not want to give them any money- which us your right- but you want to dissuade others from doing so, which is foolish.

TITHERS PAY MONEY FOR SERVICES RENDERED,

It is a FOOLISH Christian who pays his Tithes to a Church that does not FEED him with MEAT.

In MY OPINION, that is what they ALL do- but THAT IS THEIR PREROGATIVE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly For Davidylan, Todak, Noetic And No2atheism On Easter Celebration / Bomb Shell: How Paul Distorted Christianity (pt 1) / Nigerian Pastor Spread Woman Legs, Removes Her Underwear During Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.