Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth (26192 Views)

See An N-power Applicant's Acceptance Letter / How Can I Cancel My N Power Application / Help Me Urgently Before I Lose My N-power Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Oscarz(m): 5:02am On Jan 09, 2017
Good morning all!

I woke earlier this morning, tried checking out my notifications, messages and trending news online. It came to my notice that there has been so much doubt about this President Muhammadu Buhari Federal Government Npower scheme. So many called it trash, some say its Nepotism, political jamboree, media stunts, APC propaganda, lies, 2019 campaign strategy and all sorts of nonsense. I can agree with everyone that the federal government has got so many things wrong since they took over power few years ago but this one, I refuse to agree, they have TRIED!.

You see, Few months ago, I was on the verge of 'entering the street', if you know what that means, as in I was frustrated, due to a lack of a regular paying job, with a high class graduate certificate, high potential to work, personal development strategies, killing CV, well prepared, regularly surfing job sites and applications on job boards, roaming about every evening seeking to find "worker needed" written on any wall, so I could apply in person, in the guise of evening strolling,to no avail. From nowhere the FG came with a plan for we the unemployed, whom nobody cared about, I heard someone say Npower FG employment on TV, by then I was used to any word that sounded like employment, and so I Googled it, and registered immediately without even going through all the conditions, I only made sure I had all requirements needed. I carried them all on my phone, after we were visited by some armed robbers who made away with my laptop and belongings, I now value my phone more than our flat screen Tele, so I guard it like my file-jacket of certificates. I even went as far as registering for three sections of the program, when I saw the benefits, the teach, build, knowledge - software, pardon me for mentioning that, that was frustration.

Lo and behold, FG remembered us after we registered, some weeks later, we underwent an assessment online, like play, we were shortlisted after some weeks, and verified after some weeks, I was following everything even @akandeoj on Twitter, N-POWER COMMUNITY group on Facebook, checking my TV for related news, even by 'find in page' on Opera mini, I continually searched for the combination of the phrase N-power- FG_employment_jobs, just to make sure I was following well, a good follower if you may say so.

Some friends even discouraged me, even one of them payed #20,000 to one LG Chairman and yet wasn't shortlisted, I said to myself, 'its been God' because it's a free FG scheme. I went further to quit all manner of sinful acts I maybe into, as in just the little things we do that are wrong, even the 'free browsing' wey I dey do, I stopped then, in prep for 2017 a blessed year, I believe, as I saw God blessing Nigerian youths through this FG scheme.

Alas! One afternoon, 30th of December, 2017, I was lonely at home, as I could not travel because I was dead broke, nothing to eat, I have been eating just rice since the week before, a message came in, I ignored it because I am now friendly with Access bank and MTN since it's yuletide, thinking that was there usual Seasons Greetings bla bla bla, I eventually touched the phone and saw its an alert, I hastily swiped open the message and behold it read,

"access>>>Credit Alert
Amt: NGN 30,000.00 Cr
Acc: 069****273
Desc: N-10007125329/N-Power December
Time: 30/12/16 @03:05 PM
Bal: NGN 30,056.86",

Just to tell you my account was empty and dry at that time. The way I jumped, I almost hit my feet on a side stool. I was so happy that the hunger flew out even before I could think of how to get the Transport fare to withdraw a bit of it. It was that serious!

Okay, here I am reading this blogs and seeing some comments, and I'm like "WTF, who are these! ".
Well, some may say, 'maybe he was paid to do this', or 'atleast he could afford a phone' or 'he even ate costly rice for a week straight' or 'this guy is really jobless to write all these'. Yes was jobless until the FG intervened, the least I could do is appreciate, I have a phone, that's even one of the questions asked during the assessment, and mind you the FG is paying the poor #5000, I guess I don't belong there.

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THIS, LET ALL WHO ARE BENEFICIARIES OF THIS PROGRAM, STAND UP AND DEFEND THIS OUR GOVERNMENT, IT HASNT BEEN EASY FOR THEM, LET'S SUBDUE ALL THOSE TRYING TO PAINT THIS GOVERNMENT BLACK.

I am neither APC nor PDP, I don't even care about politics that much, but this I must be grateful for, for I see the work being done.

I can keep writing, but this is where it really affects me, so this is where I drop it for today... THANKS

169 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Oscarz(m): 5:06am On Jan 09, 2017
Please pardon me for all errors in typography, I know many won't read this, they just want to find the errors, kudos to you. Thanks again. #TeamFTC

12 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by duduade: 5:40am On Jan 09, 2017
You didn't have to write your story.. If the bad Belle people like let them come and troll... They will be collecting their own and bad mouthing everyone!!!

36 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by kurt09(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2017
Op, I can relate. I still stand with Buhari for better Nigeria.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Alexk2(m): 7:36am On Jan 09, 2017
Nothing you'll say that'll make haters see anything good in whatever or whoever they choose to hate.
I pray for more of God's favour for you this new year bro. Fly higher!

30 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Roseey0(f): 7:40am On Jan 09, 2017
So they will just be paying you people for doing nothing?

I don't understand that scheme. All I can see here is that you were screened, nothing again.

8 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by olasmith10(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2017
The FG needs to be commended for this development.. Even if the remuneration isn't commensurate with the level of skills some graduates has but it has solved some basic issues...

