Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL (36273 Views)

My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth / I Just Got A Job Through NL - Glory Be To God / Testimony: I Got A Job Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by hazyfm1: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
I SALUTE YOUR COURAGE

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Akynzodeighbour(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by buoye1(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
The story not detailed sef

2 Likes

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by tomholly: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Congrats
dazzle101:
I always hoped my first topic on here would be one where I eventually share this testimony!! Alas, here we are, it is finally dawned!

Couple of months back, I had commented on a post about how I quit my job cos of the hitches I had to pass through in the name of working in a bank!!!

Anyways all past now, today I have been made an even better offer and I'm just here to put out a word of encouragement or two:

- if u ever feel choked, if you ever feel the job is working for you no more, no value is being added to your life, you're not shining like the star you feel you should, the job conditions are becoming life threatening and above all no clear cut career path or destination ur headed for and if u as an outlier do no want to see urself being just the same in a space of years, then by all means, take a leap of faith, take a bold step, do the needful, make a decision n stand for it! It might be a tough one considering our Nigerian scene but I know this; all things worketh for the good of them who believe... Never stop believing and never give up hope u'd find an even better deal cos u eventually will... just trust in God, cos with Him nothing, absolutely nothing is impossible...

I wish all the very best and thanks to all the mods and everyone who makes it a point of duty to post genuine job adds on here...

Thank you Seun Osewa for this forum.... It has helped lives...

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
A big congrats to u OP! Vry nice, I lik such testimonies because it encourages neva to loose hope, d God of miracle s stil in d business of doing great tins. Dat big we r looking for just close to us,
Make u sure u pay ur 1st fruit in ur church!
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by lightheart(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
'If your shoe lace begin tight you, no expect say na person go tell you to begin loose am'

Congrats.
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Kangol99(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
HMMMMMMMM cheesy
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
wow congrats op

Thanks Olu grin
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
blessedvisky:
Give us full details now

grin grin see me in camera naa
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
hazyfm1:
I SALUTE YOUR COURAGE

Thanks dear grin
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by blessedvisky(m): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
dazzle101:

grin grin see me in camera naa

I no need any camera. N'a just ALERT I wan seesee cool. Make I drop act number? grin

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Eaa247:
A big congrats to u OP! Vry nice, I lik such testimonies because it encourages neva to loose hope, d God of miracle s stil in d business of doing great tins. Dat big we r looking for just close to us,
Make u sure u pay ur 1st fruit in ur church!

Awwww thanks for ur kind words! You shall have ur time of testimony too...
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
blessedvisky:

I no need any camera. N'a just ALERT I wan seesee cool. Make I drop act number? grin

By all means, feel free abeg oo wink
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
lightheart:
'If your shoe lace begin tight you, no expect say na person go tell you to begin loose am'

Congrats.

Darned right!!

Thanks too!
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Malakh: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
There are only two types of destiny, one spoken by king Solomon another one spoken by John the Revelator, all we are doing now is called sojourning
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by XtraSmooth404: 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
@dazzle101, I admire your courage. Hope you've got a plan B and C.

Outta curiosity, were you a full staff or contract?
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by geekybabe(f): 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
@dazzle101

Congrats but the story May not be the same for another person.

No matter how bad the job is, stick to it till you have another option.
you may never knw d value of your annoyig job till you meet a job seeker.

Never quit a job until you have a plan b. Not having a place to go to when you wake up each day is enough depression.
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
XtraSmooth404:
@dazzle101, I admire your courage. Hope you've got a plan B and C.

Outta curiosity, were you a full staff or contract?

The previous was contract!
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
geekybabe:
@dazzle101

Congrats but the story May not be the same for another person.

No matter how bad the job is, stick to it till you have another option.
you may never knw d value of your annoyig job till you meet a job seeker.

Never quit a job until you have a plan b. Not having a place to go to when you wake up each day is enough depression.

Miss geeky, speak for urslf! Different strokes for diff folks! To each his own! There is no place for the ordinary man in this world! You must be aggressive, shrewd, smart and articulate....

Real depression sets in when you're doing a job that adds no value to u and u find uslf existing rather than living n being an intrapreneur..... I could go on n on!

It's just the mentality of the average person out there to remain n deal with their physiological needs when they could actually get up n soar....... self actualization is prime!!!

2 Likes

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by geekybabe(f): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
dazzle101:

Miss geeky, speak for urslf! Different strokes for diff folks! To each his own! There is no place for the ordinary man in this world! You must be aggressive, shrewd, smart and articulate....

Real depression sets in when you're doing a job that adds no value to u and u find uslf existing rather than living n being an intrapreneur..... I could go on n on!

It's just the mentality of the average person out there to remain n deal with their physiological needs when they could actually get up n soar....... self actualization is prime!!!

lol. trust me, you can't lecture me on self actualization. each job has its own drama. that you quit your job and got another within a short time doesn't mean another person will have d same experience. and that u have a new job now doesnt mean you wont feel tired of it in some months.

and by the way.. dealing with your psychological needs on the job, and finding a balance in d midst of it all, is what makes you a strong person. quitting doesnt mean victory. or winning. and quitting is definitely not soaring.

3 Likes

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
geekybabe:

lol. trust me, you can't lecture me on self actualization. each job has its own drama. that you quit your job and got another within a short time doesn't mean another person will have d same experience. and that u have a new job now doesnt mean you wont feel tired of it in some months.

and by the way.. dealing with your psychological needs on the job, and finding a balance in d midst of it all, is what makes you a strong person. quitting doesnt mean victory. or winning. and quitting is definitely not soaring.

