Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Experience Today At A Filling Station - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Today At A Filling Station (17040 Views)

Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos) / People At A Filling Station With Their Generators In Kebbi State (Photo) / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by diegwu01: 11:45am On Mar 10, 2016
elveco:
Due to a long queue in one of the filling station in Lagos this evening, I decided to buy fuel in my 20 litre galon. When it was my turn, I told the attendant to sell fuel of N2000 to me and she said that out of the N2000 that she will sell fuel of N1800 to me. I objected and told her that N200 is much that she should take N100, which she accepted and supposedly dispensed fuel of N1900 into the gallon.

The point here is that the fuel is a little bit above half of the gallon. Fuel of N1900 is supposed to be 21 litres plus. But it wasn't close to that.

Which way Nigeria?
Could this be part of the change?
Stop foling urself, are you dis ignorant?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by TenPassfour(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2016
Which stattion, I think we need to name them,pls kindly give details here.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Abukc(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2016
It will only take time,let endure for a while things will be better again!!!!!
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by oziegbep(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2016
grin
you never see anything yet,abi na una vote for change?
this is just the beginning
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Sijo01(f): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2016
Specialbaby:
Sorry but what do you expect us to do?

Probably to goand fight the pump attendant undecided
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by obaival(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2016
grin ; 1 Dchance
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by mightyhazel: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2016
I hope Nigeria survives all dese!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by crazyclown07(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2016
This is really the chain mantra we all yearn for
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by DaBullIT(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2016
Teejava:
Unfortunately, Its very normal in Lagos
Some attendants will even attempt to shortchange you right in your presence.
I always keep my eyes fixed on the meter, but even at that nko? I hear they calibrate the meters to shortchange us.

Now dahs wah i call double short changing

OP is trying to sound like it's a strange or new practice authorized by Buhari and some erdyots already are blaming change / Buhari

Truth like this goes a long way every now and then, to pull down walls of lies and propaganda PDP has put in place to discredit Buhari for everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by kennyok(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2016
why are we always quick at catching blames on buhari,wen in the real sence we nd our so called mentality is to be questioned ...many people making quicktime money at the detriment of others will die as poor men..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by tonio2wo: 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
callJesu:
My country will survive

survive how?
1979 was better than 1980, 1980 better than 81, 81 better than 82 ...................2014 better than 2015
now just 3 months into 2016 worst than the whole of 2015.

how is the survival going to take place??
all this courtesy of bad leaders.

just tired.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by stifej: 11:56am On Mar 10, 2016
some gullible folks will easily blame the government for this, The bad habit has been on for more than 4 years now. You guys should use una sense at times
...OP you are just one mischievous fucking bastard.. Can u swear by that this is happening in d first time in d country? and did it just start under this regime? You are the kind of guy that will blame Buhari for your weak erection.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
elveco:
Due to a long queue in one of the filling station in Lagos this evening, I decided to buy fuel in my 20 litre galon. When it was my turn, I told the attendant to sell fuel of N2000 to me and she said that out of the N2000 that she will sell fuel of N1800 to me. I objected and told her that N200 is much that she should take N100, which she accepted and supposedly dispensed fuel of N1900 into the gallon.

The point here is that the fuel is a little bit above half of the gallon. Fuel of N1900 is supposed to be 21 litres plus. But it wasn't close to that.

Which way Nigeria?

Well, we can blame PMB and company for not telling us how they intend to build new refineries.We could also blame them for refusing to remove fuel subsidy....which would have allowed fuel suppliers to fix their prices, and import fuel easily with enough cash....and while prices at the pump would have risen, they would have fallen via competition.

But you cannot blame PMB or GEJ or anyone for the corrupt antics of a petrol station attendant.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by PatientVulture: 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ofatfoed:
but u voted him in, so why complaining now?
use sense na ...na Buhari sell the fuel

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Johnrake69: 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Just #200 and you're complaining. A week ago, I boarded an Okeyson bus going to Enugu, and the driver had to stop at Forte filling station at sangamu to buy fuel. We were on queue for about an hour and when it finally got to our turn, the fuel attendant demanded that we pay #500 as bribe before selling for us. And the driver agreed but, that was not enough, he still demanded for another #500 bribe to sell for us in the Jerry can. It was terrible. The driver said over his dead body will he pay extra #500 and that he will fight it till we get to the police station or possibly the army barracks. Meanwhile per liter was #100 and not too long the all the whole tout in the area started coming out to support the fuel attendant, it was an eyesore. Even the manager came out to support the fuel attendant. Gradually the place became crowded and the manager now collected the #500 for the bus and we left without paying the extra #500.

The govt should just deregulate the downstream and give licence to the local refiners. That is the only way to solve this problem. We can't have oil and be going through all this.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by omocheche(f): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
The change is a gradual process not an over night thing but if you ask me again I will ask you wetin dollar go find inside pure water?
elveco:

Which way Nigeria?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by omocheche(f): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
Pele... It is well
tonio2wo:

survive how?
1979 was better than 1980, 1980 better than 81, 81 better than 82 ...................2014 better than 2015

just tired.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by EllaD101(f): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
I hope we will survived this change. In my area is #150 per litre.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by tete7000(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
elveco:

Threaten him with Baba body language or report him to the ineffective petroleum minister. Whichever you choose should work. cheesy
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by joey150(m): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
you are clearly the mumu here for not having common sense.
Your own is to open thread and bash government..and you couldnt even buy a correct 21litre fuel with your own money.
Your kind no fit run poultry sef. Your blabbing at govt trying to manage 200million people...RUBBISH!
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by otokx(m): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
CHANGE starts from you and me. Is it BUHARI that asked the filling station to under dispense petrol and collect bribe on top?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by agog: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Why hiding their identify? Please, mention the filling station so that Nairalanders will be wary of them.

elveco:

Which way Nigeria?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Funny how when u shout apcccc nd APC zombies refuse to echo change
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Moistpaws: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
People with blame-shifting mentality. Let's be objective.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by bigfather(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
lonelydora:
We have a Consumer Protection Commission, find their office in your area and report the filling station and attendant.

But Op, which planet are you from?

Consumer Protection Agency Lol....can they even protect themselves !

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by ndcide(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
What did passingshot say in those long threads he opened last year.

What has changed.

Some have told us sabotage is the reason. The same people never believed the last government had sabotage.

What I see here is ineptitude QED
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ofatfoed:
Was it the president that sold petrol to him?
You Igbos and wailers can take advantage of every situation to wail,my advice to you is keep wailing,but you shall wail for the next eight years.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by undigeh: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nigerians wanted CHANGE, but APC brought CHAIN and chained their sources of comfort and convenient.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by pdpchangeapc(m): 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
tonio2wo:

survive how?

just tired.

My thought though
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by twf1: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Half fuel is better than none! cheesy
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Anijay1212(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ofatfoed:
He voted in the currupt fuel attendant bah? So if pesin tiff finish na PMB u go still blame.SMH...
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
very common in Lagos.

Lagos don tire me sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha Inspects Ongoing Works In Owerri As Kids Show Him Love (pics) / Adams Oshiomhole To Face Further DSS Questioning Punch / Magu: Panel Widens Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.