Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance (964 Views)

Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun / Doyin Okupe: No Politician Alive Can Stand Buhari’s Popularity / 10 Reasons Buhari's Popularity Is Dropping Drastically. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by centyboy: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
– Buhari’s popularity drops for 30% since last year – The president scored low on jobs, economy, and power – According to the poll Ibe Kachikwu remains the best minister – Nigerians stop blaming the previous government for all nations’ problems President Buhari during the swearing-in ceremony on May 29, 2015. Many Nigerians have scored President Muhammadu Buhari low on jobs, economy, and power for the first time in months according to Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria (GAIN). It’s the first time since December last year that a monthly poll that track the performance of governments at all levels in Nigeria, has recorded main approval rating slide. Earlier the survey found that majority of Nigerians did not accuse President Buhari of Nigeria’s ongoing economic troubles. They blamed ex- president Goodluck Jonathan instead. Meanwhile, the trend changed significantly in February as country’s economic crisis bit harder, in what the poll coordinators suggested that Buhari’s “honeymoon” is over. Malcolm Fabiyi, one of the poll’s coordinators said: “The survey was administered using electronic media between February 22nd and 29th, 2016. A total of 757 complete responses were received. The survey results have a 4% margin of error at a 95% confidence level.” READ ALSO: Buhari rated poorly in security, score 75% in anti-graft war The February survey showed that the president’s approval rating dropped drastically from 63.4% in January to 32.8%, and more Nigerians held Buhari responsible for the dwindling economy for the first time. President Buhari scored low on jobs, economy, power, and rule of law. A huge 79% of respondents rated the administration’s handling of recurring clashes between herdsmen and farmers poor. The survey also showed that the Nigerian senate maintained the lowest approval rating of all governmental institutions. The military received the highest rank as national institution. Nigeria’s best minister so far is Ibeh Kachikwu, the minister of state for petroleum. Under the “High” ranking response, security Boko Haram crisis was rated as the most important area of concern and/or interest by 55% of Nigerians, continuing the trend from the January poll. The top 5 rated areas overall were security (55%), anti- corruption (51%), power (51%), economy and jobs (50%) and education (45%). 45% of respondents consider that the anti- corruption is working, however, the rank dropped from about 76% in the January poll. 62.6% of Nigerians indicated opposition to the devaluation of the naira. READ ALSO: Buhari’s honeymoon with Nigerians may not last long For the first time since the Buhari came to power, more Nigerians held the incumbent administration responsible for the current state of the nation. In the February poll, 35% of Nigerians said that the Buhari government was “completely responsible”. An increasing number of Nigerians continue to indicate that they do not support any political party. Majority of the respondents disapprove government’s handling of Fulani herdsmen attacks. Lai Mohammed, the minister of information, surprisingly takes the second place, while Kachikwu was again rated as the best minister in Buhari’s cabinet. Muhammadu Buhari, candidate of the All Progressives Congress, was elected as Nigeria’s new president almost a year ago on March 28, 2015. His electoral victory was outstanding because it marked the first time an opposition candidate defeat an incumbent president in Nigeria. Buhari’s promise of change, which appealed to a majority of Nigerian voters, has become a source of hope for many Nigerians. When he assumed office, Buhari asked for time to assess and clear some of the damage. He took all the time he needed, and now Nigerians are getting impatient. They criticized Buhari for being slow in implementing his policies and for junketing around the world while the nation is suffering.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by ladyF(f): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
My own be say the NEPA bill too much. Bring back the former tariff with the N50 fixed charge!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by Standing5(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Drop go where? I look up and what i see is pleasing to the eye. Chai a lady sitting right on ma top . . . Ojigbi-jigbi-jigbi.
Back to topic, Nigerians who know that their effort has no influence on their source of pay are greatful to Buhari for keeping their salary going even with the over 60% dropping in oil earning, through blocking of leakages Buhari, has been able to fulfil 70% (recurrent expenses) of the responsibility he inherited from the ineffectuals.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by donholy28(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
ladyF:
My own be say the NEPA bill too much. Bring back the former tariff with the N50 fixed charge!
N50? NEPA bill for my side no dey lower than 7k a month
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by ladyF(f): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
donholy28:
N50? NEPA bill for my side no dey lower than 7k a month
lol meant *N750 fixed charge.
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by Nnemuka(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
[

where can we purchase prepaid meter?
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by Standing5(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
ladyF:
LadyF, there are fixed cost associated with power supply. It is just like a merchant who gets his prodùcts at zero cost, transports it(at a fixed cost) and now wants to sell it for free. He will lose money and make a loss. PHCN must maintain and replace equipment and pay staffs. These things cost money and any attempt to over ration them leads to poor service like we have today.
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by ladyF(f): 6:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Standing5:
LadyF, there are fixed cost associated with power supply. It is just like a merchant who gets his prodùcts at zero cost, transports it(at a fixed cost) and now wants to sell it for free. He will lose money and make a loss. PHCN must maintain and replace equipment and pay staffs. These things cost money and any attempt to over ration them leads to poor service like we have today.
People should also be made to pay for services they get, and nothing else!

So I travel for 3 months, I still have to pay for electricity that I did not use? Nah, that's just not right....we can't take it... grin
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by Standing5(m): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2016
ladyF:

People should also be made to pay for services they get, and nothing else!

So I travel for 3 months, I still have to pay for electricity that I did not use? Nah, that's just not right....we can't take it... grin
They can't lay off staff for 3months cos of some customers now. Equipment to will be maintained as part of standard procedure and if your area's transformer burns it should be fixed regardless of whether u were around. It not like GSM where they blend the cost into their average consumption by customers in the country or particular market.
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by ladyF(f): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
Standing5:
They can't lay off staff for 3months cos of some customers now. Equipment to will be maintained as part of standard procedure and if your area's transformer burns it should be fixed regardless of whether u were around. It not like GSM where they blend the cost into their average consumption by customers in the country or particular market.

The electricity they generate is not even enough for the population, so why are they putting a compulsory fixed charge when they have other consumers that will use/pay for it eventually?

Someone somewhere is paying for the electricity I did not use for the time I was away, and they still want to charge me for the same thing?? ?? Say wetin na? That is like double payment for the same commodity na, haba!!! Is that not broad daylight robbery?
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by Standing5(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
ladyF:

The electricity they generate is not even enough for the population, so why are they putting a compulsory fixed charge when they have other consumers that will use/pay for it eventually?

Someone somewhere is paying for the electricity I did not use for the time I was away, and they still want to charge me for the same thing?? ?? Say wetin na? That is like double payment for the same commodity na, haba!!! Is that not broad daylight robbery?
You still missing it. They probably include u in arriving at that amount N750.
Re: Buhari's Popularity Drops Since His Inception In Governance by ladyF(f): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
Standing5:
You still missing it. They probably include u in arriving at that amount N750.
They should sha give me free, I will collect grin

(1) (Reply)

Was This Biblical Passage A Prophecy For Nigeria? / Detailed Analysis Of How Transporters Defraud Us In The Name Of Fuel Scarcity / LIST Of Most Traveled State Governors Since May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.