Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,081 members, 7,838,728 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa (1324 Views)

EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Nasir Yunusa And Nganjiwa Report To EFCC (photos) / NBA, Others Condemn Ricky Tarfa’s Arrest By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by abeyraj: 8:17am On Mar 08, 2016
Embattled Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Ricky Tarfa, on Monday, explained the circumstances leading to him sending money into the bank account of Justice Hyeladzira Nganjiwa of the Federal High Court.
He denied any underhand dealings with the judge.
In a statement emanating from his chambers, Tarfa disclosed that the judge used to be a lawyer in his chambers and had to benefits from accruals on the briefs he facilitated for the chambers when he was his associate.
He noted that the chambers deemed it fit not to cheat Nganjiwa out of his sweat, despite becoming a judge, hence the decision to make his cut of the proceeds of the briefs he brought available to him.
He decried the alleged media trial embarked upon by the prosecuting Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Tarfa said this style of investigation and prosecution was evident in the fact that despite the commission’s fresh charge against him being everywhere in the mass media, a copy was yet to be served on him.
In the statement by signed by the head of chambers, Ricky Tarfa and Co., Mr John Olusegun Odubela, reacting to the fresh 27-count charge, it was noted that “the Chambers” have course to once more react to the malicious trial by media of Rickey Tarfa by the EFCC.
“Trial are never won on the pages of newspapers, the airwaves and on online platforms,” it said.
Odubela added that the recent 27-count charge allegedly filed against Tarfa by EFCC was laughable, because as of the time of issuing the press statement, he was yet to be served with the charge.
On the allegation of falsification of age, he noted that “celebrations of milestone of birthday of Mr Rickey Tarfa have always been in the public domain.”
The statement further stated that as law abiding organisation, it would never be involved in any act in contravention of the law of the country.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/32808
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by alexory23(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2016
Hmmmm..... ok oo
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by babyfaceafrica: 8:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Issokay
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by rusher14: 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
This Tarfa would definitely be struck off by the NBA.

Obviously, he's not really a seasoned lawyer but one who procures judgement hence his inability to defend himself when he needs it the most.

8 Likes

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by Igbospower(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2016
abeyraj:
Embattled Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Ricky Tarfa, on Monday, explained the circumstances leading to him sending money into the bank account of Justice Hyeladzira Nganjiwa of the Federal High Court.
He denied any underhand dealings with the judge.
In a statement emanating from his chambers, Tarfa disclosed that the judge used to be a lawyer in his chambers and had to benefits from accruals on the briefs he facilitated for the chambers when he was his associate.
He noted that the chambers deemed it fit not to cheat Nganjiwa out of his sweat, despite becoming a judge, hence the decision to make his cut of the proceeds of the briefs he brought available to him.
He decried the alleged media trial embarked upon by the prosecuting Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Tarfa said this style of investigation and prosecution was evident in the fact that despite the commission’s fresh charge against him being everywhere in the mass media, a copy was yet to be served on him.
In the statement by signed by the head of chambers, Ricky Tarfa and Co., Mr John Olusegun Odubela, reacting to the fresh 27-count charge, it was noted that “the Chambers” have course to once more react to the malicious trial by media of Rickey Tarfa by the EFCC.
“Trial are never won on the pages of newspapers, the airwaves and on online platforms,” it said.
Odubela added that the recent 27-count charge allegedly filed against Tarfa by EFCC was laughable, because as of the time of issuing the press statement, he was yet to be served with the charge.
On the allegation of falsification of age, he noted that “celebrations of milestone of birthday of Mr Rickey Tarfa have always been in the public domain.”
The statement further stated that as law abiding organisation, it would never be involved in any act in contravention of the law of the country.

www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/32808
who we go ask... with all dis funny security operatives dat we hv now.
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by ademega(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2016
this man should be jailed

2 Likes

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by Adagba01: 8:40am On Mar 08, 2016
If Justice Ngajiwa was employed by Riky Tarfa and Tarfa paid him his salary during the duration of his employment, what else did Tarfa owed him thereafter.
Riky Tarfa should tell us more if Ngajiwa is a co-owner of his chamber for him (Ngajiwa) to partake in the profits sharing. EFCC should spare no rod to make sure this notorious SAN and his cohorts on the bench punished for bringing our Judiciary into disrepute.
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by omenka(m): 11:25am On Mar 08, 2016
This Tarfa guy is a hardened criminal. angry

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by nickxtra(m): 11:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Pls, dig up for a better defence
Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by OlujobaSamuel: 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
is the judge a partner or an employee of the the chamber? if an employee, was he not paid salary, why the afterthought payment? what lead to the transfer of fund from the judge account to yinusa's account?
this is one of the reasons I hate lying, you might end up needing millions of lies just to cover up one irrelevant lie.
from just 225k for burial, we done get different episodes that runs into millions. Anyway, na una calling be that, continue the lies, the court will determine your fate.

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by 9jatriot(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2016
I ask again, is this man a SAN?

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by modath(f): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2016
Rickey Tarfa is a great lawyer...

He will defend his position to the point of death, no matter how crazy & ridiculous it is. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by josite: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2016
modath:

Rickey Tarfa is a great lawyer...

He will defend his position to the point of death, no matter how crazy & ridiculous it is. cheesy

cant u see the obvious in your own statement,your own brand of greatness is linked with the ridiculous and the plain and obvious indefensibles.being a smart lawyer is recognizing a superior argument and realizing there are beta alternatives than sheer forging ahead into calamity.check through similar scenarios and see where lawyers admit they are wrong and went in for far lesser offence and punishment.putting an evidence before court on a=oath and turning around to depose to contradicting facts is a sure sign of greatness abi?.even the bible says discretion is the better part of valor and the yorubas says the warriors that knows how to advvance but doest know how to embark on strategic retreats fights themselves into destruction.Before further damning revelations nailing the coffin comes out say,like clinton "im sorry,i admit a level of inappropriate conduct"

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by modath(f): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
josite:

cant u see the obvious in your own statement,your own brand of greatness is linked with the ridiculous and the plain and obvious indefensibles.

You saw crazy & ridiculous used to qualify someone but the sarcasm still flew over your head! Bravo. sad

1 Like

Re: I Paid Justice Nganjiwa For Cases He Brought As My Lawyer —ricky Tarfa by josite: 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
modath:

You saw crazy & ridiculous used to qualify someone but the sarcasm still flew over your head! Bravo. sad

dont obfuscate the issue by making meaningless and unintelligible statements,many of us here are way out of your level.senorita.call a spade a spade not a spado.

(1) (Reply)

Bank Of Industry Just Commissioned Its First Clean Energy Project In anambra / Army Reclaims Gwashari Village,Kills 1 & Capture 3 Boko Haram Terrorists(pics) / Burial of HRH Mr Bala Madaki Killed Alongside His Nephew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.