Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack (32138 Views)

Boko Haram Takes Over Five Borno Communites In Fresh Attack / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 In Enugu / Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Geidam, Yobe Governor’s Home Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Opharhe: 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mmmy:
So this is my first post on this site after monitoring it for 6 months, I never had any intention of joining it as it was a bit too hate filled for my liking but for this thread and others like it, i had to join to say something.

Everyone is calling the Benue people and others like them cowards but the truth is these people (herdsmen) are surprisingly well armed and it's not like they send an advance notice detailing their arrival, accommodation and plans. Other attacks have brought about details like being ambushed from the bushes.

All i'm saying is that as frustrating as it is for us hearing this news over and over again, we should remember that there's not a lot our older people in the villages can do when you're shot with GUNS in an effort to go pick up your STICKS and CUTLASSES.
Such a pitiable situation. And the useless FG that's suppose to protect lives and properties have completely abandoned these people to their fate.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Ojady(m): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
It appears these fulani men are armed and will rather kill human beings than allow their 'more valuable than human communities' cows starve. I mean cows will eat anything, they graze wherever their herder leads them. For the Fulanis to continually lead their herd ( their source of economic subsistence) to the farmlands of communities speaks of insensitivity and arrogance. A more drastic solution might be the solution. I do not subscribe to arming communities not because it wouldnt have an effect. Howbeit, a mini war between fulani herdsmen and communities with women and children can and will leave grave casualties. If the FG or SG are unable to erect barbed wires to keep out these Fulanis, then it is time to target these cows since they are the only things these fulani herdsmen truly care about. These communities either set traps on farmlands or lace parts of the farmland most vulnerable to cattle grazing with nitrates (poisons). This could save innocent lives

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Trendishine: 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Opharhe:
Hahahaha. You think u're threatening me? What have the fulanis done to avenge the mass slaughter they got from the Ibadan people for trespassing... to the extent that Buhari was wailing before Lam Adesina, then Governor of Oyo statel? Lol.
The Fulani herdsmen are invaders; they invaded and killed people in their sleep. They got what they deserved. My people are peace loving but you cannot threaten me in my own house, be a threat to my life and expect me to keep quiet. Niger-Deltans are not afraid of anyone, and in this case, WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR GOVERNMENT in protecting our homeland.
i do think no community or pple should wait anymore, with the story across the nation. every community should braze themselves and even begin to see fulani herdsmen as potential terrorist. and mandate their no coming around communities in their state for no crazy grazing..they have bloods in their hands and have no reason to come around pples communities, talk nothing of coming near their farms..communities should gird themselves against this fulani herdsmen since the government have decided to pretend with deaf ears... wipe them off in a way that it would shake the bone marrows of any crazy tribe that hears about it, even across the world.. even down to their fulani settlement.. that is the only way they can get the message..this medieval nomads are as dormant and even more deaf than their malu's..all your talks and negotiation goes nowhere close to their ears.. shake the tribe and you would really know..that the only language they hear is bombardment and force..the fulani herds men and their tribes put together ryt now needs a deadly O.T...and buhari's reaction, response and immediate action nooowww , is the only thing that myt help them a little to save that their tribe and disorganized business..becos ryt now i am very sure the anger is already boiling and most pple are already planning its implementation..as they (the fulani herdsmen) have already cooked a food they are now mandated to eat...this guys must be crazy...waaat..?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Opharhe: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Trendishine:
i do think no community or pple should wait anymore, with the story across the nation. every community should braze themselves and even begin to see fulani herdsmen as potential terrorist. and mandate their no coming around communities in their state for no crazy grazing..they have bloods in their hands and have no reason to come around pples communities, talk nothing of coming near their farms..communities should gird themselves against this fulani herdsmen since the government have decided to pretend with deaf ears... wipe them off in a way that it would shake the bone marrows of any crazy tribe that hears about it, even across the world.. even down to their fulani settlement.. that is the only way they can get the message..this medieval nomads are as dormant and even more deaf than their malu's..all your talks and negotiation goes nowhere close to their ears.. shake the tribe and you would really know..that the only language they hear is bombardment and force..the fulani herds men and their tribes put together ryt now needs a deadly O.T...and buhari's reaction, response and immediate action nooowww , is the only thing that myt help them a little to save that their tribe and disorganized business..becos ryt now i am very sure the anger is already boiling and most pple are already planning its implementation..as they (the fulani herdsmen) have already cooked a food they are now mandated to eat...this guys must be crazy...waaat..?
You've hit the nail on the head. The protection of our homelands is a task that must be done, FG or no FG.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by adisarasaq(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
The people are not just Fulani but terrorist
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Mmmy(f): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
Opharhe:
Such a pitiable situation. And the useless FG that's suppose to protect lives and properties have completely abandoned these people to their fate.

