Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,280 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Mind Never Forgets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mind Never Forgets (358 Views)

Inside The Mind Of A Rationalist. / The Sad, Twisted Truth About Conservative Christianity’s Effect On The Mind / Does The Soul Differs From The Mind? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mind Never Forgets by asalimpo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
I've noticed that information seems to held very strongly in the human mind. Only that the conscious mind percieves more recent events than later events. But the events are all in there. So, what we term forgetting, may never really happen,i.e the erasure of stored data in the mind.
What is termed forgetting may be the inability of the conscious mind to access the subconscious where all data is stored.
If this be the case, then, every face you've looked at, every thing you've seen,every smell you've percieved, every song you've heard, every voice you've heard is data stored inside of you.

Proof:
a face you saw a decade plus ago
,long enough to register in your subconscious , will elicit niggling feelings of familiarity in you when you see it again say 10,20 years later.
There would be no niggling if there was no information within you previously.
There would also be no problem of remembering if the information were all in the conscious mind because the conscious mind would quickly access it.
I believe that the subconscious is the human spirit and the niggling awareness is the spirit passing information to the conscious mind .

Inspiration:
watched Creed, the boxers mother's face seemed familiar. But i couldnt place it. I googld and found she was bill cosby's wife in the cosby show.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Prayer / What Is Different In You After Easter? / Biblical Standard Of A Good Leader.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.