Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding (26047 Views)

President Buhari's Tribute To Late Ocholi / James Ocholi's Driver Dies In National Hospital,abuja / Melaye Arrived National Hospital In His Motorcycle To See Body Of Late Ocholi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by phillip001(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
I love nla,people with shallow mind and childish reasoning.why didn't the Minister use the seatbelt and do you think that the driver can force his oga to use it? Why should the minister tell the driver to spend up?if not he should have told the driver to slow down.s t u p I d country and citizens.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by ikorodureporta: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
FRSC shld be prosecuted for negligence. Are they saying they dnt check .VIPs if they pass the required road worthiness, now they'r blaming the defenseless #Oloshi!
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by owumzy(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
When he was over speeding was the minister sleeping?
I am just being inquisitive please
Assuming the driver was being urged on by the minister himself for him to catch up with an appointment in Abuja, who among the dead will testify in court now?
This kind case sha...

The dead R.I.P

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by kinwhite(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2016
ABeg leave trash for lawma. why cant the minister caution the driver.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by seangy4konji: 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
As you can see there are lots of mad men and women in our public offices.

Person don die dem wan sue am. Sorry but why were they not using seat belts. Maybe they would have come out with little injuries if they were cos airbag would have done its own little job.

Deed is done and the frsc boss must be a mad man.

Lunatic.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Remii(m): 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
jarkbauer:
Sue him and he will thrash you in the law court for "lack of evidence". How you wan prove overspeeding?
that car has brain box and can be analysed
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by zolajpower: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
how are we so sure if the minister was not the one that urge d driver to increase its speed how are we so sure if the minister was not the one that urge d driver to increase its speed
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Jokkarm: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
If the driver had died, and the man survived, will frsc sue the man for not cautioning his driver for over speeding ?
Frsc should also know that the driver did not employ him self to the minister , is either through the ministry or the minister . So the minister should be able to know if the man driving him is qualified or not. He should also be the one to control his driver if he s speeding or not.
Please frsc should just sue him for surviving since he s alive.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by uboma(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
bettercreature:
Cheated death? He must be prosecuted and jailed if he is still alive.We have to start doing the right thing in this country
prosecute him even if he is confirmed dead and chain his tomb if found guilty

And what will you do to the deceased minister, his wife and son who failed to caution the driver to take it easy on the pedals?

I am not condoning the driver's lack of driving expertise but why didnt the deceased minister caution him?

Even when i am in a public vehicle, i dont just allow the driver to do his thing? I drive along with him and caution him when need be. If he is not willing to listen to me, i simply ask to be dropped off at the next convenient place. No one should entrust his/her life to the hands of a driver or a medical doctor.

The FRSC should make it a point of duty to check the drivers of govt owned vehicles and diplomatic cars within the country. These set of drivers, because they are rarely stopped by security agents on the road, do not bother to renew their driver's Licenses.

Bi-annual refresher trainings on driving ethics should be organised by the FRSC for all drivers in the country. The work of the FRSC should not only be limited to flagging down vehicles to check for proper documentation and issuing car papers/plates.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by chukxie(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2016
What did the late minister and the other occupants in the car do when the driver was over-speeding? I'm sure the driver would've driven slower if his boss had cautioned him. Just say. Rest in peace to the dead. A lesson for the living: Over-speeding is dangerous; always wear your seatbelt..
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by 989900: 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
jarkbauer:
Sue him and he will thrash you in the law court for "lack of evidence". How you wan prove overspeeding?

I was gon' ask if the road has radar?
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by mikron(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
who was the poster that told us here that the driver also passed? that poster must also be arrested and prosecuted for lying to the good members of the forum
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by itoese(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
He said: “Information gathered revealed that the driver of the crashed vehicle was actually moving at excess of the stipulated speed when he had a tyre burst. “The crashed vehicle driver was driving too fast and he slammed on his brake so hard. These two factors materially contributed to the inability of the driver to maintain control when the left rear tyre burst. [color=#990000][/color]

FRSC does not have concrete evidence that the driver over speed or slammed on the brake so hard. These are mere assumptions.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by hotobo(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
The frsc is stupid. Arrest the driver for what? Overspending? Rubbish. The driving mode on a convey is always due to the boss instructions. The driver don't have a choice when his boss tell him he has to be somewhere within a sort time.

I am a convey driver to a pdp national assembly candidates for the last general election. I no the speed our boss make us speed even if it's not okay by us. We speed 160-180km from ughelli to asaba, ughelli to port, most times at night. I can remember bursting 3 tyres in 2weeks, being the leading pilot.

So saying the driver should be prosecuted they need to prosecute the minister.

Aside that the driver was totally responsible for the accident. I expect all convey drivers to be professional enough to handle acceleration issues.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by twentysixteen(f): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
D driver woke up from d dead, I thought they said he died on Monday, anyway it's good news, welcome back sir, u shall live a 100yrs.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Kakamorufu(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
DONSMITH123:
my brother forget FRSC. The did has already been done. They should focus on Ocholi's burial. Common sense should tell FG now that our Roads need total state of Emergency. those Road are death trap.

well you are right.. But kaduna abuja road is one of the good road in nigeria.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by darlenese(f): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Is the Oga wasn't enjoying the speed 'he would have causioned the driver ! I'm sure the Minister even ordered him to over speed !

