Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding (21780 Views)

22 Top Federal Officials Sacked Over Budget Padding / How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by cckris: 11:16pm On Mar 10, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:
A Golden opportunity for him to replace them with No......rs
Daura people, not northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 11, 2016
Who padded the allocation to state house clinic? What about the funny allocation for Osibanjo's books?

Smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by maskamdo(m): 4:56am On Mar 11, 2016
That is d first step, u don't just sack 180 senior civil servants in one fell swoop... Soflee soflee take catch snake.
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by blackpanda: 5:10am On Mar 11, 2016
omowolewa:
All we hear is sack, remove, appoint nothing is growing abut the economy.

No light, No fuel, No job, No Money, Nothing.

Still waiting for better days ahead.

Actually, the economy has started growing again, naira has appreciated, wastage and excesses are being curbed, boko haram is being destroyed, electricity recorded its highest ever in Nigerian history, imported goods are being shunned in favour of local products, criminals and looters are being prosecuted......nEed I go on....and all this in an era where oil price is at its lowest!

You can only see what you want to see in life. If you are negative, you will only see negative things. But Nigeria is making progress little by little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by naijaboy756: 5:35am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Actually, the economy has started growing again, naira has appreciated, wastage and excesses are being curbed, boko haram is being destroyed, electricity recorded its highest ever in Nigerian history, imported goods are being shunned in favour of local products, criminals and looters are being prosecuted......nEed I go on....and all this in an era where oil price is at its lowest!

You can only see what you want to see in life. If you are negative, you will only see negative things. But Nigeria is making progress little by little.
suffering and smiling robot sighted

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by naijaboy756: 5:37am On Mar 11, 2016
This is not fair. This is corrpution @ the highest level. How can he sack some, transfer some while he is still the President? He signed the budget meaning that he is part of the rogues. Naija sha!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Adesiji77: 5:52am On Mar 11, 2016
Delphi:
Redeployment is not sack. Stiffer punishment is needed here. I don't understand why somebody who partook in such heinous and disgraceful crime will be parted with just 'redeployment'. This is not how Europe took to institutionalize probity and discipline.

My thoughts!

When I saw "sweeps off", I thought they were actually laid off.

How can redeployments to perceived "less juicy" departments be considered punishment? So their new positions would not require any form of integrity and discipline?

angry
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by blackpanda: 5:55am On Mar 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
suffering and smiling robot sighted

Bleep off!
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by adconline(m): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2016
So u deployed to other ministeries where they would become SAINTS and not pad the budget.??. It seems that Mr President doesn't want to prosecute them so that they don't expose govt involvement in padding the budget with frivolous items.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by amagunnerfan: 6:46am On Mar 11, 2016
So many comments that are ill thought out. You don't sack civil servants anyhow. He is got to be systematic about it.

Watch and see them get sacked legally. Not illegally as you all want.
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by simi4me(m): 6:47am On Mar 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by anonimi: 7:20am On Mar 11, 2016
I thought that the strong man of integrity would sack them and EFCC will arrest them.
Oh I forgot that is meant only for the enemies of our dictator.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by dahmie2013: 7:21am On Mar 11, 2016
This administration, its either u get it right or u get out!
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by NaLaugh: 7:21am On Mar 11, 2016
omowolewa:

These are the things which translate to more responsible governance, which further translates to a better economy.
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Achorise: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2016
What will then happen to the minister and Buhari who submitted the budget to national assembly without going through them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by SleekMallam: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
anonimi:
I thought that the strong man of integrity would sack them and EFCC will arrest them.
Oh I forgot that is meant only for the enemies of our dictator.
The hypocrisy of this regime stinks to high heavens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by alexlee50: 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
These guys are just the scapegoats for their Bleep up.if they did something serious they would have been arrested and prosecuted by now
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by pabloid(m): 7:30am On Mar 11, 2016
This just shows that buhari is the real budget paddler. These civil servants na alibi, hence the soft punishment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by mrphysics(m): 7:35am On Mar 11, 2016
omowolewa:

What is your problem, here in Enugu, we have had light for about 10 hours as at the last time it was taken. Is Buhari responsible for your transformers? There have been light in Enugu. please stop this, it doesn't do you any good
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by 1Dray(m): 7:36am On Mar 11, 2016
ionsman:
I love Buhari...
Who your love for Buhari don help? Abeg commot road make we see road jor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by blank(f): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2016
9jatriot:
Civil service rules does not allow sack easily. An appropriate punishment would be to send them to a rural area with immediate effect and then monitor them for absenteeism. That way, they will live to regret their actions but who ever sent them would abandon to their fate.

Won't civil service rules allow them to be sacked if found guilty of fraud? What kind of punishment is redeployment? Level 17 will still be receiving high salary and allowances without doing much work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by charlsecy(m): 7:47am On Mar 11, 2016
olaboy33:
Now thats what i call a president. . . . . . . . . . .
Is that punishment?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Okeikpu(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2016
Daura Dullardoki

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by emmanuelbrown26: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2016
dis is good, no time for nonsense, they should tank their God dat dis is ohacracy if not, their names would hv been sorry
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by modath(f): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2016
Adesiji77:

My thoughts!

When I saw "sweeps off", I thought they were actually laid off.

How can redeployments to perceived "less juicy" departments be considered punishment? So their new positions would not require any form of integrity and discipline?

angry

If you understand how civil service works, you'd get it.. the redeployment is a fate worse than death for majority of them, imagine someone managing to corner 10-20million a year posted to ministry of women affairs or youth where he wont see a farthing....... moreover they are not going to be in charge of budgeting anymore..

You also need to understand that civil service is not like private organisations, sacking people is not a straightforward exercise , also the padding was done with skill that a lot of innocent will be punished alongside the very guilty, so redeployment will do the needful...

Many of them will voluntarily retire soon, that is a fact..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by alowale(m): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2016
Many of us don't understand what's going on in government we just jump into conclusion with regard to our point of view.......... embarassed
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by ifyalways(f): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Why relocate them to other ministries? So they can continue their alleged corrupt practices there?

I expected Saint Buhari to name and shame, prosecute them and if found guilty, sent to jail?

Why are they shielding them?

So the punishment for corruption now is redeployment?

I won't be surprised if this is a ruse to confuse their zombies. I'm sure no one was redeployed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by ifyalways(f): 7:56am On Mar 11, 2016
Shame on all the APC zombies hailing Buhari on this thread.

Really? Like seriously?

Redeployment is now the acceptable punishment for corruption and fraud?

Ok!

Shame on y'all!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Nicur: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2016
ZOMBIES just full this thread lol smh since when does redeployment mean punishment? all these ZOMBIES sef Una go masturbate on top every every, make Una try get small conscience and shame naw, I know say una b ZOMBIES but make una try abeg. smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 11, 2016
Baba send them home they don't have any good plan for this country.
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by Y2Kbaba: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Action President. Period.
Re: Buhari Relocates 184 Officials Over Budget Padding by ifyalways(f): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Gosh!

I dey shame for some people here and wondering if they are paid to defend this government cos it would be a HUGE shame if they aren't.

It's hard/complex to sack civil servants NOW but it wasn't so a few months ago when many were sacked in Immigration cos they were alleged to have been employed via corrupt recruitment.

Wonders shall never end. Just when u think you've heard it all.

Chei cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killings Should Not Divide Us —tinubu / Reps Summon Buhari Over Slain Borno Farmers / Buhari Congratulates Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.