Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him (1475 Views)

Pic: See The Animal My Neighbors Found In Their Room This Morning / Ogun Police Statement On Joachim Iroko, Man Who Named His Dog Buhari / Dog Rescued From A Python Snake In Edo State (graphic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by dayohoo: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
How animals could be grateful to those who have helped them, nothing is truely forgotten, either good or bad.

Retired bricklayer and part-time fisherman Joao Pereira de Souza, 71, found this penguin back in 2011 when he washed up on a beach, starving and covered in oil.

Joao, who named the penguin Dindim after discovering him in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, decided to take the creature home and nurse it back to health.

Once Dindim was well again, Joao released him back into the wild and did not expect to see the penguin ever again.

Suprisingly the animal swam 5000 miles to find the bricklayer and he stayed with him 8months. Speaking during an interview the bricklayer said :

“I love the penguin like he’s my own child and I believe the penguin loves me.

“No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do. He lays on my lap, lets me give him showers, allows me to feed him sardines and to pick him up.”

”It took 11 months for Dindim to be nursed back to full health and for the past four years he has been a loyal visitor to his rescuer”.

“He arrives in June and leaves to go home in February, and every year he becomes more affectionate as he appears even happier to see me.”

The animal has since then been visiting the bricklayer frequently..oh how sweet

http://www.broadwayafrica.com/meet-the-animal-that-swam-5000-miles-to-see-the-man-who-rescued-him/?platform=hootsuite

1 Like

Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by sorextee(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2016
i keep saying it, some animals get sense pass some humans. when i feed my dogs, after eating, they will come and stretch before me. i believe thats their way of telling me thank you. cheesy just look. a penguin swam 5000 miles just to say thank you. this is something ive never seen and will never see a human do. angry

6 Likes

Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
WOW

IF NA MY COUNTRY....DEN FOR DONE USE M DO PENGUIN BARBEQUE

OSHEY.

3 Likes

Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by Mckandre(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
When shark go chop m at mid sea him journey go end
Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by Aristotle96(m): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
But why u lying? Tell me why u lying... X2 grin

1 Like

Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by dayjee: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wow!! That's great
Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by ify2nyce(f): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
WOW

OSHEY.
which country,
Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by FlawlessRebirth2(f): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
ify2nyce:
which country,
.ASK ME AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by jaymejate: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
I hear say penguin soup de sweet.
As i read the topic, i don know say nor be naija
Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by jeff1607(m): 3:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
FlawlessRebirth2:
WOW

OSHEY.

penguin stew
Re: Pics - Meet The Animal That Swam 5000 Miles To See The Man Who Rescued Him by Acebar(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
sorextee:
i keep saying it, some animals get sense pass some humans. when i feed my dogs, after eating, they will come and stretch before me. i believe thats their way of telling me thank you. cheesy just look. a penguin swam 5000 miles just to say thank you. this is something ive never seen and will never see a human do. angry
Dats true mine does it aswel but remember dat stretching in female dogs sometimes leads to abortion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

22 Signs Your Cats Are Turning Into A Human / Super Big Bone Boerboeol Puppies Available For Pick Up / Purebred Russian Blue Kittens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.