16 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by EMMYD01(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2017
My broda, you don't have to mind anybody. Its purely ur life and don't always pay attention to what anybody say to discourage you. Even if someone advice you, just pick d one u feel can work 4 u and do away with the rest. Congrats cos the monthly allawee will go a long way in ur life b4 u get another higher paying job. Wish u well

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by AutosBay(m): 8:08am On Jan 09, 2017
Which testimony when thousand of volunteers are yet to be verified not to talk about stipend, the 7 plus OP above me works with APC, not everyone here in nairaland represent the poor masses, some are undercover government officials, please note

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2017
Good morning, Npower beneficiaries this is to inform you that the provision of your devices (tablets) will be in your L.E.A which will be start on monday 9-01-2017, but is only if you are from N-teach and N-community for your guideline.
#copied

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by TGM2015: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2017
I also have many people that I helped to register who got the alert, the most surprising was my friend's wife that I updated her profile and account details on Thursday midnight and she got credit alert on Friday confirming same for two of her friends.

At least hundreds of thousands of potential crimes is being averted while putting smiles on their faces. While discussing with my friend, I think the irregularities or delay in the process was due to coordination of the program centrally to eliminate names substitution at any level of government. Hence, the non-uniformity in paying beneficiaries and empowerment process. Above all, the government have to pay as the candidates are not the reasons for their inefficiencies, I only pray they get it right in the shortest period of time. Though the current/next stage depends solely on effectiveness of each state in handling the administrative aspects of the program, like the verification exercises and tablet phones distribution.

Congratulations.

27 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by DrTims(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2017
I also registered and got shortlisted, verified but am yet to recieve my stipend sha.

1 Like

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by DAramis: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2017
Thank God for your testimony... At least, you did not enter 'the street' like you said due to frustration.
Do have hope... that tomorrow will be better than your today

9 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by naturalwaves: 10:16am On Jan 09, 2017
No matter how little the NPOWER stipend may be, it is still highly commendable considering the amount of people that will be paid every month. This is a kind of thing that would not be possible under some other kind of leaders. The huge money that will be disbursed every month would have been embezzled by some unscrupulous fellows. This is a thumbs up to the government.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by spycamera: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2017
I see nothing wrong with social intervention programme of this nature. At least skill acquisition is attached to it and a wise graduate should be able to use the stipend wisely. I was chatting with a friend of mine from France and I asked him what he is into. He said nothing. Nothing, how are you surviving then? He said government is paying certain amount of money to graduates who have not secured any job and if one is comfortable with the stipend from the government then it's left for him or her to live with it but if the pay can't take care of your lifestyle, then you do more. I understand that it is a developed country but then developing nations need more of such programmes but should be tied to certain skills for capacity building. Give thump ups when deserved and also criticise constructively if need be.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by sparrowkid: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
naturalwaves:
No matter how little the NPOWER stipend may be, it is still highly commendable considering the amount of people that will be paid every month. This is a kind of thing that would not be possible under some other kind of leaders. The huge money that will be disbursed every month would have been embezzled by some unscrupulous fellows. This is a thumbs up to the government.

Don't mind them. Corpers are surviving on just 19k per month. There are graduates in private schools that are earning 15k per month. Imagine in a state like Ondo that have about 6000 participants. That is about 180 million naira going into the state economy. This will no doubt boost the economy of the state as purchasing power of the people will drastically improved. Their problem with the scheme is that they had jubilated early when the programme was still at the planning stage and because of the cash crunch.

My argument is that with the scheme like this, people will be more loyal and patriotic to the country.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by naturalwaves: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
sparrowkid:

Don't mind them. Corpers are surviving on just 19k per month. There are graduates in private schools that are earning 15k per month. Imagine in a state like Ondo that have about 6000 participants. That is about 180 million naira going into the state economy. This will no doubt boost the economy of the state as purchasing power of the people will drastically improved. Their problem with the scheme is that they had jubilated early when the programme was still at the planning stage and because of the cash crunch.

My argument is that with the scheme like this, people will be more loyal and patriotic to the country.
You are right bro.

12 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by derato: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2017
They should pay other states n tell us when to resume.am getting fed up.
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Proffdada: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
even though it's slow, the change is positive and that's PROGRESS grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Talk2Bella(f): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nice smiley
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by KINGwax007(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
People's hatred for PMB is only being paid back by goodness . Ask the idiots what their NOI and GEJ did for them, they will be talking in circles.

Some even went as far as to rubbish the 30k as if no be 10k their mad hero paid SURE P... participants.

All u wailers,

Waka!!!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
ok
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Oscarz:
Please pardon me for all errors in typography, I know many won't read this, they just want to find the errors, kudos to you. Thanks again. #TeamFTC
What exactly did u do to earn that money? Better hit the street o cos 30k ain't gonna cut it... Think Big my dear

4 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by hedonistic: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
I don't understand.
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Proffdada: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nma27:
What exactly did u do to earn that money? Better hit the street o cos 30k ain't gonna cut it... Think Big my dear
HALF BREAD....

Meanwhile....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by snezBaba: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Just do alot of savings on that cus it aint going to last forever cool.kudos to the givt. coolChildren of hate wont Appreciate it though... undecided

6 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by 9jayes: 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
gud
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by WHOcarex: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
angry
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by olalat(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
Anybody with up to date info on fct N power should pls share it here. Thanks.
Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
nonsense. guys no get sense ooo... 30,000 you the happy!!! they're sacking our parents that are paying our fees in order to save monies for their campaign and forming to employ the youth for 30,000!!!!

see, let me advice you guys.

they know that we're the leaders of tomorrow and by starving us and thereby releasing a token might seem like a big deal but its just a strategy.

your dad is collecting 450,000 a month they sacked him illegally and they're paying you 30,000! 450,000รท30,000=15months of working for this clueless government.
any sense in n power?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by adamsfriday27(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
some of us haven't stll receive the stipend.... what is delaying it and today is 09 monday.....pls make una help us tell FG say all of us havnt collect the stipend. thank you nairaland and npower team...akoko edo base

2 Likes

Re: My N-Power Testimony By An N-Powered Youth by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
congrats

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / Workforce Academy II 2014 / "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.