Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,106 members, 7,860,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise (684 Views)

Buhari Has Only Fulfilled One Campaign Promise – Buharimeter / Edo 2016: Sheriff Should Forgive Us- PDP Lawmaker / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by Rapahael: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2016
A Lawmaker of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Mutiu Shadimu has said that his job at the lower chamber was to facilitate the burning needs of residents of his constituency and not to make donations.

Shadimu who represents Oshodi constituency 1, Lagos, Nigeria at the Federal House of Representatives told Greennews.ng that he was less concern about the criticisms of Oshodi people who had speculated that he (Shadimu) intends to use the promised electricity Transformer to get a second term in office.

Hon. Shadimu said: “I’m not going to donate a Transformer. Why should I donate a Transformer? What’s NEPA’s work if I have to donate a Transformer? Has anybody given us money?

“There is no harm in whatever they say about that. Their own is to have a Transformer. So whether I want to use it to campaign or not, there was someone there before. So, if the person didn’t do what he was supposed to do.

“I’m their representative. My own is to ensure that my people are satisfied and that’s why we are here”.

Asked if he will fulfill his promised electricity transformer to the people, Shadimu said: “I have done all I need to do on my own part. It’s left for the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) to do their work. I have done the necessary thing. It is the duty of the distribution company to provide transformer for the people. I have done my responsibility by writing them to do that. And they said that they are working on it”.

Oshodi Constituency 1, Lagos Nigeria with over twenty streets and a modern Idera Market had for over five years been living in what could be described as “unending darkness”. Some of these streets had been sharing, rotating, till date, one electricity Transformer.

Residents who endured the inadequate, “one day OFF/ON” electricity supply unanimously elected Hon. Shadimu of the PDP ahead of his main challenger Timothy Muyiwa Olabintan of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in the 2015 National Assembly elections with the hope of relegating this eyesore (electricity Transformer) to the back burner.

Re: I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by diasporaman(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2016
Politicians with their campaign lies. Buhari don teach am
Re: I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:29am On Mar 10, 2016
This was how Teslim Folarin of PDP took back the transformer he donated to an Oyo community after he lost in an election.
Re: I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by DONSMITH123(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2016
bunch of thieves..Folarin did same. not surprise thou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by nnachukz(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2016
He is outwardly PDP but inwardly APC, we can count many promises that Buhari and APC have either denied or made a U-turn on. Let's say this one being in APC dominated area has made him a fast learner.
Re: I Cannot Donate Transformer, PDP Lawmaker Makes U-turn On Campaign Promise by comos: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2016
which electoral campaign promises has APC members in Lagos State House of Assembly, fulfill ?

(1) (Reply)

Agatu Massacre: Genocide Against My People, Says Mark / Ganduje: We’re Ready To Fight Buhari’s Enemies / Channels News Why Show Tinubu's Wife Before Showing Saraki Trial Case.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.