Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos (6843 Views)

"Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos) / Hausa-Fulani And Igbos Clash In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChristStriker:

The bold part is very correct.

An example on nairaland is omenka aka Iroh88. No matter the carnage and havoc wrecked on his people in the MB by the rampaging fulanis, he remains loyal to them.

Cos the guy support the President now translates to being loyal to the Fulani? Fear God bro.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ChristStriker(m): 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2016
2sexycom:
[size=28pt]AND THE BLAME GAME CONTINUES... OH, I WEEP cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

Bros, I tire. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ChristStriker(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

Cos the guy support the President now translates to being loyal to the Fulani? Fear God bro.

But he has never spoken against the wickedness of the fulani herdsmen who recently killed about 300 of his kinsmen.

He always chooses to remain silent, why

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by IGBOPRINCE: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
realjoker:
bro i just go through ur epistle i neva knew i was arguing with a duncè. Dont let me bring the bad about ur failed region to the general public to judge weather ur region is a failed region or not. And i repeat again ur region is a failed region and parasite. If when someone try as much as posible to avoid ur silly E-war and d1ck measurement contest u wil try as much as posible to tempt sum1 to say the bitter truth about ur failed region. And on ur pipe dream secession agenda, we wil start taking u serious the moment u chose to limit ur phantom countary to ur landlocked 5 eastern states and ur iboid cousins because as it stand now we believe that ur call for secession is as the result of ur greed to steal the most naturaly endowed region in africa away from other nigerians and to also have direct access to the sea and also try to include the igalas and idomas because of cheap food product we knw u guys are too lazy and over ambitious to start tiding the land and u also have limited fertile land. The moment u limit ur pipe dream coutry to ur 5 eastern state and ur iboid cousins, that is the moment we wil start taking u serious.
Just thank god i am not one of u (E-WARRIORS)
stop ranting. Over ranting cause bad temper or high BP. Pls go to the hausa thread, they will tell you that the igbo people re not lazy as you mentioned above. We re highly industrious. Take it or leave it. Bye
I will not quote again except you chilled your nerves. grin

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
StOla:

Neutrality while the Western and MidWestern regions are used as a theatre of the war with the Igbos and Hausas having a go at each other while their respective regions read about their own war on the pages of the newspapers?
The dead inhabitants of those regions who courted no war would have been the collateral damage of neutrality?
Or the air raids by Biafra on Lagos before the FG even made any incursions into Biafra, did it kill only Hausa occupants and discerningly spared Yorubas and other Nigerian ethnicities?

To fight the war largely on Western territory was the only tactics Ojukwu had, hence the liberation army he dispatched towards the West as one of his first tactics. Once that was nipped in the bud, the greatest army of the black race was exposed as ill-prepared and ill-equipped to prosecute the war it so much courted.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by somegirl1: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
StOla:

Neutrality while the Western and MidWestern regions are used as a theatre of the war with the Igbos and Hausas having a go at each other while their respective regions read about their own war on the pages of the newspapers?
The dead inhabitants of those regions who courted no war would have been the collateral damage of neutrality?
Or the air raids by Biafra on Lagos before the FG even made any incursions into Biafra, did it kill only Hausa occupants and discerningly spared Yorubas and other Nigerian ethnicities?

To fight the war largely on Western territory was the only tactics Ojukwu had, hence the liberation army he dispatched towards the West as one of his first tactics. Once that was nipped in the bud, the greatest army of the black race was exposed as ill-prepared and ill-equipped to prosecute the war it so much courted.

Like I asked someone in a previous post. Did these happen before or after the SW made their stance clear?

2 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by IGBOPRINCE: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

Cos ojuku died dejected, blind, senile, deaf, crippled and sad does not mean others do same. Awolowo died in his sleep as a fulfilled man of 78 years old. You are not even sure of reaching 30 years cos you sound like a primary school boy.
hehehehe. I like it when you re in pained grin ojukwu lives a fulfilled life. He married one the most beautiful woman on earth. Hehehehe(lady bianca).

But pa awolowo, hehehehe, bros e go pain you if I yan you further ,grin grin grin

One nigeria grin
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
somegirl1:

I'm a lady, the clue is in my user name smiley.
Ojukwu and Gowon were but young men, they turned the war into a battle of egos. Still being neutral and doing nothing doesn't really require as much effort as taking sides and taking up arms, I'd have thought.

Even in recent times, the Hausas are less vocal than Yorubas are about their role in the war.
I'm just stating one of the major reasons there is bad blood between bith groups.

