Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award (12616 Views)

President Buhari Poses With D'tigress Afrobasket Championship Trophy / Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / Nnamdi Kanu Sponsors Kuje Prison 2016 Championship Football Competition (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Danny1974: 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Buhari himself knows that he is not the winner but GEJ. Unless he received it on behalf of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
People are angry, frustrated, yearning for answers to our present woes.. Naira land is posting buhari award abt polio! Award my foot! Why is fuel scarce? Why is there no power supply, why do fashola insist to increase phcn billing as a condition to provide better power supply?? Why is there retrenchment every we're??, people are hungry and angry! Buhari said past govt are corrupt, how ever they did not touch my money in the bank oo! This time, his govt are not corrupt and they are charging me 100naira monthly for stamp trash duty!! Buhari should source for anoda way to get revenue, not taking my hard earned money kept in the bank oo. Many of his appointees ar bereft of knowledge! #buharidosomething#
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Danny1974: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
The only award Buhari is qualified to receive for now is traveling award if there is anything like that.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Pque(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
is this a jamb comprehension passage or live news. "The last reported case of polio in Nigeria was July 24, 2014, in Kano state."
In d same passage, , "the incidence of polio has plummeted by more than 99.9 percent, from about 350,000 cases a year to less than 75 confirmed in 2015."
This comprehesion passage will b suitable for jamb passage nd question sha becos jamb is also a confusionist.

Question:
When was polio last heard, in Nigeria:
a. 2013
b. 2014
c. 2015
d. 2016

na which one b d answer now. If this question is nt a bonus, then I'am right abt jamb.

I thank God for counting me among d livings and may I live to contribute my positive quota to this nation IJN. Amen!

Kudos to Rotary and rotary can also shift their attention to other life threathening diseases especially d silent killers, those ones that people are nt fully aware of and are too costly for ordinary average Nigerian. They can help to mitigate their cost so nigerian can easily get them. Thanks.
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by winningwinner(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Abeg, when did he eradicate the polio? Is he reaping from someone else's labour? Oh, my God, this is Kwarapsion!!!!!
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by makabulchi(m): 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
At all at na him bad pass award
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by str8talk1: 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
Monkey dey work baboon dey chóp! Please retreive d award gv it to GEJ.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Phame: 11:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
PRYCE:
If Nigeria was removed from the said list, It was Cos of PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

If this award was presented cos Nigeria was removed from that list, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN should be the recipient.

Buhari diverting Jonathan's Accolades since 2015 AD
we shouldn't blame him for the rot he imposed on the system, but give him glory when buhari is honoured? Hypocrisy!
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by obailala(m): 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
anonimi:

FACTS are sacred.
Lies cannot cover them forever.
Ask the 36 state governors how the reserve was emptied.

[img]http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/og.png?url=/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual[/img]

Without having to dig much into your facts, a cursory look at your gdp growth rate chart speaks volumes of how Nigeria's gdp growth rate which was averaging between 6-7% was crashed to 2.35% before the carcass was handed over to PMB.

Secondly, the nation's reserves were crashed quickly from $38billion to $28billion within the last 6 months of GEJ. PMB has been managing to maintain it between that $27-28billion for the past 9 months, hence mainly the naira suffers cos no buffers (forex reserves) were left.

Thirdly, you accuse APC of playing the blame game even with these glaring facts, yet you are here blaming the governors for daring to ask for their share of ECA. Meanwhile these governors were mainly the same PDP governors and they took only 45% of the entire ECA. So please tell me, what did FG do with it's 65% giant share amounting to over $11billion??... should I also ask the 36 governors how the FG squandered its share?
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
I am sure that award will b smelling GEJ. #GEJ award

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Asiri1991: 3:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Wake me up when the budget is ready. Polio ti take over.
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Asiri1991: 3:21am On Mar 11, 2016
As if the recipient is not a polio patient.
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by HirstMOG(m): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2016
Where are the Buharists in the house If you have the fear of God and you are sincere to yourselves, who was the president in the said year that your Daura President is taking credit for The cluelessness of Buhari has no measure!!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by nodullin(m): 6:53am On Mar 11, 2016
EVEN BUHARI KNOWS THAT THIS AWARD SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO HIM

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2016
Who cares whose achievement nigerians deserve better
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by ngoziama: 7:35am On Mar 11, 2016
Ndlistic:
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/09/779x430xBFR-3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ObWPul7GnJ.webp[/img]
In acknowledgment of his government’s efforts to keep Nigeria polio-free, Rotary (http://www.Rotary.org) Wednesday presented President Muhammadu Buhari with its Polio Eradication Champion Award.