Aunty speak for urself!

Ur mindset is what works for u!

Between my post was to put up a word of encouragement out there: thank God it's yielding results! It certainly is not meant for the 'know it all' like yourself!

You had a choice to view the post and move on and not come on to give me advice on what is already worked!!

Don't worry u will testify soon, I hope everyone shares in ur joy then!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by obajoey(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
So true.
I resigned from gtbank as a contract staff last month after I have gotten an offer letter from another company. Not that I can't leave before getting a new job but I needed God to show and prove to them that even with their eyes wide opened I will get a new job under their nose, cos they will make you believe you have no where else to go.

We must learn to be firm in our decision making. Decision like when to stay and when to leave just as it is in relationship.
I love your courage jare.

dazzle101:

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by UIA04(f): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
tempem:
This destiny stuff annoys me so greatly. Are we going to say the same thing for a mad man or the less priviledged? If God wrote such desthny, then he's wicked. Am sure he writes none.
Our destiny's is in our hands to carve out. Only lazy people believe everything na God every time and the richest people in the world are atheist.
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by obajoey(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
It seems you work for one of these recruitment agencies cos you reason the same way with them.

What is the point staying and getting stucked where you don't belong and regretting each day you wake to see yourself resuming at that same place where hardwork and loyalty are not rewarded.

Don't you know that by staying loyal to a company that doesn't reward loyalty and losing out on bigger opportunities elswhere is called "Double Jeopardy"

The end result is stagnation and frustration.
It pays to dare and take risk sometimes.

geekybabe:

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by eyinjuege: 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
dazzle101:

Aunty speak for urself!

Ur mindset is what works for u!

Between my post was to put up a word of encouragement out there: thank God it's yielding results! It certainly is not meant for the 'know it all' like yourself!

You had a choice to view the post and move on and not come on to give me advice on what is already worked!!

Don't worry u will testify soon, I hope everyone shares in ur joy then!

Cheers!

I quite understand the view point of both you guys. Your take is if the kitchen gets too hot, get out. You believe in putting yourself out there, and making things happen.... Applaudable.

She- geekybabe however also believes in making things happen, but with a more subtle , careful approach. She believes in caution, always with a backup plan...... Also applaudable.

My point is you're both viewing a coin, but two different sides. However, you both achieve the same goal of making things happen.

It doesn't mean your approach is wrong or hers is right. Just different.

There's so much beauty in diversity ain't it.

I personally appreciate where you both are coming from, and I would choose either option depending on the situation around me.

Example, if I had a family to feed, and dependants, bills to pay, etc I would probably choose her option, and stay put till I found something better.
However, if I was single, living with parents, not paying any bills, and not even feeding myself I would probably choose your option till I found my feet.

4 Likes

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by 4nobody4every1: 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
eyinjuege:

I quite understand the view point of both you guys. Your take is if the kitchen gets too hot, get out. You believe in putting yourself out there, and making things happen.... Applaudable.

She- geekybabe however also believes in making things happen, but with a more subtle , careful approach. She believes in caution, always with a backup plan...... Also applaudable.

My point is you're both viewing a coin, but two different sides. However, you both achieve the same goal of making things happen.

It doesn't mean your approach is wrong or hers is right. Just different.

There's so much beauty in diversity ain't it.

I personally appreciate where you both are coming from, and I would choose either option depending on the situation around me.

Example, if I had a family to feed, and dependants, bills to pay, etc I would probably choose her option, and stay put till I found something better.
However, if I was single, living with parents, not paying any bills, and not even feeding myself I would probably choose your option till I found my feet.
well said cool

3 Likes

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by trebron(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Congrats dear.
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
obajoey:
So true.
I resigned from gtbank as a contract staff last month after I have gotten an offer letter from another company. Not that I can't leave before getting a new job but I needed God to show and prove to them that even with their eyes wide opened I will get a new job under their nose, cos they will make you believe you have no where else to go.

We must learn to be firm in our decision making. Decision like when to stay and when to leave just as it is in relationship.
I love your courage jare.

Thanks a lot dear! Life is too short for ifs and buts! Decisions must be made and with utmost temerity... if you can't take the plunge then be ready to settle for whatever you get!!! Exactly@ making you think you have no where else to go or that you won't get an even better offer... if you keep tryna play it safe then one might just remain stuck and before they realize time flies by!!!

Congrats to you too, it will keep on getting better!!!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
trebron:
Congrats dear.

Thanks dear
Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
obajoey:
It seems you work for one of these recruitment agencies cos you reason the same way with them.

What is the point staying and getting stucked where you don't belong and regretting each day you wake to see yourself resuming at that same place where hardwork and loyalty are not rewarded.

Don't you know that by staying loyal to a company that doesn't reward loyalty and losing out on bigger opportunities elswhere is called "Double Jeopardy"

The end result is stagnation and frustration.
It pays to dare and take risk sometimes.

Bless you much good sire! You have just hit the nail hard!!! I rest my case... grin grin

P:S- we should be friends for this brilliant comment.... wink cool

1 Like

Re: My First Topic, My First Testimony On NL by fairheven: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Take a leap,but look well before you leap undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% / 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important / 8 Abnormal Job Interview Responses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.