Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

What's Your Favorite Name For God? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favorite Name For God? (21189 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Name/title For GOD / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by sayso: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2009
Beginning and End
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by olabowale(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
Beginning and Ending without any interruption, knocks Jesus out of possibility of being God since the Christians say that he was dead sometimes in the past! And if we use the Muslims, he says Jesus will die before its all over!

While both agree that Jesus had a beginning and also ending at some time, though different, both agree that God does not have beginning because He started beginning as in creation, meaning He was already there before the beginning, and He does not have an ending, since after the end he will still be Who He alway is!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
Christians with thier blasphemous belief of GOD having BEGINNING and END
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by tiatma: 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2009
Sayso:

Beginning and End

Olabowale:

Beginning and Ending without any interruption, knocks Jesus out of possibility of being God since the Christians say that he was dead sometimes in the past! And if we use the Muslims, he says Jesus  will die before its all over!

While both agree that Jesus had a beginning and also ending at some time, though different, both agree that God does not have beginning because He started beginning as in creation, meaning He was already there before the beginning, and He does not have an ending, since after the end he will still be Who He alway is!

Uplawal:

Christians with their blasphemous belief of GOD having BEGINNING and END

@Olabowale & Uplawal

You're giving counsel without knowledge . . .

With all due respects yall both should please spare us your flaky understanding and wobbly theology

God is eternal, ever existing.

He predates time. He is not subject to time. He established time, if you can be bothered refer to Genesis 1:14

He determined when time starts and when it will end (i.e. the Alpha and the Omega, Beginning and End)

God steps into and out of time, yes Jesus spent time on Earth.

This is quite possible because God is unlimited in power and it's only Him that can be in more than one place at the same time (i.e. simultaneously be in heaven as God the Father and be on earth as God the Son without a hitch)

Nothing is impossible for God to do except if He only doesnt want to  . . .
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
Incase of your false god jesus,he had a beginning and end cos your god painfully died on the cross and that was hes end
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by olabowale(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
so tiatma how do you explain no one can see God and live versus jesus was seen for as long as he was on earth? one is correct, the other must be so wrong. no and which one? am trying to let you see some sense, if possible.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by tiatma: 12:08am On Nov 26, 2009
Olabowale:

So tiatma how do you explain no one can see God and live versus Jesus was seen for as long as he was on earth?

One is correct, the other must be so wrong.

No and which one?

Am trying to let you see some sense, if possible.

@Olabowale

Are you sure that it is "no one can see God and live . . . "

or do you want to have another go (i.e. correctly phrase "no one can see God and live . . . "wink

and hey what sense are you trying to point out, explain - "Bosi gbangba, ka fo"
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by olabowale(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2009
bosi gbangba ka ja, i wo le fo ni? ni bo lo fe fo lo? abeg.

Which prophet saw God and lived? O je mo nkon to nso?
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by tiatma: 12:35am On Nov 26, 2009
Olabowale:

bosi gbangba ka ja, i wo le fo ni? ni bo lo fe fo lo? abeg.

Which prophet saw God and lived? O je mo nkon to nso?

@Olabowale

E don tay wey you be Lagos last huh?

It was Ka fo, not Ka fo - let's demo and not let's fly,

no be winch dey fly, your mind is doing overdrive

Would put the accents on the vowels in the future to prevent the misintepretations such as this

"Which prophet saw God and lived? O je mo nkon to nso?" you are asking me

I asked you whether you are sure your statement is correct and offerred you the chance to correct and repost your question

Despite the incorrect syntax, I kind of understand your query

MOSES was not allowed to see GOD's face and live but was allowed to see His back
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by olabowale(m): 4:36am On Nov 26, 2009
@Tiatma: If a pretty woman lets me see her back as you had suggested that Moses saw the back of your God (lol. this kinda mindset is wild and completely demeaning to Who God is), let me, have I not seen her glory? Can she deny that I have seen her nudity? Then Imagine seeing the back of the Creator and what is important about Him is His Face?

Let me ask you; what measurement is this God: Statistics baby? I need every dimension; height width, thickness, everything! Is he Bigger than the Biggest man still alive? Or the one who ever lived? Adam (AS) was 60 cubic tall. About 180 feet tall. Was the God Moses saw as tall or taller, head not in the cloud reaching heaven, and when He stood on earth there was still some spaces for Moses on the Mountain, and of course all others on earth have spaces to stand?

Was that God taller than Jesus, who was probably shorter than Hakeem Olajunwon (lol and hakeem is shorter than 7 ft 6 inches)! I forgot since Jesus is 1/3 god people have seen god as they have seen orisha or the ijebu ode citizens have seen agemo! Sorry, man, you are correct the father was seen, the son was seen, what happened to the ghost?
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by dgreatrock(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
Beef!!! angry
Aint we supposed to give God's name here? Why all these quarrels and name calling

@Topic
Myy God of special effects
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 27, 2009
THE GHOST SEEN BY ALL THE FAKE PASTORS in NIGERIA,UK and AMERICA during miracle time
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by grace5: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2009
ANCIENT OF DAYS,

THE LORD OF HOST

ALPHA AND OMEGA

ENDLESS TREASURE

THE GREAT SPRINKLE BLOOD
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by banom(m): 10:58am On Nov 27, 2009
God of banom
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by whoisallah: 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2009
Jehovah, The Beginning, The End
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by grace5: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
THE GREAT EAGLE OF GOD,

ADONAI,

EVERLIVING GOD.

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2009
Awesome God.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2009
GOD of uplawal and God of all
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by aboly(f): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]
My father,
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by loneytunes(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2009
For me,

THE UNSUSTAINABLE SUSTAINER.

He sustains all but nothing sustains Him. Thats my God
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Keyshia42: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
Just today i got a revelation from reading mattew chapt 1 and i did not get to finish it, cos God opened my eyes to see something in verse 16 and one reference lead to the other. B4 i new it i just jumping up and started reeling in the spirit. I discovered My God is a Covenant Keeping God.

I av heard that over and over but never discover the indepth of it until today. What he promised Abraham in Gen 17vs 6 not only stopped on the isrealite's but trancends till wen Christ was born through his earthly father Joseph begotten by Jacob. (Not a concident but pre planned)

No wonder BABA boost of himself by saying " I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB"

For Today he is a "COVENANT KEEPING GOD" this i knw without being told.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2009
Father of spirits, and live. - Hebrews 12:9
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic. . .

Amoeba: what is Amoeba?, Amoeba is a shapeless, Useless, Imaginary Organism with no single value and thats what your God can be best described. kiss
[/size]
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2009
Lord of Hosts
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Lors of Sh!ts. . . kiss[/size]
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Lors of Sh!ts. . . kiss[/size]

grin great! for you alone.

Ancient of Days, He is the I am.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
[size=13pt]For all of us its the Lors of Sh!ts. . .[/size]
hubreality:

grin great! for you alone.

Ancient of Days, He is the I am.
The Bastard ,Ugly and Lazy pig. . . kiss
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Rockamon: 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
One thing i want all to know is that Allah is not the name of God, Allah is the demonic idol worshipped by Arabians, He is the moon God, not the almighty God.

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2009
[size=13pt]Rockamon i wonder what's your headache in passing wrong information. . . . embarassed embarassed embarassed sad , cant you talk about the christian God who is more than Idol? [/size]
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
Awesome is your Name, Jesus
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by question(m): 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2009
El-Shaddai

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.