What baffles me is that there has been no word from Aso Rock, although no life should be ignored, it's not like the casualties are 2 or 3, they keep increasing in the tens weekly.
The worse is that no one seems to be challenging or asking the presidency questions, taking into account that our Nigerian media are next to useless, when i read about the recent Al Jazeera interview the first thing i looked for was a question on the topic but alas, there was none.

Hmm Nigeria, making me sound like a 50year old man since i was 13. undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by COCKCROW: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ola17:
what is going on in the Middle Belt is nothing short of a calculated genocide aimed at taking over the fertile lands as a result of the desertification of the core North. The worrisome part is that these herdsmen has the active support of very powerful people and the studied silence of PMB doesn't help matters also.

It is the blood of those Ibos the Benue state indigence slaughtered during the Nierian-Biafra war. Those innocent blood is calling for a revenge and to receive settlement for what Idom and Tiv etc did to men, women and children just because they were Ibos. The same thing has been happening in Plateau State and southern Zaira. You may not believe this; yet more will happen. I have said through this medium. Where is Paul Uonogu, the northern elder? who castigated Ndigbo because of Biafra. Long die the indivisible country, Long die the destructive unity, Long die united country.
Nobody has ever asked the salient questions to get to the root curse of nigeria. A people or body that is accursed cannot be healed or delivered except when the accursed person is removed.( NB.In the Bible: Achan and his family took the accursed thing and they became accursed and died for that. We, Nigerians will all die unless the accursed people are cut off from among us. That is the essence of IPOB. The south, plateau, benue and other blessed people joined to this accursed zoo country think, think, act.. unless you are a conquered and ready tools in the hands of accursed people. Just think or more calamity is on the way.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by nbright: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
Omenka, your people are gradually going extinct o. Won't your bubu do something?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by ChristStriker(m): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
Has omenka/iroh88 not seen this thread?

I am yet to see omenka condemn the demonic fulani herdsmen on nairaland. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by ChristStriker(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
nbright:
Omenka, your people are gradually going extinct o. Won't your bubu do something?

He is very quick to jump into any thread about Bi.afra but always silent on the devastation meted on his people by the fulani herdsmen.

One thing I know for certain is that there is a grand plan to systematically exterminate the MB people and occupy their fertile lands for cattle grazing.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Opharhe: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mmmy:

What baffles me is that there has been no word from Aso Rock, although no life should be ignored, it's not like the casualties are 2 or 3, they keep increasing in the tens weekly.
The worse is that no one seems to be challenging or asking the presidency questions, taking into account that our Nigerian media are next to useless, when i read about the recent Al Jazeera interview the first thing i looked for was a question on the topic but alas, there was none.

Hmm Nigeria, making me sound like a 50year old man since i was 13. undecided undecided
Wow! I like your political consciousness and it's good for us especially as these guys up there always want to take us for a ride. I was really disappointed too that the issue was not raised during Buhari's Al-Jazeera interview, but Buhari knows about these happenings and has decided to play deaf... So pathetic and irresponsible of a President. But come to think of it, what have the Senate of House of Reps not raised this issue? Ben Bruce has been inactive for sometime now, he too is supposed to do something. I JUST TAYA.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by NLban: 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Emekamex:
PMB be like
Buhari will also be like....

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Funjosh(m): 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
ogahomale:
No vex but Ur Fada dia

Some mode are coming to jail you now for abusing that fellow tongue
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by mandax: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
TippyTop:
Cc: omenka
Statistics have proven that the 3 biggest killers of Nigerians are: Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and Malaria.

.............but why cry? after all, many Nigerians in the Middlebelt and Southwest seem to believe that life without Fulani under one Nigeria is not worth living.

Every living thing finds a way to distant itself from what kills it - the living thing.

But southwest and Middlebelt Nigeria do not appear to act like human beings. These two move closer to Fulani they cry against everyday, instead they insult others who strive to distant themselves from Fulani.

So why all the cry about Fulani excesses? RIP to the dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by phazotron(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
mallamseifaldin:
When you hurt their cows what do you expect?....

Tell the Benue people to stop stealing and killing their cows...

They also plant on every route to their grazing areas.......

