Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS (66925 Views)

John Nnia Nwodo Bows To Obi Of Onitsha As He Arrives Chatham House (Photos) / El-rufai Speaks At Chatham House, London [PHOTOS] / Okorocha Embarrassed In London By Pro-Biafran At Chatham House: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by kingzizzy: 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
PBundles:

Seems I need to educate you all the more, the fact that you cant rebuf it and can only say what you said proves it but oh well, ignorance is a diesease. Ok get a pen and take notes, feel free to check, ask historians. Sad thing is the information is there if you really want to. Tip, instead of belittleing, simply ask..................You can thank me later

On 29 July 1966, soldiers including Murtala Muhammed, Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, and Martin Adamu, led the majority Northern soldiers in a mutiny that later developed into a "counter-coup". The coup failed in the South-Eastern part of Nigeria where Ojukwu was the military Governor, due to the effort of the brigade commander and hesitation of northern officers stationed in the region (partly due to the mutiny leaders in the East being Northern whilst being surrounded by a large Eastern population).

General Aguiyi-Ironsi and Colonel Fajuyi were abducted and killed in Ibadan. On acknowledging Ironsi's death, Ojukwu insisted that the military hierarchy be preserved. In that case, the most senior army officer after Ironsi was Brigadier Babafemi Ogundipe, should take over leadership, not Colonel Gowon (the coup plotters choice), however the leaders of the counter-coup insisted that Colonel Gowon be made head of state. Both Gowon and Ojukwu were of the same rank in the Nigeria Army then (Lt. Colonel) but Ojukwu was more senior in terms of when he completed Sandhurst. Ogundipe could not muster enough force in Lagos to establish his authority as soldiers (Guard Battalion) available to him were under Joseph Nanven Garba who was part of the coup, it was this realisation that led Ogundipe to opt out. Thus, Ojukwu's insistence could not be enforced by Ogundipe unless the coup ploters agreed (which they did not).The fall out from this led to a stand off between Ojukwu and Gowon leading to the sequence of events that resulted in the Nigerian civil war.

Wish I could break it to you softer, but cant.

But I have a question now since you seem to know so much, would you please rebuf or prove wrong what I stated about the 3 tons of lugagge and the Mercedes please............Im waiting (yawns again)..............I know truth hurts when you realise what you believed isnt real after all.

For the record, my paternal roots are SE (IBO) and SW (Bini and Yoruba), whilst my maternal are IBO and North(Hausa).

Get some facts right. As at the time Ironsi was killed, there were at least 10 officers who were senior to Gowon. They were:
Brigadier Ogundipe, colonel Bassey, Colonel Nwawo,Colonel Hillary Njoku,Colonel Imo,Colonel Adebayor, Lt Colonel Banjo,Lt Colonel Ejoor and Lt Colonel Ojukwu. Under Military tradition, the most senior officer should have become head of state. Gowon should have never become head of state but for the fact that he was a northerner. Ojukwu never went Sandhurst, he went to eaton officer cadet school. It was Gowon who went Sandhurst. The fall out between Ojukwu and Gowon was not what led directly to the war. What led to the declaration of Biafra and the subsequent war was when Gowon broke the Aburi agreement he and Ojukwu signed.
Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by Kagawa10: 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
engrchykae:
Procuring leased lands which expires after 99 yrs is foolishness though! No doubt, ibo are known for their brawn than brain though, too much of cold akpu, smh!
Better go and visit the Igala who are on the course of making ibo race becomes extinct in Aguleri!
Yeye!
Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by engrchykae(m): 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2016
[Kagawa
brainy Albert Einstein.the igbo brawns during the so-called 99 years made their money many times though i dont expect u to understand since this is not ewedu and amala.
And that keeps them economically able to renew their rent or buy another place.
U are not igbo so u cant decode or see what the igbo is seeing
Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by PBundles(m): 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
I do have my facts right, see below my comments.

kingzizzy:

Get some facts right. As at the time Ironsi was killed, there were at least 10 officers who were senior to Gowon. They were:
Brigadier Ogundipe, colonel Bassey, Colonel Nwawo,Colonel Hillary Njoku,Colonel Imo,Colonel Adebayor, Lt Colonel Banjo,Lt Colonel Ejoor and Lt Colonel Ojukwu. Under Military tradition, the most senior officer should have become head of state. Gowon should have never become head of state but for the fact that he was a northerner.

I never said that there were not higher ranking officers (re-read my post) BUT, it should have been Brigadier Ogundipe, but for reasons I mentioned he refused. I also stated it should not have been Gowon, though he was chief of staff at the time to Ironsi ( strangely enough if Im not mistaken).

Ojukwu never went Sandhurst, he went to eaton officer cadet school. It was Gowon who went Sandhurst.

Eaton Hall which fell under Mons OCS (Officer Cadet School) was shut down 1972 and transferred to Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, so in records they all fell under Sandhurst. This can be checked. I should have been more clear.

Having said that, I see that I misspoke as it was not on the basis of commissioning but actually because Ojukwu was made Lt Col. in 1964 (under Ironsi ironically) and Gowon in 1966 I believe. He was actually made Chief of Staff to Ironsi.

The fall out between Ojukwu and Gowon was not what led directly to the war. What led to the declaration of Biafra and the subsequent war was when Gowon broke the Aburi agreement he and Ojukwu signed.

Among other things, if you want to get technical there were other peace agreements brokered that didnt succeed. I was simply point out that the appointment of Head of State (Gowon) was something that played a very VITAL role. Ojukwu from a principle perspective could not and would not SERVE under Gowon. So any agreement which was such that he would have to fall under Gowon was doomed to fail.

Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by titusenes: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
Na their matter ooo e no concern me jare
Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by omenkaLives(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
Today Okorocha is a god to these same idiots, all because he appears to be fighting APC. Ipob is nothing but an apendage of pdp.
Re: Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS by RuggedBiafran: 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2022
Your mental status...is becoming worrisome. Foolish thoughts are not alien to SW miscreants anyway...Enjoy your foolishness.

omenkaLives:
Today Okorocha is a god to these same idiots, all because he appears to be fighting APC. Ipob is nothing but an apendage of pdp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus / Gbolahan Macjob: DJ Switch Should Be Prosecuted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.