Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

My Experience Today At A Filling Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Today At A Filling Station (17041 Views)

Obiano Tours First Ultra Modern 24/7 Filling Station In Anambra (photos) / People At A Filling Station With Their Generators In Kebbi State (Photo) / My Experience Today With A Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by salveoP(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
tonio2wo:

survive how?
1979 was better than 1980, 1980 better than 81, 81 better than 82 ...................2014 better than 2015
now just 3 months into 2016 worst than the whole of 2015.

how is the survival going to take place??
all this courtesy of bad leaders.

just tired.
A million likes... Things will never be the same , advancing from bad to worse. That's d trend everywhere....
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Ameena(f): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
tonio2wo:

survive how?
1979 was better than 1980, 1980 better than 81, 81 better than 82 ...................2014 better than 2015
now just 3 months into 2016 worst than the whole of 2015.
how is the survival going to take place??
all this courtesy of bad leaders.
just tired.

Wow....u just hit the nail on the head! Things are going worse by the day. Just praying for a miracle....life shouldn't be this hard....it just shouldn't be!
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by ronaldbecky(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2016
Specialbaby:
Sorry but what do you expect us to do?

..to help give back his money or to give him fuel
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by opribo(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please for God's sake Buhari and his inept Kachikwu should call madam Dieziani and ask her how she kept the country moving and flowing with petroleum. Since they have been unable to prosecute anybody only Lai and his mouth has found them guilty as charged.

The suffering in the land has become unbearable. I don't know what we did to them. They and their families enjoy light, fuel, and aircon 24/7. Their children enjoy uninterrupted studies in the UK, yet they deny us forex, deny us good roads, deny us good hospitals but the sneak out quietly for medical attention abroad. They deny us adequate security of hard earned property but they buy bullet proof cars. They call our people dying daily under boko soft target.

if you push the people to the wall, be sure they will fight back. The day of the people no army in the world have been known to stop them.They had better do things properly or be ready to face the masses.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by munchi(m): 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
burn down the fuel station......or don't complain anymore
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by udemzyudex(m): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trachea:
It is very unfortunate that people with little minds will blame the government for everything. Is Buhari the petrol attendant? Take up your case with the relevant authorities and follow up. But of course you won't. You would rather prefer to blame the easiest target- government.

Smh.... If the minister of petroleum which is Buhari is working, do u think there will be fuel scarcity? Big mind.. Smh
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by silversonuc(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Specialbaby:

ma sista same question i was gan ask him o
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by seangy4konji: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Unless you are making it big. Once you can pay for accommodation and have change to survive till something good comes out,you need to get a good visa to a good country and leave thrash for lawma.

U don't even need fuel cos the road transport network is good and electricity will meet go off.
Abi na food?

Yapa

My 2 cent.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by silversonuc(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
ifyalways:
This is not new na especially in Lagos. If you want to buy fuel in anything excluding a car's fuel tank, be ready to pay for more or get less than your money worth.

shikena
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by silversonuc(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
lonelydora:
We have a Consumer Protection Commission, find their office in your area and report the filling station and attendant.

But Op, which planet are you from?
frm ur post i was gon ask if u are sure u r nigerian b4 i saw ur ? To op

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by chronique(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Same thing I experIenced yesterday night.
elveco:
Due to a long queue in one of the filling station in Lagos this evening, I decided to buy fuel in my 20 litre galon. When it was my turn, I told the attendant to sell fuel of N2000 to me and she said that out of the N2000 that she will sell fuel of N1800 to me. I objected and told her that N200 is much that she should take N100, which she accepted and supposedly dispensed fuel of N1900 into the gallon.

The point here is that the fuel is a little bit above half of the gallon. Fuel of N1900 is supposed to be 21 litres plus. But it wasn't close to that.

Which way Nigeria?
Could this be part of the change?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by bremmery: 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
Cheating has been all round biz at filling station over years. It hasn't just started. To turn things right, we need to change our bad attitude towards one another.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by BabaO2: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ofatfoed:
but u voted him in, so why complaining now?
You are embarrassing Jonathan anytime you are saying this, who could have voted instead? The whole of african leaders and serious world leaders were relieved that incompetent and the international embarrassment president of the most powerful black nation was voted out.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Was it the president that sold petrol to him?
You Igbos and wailers can take advantage of every situation to wail,my advice to you is keep wailing,but you shall wail for the next eight years.
well,wailing is not my portion IJN. The guy was asking if this is part of the change, and i simply replied to his question and here u are wailing.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by khattab02: 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trachea:
It is very unfortunate that people with little minds will blame the government for everything. Is Buhari the petrol attendant? Take up your case with the relevant authorities and follow up. But of course you won't. You would rather prefer to blame the easiest target- government.
thank you bros! You have said it all... Many people here are just gullible. I thought the Op will say something better until he blamed change. Cheating of litres of fuel at petrol station has been going on since when I can remember especially in OBJ's time.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by blackprowler: 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trachea:

Nigerians have no clue how a modern state works. They were brought up their whole lives to believe everything starts and ends with government
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by blackprowler: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
bremmery:
Cheating has been all round biz at filling station over years. It hasn't just started. To turn things right, we need to change our bad attitude towards one another.

No difference. Same thing is in my diary - I made same conclusion. You know the year? 1992 or 3. The more things change, the more they remain the same!
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by bidak(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
but u voted him in, so why complaining now?
[What has the story got to do with him an attendant shortchange op and that is suppose to be the president fault abi during other administrations was there no fuel scarity or increasement in fuel price ]
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by pitastephen: 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
Your own better na.......i Paid N200 to drive into the filling station somewhere in lagos, like that wasn't enough, was supposedly going to get a fuel of N4000, i was told by the attendant that i will have to N500 just to fuel my car.....

