Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,519 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc (78912 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 5th March 2016 / Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur Capital one cup final-( 2 - 0) On 1st march 2015 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2006
we are not you . . .
they gave you  2  . . .

They gave us two, they will give you three  grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2006
Hmmn, we know who u are, so keep playing at it
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by mukina2: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2006
hmmm amodu in ur dreams guy tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2006
I was just joking grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by didoflex(m): 10:12am On Nov 28, 2006
Hi Guys!! Arsenal Vs Tottenham!!!!!

Battle of North London Foes!!

Guys wetin be your take?

Buzz me up you Gunner Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2006
It will be a very tough match no doubt but i cant predict the outcome
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 11:45am On Nov 28, 2006
well i can 3-1  grin
i wish i can send henry drogba's comment so he can fix up and look sharp!

V persie is hopefully coming back, Henry and Rosicky too

berbatov* is not the kind of striker that can easily go past kolo toure!

God help spurs if the dont play 4-5-1
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by didoflex(m): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2006
Lover u reckon its gonna go your way, Its going to be entertaining no doubt, In fact probably going to be the best and most free flowing match to be seen in the Premiership,

Both sides will definitely score,

My Prediction(s) Tottenham winning, 2-1 / 3-2/ 4-3 etc
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2006
Arsenal do not loose free flowing matches dont you notice?

the battle is in the midfield and Cesc is becoming a legend already! you will only succeed in the middle if spurs doubles up on him each time he is with the ball

Clichy's pace will match lennon
jenas will probably be busy with rosicky or hleb

and your keepers confidence is not exactly high
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2006
How can there be a truly free-flowing North London derby this season considering whats been happening to the 2 teams in question? We might see more of rugby u know?
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2006
Arsenal has never really play rugby kind of football, i think spurs are more likely to play is safe and lok for a draw and celebrate like thyeve won the league like chelski when they draw away from home they act like theyve won gold with a draw
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 1:58pm On Nov 28, 2006
Ol boy, truth be said we cant afford 2 be playing beautiful footie and our opposite numbers go hard on us and we get bullied, we need to play more physical footie, if dem play rugby make we sef do likewise
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2006
we cant afford tobut we cant play rugby football either its that simple- not that we dont want to do it but we cant everyone has their style and some people are flexible in that department

spurs are not that physical, they'll wooped like reading
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Jackal(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Kitaun,

Lets face it-----------------Arsenal can't play rugby.
The only killer/thick skin in the whole Arsenal squad is Gilberto Silva and maybe Gallas.
U guys have missed Patrick Vieira, Martin Keown, Lauren, Edu and even Sol Campbell.
These days what do we have? Cesc, Hleb, Van Persie, Rosicky, Adebayor and stuffs.

All these lads are like maggots compared to the Fayes, Nolans , N'gottys, Dioufs, Zokoras, Edgar Davids.
The only thing Wenger NEVER tells his players is getting the ball QUICKLY to the opponent's danger area.
Arsenal wastes so much time getting the ball forward.
They made em like this exactly in Pro Evolution 6 game on PS 2.
Choose Arsenal as your team on Pro 6 and u would be whooped 20-0 plus loads of casualty on your side.

Cesc touches 3 times and gives to Hleb who romances about 4 times before releasing Adebayor who spends eternity.
This kind of moves allows opponents to settle down and gives them so much time to man-mark the light-weight Arsenal players.
For instance, Look at Saha's goal against Chelsea.
Lampard was dispossessed by Carrick who found Giggs with one touch and Giggsy found Rooney with one touch and Rooney found Saha with a killer pass and Saha executed. The whole moved was less than 6 seconds.

If Arsenal had that kind of opportunity with Gilberto dispossessing Lampard. Berti will find Cesc who will run 2 miles, look left and release Hleb.
Hleb is direct and will run another 12 yards before finding Rosicky who will now find Henry.
Henry will stand akimbo, dress the ball, flick around and find Van Persie. Van Persie will either find the shot at goal or pass back in a full cycle.
Arsenal's move to execute might elapse for 60 seconds.
This is why Arsenal STRUGGLES to score against defensive teams and invite injuries and bullying from teams like Bolton and Blackburn.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 2:30pm On Nov 28, 2006
The pattern of play is different you cannot that of Manyoo with Arsenal, they feels that the best way to play.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2006
@Jackal, u dey craze, lol, its about developing the physical side of these players! FFS why was dt lightweight Flamini fielded against Bolton when we had Baptista? I remember when we were king of counter-attacking footie
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2006
We are still kings of counter attacking football, just that everyone now knows what will frustrate arsenal's attack- put 9 player in front of the goal and let them pass till they get tired then bang them over like some jelly babies

either way

We'll woop spurs!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2006
Amen
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by loyika(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Jackal i quite disagree with your analysis to a certain point

Firstly if your analysis was correct, we wouldn't have scored against you guys, i mean cesc dispossed C Ronaldo and then layed off the ball to Adebayor and he scored first time, the same way Cesc layed of the ball for RVP against hamburg and he scored first time, the same against Reading, i could go on.

The problem for Arsenal is not the personnel but the formation, 4-5-1 restricts the way the team can play, as Wenger feels that since there is a lack of a big destroyer a la Maka, or Essien, he should flood the midfield. The problem is he is only left with Technical players like Cesc who plays a riquelme role, or Hleb. who likes to dribble.

