Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

What's Your Favorite Name For God? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favorite Name For God? (21190 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Name/title For GOD / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by ifele(m): 2:28am On Nov 14, 2010
God's name in Hebrew is (Oruko eleda ni ede awon Hibru ni):

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh translated into English I AM WHO I AM
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by princessV1: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2011
ALL COMMENTS RREAD SO FAR SHOW THAT MAJORITY ADDRESS GOD BY TITLES NOT BY NAME.HE HAS A PERSONAL NAME.
JEHOVAH IS THE GREATEST NAME
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by tybanky(f): 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
Jehovah
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by tybanky(f): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2011
Ancient of day
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by kolaoloye(m): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2011
@tybanky,
You are very scarce these days ,I hope all is well.

@ OP
Alapanlatosoileayero. grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2011
Princess V.The OP is asking about one's favourite name for God not His personal name.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Iyineda(m): 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
Imaginary BFF.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by richgnome: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
Hi, the names of GOD are so many that we don't even know most of they, but we should all bear in mind that these are not HIS name,only titles,which represent a wonder HE has said or attributed to HIM by certain people because of the event at that particular guy,though i am new to this forum,i still have one or two things to say.

I on my own refer to HIM as the ETERNAL AND INFINITE SPIRIT, the Existence of Existences.

Now please people don't try to crucify Tudor he is my man, i mean i like him so much,he always add spice to this forum, Big up bro.

Again somebody mention Allah, and someone disapprove of it,please that is what he believes in,if he thinks and believes that Allah is one of GOD's name let him be.

And my brother SOWHAT77, thanks for you postings,that was awesome,but trust me, you got it twisted a bit, Jehovah is not the name of the ONE TRUE GOD, I studied Hebrew a bit and I know what I am say, I will post something for you to behold later,but for now PEACE and stay blessed.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by nkirubb: 9:44am On Mar 08, 2011
"THE GIVER OF GOOD GIFT"

"THE EVER PRESENT GOD"

"THE GOD OF URGENCY"
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by pepsin: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2011
King of Kings.

Heaven your throne, Earth your foot stool are both filled with your Glory
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by labaks(f): 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2011
oba alewilese aleselewi,
oba tin gbe inu wundia sola tin gbe inu adelebo nsogo,
oba tin be nigba ti ko saiye tin be nigba ti aye ya, ti yio si ma be ti ko ba saiye mo
emini tinje emini
erujeje oko pharaoh
arugbo ojo,
alagbawi eda, alokoso orun, oba alawotele orun
adagba ma paro oye
atofarati bi oke
oba alasepe
ki bio osi oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ah!!! E NEVA FINISH O, I JUST WAN RUSH GO BUY FOODSTUFF

gat a lotta dem cumin, Olorun ni ma sin titi laiyelaiye. He's mre dan enuff 4 moi.

anamabia, make i go cook.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by gloriuss(f): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
WOOOOOOOOOWWW, just reading through these awesome names of the God that I serve is just so mind blowing!!!!

HE is certainly THE I AM THAT I AM. My God is NOT a contingent being! Dependent on nothing and no one.

He is the Uncontainable Container (That is HE holds the whole world in HIS hands, our well-being, our thoughts, our burdens) HE holds but HE HIMSELF cannot be held!

Alagbada INA! Does anybody have a precise translation for this because mine would be very loose, (The precious King whose robe exudes spectrums of fire)
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:29am On Jul 21, 2011
God, the Supreme Deity has many names- As a Hausa, i prefer to call him Sarki Alja.

he is also known as Obatala, or Zeus or Ra.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by miftaudeen(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2011
@son of shaytan(pagan nja) i know you will spoil everything.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2011
^^ u grandfather of shaytan, that is how i see God as.

go bak to ur muhammad, the child-lover who came from hell to make u his death-angel.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Rgp92: 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2011
Zeus or Ọlọrun or Amun grin grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^

VERY GOOD MY PAGAN BROTHER!!!!   grin grin

lets us set about together and restore the lost dignity of our long-abandoned ancestors. for posterity, let it be known at the least,    that we were not cowards. wink
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
my favorite name for GOD is "DEITIES"
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by njira(f): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2011
Thanks to enlightenment from Pastor Chis Oyakhilome my favourite name of God is Jesus
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by ayobase(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
Erujeje ti n gbe eru mi!!!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by annawhite(f): 7:22am On Aug 07, 2011
the bright and morning star!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2011
God= AWI MA YERUN
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Falcon(m): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2011
You can only know the mind of God by studying his Word, wink
"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." Joshua 1:8

http://www.openheavensdevotionals..com/
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by bonetalk(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
I've read through many interesting names given to God, all I know and which i use to say is HE BIGGER, GREATER THAN WHAT PEOPLE SAY.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by herostar(m): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
He is, THE GOD OF CHOSEN
THE ONE MIGHTIER THAN ALL
THE INDISPENSABLE GOD
THE GOD OF MIRACLE,
THE ALL MIGHTY GOD,
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by anointedf(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2011
Ayeraye ninu awon orun.

'Everlasting God'
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
Chukwu Obioma. Dike na Dimkpa!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by iwemfoo: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2011
I love the name el rophy God my healer because even if the smallest pain comes I have faith that God will heal me inside and out and also mind, soul, spirit. Another favourite name is Yeshuah.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
After calling him many names,I still see that Jehovah Shammah concludes it.Da Lord who is there.If the Lord is there 4 me in all circumstances,then Ive got no problem.But when praising him,I go 4 El Elyon-The most high God
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2013
Chukwuebuka!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Lyee: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2013
smacby: I call him the Immirimious God.
that is the God of the watchman

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.