Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

What's Your Favorite Name For God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favorite Name For God? (21187 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Name/title For GOD / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Your Top 5 Indigenous Gospel Musicians And Your Favorite Tracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by mamag3: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2009
The Alpha and the Omega
The Beginning and the End
The I am that I am
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
KING OF GLORY
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
Keep giving em many name's angry angry i'w be preparring a special name for him/she so soon!"Eye roll"
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2009
Omenma
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by grace5: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
THE great eagle of GOD, Endless treasure
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2009
-The Careless one
-The Superficial Entity
-Confussion
-Barrier
-Anti Human race
-The Hiding landlord
-The Founder of Evil
-Pretender
-Insane Father"As claimed"written.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by ritaNL: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2009
The greatest physician.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by noetic2: 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

-The Careless one
-The Superficial Entity
-Confussion
-Barrier
-Anti Human race
-The Hiding landlord
-The Founder of Evil
-Pretender

He hears u very well.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Monicaa: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

-The Careless one
-The Superficial Entity
-Confussion
-Barrier
-Anti Human race
-The Hiding landlord
-The Founder of Evil
-Pretender

The Alpha and Omega! The One who created us all including Ogaga and despite all, still loves Ogaga grin
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Krayola2(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2009
I hate to say this but the more I discuss religion with most religious people on NL the more i hate what religion has done to the minds of people. Fukc God!! Big time! If this is his plan for people then he's a pathetic piece of shit that isn't worthy of any praise.

I'll miss y'all on this section. I wish u all the best! cheers.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2009
@Noetic2
ha ha. . .! whatever"eye roll"-and dont let him/her know my inner feelings and reaction  ,because right now,if he hear's i think that's pretty cool.
Monicaa:

The Alpha and Omega! The One who created us all including Ogaga and despite all, still loves Ogaga grin

shocked you must be joking my dear-i can never get involve  in this whole thing ,if the "God" as claimed really exsist why hiding since all these many many years?,and after all the only  given evidence is from a written story,tell me!-"can the bible prove the Bible?"  

The Book of Satan is the first book in the Satanic Bible. It states:

“No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen! I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness.”

The Satanic Bible, The Book of Satan 1:7-8

Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Monicaa: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2009
Krayola2:

I hate to say this but the more I discuss religion with most religious people on NL the more i hate what religion has done to the minds of people. Fukc God!! Big time! If this is his plan for people then he's a pathetic piece of shit that isn't worthy of any praise.

I'll miss y'all on this section. I wish u all the best! cheers.

shocked shocked shocked why?? what plan are you talking about?
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Monicaa: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

@Noetic2
ha ha. . .! whatever"eye roll"-and dont let him/her know my inner feelings and reaction  ,because right now,if he hear's i think that's pretty cool.
  shocked you must be joking my dear-i can never get involve  in this whole thing ,if the "God" as claimed really exsist why hiding since all these many many years?,and after all the only  given evidence is from a written story,tell me!-"can the bible prove the Bible?" 

The Book of Satan is the first book in the Satanic Bible. It states:

“No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen! I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and happiness.”

The Satanic Bible, The Book of Satan 1:7-8

Ogaga dear, I can only talk from experience and my own opinion. You remember the thread I opened sometime about "God showing himself so people stop doubting", it was a little out of frustration and shock with the number of atheists I saw on here, was unbelievable. We all go through hard times and all, that we begin to question the existence of God. But still, something and everything still boils down to God. Though we may not understand his ways or even why he does what he does, as they say, God works in mysterious ways.  Atheists should have this one question/thought for themselves. If they believe there is no God and human beings were created through evolution or whatsoever apes,"have they asked themselves, who must have made those apes?" " where did those apes come from?" Nothing??

Also another question for you, since you detest God so much, why do u love satan since you haven't seen him either?
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Marlbron: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2009
When Adam&Eve offended God and were cast out, God the Almighty left the earth plane and started relating with man through angels. Thus he related with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses and the prophets. To relate with man, his Son had to incarnate on the earth plane to shed his blood, paving the way for his Father's reconcilliation with man. At the end of the age, God will come back, Christ will come back and dwell with man. That is the very essence of our Lord's prayer.

THe name Jehova is the name of an Angel. Christ revealed God as The Father. He is the Father of all.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by kolaoloye(m): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2009
Marlbron:

When Adam&Eve offended God and were cast out, God the Almighty left the earth plane and started relating with man through angels. Thus he related with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses and the prophets. To relate with man, his Son had to incarnate on the earth plane to shed his blood, paving the way for his Father's reconcilliation with man. At the end of the age, God will come back, Christ will come back and dwell with man. That is the very essence of our Lord's prayer.

THe name Jehova is the name of an Angel. Christ revealed God as The Father. He is the Father of all.
Where did you learn that from
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by chiejik(f): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2009
please if need be overlook ogaga's post to face what you want to do he is the main antichrist.he never lives this thread.always here to see who he will convert to his satanic court.
as fr me and my household we will serve the lord.his name is mkpomkpo mmiri na atazu ala,anu kporonku na eju onu etc
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Marlbron: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
kola oloye:

Where did you learn that from

From your Bible, as taught by the Holy Spirit.