Sorry about the bros, never knew you are a lady. I think St Ola have answered you well, the war is between Nigeria and secessionist, the likes of Benjamin Adekunle, Obasanjo, Alani Isiama and co are NA and not Yoruba army. If Azikwe can support Nigeria while Banjo fought on the side of the bia. then you should know better. We should even be mad at the Ibos for killing Banjo after leading there only offensive in that war but we aint screaming betrayal nor making noise. Do you think his kids will ever forgive you guys for killing there father after fighting on your side? Funny.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by realjoker(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
my friend we need to shout marginalisation cos of the lacks/absence of equality,fairness and just. We know our right in this cesspit called nigeria and if the government refused to do the right thing,hence our clamouring calls of a new nation.

You don't expects us to fold our hands and watch your people milk this country dry. Mbanu, it must not happen.

We re not saying we re the saint one here but compete with us rather than hating and envying us. cheesy
why u never shout for equality when the SW and kwara were denied there constitution right to have at least one minister from each state in GEJ government?
Why U never shout for equality when Ken nnamani was ibolizing basically half of the heads of MDAs?
Why u neva shout equality when lagos and ogun get peanut frm fed alocation while they generated over 50% of non oil revenue and over 75 VAT?
This ur cry of marginalization is weird to the enlighten nigerians that refused to be victim of ur emotional blackmail.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
hehehehe. I like it when you re in pained grin ojukwu lives a fulfilled life. He married one the most beautiful woman on earth. Hehehehe(lady bianca).

But pa awolowo, hehehehe, bros e go pain you if I yan you further ,grin grin grin

One nigeria grin

In pain for saying the truth about ojukwu? You are the one in pain and it shows you are frustrated but faking it with smileys. Awolowos legacy is still there till today, can you tell us ojukus legacy other than running to abidjan. He married a lady he witnessed her naming ceremony, he was a coward cum pedophille. Bianca's dad once described the ediot as a cantankerous coward. I respect Joe Achuzie than the run away coward called ojuku, he was a disgrace. The truth is bitter, you can hang yourself if you dont like the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChristStriker:

But he has never spoken against the wickedness of the fulani herdsmen who recently killed about 300 of his kinsmen.

He always chooses to remain silent, why

I dont know about the speaking against the ediotic herdsmen but you guys attack and taunt him cos he support the President which is very bad.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by somegirl1: 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

Sorry about the bros, never knew you are a lady. I think St Ola have answered you well, the war is between Nigeria and secessionist, the likes of Benjamin Adekunle, Obasanjo, Alani Isiama and co are NA and not Yoruba army. If Azikwe can support Nigeria while Banjo fought on the side of the bia. then you should know better. We should even be mad at the Ibos for killing Banjo after leading there only offensive in that war but we aint screaming betrayal nor making noise. Do you think his kids will ever forgive you guys for killing there father after fighting on your side? Funny.

Secessionists, you say?
Are you saying that your group would never seek to secede?
The sentiments of Banjo's children would be valid and I empathize with them. Unlike some people, I don't regard non members of my group as mere casualties of war.
Ojukwu not Igbos killed him however. He also killed Igbos suspected of treachery, I wonder whom the children of Ifeajuna would direct their anger at...Igbos?
Anyways, I do not blame Yorubas because they looked out for their own interest however I think they should now be neutral.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by StOla: 1:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
somegirl1:

Like I asked someone in a previous post. Did these happen before or after the SW made their stance clear?

After Awolowo was released from prison, he had stated clearly that if the East was allowed to secede the West would naturally follow to opt out of the union.

This is as clear as water that the West only wanted a diplomatic dissolution of the federation, not warfare to disintegrate the country.

Ojukwu was advised to the last minute by Awolowo that he would have no support from the Western region if he proceeded with his war posturing. Meanwhile Awolowo continued as a civilian to clamour for the relocation of the majority Northern soldiers from Lagos and the West back to their Northern origin.

The Northern led government continued to foot drag on this request, knowing what the implications are - the natural dissolution of Nigeria.

Ojukwu being an impatient fighter and not a thinker, decided he would go ahead with his secession, while the FG too preempted him by restructuring the political grouping of the country.

Ojukwu then sent a liberation army to occupy the MidWest that had already stated clearly that it would remain neutral in the whole matter of police action by the FG and forceful separation by the East.

That Ojukwu's liberation army could so easily overrun the MidWest where there was barely any federal defence, already suggests that one side respected the neutrality of the MidWest while the other side saw it as a good platform to fight it's war.

From the MidWest that the FG still let to be occupied by the Biafran liberation army, that same army set for Lagos and the West to confront Northern soldiers who were still firmly rooted there.