Abeg which way Naija??
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by pitastephen: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Your own better na.......i Paid N200 to drive into the filling station somewhere in lagos, like that wasn't enough, was supposedly going to get a fuel of N4000, i was told by the attendant that i will have to N500 just to fuel my car.....

Which way Naija?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by azeecoboy(m): 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
Trachea:
buh he doesnt blame anyone here!
he only shared his experience
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Donpizzle(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
Specialbaby:

Urinate inside the gallon.... wink
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by elveco: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Its unfortunate dat many has resulted to insult nd so on. It is a case of d machine dispensing fr eg; 20 litres nd u c coresping amnt at d oficial price of N86.50 while u find abt 11 litres in d galon. D previous day, I bought N2000 fuel in a diff filling station in d same neighbourhood nd d guage was close to whr 1000 fuel gets to. It is presently a comon practice. In 2 days, I spent N4000 fr fuel instead of usual N2000.

Anyway, the regulatory authority shld plz do smtin abt this. U might nt understand, bt dis is pure criminality. Its nt abt blamin d govt bt somtin hs 2 b done to stop d practice
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by danxzy: 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
do u think buhari can stop curruption in nigeria? if he want to stop it ten more commissioner will be pointed, example commissioner of soup bcux little childrn thief from mama,s soup.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by hotdi(m): 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
How did Buhari become the owner or manager of that fuel station?
Nigerians just derive pleasure in celebrating corruption.
Instead of standing for ur right u blame it on CHANGE.
Even u that gave the N100, are u not corrupt?
Is the N100 not a bribe to allow u buy in gallon?
mtttchheeeeeew Nigerians with hide and seek mentality.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by uboma(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
ifyalways:
This is not new na especially in Lagos. If you want to buy fuel in anything excluding a car's fuel tank, be ready to pay for more or get less than your money worth.

Even when you want to fuel your car, some Petrol Stations are known to have tampered with their dispensing metres.

Personally i dont patronize any Total Petrol Station.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
elveco:
Due to a long queue in one of the filling station in Lagos this evening, I decided to buy fuel in my 20 litre galon. When it was my turn, I told the attendant to sell fuel of N2000 to me and she said that out of the N2000 that she will sell fuel of N1800 to me. I objected and told her that N200 is much that she should take N100, which she accepted and supposedly dispensed fuel of N1900 into the gallon.

The point here is that the fuel is a little bit above half of the gallon. Fuel of N1900 is supposed to be 21 litres plus. But it wasn't close to that.

Which way Nigeria?

This was thesame story under Babangida, Abacha and the holy Obasanjo ( Mr advicer ). But when Jonathan and Madam Diezani Madueke came and fuel was dispensed at the official pump price of N97, the sufferisticated people and Arewas who thought they were wiser than all, called Jonathan CLUELESS..

Thank God it is happening to all of us. Now who is more corrupt ? I buy at N140 per litre under Buhari but Jonathan sold N97 per litre to me.

Abeg multiply N43 by 400million litres per day. I dont talk too much.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 11, 2016
Naughtysite:

This was thesame story under Babangida, Abacha and the holy Obasanjo ( Mr advicer ). But when Jonathan and Madam Diezani Madueke came and fuel was dispensed at the official pump price of N97, the sufferisticated people and Arewas who thought they were wiser than all, called Jonathan CLUELESS..

Thank God it is happening to all of us. Now who is more corrupt ? I buy at N140 per litre under Buhari but Jonathan sold N97 per litre to me.

Abeg multiply N43 by 400million litres per day. I dont talk too much.

Actually, fuel was dispensed at higher than the official price under GEJ too......I know for a fact that in 2014/15 I bought fuel at N111 in Kaduna, my parents bought fuel at N170 in Niger State...and in the East it was N150 and above in some places.

It was only in Abuja and Lagos that one actually got fuel at the official price.

And people protested at N97 per liter because the price rose from N65 per liter...and it was the fourth price rise since 2000. Tribe had nothing to do with it.

Anyway.....GEJ should have removed fuel subsidy completely. Problem is....Nigerians love cheap fuel.....and marketers as a result find it difficult to supply fuel at the official price....when they are importing fuel at much higher prices.(Infact, the subsidy thieves GEJ tried to prosecute were being prosecuted for claiming money for fuel they did not import....which they did because they needed to make a profit, and subsidy was not allowing them to do so.).

PMB should remove fuel subsidy. That is the only way we can end fuel crisis.....while we build five new refineries.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2016
opribo:
Please for God's sake Buhari and his inept Kachikwu should call madam Dieziani and ask her how she kept the country moving and flowing with petroleum. Since they have been unable to prosecute anybody only Lai and his mouth has found them guilty as charged.

We still HAD the same fuel queues under GEJ and Diezani too.

And the reason is quite simple.....Nigerians refused to allow the removal of subsidy. As a result.....petrol marketers became dependent on government to import fuel (which was selling at high prices)....and many took loans from the bank to import fuel. And when the banks stopped letting them have loans.....problems started.

Subsidy must go.
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by eagleonearth(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
elveco:

Which way Nigeria?
op, wot was d price of a litre at the station?
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by toastim99: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
naija lawa
Re: My Experience Today At A Filling Station by datigbogirl: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
elveco:

Which way Nigeria?

The attendant no even follow you argue...hin just do wetin dey hin mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Will Sweep Obiano Out In 2017 –ngige / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / Kano LP Gov Candidate, Bashir Ishaq Bashir Collapses Structure Into APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.