Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,206 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW (25530 Views)

Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Mixed Fortunes As Electricity Generation Hits 4,068MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by ajebuter(f): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:

Kia!!! no be only your hands Fashola fall. if you don't disengage your unholy romance with him your arsenal and bakasi stands at risk of also falling.

Oga Aboki, abeg free my former governor and my bakassi jare...
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by SleekAboki: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
ajebuter:

Oga Aboki, abeg free my former governor and my bakassi jare...
Nne, your lover boy power minister has thrown the republic into darkness. You should protest by withdrawing his access to your arsenal and bakasi. The republic will appreciate you for this.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by ajebuter(f): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:

Nne, your lover boy power minister has thrown the republic into darkness. You should protest by withdrawing his access to your arsenal and bakasi. The republic will appreciate you for this.

The guy no represent my state well jare.. na fall hander him be..

Anyway, that is the trademark of APC..

'Fall handers' of their zombies.. grin grin grin
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by SleekAboki: 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
ajebuter:

The guy no represent my state well jare.. na fall hander him be..

Anyway, that is the trademark of APC..

'Fall handers' of their zombies.. grin grin grin
So you omo eko, an iPoo? quite unusual milady!
To see a vocal honest Nigerian speaking and standing up to her truth regardless of the consequences. You have shown strength of character and earned my Respect.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by ajebuter(f): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:

So you omo eko, an iPoo? quite unusual milady!
To see a vocal honest Nigerian speaking and standing up to her truth regardless of the consequences. You have shown strength of character and earned my Respect.

Thanks.

I am yoruba from lagos state, and known to be blunt without caring about how others feel afterall democracy thrives on variety.

I am also strongly anti APC despite its popularity in my home state.

Lastly, I am a staunch beliver that the only state where this APC experiment works slightly is Lagos state and that is because we are multiply-taxed and they have no other option than to work for our tax.

Peace.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Achorise: 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Buhari swallow your pride and ask Jonathan, the way out.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by UyiIredia(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
WiseBully:
Presently I only get an hour of power every other day. It's pathetic!

You are lucky. I haven't seen light this week. And before I that light was off and on.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by legendsilver(m): 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
We are on the right track, the sun will rise again soon. I trust my leaders. Sai osinbajo Sai Buhari Sai Nigeria grin
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Jokkarm: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ikeja electricity dis Comp, since you are sorry for the inconveniences this might cause, we the customers are also sorry for not paying this month bill pending when you will fix the light
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by SleekAboki: 2:26pm On Mar 10, 2016
ajebuter:

Thanks.

I am yoruba from lagos state, and known to be blunt without caring about how others feel afterall democracy thrives on variety.

I am also strongly anti APC despite its popularity in my home state.

Lastly, I am a staunch beliver that the only state where this APC experiment works slightly is Lagos state and that is because we are multiply-taxed and they have no other option than to work for our tax.

Peace.
You've spoken so well milady.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by fio(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Fortunately for Nigeria I have an idea to solve this problem

lay the pipe line on the road path so that it can easily be watched or subsea pipeline systems
before u shout I have done a project on this and will forward if need be

With those pipe lines passing the bushes there is no way we can save guard them completely
It's an expensive project but desperate times calls for desperate measures

yes good idea, i think let the pipelines be underground just like we have them IF we can make surface outlines or markings so as to make its paths visible on drones.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Mavrick2012: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Progressive01:
They "has" failed right?? You should simply go back to your principal and ask for a refund of your tuition.

@post: What caused the system collapse?? Was it avoidable?? Whatever it is, resolving it asap is all Nigerians need.

I can see those very useless iPod Tadpoles getting all giddy over this as though they were just handed a few cents like beggars in Manhattan tube.