That was when Awolowo had to take a decision. A decision that ensured his region will not be the casualty and victim of a war it had no interest or preparation for.

4 Likes

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
somegirl1:

Secessionists, you say?
Are you saying that your group would never seek to secede?
The sentiments of Banjo's children would be valid and I empathize with them. Unlike some people, I don't regard non members of my group as mere casualties of war.
Ojukwu not Igbos killed him however. He also killed Igbos suspected of treachery, I wonder whom the children of Ifeajuna would direct their anger at...Igbos?
Anyways, I do not blame Yorubas because they looked out for their own interest however I think they should now be neutral.

We can seek to secede but not through war. There are many ways to do this without going through the war route, same thing some peeps are telling the ipod group but they wont listen. They should now be neutral how? I dont understand that part.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by IGBOPRINCE: 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
realjoker:
why u never shout for equality when the SW and kwara were denied there constitution right to have at least one minister from each state in GEJ government?
Why U never shout for equality when Ken nnamani was igbolizing basically half of the heads of MDAs?
Why u neva shout equality when lagos and ogun get peanut from fed allocation while they generated over 50% of non oil revenue and over 75 VAT?
This ur cry of marginalisation is weird to the enlighten nigerians that refused to be victim of ur emotional blackmail.
I hated GEJ government, what concerns an igbotic man like me and GEJ government. He represented the SS and he did a lot in the north and west in terms of government projects so that he can please emotional and tribalistic people like you.

What you listed above is why nigerian is not moving forward.
When obj was there for 8 good years, what did he do for nigeria? Nothing. But you didn't blamed him for not doing anything in SW? Or he did and you still wants more. And again Your people were happy they have produced a president from their region again. cheesy

Gej given the igbos appointment is not what we the ndigbos wants, we want our own facilities, our own projects, we wants government presence in the east.

If coal in enugu state is still an abandoned projects till date then this country lacks visions and focus.
We need an igbo president to fix alll the unfixable. Hehehehe.
Anu ma bia grin
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by somegirl1: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
StOla:

After Awolowo was released from prison, he had stated clearly that if the East was allowed to secede the West would naturally follow to opt out of the union.

This is as clear as water that the West only wanted a diplomatic dissolution of the federation, not warfare to disintegrate the country.

Ojukwu was advised to the last minute by Awolowo that he would have no support from the Western region if he proceeded with his war posturing. Meanwhile Awolowo continued as a civilian to clamour for the relocation of the majority Northern soldiers from Lagos and the West back to their Northern origin.

The Northern led government continued to foot drag on this request, knowing what the implications are - the natural dissolution of Nigeria.

Ojukwu being an impatient fighter and not a thinker, decided he would go ahead with his secession, while the FG too preempted him by restructuring the political grouping of the country.

Ojukwu then sent a liberation army to occupy the MidWest that had already stated clearly that it would remain neutral in the whole matter of police action by the FG and forceful separation by the East.

That Ojukwu's liberation army could so easily overrun the MidWest where there was barely any federal defence, already suggests that one side respected the neutrality of the MidWest while the other side saw it as a good platform to fight it's war.

From the MidWest that the FG still let to be occupied by the Biafran liberation army, that same army set for Lagos and the West to confront Northern soldiers who were still firmly rooted there.

That was when Awolowo had to take a decision. A decision that ensured his region will not be the casualty and victim of a war it had no interest or preparation for.

So the targets were the northern soldiers based in the SW not the Yorubas but the SW was "coerced" into making the decision to take sides....fair enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by somegirl1: 1:49pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

We can seek to secede but not through war. There are many ways to do this without going through the war route, same thing some peeps are telling the ipod group but they wont listen. They should now be neutral how? I dont understand that part.

If IPOB has started or declared a war, I'm not aware.
I was under the impression that they organized relatively peaceful protests.
Even though Nigeria is not splitting in the near future, that people think it's ok to threaten secessionists with war in the 21st century is disturbing.
Neutral...by not openly taking sides.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by SirShymexx: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2016
somegirl1:

So the targets were the northern soldiers based in the SW not the Yorubas but the SW was "coerced" into making the decision to take sides....fair enough

And you believe it was a smart idea to take the war to a region that's neutral, thus turning it to a battleground, when Biafrans could've easily headed up North to target millions of Northerners, no?

Smart arse, would you let anyone attack his/her perceived enemy in ya house, when you're neutral to both parties?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by cckris: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

And you believe it was a smart idea to take the war to a region that's neutral, thus turning it to a battleground, when Biafrans could've easily headed up North to target millions of Northerners, no?

