Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,489 members, 7,954,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:50 AM

Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? (13830 Views)

Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / US - Nigeria Courier Services. Which One Is The Best? / Daycare Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by sukkot: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

See as you're flexing igbo grin
grin grin
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Ishilove: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
sukkot:
grin grin
Ha far na. You don show? wink
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by sukkot: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Ha far na. You don show? wink
The way neva clear. the spiritual highway still get roadblock. but it is getting clearer grin
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Ishilove: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
sukkot:
The way neva clear. the spiritual highway still get roadblock. but it is getting clearer grin
Hian. You na proper 419 angry

Don't forget o. Anew Reversalist cheesy
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
delishpot:
Op, pottage or porridge? I just want to be clear on which one for sure.

Can't stop laughing..... Which one con be pottage or porridge... I'll like to know... Can you please differentiate
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by sukkot: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Hian. You na proper 419 angry

Don't forget o. Anew Reversalist cheesy
no be small tin oooo. i need the angels behind me when i come through. the angels na hin i dey wait on now. dem go soon join me sha. very very soon sef grin
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by delishpot: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2016
airmirthd1:

Can't stop laughing..... Which one con be pottage or porridge... I'll like to know... Can you please differentiate

Food such as quaker oats and other grainy foods cooked as such is ussualy called porridge while pottage is made from vegies or tubers sucha s yam, potatoes etc.

Please note that I was not mocking the OP O. Just wanted to be sure of which his mom was actually going into.

1 Like

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
sukkot:
no be small tin oooo. i need the angels behind me when i come through. the angels na hin i dey wait on now. dem go soon join me sha. very very soon sef grin
Tell the angels to hurry up and stop gisting.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
delishpot:

Food such as quaker oats and other grainy foods cooked as such is ussualy called porridge while pottage is made from vegies or tubers sucha s yam, potatoes etc.

Please note that I was not mocking the OP O. Just wanted to be sure of which his mom was actually going into.

oh! Really?? Now I know better.... Thanks......It was kind of funny to me....not mocking either

1 Like

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by sukkot: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Tell the angels to hurry up and stop gisting.
they on the job. making it happen. turning the wheels grin
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Getflung: 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2016
I think both are good ideas but maybe try the one that requires less capital to start first?
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Onegai(f): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2016
gcode123:

Duuude, if you are sure of a secure place, a daycare would be more profitble. The food business is over saturated. The thing is if she can really gain the trust of parents, before u know it she can open branches, establish branches close to big companies (chevron) where rich nursing mums can just pop in since its close by.....

She can innovate and make her daycare have cameras where parents can just login and see how their kids re doing, the possibilities are endless before u know it she has a business she can hand over to you her children.

She can create an agency where she would train nannies to be hired, she would collect the money nd pay the nannies salaries the same way security outfits do theirs... Can u see how big it could get??

Porridge on the other hand is bleh cos most people dont eat such food outside nd its like buying yellow beans.

Everything you typed here is totally wrong. Mothers in general are very very cautious nowadays which Daycares and creches to use. No-one wants her child to be a story of woe on NL. And rich nursing mummies are even more uptight about childcare: they want a full-time pediatric nurse on standby, enough minders for all the children, enough quality entertainment (not dumping in front of tv, but analytical and reasoning games), story time, proper nutrition, cctv and security. And they will only pay good money if they get that.

OP, go with the food option.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by eworm: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
This two business are good depending on the following factors

1. Ability to cook good food or take care of children well in a more decent and hygienic environment

2. Capital, what is the amount she has to spend on the business

3. Understanding, how well does she understand the businesses

4. Age, will her age permit her to cook or take care of the children; or she will employ people

5. Environment and packaging, she needs to know which business will thrive well in her location, and she must be so good in packaging her food or presentation of the children

Hope my suggestion was helpful
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by jejely: 11:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
Op, what qualifications has your mom got to run a day care? A daycare goes beyond putting children in a space and looking after them. Does she have qualifications and experiences in child psychology, teaching targeted at children or any child related qualification/experience? If your answer is no then I will say the daycare idea be shelved, unless she is willing to hire someone with the right experience/qualification to spearhead the day to day running of the daycare.
Another question is what is the age range to be considered? Running a daycare is a lot more than the average Joe thinks. If not because of the Nigerian factor, there should be a body responsible for overseeing such operations, and ensure all employees are duly checked (criminal checks etc)
One can never go wrong with food because as someone said, people must eat. But like one poster asked; is it porridge or pottage? You need to clarify this, and is this not been too restrictive? I will advise your mom does a feasibility study on the intended locality where the business will be located. That will enable her to make a decision on what will more profitable.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Mom007(f): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2016
You actually need more money to set up food business than a day care. I have done it before. You would need more than 1mil to standardize a space, buy fridge, gas burner, cutlery, etc. You will employ people etc. Plus the stress of daily cooking and cleaning. That's the thing with food bizz, you got to go all out or no one will want to eat there whereas with the daycare ish, you can start small and start earning almost immediatly
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by maneasy: 5:08am On Mar 11, 2016
My dear, you mummy must be spiritually strong before she can start selling porridge , this business is not just for anybody, if you are in doubt, ask elders in your community and not Google. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Donvilo(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2016
Porridge meals cheesy
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by purityannabel(f): 10:02am On Mar 11, 2016
@OP day care business is very good.. just that you will make the house very comfortable and homely for the kids. ...I paid #45000 for my son when he was in day care. ...in his skul they have more than 5 nannies taking care of them and kids will come with their own food,clothes and diapers. .... and the house must be spacious,with TV, lots of toys, painted with a good attractive colour , and also have beds for sleeping and also cabinet where they will keep their bags......the changing room should not be in the place kids are it should be in another room.........Water and electricity is very important so that heat will not kill them oooo....
in the beginning u will not be looking at the profit but later you will start gaining big
By Gods grace this is the business I want because I love kids. ..........

