Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) (41696 Views)

Ifeanyichukwu Ezumah: IMSU Graduate 'Biggie' Dies After Collapsing In Imo (Pics) / Costume Week Of The Faculty Of Law, OAU (Photos) / Pictures Of Nice Structures In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by JhimmySpark(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Cool structures.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by INTERMAN: 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
HighIQ:
Seun lalasticlala
abeg carry Great Ife to front page jare Wetin sef
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by sukkot: 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
this nigga took the picture with a camera used by moses and aaron in biblical days

2 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by RobinHez(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
HighIQ:
A lecturer of mine told us in Class some times ago. Are u saying my Lecturer is lying? Don't let my oga at the top catch you o

I hate it when people make such statements @bolded.

Your lecturer is human right? undecided
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by FreemanDave(m): 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
Fynestboi I hope this wont collapse oh....
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by MrAboki: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
What is amazing about that? undecided
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by shamecurls(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
This university is old, it shud be giving to Fulani herdsmen as a grazing ranch.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by goodnews777: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
The design is ill advised. Why not build something straight that can stand the test of time. This structure is still subject to damages whenever there is any fierce earth movement.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by texazzpete(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
These have to be the crappiest camera phone pics I've seen in a long while.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Ijaya123: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Great OAU. The most beautiful university in black Africa.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Civic center in Lagos stole this design

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Vivly(f): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
Who took these pictures? You or the building?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by delors(m): 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
Faculties of Administration, Law, Social Sciences and Education are exceptional architectural masterpieces. Admin basement is awesome at night esp with the lights blending d wall colours.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tunatrezy(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
Na wa o, school b like temple... ThankGod fø̲̣̣я̅ unilag
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Blackops(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
GREAT IFE! This one is still a tip of an ice berg OAU shld be a tourist center in terms of structures. Even I'm sure an harvard university student won't stop been amazed at such epitome
Seems its been long since you came to OAU last. Go to the Hall of Residence esp the Male and for the freshers; Moz and Angola, then go to First BankLT and other lecture theatres esp AUD 1 and 2 you will weep. The Harvard student would be like 'this is bull shit'
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by modath(f): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
Of the greatest gbagba!!

Of the greatest gbogbo!!

Oba Awon Unifasiti toh badt! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by SaintRobs: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
INTERMAN:
the buildings in oau were predicted to last for life according to the builders
Haba! I'm a great Ife too,heard it will last for 'five hundred years',though. *coughs.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by amanze15(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
old money!!!! NIgeria would be great again
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
namedonfinish:
Great ife
great ife
africa's most beautiful campus
we are consious, vigilant, progressive
aluta against all oppresion
forward ever, backward never
for learning and culture
sports and struggles
great ife, I love you
there's only one great ife in the universe
another great ife is a counterfeit
great! great! great! great! great!!!!!!!!!

God bless my alma mata...
Ehn??

Chill, abeg. It's just a University nah. you fit marry am?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by delors(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Phlegmwash:
Civic center in Lagos stole this design
Yeah, I thought so too when I first saw d civic center
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by delors(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
goodnews777:
The design is ill advised. Why not build something straight that can stand the test of time. This structure is still subject to damages whenever there is any fierce earth movement.
It's actually standing on a rock. Unless the earth movement moves d rock there would be no effect on d building,and marginal if there ll be at all.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by flowjoe: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
very very basic architecture, nothing amazing about it
nairaland With their misleading captions angry
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by 2n2k(m): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2016
goodnews777:

That education building (the one painted in yellow colour) was built in the 60s, only Humanities buildings are older than it. The Faculty of Administration building, the first of the triplets was opened in 1972 while the Law and Social Sciences buildings joined 10 years later. They have stood and will stand test of time.

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Harfisco(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
southniyikaye:
oga that is not spider o,spider belong to the engineering faculty,don't remember the specific department. I was there once

its arround agricultural engineering department
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by shotgun22(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Jadekitana:
Obafemi awolowo university has really beautiful structures! There's a building u guys call spider. The architects behind the construction of that building really did a fantastic job.
u must b a mortal kombat freak.. Cus of d name.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by MCMXCVIII(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kondomatic:
Video or audio record of the women's voice or uncle lie is your role model.
heheheheeeee..#TeamRealProve
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Mike008(m): 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nice but not fanciful.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by sucess001(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
what exactly is special about this?

ok i understand...the OP is a jambite!

angry angry angry angry
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
The main reason that we have many collaped brains in Naija.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by ogbanje1(f): 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Architectural masterpiece.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
tunatrezy:
Na wa o, school b like temple... ThankGod fø̲̣̣я̅ unilag
r u a stdent of unilag
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by write2obi(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
Jadekitana:
Obafemi awolowo university has really beautiful structures! There's a building u guys call spider. The architects behind the construction of that building really did a fantastic job.
Picure or.. .....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Subject Do You Think Is Going On? (Hilarious Photo) / Crisis In UNN Between Post Graduate And Under Graduate Students Today(photos) / Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.