Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) (41713 Views)

Ifeanyichukwu Ezumah: IMSU Graduate 'Biggie' Dies After Collapsing In Imo (Pics) / Costume Week Of The Faculty Of Law, OAU (Photos) / Pictures Of Nice Structures In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 10:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
There was a funny incident I heard of that happened inside OAU long time ago. Some group of women on sighting the building which is the School's Faculty of Education, Started shouting " Hey it is about to collapse o!! The building is collapsing!" etc. lol, the building was actually not collapsing, but the women in their ignorance thought so due to the amazingly "Slanting" structure of the building. There are many beautiful and gigantic structure inside OAU with each having its own uniqueness. But the following faculties - Education, Law, Social sciences, Administration has a special view that appear as though they are collapsing. The most beautiful of these four is the faculty of Education situated adjacent to the "Tripplet buildings" ( Law, social sciences and administration.) It also contain the school Radio station [ GREAT FM 94.5].I am sure a lot of people will avoid passing beside these Structures for many months long ago after it was completed with the fear that it may collapse on their heads. See the picture below.

PHOTO CREDIT: MUYIWA OGUNNAIKE'S BLOG

THIS IS FACULTY OF EDUCATION

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 10:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
MORE

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
MORE Faculty of social sciences, law, administration. These ones are joined together by an over head pedestrian. Adjacent to EDUCATION. They are in triplets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Dunsin89(m): 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
Wey the picsna? Abi dhis one dey maad ni? Just creating some unnecessary undue attention. Weyrey oshi

15 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Greyworld: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
So where are the women now?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Dariye(m): 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
did you take the pictures with a Nokia 3310? grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Dunsin89:
Wey the picsna?
Bad network be patient.

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Kondomatic(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2016
Video or audio record of the women's voice or uncle lie is your role model.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Jadekitana(f): 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
Obafemi awolowo university has really beautiful structures! There's a building u guys call spider. The architects behind the construction of that building really did a fantastic job.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
Seun lalasticlala
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 11:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Jadekitana:
Obafemi awolowo university has really beautiful structures! There's a building u guys call spider. The architects behind the construction of that building really did a fantastic job.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2016
I knew this is what you were going to show us. I've been there several times. Wasn't admitted in OAU then though
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 12:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Dunsin89:
Wey the picsna? Abi dhis one dey maad ni? Just creating some unnecessary undue attention. Weyrey oshi
why are u abusing me? Don't u know that I am the creator of the official First thread on Nairaland in 2016? Don't let Mr seun catch you o.

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HighIQ(m): 12:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Kondomatic:
Video or audio record of the women's voice or uncle lie is your role model.
A lecturer of mine told us in Class some times ago. Are u saying my Lecturer is lying? Don't let my oga at the top catch you o

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by INTERMAN: 12:40am On Mar 10, 2016
GREAT IFE! This one is still a tip of an ice berg OAU shld be a tourist center in terms of structures. Even I'm sure an harvard university student won't stop been amazed at such epitome

10 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Standing5(m): 12:56am On Mar 10, 2016
A uni that 'sustains' the country but can't 'sustain' itself. I laugh.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 10, 2016
Engineering gone bad !

2 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tpiar: 4:03am On Mar 10, 2016
Una evil wishes are for yourselves alone.

@ op.

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by SolexxBarry(m): 6:01am On Mar 10, 2016
Lol,dont blame the women jor,it sure looks like a collapsing building

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by swizzdre(m): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2016
The day d building will really be collapsing, we shall still be amazed.

2 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2016
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
Great ife great ife africa's most beautiful campus we are consious, vigilant, progressive aluta against all oppresion forward ever, backward never for learning and culture sports and struggles great ife, I love you there's only one great ife in the universe another great ife is a counterfeit great! great! great! great! great!!!!!!!!!

God bless my alma mata...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by kunbit(f): 8:25am On Mar 10, 2016
Standing5:
A uni that 'sustains' the country but can't 'sustain' itself. I laugh.
Haters alert

4 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by INTERMAN: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2016
Benz4pimp:
We call those structures SPIDER......I rep awo hall "03
can you see your self. It is obvious u are calling yourself what you are not. Is that Spider building in your own eyes?

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2016
This is actually a uni that wasn't built with oyel money like our brothers will say,it was built with COCOA money.and that man,that special man that went to borrow money from odotola and was not given built it..that very special man, snr apostle,rev ,father , bishop, dr, lawyer ,his excellency, his royal highness,commander in cheif,the nightmare of some people,his royal majesty OBAFEMI AWOLOWO built it.

Abeg make una save una bashing o,he too early to dey bash abeg.

15 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2016
Benz4pimp:
We call those structures SPIDER......I rep awo hall "03
oga that is not spider o,spider belong to the engineering faculty,don't remember the specific department. I was there once
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
can you see your self. It is obvious u are calling yourself what you are not. Is that Spider building in your own eyes?
no mind the guy jaree,he never reach OAU before,he just wan claim wetin him no be
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by isacolukay(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2016
southniyikaye:
oga that is not spider o,spider belong to the engineering faculty,don't remember the specific department. I was there once

Spider House has departments like Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Metallurgical and Materials engineering.

Chai,
Great IFE

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by HemmanuelRichy(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2016
Your Camera tho..

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by LouisBERG: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2016
Nice architectural structures.. #caLLmeBERG
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by INTERMAN: 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
swizzdre:
The day d building will really be collapsing, we shall still be amazed.
the buildings in oau were predicted to last for life according to the builders

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study / Some Funny School Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.