The Fulani's are FRIENDLY and PEACEFUL people...

ure crazy for saying dat. those people are animals
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Ochogbe(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
I hope we didn't make mistake to vote for Buhari and APC.
Why are so called Fulanis killing people only on the PDP dominated areas of Benue state?
Again, I hope these so called Fulanis are not members of Boko haram in disguise?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by naijaking1: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
MansaMoussa:
If the Tor Tiv and Och'Idoma cannot damn the consequences of coming on Air to issue a general call to arms against the fulani people, then they have no business occupying those seats.

They are both spineless.
Sitting and waiting for Fulani herdsmen men to come hit their houses personally before they can act.
Joining Hausa people to massacre Igbos is still haunting them.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by sanandreas(m): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
Opharhe:
Abeg where is your place? These Benue people just dey dull... My Urhobo people of Delta did something similar some years ago.

Oniovo mavo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Opharhe: 6:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
sanandreas:

Oniovo mavo
Hehehehe. Oshare na, me ero o. Oghene kobiruo.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Jessam: 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Stop buying cows from the murderers .... support the local cow of the south. It is a bit smaller than the Fulani cow but more nutritious. Jessam Cattle Ranch & farms are one the largest rearers of the Ehi Igbo

Nb. Not all Fulani herdsmen are involved in murdering people of local community along their herd route.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by str8talk1: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
My advice to villagers where u see dis vicious fulani herdsmen is u kill dem and bury dem immediately while u share their cattles among urselves. They r virus,u nd to exterminate them.
No apologies!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by glossy6(f): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
So AK 47 has replaced the sticks nomads use in herding his cattle
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by bonechamberlain(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
omojeesu:

Politicians are there for themselves not the people. Corruption shuts their mouths and conscience.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by bonechamberlain(m): 7:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
omojeesu:

Politicians are there for themselves not the people. Corruption shuts their mouths and conscience.
conscience even at the expense of hundreds of human lives. am not suprisef ortom got there riding on the back on Sat buhari, if not am not sure he would win local govt election. he is now scared to touch buhari's people. he is a fool. angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by dTruth101: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
equity and justice allow emeka to leave his erosion ravaged red mud village to open gala shop in d great caliphate. It allows gbenga to ride taxi in abiuja.

Fulani cattle must graze in the savanna grassland. Sweep through the tropical rain forest and quench their thirst from the shores of the atlantic.

Every Nigerian has equal right to live anywhere he likes and free to move to anywhere.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by etoroh: 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Are we gonna say Buhari isnt aware of the killings? What about the Senators and Reps from that region. What have they done to salvage the situation? Why are the FG folding their hands and keeping mute in this carnage? Why are Fulani still allowed in other communities if they are inhuman and cant dwell in peace?
Why is CHANGE so painful and deadly? Why, Nigeria why?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by omojeesu(m): 9:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
bonechamberlain:
conscience even at the expense of hundreds of human lives. am not suprisef ortom got there riding on the back on Sat buhari, if not am not sure he would win local govt election. he is now scared to touch buhari's people. he is a fool. angry

Nemesis will catch up with them.
God will judge them and all.

But the people have a right to self defense for self preservation. Unfortunately, they are mostly poor and uneducated with little power to fight back or even defend themselves.

Their leaders, especially the political class, have over exploited and are still being exploited by them till date. They have betrayed their own people!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by mandax: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
dTruth101:
equity and justice allow emeka to leave his erosion ravaged red mud village to open gala shop in d great caliphate. It allows gbenga to ride taxi in abiuja.

Fulani cattle must graze in the savanna grassland. Sweep through the tropical rain forest and quench their thirst from the shores of the atlantic.

Every Nigerian has equal right to live anywhere he likes and free to move to anywhere.

Gbenga and Emeka have been chased away from the north.
North used sharia laws and Boko Haram to chase most southerners away from Fulani/Kanuri land.

You can't divide Nigeria as you chased southerners away from north, but still want one Nigeria.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by Amhappy(f): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
Can we go on a protest by not eating their cow meat for 3months?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by ShegeYorubawa: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
Did they burn down Kyase family house? On behalf of kyase, i say sai buharry! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 Farmers In Fresh Attack by ShegeYorubawa: 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
DauraDullardo:
Omenka and Kyase, your presence is needed here with immediate effect.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Saii dullharry!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speaker Dogara, Six Political Parties, Others Move To Stop Governor Abubakar / Chuka Umunna Weds Alice Sullivan / Bola Tinubu's Statement On The Lifting Of The Twitter Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.