The problem also lies in selection, Most of our goals have come from the Cesc / Helb /Eboue triangle, We have direct players like Theo and Hleb to a large extent, but its the philosophy of looking for a better placed team mate that kills our moves, if you noticed against Bolton, Theo got behind their defence a couple of times, and instead of doing what he would normally do while under Redknapp at southhampton, which is to take on the last man and shot, he kept laying the ball back to find a non existent team mate.

Usually Bobby Pires or DB10 is in the hole to score those type of goals, but right now we do not have a clear cut finisher, TH14 is getting older and paces him self more now, thats why he now cuts in from the wings and tries to layoff the ball. Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky should be taken aside and given target practice, also Theo and Baptista should also be given shooting practice.

We create enough chances to win 30 games, all we need to do is put them away. Another problem is our ability to always go behind, this is an annoying trend, and generally creates a rush mentality, which if we could avoid, would make us relax and tear teams apart. We were relaxed against the Mancs cause it was still goaless till the Ade goal, if we had gone behind, we would have lost or drawn that game. Anyway enough of Arsenal, my views on the Spuddy game

cool GOONER 89
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by Jackal(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ Loyika,

I disgree with u.
Cesc dispossessed Ronaldo but do u know the number of times he stroked the ball before releasing Adebayor?
C.Ronaldo nearly hacked him down and had he succeeded, that could have easily been the end of that move.
Cesc was able to dance through the defence of United but the Boltons, Chelseas and Blackburns will not allow that kind of move.

Arsenal spends so much time playing tip-tap instead of looking for the shortest move possible to get into opponent's danger area.
They play very well in building up moves but it takes so much time to reach the end product and this gives opponents more time to think and deal with Arsenal's threats.
4-5-1 formation is anutha factor as well as it isolates the top striker.
Don't get me wrong, Arsenal's kinda 4-5-1 is sensational to watch the way Hleb, Rosicky, Clichy and Eboue spring forward with Fabregas on the ball but it does not always work for most teams.

I dont see how it will work against a defensive team like Chelsea.
Arsenal are known to play 4-4-2. They went unbeaten for a whole season playing 4-4-2.
They have won many titles with 4-4-2 so why change now and make it their permanent formation.
4-5-1 can be used when a team is leading and u wanna see games off but it shouldnt be mainstream.
Arsenal faces Fulham in mid-week, do u think its logical to play 4-4-2 against a weaker side like Fulham.
Why not play 4-4-2 in the 1st 30 mins, get 2 or 3 goals and change back when the points are safely secured.
Wenger needs to refresh cos Arsenal is secretly damaging people's hearts with mind-boggling results.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by didoflex(m): 9:46am On Nov 29, 2006
Good discuss going on here I see. cheesy smiley

Anyway back to Spurs / Arsenal.

I think the midfield will be key. We have more physical/stronger players than Arsenal. Zakora/Davids. Its a pity J.J is injured, but we have Lennon back to Terrorize Clichy. Clichy is actually a good lad. Its going to be an interesting contest on the left flank.

Spurs plays neat football (not Physical like Bolton or Blackburn), but as Jackal said , Arsenal lack the killer person. Arsenal needs a finisher in the likes of Van Nistelrooy, You play dreamland football, but does all that ballet count as goals??

We have Berbatov and Keane, Defoe is not playing to badly although he's not getting enough playing time. I probably see Keane and Berbatov starting (and u know the Bulgarian is on Fire). None of Arsenals strikers are on fire!!

Intriguing game, probably a lot of goals like the 5-4 of 2004.

But a draw at best for Arsenal, Likely win for Spurs though!!!

Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2006
Sir Alex Ferguson is a long-time admirer of Defoe, and was interested in signing the England striker - a West Ham player at the time - when they bought Louis Saha from Fulham.

This is from www.football365.com in case you want to read more.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by xsay(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2006
i think arsenal is a good team
but the game bt hotspur will be a
workover for hotspur.
it's payback time.
angry
HOTSPUR4LYFE
ALL HOTSPUR FANS CAN HALLA ME ON 08068559980
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2006
workover for hotspur.

Exactly like the match between Arsenal and Fullham. grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2006
Why would anyone want to call you?
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by loyika(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2006
Lawro's pediction on BBC SPORTS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6183452.stm

Check out the Arsenal vs Spuds post.

Even with our shiity form, commentators still feel we are better than the spuddies grin

cool GOONER 89

P.S yeah as Kit said; Why in heavens name would anyone want to call you
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2006
Maybe the guy wan dash free credit to fellow spuddies?
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2006
xsay:

i think arsenal is a good team
workover for hotspur.

it's payback time.
angry
HOTSPUR4LYFE
ALL HOTSPUR FANS CAN HALLA ME ON 08068559980

walk-over indeed grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by mukina2: 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

well i can 3-1  grin

well didnt know you were a *jangrey master* just that the 1 didnt arrive . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by LoverBwoy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 02, 2006
i was just teasing them with the 1 goal so they wont say we are arrogant grin
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by kitaun(m): 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2006
So where is Didoflex and that 'Tspurs'? Spurs ma arse!
Re: Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc by amodu(m): 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2006
They are still wondering how they were trash by Arsenal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 1st January 2015 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.