1 Like

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by AgoraRoad(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, the reason I am messaging you is because I see real pontential in all of you. As you know in Nigeria many live in poverty and many of us have great ideas but no funds to pursue our ideas and currently there are no forums on the net that caters about Business & Finance specifically to Nigerians. I am proposing that we all come together in one roof and bringing investors, mentors, and entrepreneurs together and share each other our ideas and knowledge and make each other successful. I currently own a forum with 41 users and 10 of them are from Nairaland. I am making a group in my website so only nairalanders will be apart of. I urge you all to join us and make Africa great!

here is the link http://thebizness.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43&sid=9c111e095b89a4669d56a1ca87e4bc77
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by VANENON(f): 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
OP u need to clarify on the porridge or pottage stuff.
Seems to me like what you described here is packaged porridge like oats to be purchased off the shelf and the buyer will have to go cook himself or herself and not cooked pottage as interpreted by most people.

Both ideas are good but you guys need to do proper feasibility study and another thing to consider would be required start up capital.
However personally I think cooked pottage will be more marketable than packaged off the shelf porridge.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by teddybear007(f): 4:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
emymeeky:
Non of the above .

First of all , porridge is generally not a delicacy that'll appeal to many . You have to go extra mile in order to arouse the appetites of the eaters .

Daycare . Hmmmmm. Your mum has to be patient to handle the rate at which she changes diapers . Children can shyte even when they don't feel like shyting. They'll force it out somehow while looking at the caretaker with a suppressed laughter .

In terms of cost, daycare is way cheaper in the sense that she can use her home instead of renting an apartment . The only costly thing there is the pampers cause a child with a running stomach can finish one bundle in an hour . She's got a telly already . she'll buy some story books and toys.

There is more to DAYCARE than who u jst knw. It goes way beyond than what u jst wrote. Gracias.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Danfuster(m): 11:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
maneasy:
My dear, you mummy must be spiritually strong before she can start selling porridge , this business is not just for anybody, if you are in doubt, ask elders in your community and not Google. A word is enough for the wise.

hmmm.... Omo agba, osuba mi re ooo
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Qualer: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sexytemi:
The porridge sounds better and more lucrative if she aint too old for the stress that comes with cooking for large number of people.
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Qualer: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sexytemi:
The porridge sounds better and more lucrative if she aint too old for the stress that comes with cooking for large number of people.

temi temi! be like say you like food well o! grin how are you doing sexy? I'm still putting my plans together to come to benin republic, be ready to be my official tour guide! cool
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Sexytemi(f): 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Qualer:

temi temi! be like say you like food well o! grin how are you doing sexy? I'm still putting my plans together to come to benin republic, be ready to be my official tour guide! cool

Lol, you really wish o...tour guild kor, guild tour ni. ..tongue
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Qualer: 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sexytemi:

Lol, you really wish o...tour guild kor, guild tour ni. ..tongue

haba! with all of this your sexy-ness!! i'm coming joor, just say yes and i promise i will bring goodies for you grin

Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Sexytemi(f): 8:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Qualer:

haba! with all of this your sexy-ness!! i'm coming joor, just say yes and i promise i will bring goodies for you grin

mtcheww...Lolgringrin...SMH
Re: Porridge Meals Vs Daycare Services: Which One Is Preferable As A Business? by Dirkcoyt: 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
Mom007:
You actually need more money to set up food business than a day care. I have done it before. You would need more than 1mil to standardize a space, buy fridge, gas burner, cutlery, etc. You will employ people etc. Plus the stress of daily cooking and cleaning. That's the thing with food bizz, you got to go all out or no one will want to eat there whereas with the daycare ish, you can start small and start earning almost immediatly

Madam don't you think 1million is overemphasized? Except you're running a very large resturant. Got an idea on this food business we can chat up to talk better than this? Though I'm a young graduate so I think rubbing minds will be better.

Note; I made so cost anaylsis based on the type of food design I saw at cotonou which is less costly. I do appreciate we talk madam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira May Drop On Profit-taking, Increased Demand / Fire Outbreak At GSM Market In Kano State. See Photos / Bulk Buyers Connect Unveils Brand Ambassadors In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.