The minister corpse should be prosecuted as well
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by tyav7: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
What if the driver was urged to hurry up so Oga would meet up with an engagement ? RIP to the dead.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by BabaO2: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
There is a speed limit in place
Where? Both the road safety and federal government are implicating themselves in this case, the driver was utilising the vehicle to its available potential, sorry to say, the late minister or the wife should have called the driver to order when he started gaining unacceptable momentum. Federal government supplied the cars, why cant they mechanically restrict the speed limit of all their vehicles? Road safety were to always be on the road to slow down over speeding vehicles, but where were they in this case?
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by shugaboy6102(m): 2:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
Sijo01:
Hope Mr. Minister , his wife and son will also be prosecuted for not using their seat belt.

If actually the driver was over speeding, why was he not cautioned by the Minister (boss) and his family?. If I can caution a commercial bus/cab driver to reduce his speed, I see no reason why a boss (Minister) did not caution his driver to reduce his speed. He should be persecuted too. He should also be persecuted for employing a non licensed driver.

The laws should not be for the poor alone
may God bless u for ur objectivity. U spoke my mind.Y cudnt the late minister caution d driver,somehow for that FRSC boss

2 Likes

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by muaa(f): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
xreal:
That's unnecessary. For someone who narrowly 'cheated' death in less than a week ago.

Dem for arrest the corpse of the late minister and his family for not having their seat belt on.

Mstcheeeeeeew!

If Michael Jackson's doctor can be tried and jailed for a crime he willingly didn't commit, then I ocholi driver too must be arrested. Wtf
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by jpphilips(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
First you said it was tyre now over speeding, incompetent fvcktards
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by KissCODE(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
xreal:
That's unnecessary. For someone who narrowly 'cheated' death in less than a week ago.

Dem for arrest the corpse of the late minister and his family for not having their seat belt on.

Mstcheeeeeeew!
these FRSC people funny oh. A man was without sit belt and they are blaming his death on a man who was on seat belt.

If it is really a case of over speeding why would the aid & the driver survive knowing fully well that both were sitted in the front seats of the said car. The minister died out ofexecutive carelessness. He couldnt obey simple safety rule. Put on your seat belt.

Road safety should leave to poor driver alone... He did no wrong by surviving the accident.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by KissCODE(m): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
WizyTechs:
It's time to implement the speed limit device especially on government officials vehicles.
Pardon the driver pls.

i dont see how the driver would be blamed when a man who suppose know refused to wear seat belt & died as a result ofbreaking the law of safety...

FRSC should go and sleep.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by zikclassiq(m): 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2016
absolute nonsense and stupid. Since when did they start to sue drivers? eh? sad
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Nonyeumeh: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
They should leave the guy abeg, is it because a politician is involved??
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by kaymighty2016(m): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
FG should just allow Ocholi corpse to rest.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by abwilly: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
FRSC cannot just stop to amaze me.

[size=14pt]What is the function of FRSC when the roads are not safe?
[/size]
I only know FRSC to be counting the number of accidents and dead bodies and also to arrest just for minor violations to make money.

What have they done about state of our roads that is destroying our vehicles day-in-day out. Based on circumstantial evidences, it is expected that the car of a Honourable Minister in Nigeria will be in top performance and maintenance. Therefore, the condition of the roads that the car is plying daily may have been responsible.

I lost brand new tyre (just one week old) purchased from a reputable outlet in Adeola Odeku (V/I) when I entered a pot-hole on the then (bad) Benin-Ore road. I had to change almost everything that was on the leg of the car. I wont be surprised if they (FRSC) will tell me that the tyre may be expired (am waiting to be charge to court also).

Let them charge the man to court and let us see if they were there when it happened or could provide enough evidence to confirm that it was actually over-speeding that led to the car somersaulting after a burst tyre.

I will also advice that the deceased should be charged to court for not wearing their seat belts as we read in some stories.

I also heard that the driver does not have a valid driver's license. This may be true as the personal driver of a Minister may not have the luxurious time to go through the cumbersome procedure of obtaining or renewing a license. They may tell us that the procedure is simple but you will know the truth if you have obtained one through the right process.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by shegsrules(m): 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
I wish d family d fortitude to bear d loss, but some times d way government officials drive in convoy u wonder if d got extra life or d used to f1 racing.
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by CONFU: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
grin.. This is highly impressive. They should find out more about the Driver. grin shocked
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by jbjustice(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
Dis FRSC don get reason why the speed limiting device should b implemented
Re: FRSC To Sue Late Ocholi’s Driver For Overspeeding by Nnabugwu8590: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2016
Why can't the FRSC ask how the driver was employed?; why can't they ask who employed the driver?
Cutoff the source of a problem and the problem will go forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency: Northern Youths Declare War On Cabal / Dambazau Visits Scene Of January 1 Rivers Killings (Photos) / Osun Election: Why Adeleke Is Leading Oyetola – APC Chieftain, Chidike Ukauwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.