Smh.
"Avoidable".sir,pls cast ur mind back to cluelless GEJ's govt,the more they blame vandalisation for the sorry state of power supply the more you called him "clueless".sir,why this double standard na?
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by 9JABETWORLD: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
When are we going to be focus on delivering expected democracy dividends to the electorate . prices of everything in the market is in the rising trend. #fromchangetochain

www.nairaland.com/2980050/how-win-100million-1960bet-just#43615568
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Mavrick2012: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Progressive01:
The Ineffectual Buffoon handed over an electricity capacity of about 900MW with the entire nation in darkness while fuel was selling for over 250 naira a litre and 400 in some cases, these useless iPork shrimps didn't as much as sneeze a disapproval. Today, they crawl out of their dens like Tasmanian devils in hibernation to waank all over the place at the sound of a bad news.

The thunder you say should strike Baba and Tinubu would first strike the Ogogoro Buffoon, that Albino Faagoot in Kuje and then locate their middle of your useless brains and fry whatever maggots that lie in there.

Sick bastards.
But,immediately your "sai baba" took over power and electricity supply improved you were so quick to praise him.sir,how has your "sai baba" managed the constant power supply of 10 months ago?A RESPONSIBLE MANAGER IMPROVES ON EVERY SUCCESS!!!
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by ibietela2(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:

beremx is a nursing mother and deserves all the respect accorded a nursing woman.

Oby is a nice person both in content and container.

modath is a nice woman outside the forum but neither here nor there in the forum. she's always excused.

Ok
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by GBYB: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
mrvitalis:
Fortunately for Nigeria I have an idea to solve this problem

lay the pipe line on the road path so that it can easily be watched or subsea pipeline systems
before u shout I have done a project on this and will forward if need be

With those pipe lines passing the bushes there is no way we can save guard them completely
It's an expensive project but desperate times calls for desperate measures
In sane Countries, gas pipes nd even gas stations are not allowed to be or pass through residential/urban areas. Imagine having a blowout on third mainland bridge in Lagos on a Monday afternoon.
Don't present that your project in an international conference outside Africa because they will ask you where you are from.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Tex42(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
Validated:

Wetin Fashola go use address the nation? Gong or town criers?grin They say no light you are talking of addressing the nation, what will power the broadcast system?
guy u are really funny.

Honestly this administration has turned this country to a complete joke.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by blackprowler: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria's electricity demand: 160,000MW
National grid capacity. : 6,020MW
Peak performance this year: 5,074MW

Current performance. : 1,580MW

''Super Minister'' Babatunde Fashola should please respect Nigerians & address the nation!

I love summary
I love mathematics
I love logic
Makes things easy and clear
NIGERIA IS A JOKE!

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by mrvitalis(m): 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
GBYB:
In sane Countries, gas pipes nd even gas stations are not allowed to be or pass through residential/urban areas. Imagine having a blowout on third mainland bridge in Lagos on a Monday afternoon.
Don't present that your project in an international conference outside Africa because they will ask you where you are from.
Do u have any idea of what u are saying?
Are there not gas pipeline running to every house in London, new York are the likes??
Am a graduate of mechanical engineering and this is my field so please make Google ur friend
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by mrvitalis(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kennydoc:

So if a pipeline gets vandalised, the roads will ultimately be closed till repairs, otherwise people may be roasted as a result of fire incidents.
Do you think vandals can't do their activities in the dead of the night?
Again, did you consider the cost of laying the pipelines again, and the fact that that huge amount needs to be deployed into infrastructural development?
This idea is Base on the fact that it would be easy to station security me to patrol this roads at very short intervals at night mostly

It's more realistic than asking them to monitor pipes in the bushes or don't u think so
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by mrvitalis(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
HEIR:
subsea, very good idea along the coast line states. Although not feasible in landlocked regions like northern states.
Along the road is a very bad idea, considering safety. What if a drunk driver or any vehicle loss control and hits it? Nice thoughts though
Bro there are gas pipeline on the streets of any major city in the developed world
This is very feasible I know what am saying
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Kennydoc(m): 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2016
mrvitalis:

This idea is Base on the fact that it would be easy to station security me to patrol this roads at very short intervals at night mostly

It's more realistic than asking them to monitor pipes in the bushes or don't u think so

I get your point sha, but the risk is enormous. Any leakage into the road can be disastrous.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by mitcheldaniela5(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
A management consulting firm on the mainland is in need of a male/female with experience in business management;
Areas of Core strengths must be:-
• Business plan writing
• Business proposal writing
• Marketing plan
• Feasibility studies
• Marketing research.
Qualification: BSC/HND in management related course with 3 – 5years experience on the job, Salary very attractive with other benefits.
Send in your applications and Resumes to : damilola.odukoya@conedge.com.ng
All application letters should be sent on or before 15th March, 2016.
Call: 08060355850, 07033779949
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by mrvitalis(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kennydoc:

I get your point sha, but the risk is enormous. Any leakage into the road can be disastrous.
The pipe is to be buried below the road
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by favick: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
A country under curse
.....unknown to them....getting wat dey deserve.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 11, 2016
Where is this old fooolish man?

1 Like

Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 11, 2016
If you read certain key news publications, you'll know that this is somewhat of an agenda. The Western World wants Buhari to focus on ending Boko Haram and Buhari wants to fight corruption. As these two bogus ideas play out fruitlessly, Nigeria sinks further into the Dark Ages.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by Phame: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2016
Yekoyeko:
I stand by you and God bless you for the positive thinking. It's well with Nigeria!!!
amen!
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by yaki84: 9:07am On Mar 11, 2016
dassyslimmy:
y don't we criticise sensibly, d cause of epileptic power supply is d vandalization of pipe lines. nw let me say ar u all daft or senseless to notice DAT dis vandalism is done by Nigerians and nt buhari and his ministers. if u want electricity tell ur brothers to stop VANDALISM. Shikena. Thank God I leave close to EGBIN power PLC in ikorodu, and we get at least 16 hours power supply everyday even when Nigerians are complaining.

so during jonathan's time was it done by him n his ministers?
abeggi..... buhari now heads the central govt n d buck stops at his desk, he controls d armed forces of the federation so he has what it takes to secure the gaspipes n other lines that feeds the country. stop defending d indefensible it wont work. calling people daft also makes no meaning cos majority of nigerians r now in darkness. fashola said giving nigerians electricity all yr round is not rocket science, he now heads that ministry, let him show us what he has in his sleeves.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by yaki84: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2016
shamecurls:

Did u read the article to ascertain the cause before concluding?

U definitely did not?

why do clubs sack coaches instead of defenders or goalkeepers that make blunders leading to massive defeat?
d buck stop at the heads table so buhari shud deal with it, when we sensible people here advice buhari to desist from fighting tompolo n his gang when the economy isnt stable yet, the amala politicians were saying a new sheriff is on the block. so let d new sheriff, the voltron n superman do wonders lets see.
war dont solve problems instead it creates more. let buhari keep fighting tompolo n see how nigeria economy will be better.
Re: Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW by yaki84: 11:14am On Mar 11, 2016
agrovick:

Some of you really need to go out and experience the nation, the excuse about gas shortage is genuine. I currently reside in one of these riverine communities in the south south and the damage done to the pipeline by militants has even forced shell to stop their operations here, we are currently experiencing a black out here when normally light is always available 24/7 and the reason is because some idiots decided to go blow up the pipeline.
Now if buhari sends military personnel to go and blow them up to smithereens, it's you guys that will shout genocide. What exactly do you people want?

I want u to shut up!
u dont go to war with people who owns the resources ur budget n the entire economy of nigeria is relying on.
abeg tell ur mumu presido to send the entire armed forces to the creeks. he is now in power, the earlier d better.
rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / Buhari, Saraki Strike Deal Over $29.9b Loan Request / Kogi, Benue, Rivers Reject Nnamdi Kanu’s Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.