Last year, the World Health Organization (WHO) removed Nigeria from its list of polio-endemic countries after the country went one year without reporting a case of the disease.

The last reported case of polio in Nigeria was July 24, 2014, in Kano state. Nigeria was the last country on the African continent to report active transmission of the wild poliovirus.

Shortly after taking office in July 2015, President Buhari demonstrated his personal commitment to ending polio by publically immunizing his young granddaughter.

In September, he launched polio immunization campaigns in his hometown of Daura, Katsina, by vaccinating local children. Mostly recently, he convened a Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication, through which 36 Nigerian State Governors reaffirmed their commitment to keeping Nigeria polio-free.

“Progress against polio in Nigeria, while a tremendous achievement, remains fragile. The country must ensure high-quality polio campaigns and surveillance activity for at least another two years, or risk the return of this disease,” said Rotary International President K.R.

Ravindran. “President Buhari and the Nigerian government have shown they are equal to this challenge, maintaining strong commitment and public support for polio immunization in the face of zero cases.”

Rotary established the Polio Eradication Champion Award in 1995 to recognize leaders and others who have made significant contributions to the global eradication of polio. Past recipients include Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan; Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany; David Cameron, Prime Minister of Britain; Enda Kenny, Prime Minister of Ireland; and Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary General.

Rotary launched its polio immunization program PolioPlus (http://www.EndPolio.org) in 1985, and in 1988 became a spearheading partner in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (http://www.PolioEradication.org) with the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Since the initiative launched in 1988, the incidence of polio has plummeted by more than 99.9 percent, from about 350,000 cases a year to less than 75 confirmed in 2015.

Rotary’s roles within the initiative are fundraising, advocacy, and social mobilization. To date, Rotary has contributed more than US$1.5 billion to ending polio, including more than $225 million in grants to support polio eradication activities in Nigeria and countless volunteer hours by members of Nigeria’s 311 Rotary clubs. To date, more than 2.5 billion children worldwide have been immunized against the paralyzing and potentially fatal disease.

Along with on-the-ground support, including programme oversight at all levels, the government of Nigeria has invested more than $112 million in its own polio eradication activities.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/199821-buhari-wins-polio-eradication-champion-award.html

Rotary nnnnnoooooo.and the award goes to goodluck ebele jonathan.haba rotary when did buhari do this one now. Anyway I already know what I will tell my generations .if you like distort history but be aware that we are wiser now
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by effluxpump(m): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2016
You did not merit the award sire ...courtesy demands you return it to the rightful owner .
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by ElCapone(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2016
PRYCE:
If Nigeria was removed from the said list, It was Cos of PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

If this award was presented cos Nigeria was removed from that list, PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN should be the recipient.

Buhari diverting Jonathan's Accolades since 2015 AD
so shld he take da knockz 4 any mess he has done.
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by peacengine(m): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Clearly GEJ's award not Buhari who has not done anything to fight polio since he resumed office
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by nwigwemark: 8:52am On Mar 11, 2016
He received the award on GEJ's behalf. Buhari i know can not win an award
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Ephemmm: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2016
TippyTop:

Remind me who was president when Nigeria went one year without any incidence of polio.

Not only that, his legacy includes: BK, corruption, non-power supply and unemployment, insecurity etc
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Ephemmm: 11:29am On Mar 11, 2016
TippyTop:

Remind me who was president when Nigeria went one year without any incidence of polio.

Really? But this could have been a blame game if the report is negative.
Re: President Buhari Wins Polio Championship Award by Iyoma2(f): 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeew. Wetin buhari know about Polio. Make him win leadership. kwarapshon .
Or best traveller award.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Didn’t Endorse Sheriff- Aide / Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Sent Assassins After Me, Bugged My Phones" / Nothing Wrong With Jonathan's 21 Billion Pledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.