Smart arse, would you let anyone attacked his/her perceived enemy in ya house, when you're neutral to both parties?
The battlefield is now at Ketu. Stop picking pockets at Peckham, come & defend the land of your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by SirShymexx: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2016
cckris:

The battlefield is now at Ketu. Stop picking pockets at Peckham, come & defend the land of your ancestors.

[img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/4/44/Dumb.gif/revision/latest?cb=20121120214035[/img]

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
somegirl1:

If IPOB has started or declared a war, I'm not aware.
I was under the impression that they organized relatively peaceful protests.
Even though Nigeria is not splitting in the near future, that people think it's ok to threaten secessionists with war in the 21st century is disturbing.
Neutral...by not openly taking sides.

Nnamdi Kanu have always been threatening war and said they must fight war to achieve what they want, he even asked some Ibos here to donate money for him to buy guns and bullets.

Nigeria is a country and I dont understand your meaning of taking sides.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2016
cckris:

Go defend Enugu and Ebonyi from the Fulanis first before crying on nairaland. Una no even get shame.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
Point of correction.

We igbos only responds to the tribalism of the yorubas against us.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by SirShymexx: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

[b]Go defend Enugu and Ebonyi from the Fulanis [/b]first before crying on nairaland. Una no even get shame.

Lol.

How can they even defend Igboland when gully erosion has swallowed half of the place and Fulanis are about to take the other half? They can't fight nature and they don't have the balls to fight Fulanis. So their holy-grail is to move en-masse to Yorubaland to snarl-up the place. grin
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ChristStriker(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

I dont know about the speaking against the ediotic herdsmen but you guys attack and taunt him cos he support the President which is very bad.

This is not about Buhari, I am surprised that he has never deemed it fit to condemn the nefarious activities of the demonic herdsmen on nl. Why?
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by ChristStriker(m): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

Smart arse, would you let anyone attack his/her perceived enemy in ya house, when you're neutral to both parties?

But the enemy was planning executing the war from lagos which was the nations' capital then.

You and I know that in war you do all you can to take the capital city of the enemy.
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Demslayers: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

How can they even defend Igboland when gully erosion has swallowed half of the place and Fulanis are about to take the other half? They can't fight nature and they don't have the balls to fight Fulanis. So their holy-grail is move en-masse to Yorubaland to snarl-up the place. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy @ Erosion. They are only good at making noise or issuing rubbish ultimatum. Fulani killed 19 in Enugu but they are here on nairaland chest beating, some were protesting in Imo cos of incessant rape and beheading of farmers while those in Ebonyi are crying to the government for help. Smh
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by SirShymexx: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChristStriker:

But the enemy was planning executing the war from lagos which was the nations' capital then.

You and I know that in war you do all you can to take the capital city of the enemy.

Regardless of the intentions of the enemy, you always have to respect the neutral side. The fact that Biafrans refused to respect that rule is enough premise for Yorubas to join the war. You can't leave ya region and turn the next man's turf into a battleground.

Moreover, Northern soldiers in the SW were already moving to the North. Why not just go up North?

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by SirShymexx: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
Demslayers:

cheesy cheesy cheesy @ Erosion. They are only good at making noise or issuing rubbish ultimatum. Fulani killed 19 in Enugu but they are here on nairaland chest beating, some were protesting in Imo cos of incessant rape and beheading of farmers while those in Ebonyi are crying to the government for help. Smh

Looool.

Effing unforced pikeys. grin Gotta fear gully erosion and the invincibity of Fulani marauders. Apart from ultimatum and useless sense of entitlement, they're as vacuous as a freaking bell. Noise makers. grin

Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by T9ksy(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2016
ChristStriker:

And Lagos is the "capital city" of the enemy/ northerners?

You guys are truly smart..........................by halves.

How many yorubas will be killed in the process of taking the your alleged capital city of your enemy?

And if push comes to shove, your so-called enemy can just jump on a plane and abandon their "capital city" and heed back to their actual

homeland which would have remained untouched. In the interim, Lagos would have been destroyed with yorubas forming the bulk of the

collateral damage (of your war with your enemy- the northerners).
Re: The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos by Babacele: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2016
Many of you here are soooooo uneducated going about with false claims and hate filled hearts. I don't know about ya but me ,ma friends n family are Nigerians irrespective of tongues n locations. one love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apc Ogun: Is This Woman Avoiding Tinubu's Mouth Odour? (pics) / Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 / When Lagos Big Boy, Folly Coker Was Heavily Disgraced |myemag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.