Read Exodus 2-3. The Lord in the old testament was not the Almighty and could not have been otherwise why did Christ need to come. He was angel Jehovah an arch angel of God. If the Almighty was the one, then clearly Christ was a fraud for he declared: "No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father he hath declared him." John 1:18. Also the Almighty will not teach you an eye for and eye and all those sacrifices. Those were tolerated because man had not known God. We were in the dark days , the days of angels and spirits. Some Christian are still in those days, sadly!

Also read clarification of who Moses saw in the New testament: Acts7:38, Acts 7:53
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by noetic2: 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

@Noetic2
ha ha. . .! whatever"eye roll"-and dont let him/her know my inner feelings and reaction  ,because right now,if he hear's i think that's pretty cool.

whats the meaning of the above? . , , . . .u hardly make sense anymore.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by netotse(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2009
this thread is being derailed

@OP
The Lord that sanctifies
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Marlbron: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
* Read Exodus 6: 2-3.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Donvilo(m): 4:09am On Aug 11, 2009
"I AM WHO I AM" which is God's full description of who he is. I think this name also adds to the flavour of his supremacy, 'God of Shedrach, Mishach & Abedenego'. smiley
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by kolaoloye(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2009
Marlbron:

From your Bible, as taught by the Holy Spirit.

Read Exodus 2-3. The Lord in the old testament was not the Almighty and could not have been otherwise why did Christ need to come. He was angel Jehovah an arch angel of God. If the Almighty was the one, then clearly Christ was a fraud for he declared: "No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father he hath declared him." John 1:18. Also the Almighty will not teach you an eye for and eye and all those sacrifices. Those were tolerated because man had not known God. We were in the dark days , the days of angels and spirits. Some Christian are still in those days, sadly!

Also read clarification of who Moses saw in the New testament: Acts7:38, Acts 7:53

Have you ever seen/ read these before?

1. Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty,
but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

2. Psalm 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

3. Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song;
he also is become my salvation.

4. Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by Marlbron: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2009
kola oloye:

Have you ever seen/ read these before?

1. Exodus 6:3
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty,

2. Psalm 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

3. Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song;
he also is become my salvation.

4. Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Yes I have, sir, but it appears the understanding is different. Let us analyze Exodus 6:3 first by your understanding and later by the actual Holy Spirit understanding.

Your Understanding:

Exodus 6:3
And I (God Almighty) appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty,

This cannot be. God Almighty cannot be saying that he appeared to their fathers in the name of God Almighty and by his own name Jehova was he not known to them. The only way you can interpret that is that a thid person was doing the appearing - an angel called Jehova who now gave them his real name. Note that the old testament is fond of using Lord , God for an angel and these were well clarified in the new testament. For instance If you read the old testament you will think the Almighty God visited Abraham, or that Moses got the commandments from the Almighty God direct rather than from an angel of God. he reaon why God Almighty cannot appear direct to the old testament people was because no precious blood had been shed to save mankind. You have to understand that God is a God of principle. The correct understanding is as below.

Holy spirit Understanding

Exodus 6:3
And I (Angel Jehova) appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty,

This understanding is the only accurate interpretation of the scriptures.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 5:30am On Aug 12, 2009
Jehovah Jireh(my provider)
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2009
"I am that I am." Thank You Lord Jesus.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by hubreality(m): 2:37am On Sep 14, 2009
Igwe ka ala.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by YEMILOVE1(f): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2009
He is the Maker of covenants
Thwart-er of evil ambition
Bestower of talents
Master of the unexpected
Protector of the faithful
Caterer per excellence
Punisher of rebellion
Initiator of vengeance
One and only
Late night caller
Provider of wisdom
Undefeated competitor
Gentle whisperer
orchestrator of perfect justice
Holder of satan's reins
Rewarder of faithfulness
Refuge
Shepherd
Provider of salvation
He is an endless God
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by sexyLeamon(f): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2009
YEMI LOVE:

He is the Maker of covenants
Thwart-er of evil ambition
Bestower of talents
Master of the unexpected
Protector of the faithful
Caterer per excellence
Punisher of rebellion
Initiator of vengeance
One and only
Late night caller
Provider of wisdom
Undefeated competitor
Gentle whisperer orchestrator of perfect justice
Holder of satan's reins
Rewarder of faithfulness
Refuge
Shepherd
Provider of salvation
He is an endless God
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by toideve(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2009
Olori Oko
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by koolchicco: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
Ebubedike
Mighty Man in Battle
The Loin of the tribe of Judah.
King of Nazareth
Agu na eche Mba
The Lily of the Valley
The Creator
The Deliverer
Miracle Worker
Jehovah AkaNCHAWA!
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by faithclem(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
I call Him my Evergreen Lover. He sticks to me even when everyone departs. He is always there, always in love with me, He died and rose again so that I might have life everlasting.

He is truly my Evergreen Lover.
Re: What's Your Favorite Name For God? by german007(m): 12:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
I call him "baba God"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.