Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,628 members, 7,823,762 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) (41705 Views)

Ifeanyichukwu Ezumah: IMSU Graduate 'Biggie' Dies After Collapsing In Imo (Pics) / Costume Week Of The Faculty Of Law, OAU (Photos) / Pictures Of Nice Structures In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by router123(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Are u in OAU? Looking for a good Accomodation off campus? It's located @ fawole street rd 7 second gate. Call 08131360160
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by onifademj(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
shamecurls:
This university is old, it shud be giving to Fulani herdsmen as a grazing ranch.

it's evident, that there's no university graduate in your family. ##stinking smellow
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
router123:
Are u in OAU? Looking for a good Accomodation off campus? It's located @ fawole street rd 7 second gate. Call 08131360160
nigga,price range?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by ManTiger(m): 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Spider
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Teempakguy:
Ehn??
Chill, abeg. It's just a University nah. you fit marry am?

yes oooo, I fit marry am oooo.... infact I fit born for am sef....lol
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by charlesbailey(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
who say make you go totorial school instead of uni.
prsn like you don find admission like five times for ife but dem no gree accept you, come start dey hate.

OAU is not for everybody. if it were,it will not be 'GREAT'!!!
Standing5:
A uni that 'sustains' the country but can't 'sustain' itself. I laugh.

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Donnetimmy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
OAU has radio station?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Emblj: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2016
Lacomus:
Engineering gone bad !

Eeya! Obviously you dont have an engineering background. If only you know the quality of engineering that is involved in constructing those amazing structures. You would apologize without hessitation for that statement.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by hallelluyah(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
namedonfinish:
Great ife
great ife
africa's most beautiful campus
we are consious, vigilant, progressive
aluta against all oppresion
forward ever, backward never
for learning and culture
sports and struggles
great ife, I love you
there's only one great ife in the universe
another great ife is a counterfeit
great! great! great! great! great!!!!!!!!!

God bless my alma mata...
Greatest of the greatest of the greatest ....... .Ife!!!!! I remember those few years!
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
hallelluyah:

Greatest of the greatest of the greatest ....... .Ife!!!!! I remember those few years!

of d greatest gbagba!!!!!
of the greatest gbogbo!!!!
of the greatest shiwon!!!!

of the greatest ife, we rock...
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
hallelluyah:

of d greatest gbagba!!!!!
of the greatest gbogbo!!!!
of the greatest shiwon!!!!

of the greatest ife, we rock...
Donnetimmy:
OAU has radio station?
[quote author=hallelluyah post=43659478]
yes, its called great fm. can't remember the frequency though...
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Mackson01: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2016
Collapse for where? That is the design of that building. That is my usual reading point when I was in OAU as a medical student
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by mostwantedguy: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
OP u need flogging! Attention seeker oshi.....What can you say of this building then?

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
Emblj:

Eeya! Obviously you dont have an engineering background. If only you know the quality of engineering that is involved in constructing those amazing structures. You would apologize without hessitation for that statement.
lol, why has the world tallest building not collapsed yet ? Let me help yu with the answer it's because it's was built by competent engineers !

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2016
Just slanting columns...it will not collapse.It's a standard design built to international standards

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 12:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Humanities building... also inverted but no columns on the facade

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 12:43am On Mar 11, 2016
Library

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 12:45am On Mar 11, 2016
Pic 1.Senate building in the background viewed from the Amphi-theatre
Pic 2. Senate building access
Pic 3. Walkway

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2016
Cafeteria turned reading hall

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2016
You must be a bloody Jambite to be snapping and posting this pictures.

SO what if the buildings are slanting. If you had posted the bat infested trees behind the building, you would be posting something more interesting. Do you know how many of us have passed through that schol already?

I wonder what your GP will be
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Emblj: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lacomus:
lol, why has the world tallest building not collapsed yet ? Let me help yu with the answer it's because it's was built by competent engineers !

Now i understand where u r talking from. These buildings are not collapsing . These are d original designs.these structures were designed like these , built like these and remained like these . With ages ranging btw 44 - 54 yrs old.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
tushbobo:
u b bloody jambito....MTchew
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
tushbobo:
u b bloody jambito....MTchew make turn it to food lol
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
Ganoderma:
You must be a bloody Jambite to be snapping and posting this pictures.

SO what if the buildings are slanting. If you had posted the bat infested trees behind the building, you would be posting something more interesting. Do you know how many of us have passed through that schol already?

I wonder what your GP will be
gbam# c finishin'

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by mytym(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2016
Jadekitana:
Obafemi awolowo university has really beautiful structures! There's a building u guys call spider. The architects behind the construction of that building really did a fantastic job.

Actually, the Israelis who built OAU according to records had combined majors. A double degree in Structural Engineering and Architecture so you're not completely wrong.
However, one should know that the integrity of any architectural design is largely dependent on the genius of the Structural Engineer who comes up with a structural design that not only preserve the aesthetics of the architect's design, but also takes care of any forceable fractures and failures that may result from the adventurous expression of the architect.
This is because not all architectural design are structurally feasible, however with the help of technology professionals are pushing boundaries forth and setting new limits.

OAU structures are classical and will endure for a time to come, Architects do NOT construct, Engineers do...

1 Like

Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2016
Emblj:

Now i understand where u r talking from. These buildings are not collapsing . These are d original designs.these structures were designed like these , built like these and remained like these . With ages ranging btw 44 - 54 yrs old.
yu mean the OP is wrong ?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by Jadekitana(f): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
mytym:

Actually, the Israelis who built OAU according to records had combined majors. A double degree in Structural Engineering and Architecture so you're not completely wrong.
However, one should know that the integrity of any architectural design is largely dependent on the genius of the Structural Engineer who comes up with a structural design that not only preserve the aesthetics of the architect's design, but also takes care of any forceable fractures and failures that may result from the adventurous expression of the architect.
This is because not all architectural design are structurally feasible, however with the help of technology professionals are pushing boundaries forth and setting new limits.

OAU structures are classical and will endure for a time to come, Architects do NOT construct, Engineers do...

Architects or structural engineers, whichever body built it did a nice job, that's all that matters! No need for all these detailed explanations.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
seanwilliam:

u b bloody jambito....MTchew
make turn it to food lol

Gained admission into OAU in the nineties. So how does that make me a jambito. By the way your post doesn't communicate anything.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tpiar: 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
Is structural engineering offered in Nigerian universities?
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tushbobo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
tpiar:
Is structural engineering offered in Nigerian universities?

Yes... why do you ask.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by tpiar: 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2016
tushbobo:

Yes... why do you ask.

I wasnt sure.
Re: The Amazing "Collapsing" Structures Inside OAU (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
tushbobo:

Gained admission into OAU in the nineties. So how does that make me a jambito. By the way your post doesn't communicate anything.
i just dey 4low u play ni.god bles u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each / Black SA Teacher Assaulted At School in China, Left With Black Eye! (PICS) / Top 10 Courses Most Nigerian Students Were Forced To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.