Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) (6538 Views)

Please Beware Of Hosting Your Website With Smartweb (smartweb.com.ng)!! / My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria / Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by ayindepremier: 3:10am On Mar 11, 2016
First of all, I don't like demoting or publicly insulting an entity or its services but SmartWeb forced me to.

I am a fan of "Made in Abroad", but after the hyped "buy made in Naija and save Naira" I finally decided to help my country's economy in my own little ways and decided to host my clients website projects on Smartweb.

Just tell me what's my blame or mistake here,

I hosted 5 of my clients websites on smartweb shared hosting server and about 9 domains but all you guys ever did was always to bleeped me up and say sorry after all!

All the 5 WordPress powered websites are showing 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR since 2 days ago. (and, this like the 3rd time in my less than 3month with them)

I had to do lots of crazy things, lied to my clients and start breaking things!

and, I have opened tickets, called, complained countable times and nothing is been done. (One naive little girl kept picking the calls and was talking like she had malaria and pregnancy)

How can your server be downed without proper notice and urgent solutions

How can your Customers Service be so dull that they have zero clue about webhosting things.

I deeply regret knowing smartweb.com.ng today for you cost me my job because of all this regular poor server!

there are more dozens of very stupid act that smartweb did to me that I don't want to even mention because of the nature of their business!!!

Thank You guys a lot.

May God reward you accordingly!!!

Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by donsheddy1(m): 3:53am On Mar 11, 2016
Your only offence is that you bought cheap hosting. There are better hosts in Nigeria that'll provide with good services.

2. You want to start a venture into a made in Nigeria product in this present dispensation and you could not run a search to help you ascertain which is good in the market.

I use smartweb too and their service have been useful all because I'm not using their shared hosting. I noticed that people will install scripts that affects every other person on the server.

Instead of complaining, you should be considering transferring your hosting asap.
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by Bincon: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2016
@op am really sorry for what you've experience hosting with them. Expecially when it has to do with clients data. I would just advise you move to a more reputable company.

@the guy above me, being hosted on a shared hosting doesn't means you will experience issue as the one as the op experience. Instead, if you are exceeding your shared web hosting capacity, a good Web hosting company will notify you and advise you on what to do. Definitely what the op is experiencing is a server issue with smart Web, it has noting to do with being hosted on a shared web hosting. Btw. Am hosted on a shared account and I have over 15 clients on each shared account. I don't use a Nigeria Web hosting company though.

Again, I hate when people say becos someone purchase a cheap Web hosting Plan. It's a blatant lie. Being cheap doesn't mean awful service. It all depend on the company services. There are numerous cheap Web hosting out there with Optimum and premium services. And again, I use a cheap Web hosting which has never failed me for over 4 years of hosting.

So. Op kindly port to another good company. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by ayindepremier: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
donsheddy1:
Your only offence is that you bought cheap hosting. There are better hosts in Nigeria that'll provide with good services.

2. You want to start a venture into a made in Nigeria product in this present dispensation and you could not run a search to help you ascertain which is good in the market.

I use smartweb too and their service have been useful all because I'm not using their shared hosting. I noticed that people will install scripts that affects every other person on the server.

Instead of complaining, you should be considering transferring your hosting asap.

Show me where CHEAP is written on their website or info.

I decided to choose them because of their boastful customers they claimed they served like AIT, NPF, ONDO STATE GOVT, etc.

and, whether using share or non-shared that has nothing to do with getting the entire server down.

and, I also use domainking (3 websites) and whogohost (2 websites)
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by ayindepremier: 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2016
Bincon:
@op am really sorry for what you've experience hosting with them. Expecially when it has to do with clients data. I would just advise you move to a more reputable company.

@the guy above me, being hosted on a shared hosting doesn't means you will experience issue as the one as the op experience. Instead, if you are exceeding your shared web hosting capacity, a good Web hosting company will notify you and advise you on what to do. Definitely what the op is experiencing is a server issue with smart Web, it has noting to do with being hosted on a shared web hosting. Btw. Am hosted on a shared account and I have over 15 clients on each shared account. I don't use a Nigeria Web hosting company though.

Again, I hate when people say becos someone purchase a cheap Web hosting Plan. It's a blatant lie. Being cheap doesn't mean awful service. It all depend on the company services. There are numerous cheap Web hosting out there with Optimum and premium services. And again, I use a cheap Web hosting which has never failed me for over 4 years of hosting.

Thanks man!

you understand and felt my pains.

thanks
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by ayindepremier: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
[size=35pt]Their server is now up again after about 3 days strike![/size]
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by emcee4love(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2016
Why not try Beta Host Limited

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by geologistj: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Bincon:

please recommend a cheap hosting company I can port to. I also had a bitter experience with them. If possible I will like a private chat with u cos I need a web designer as I port I wish to start on a clean slate
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by Bincon: 4:48am On May 01, 2018
geologistj:
please recommend a cheap hosting company I can port to. I also had a bitter experience with them. If possible I will like a private chat with u cos I need a web designer as I port I wish to start on a clean slate

Sorry for the late response, I was away. Did you finally get a good hosting company or I should recommend one. Mail me a akpanki1@gmail.com.
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by ncpat(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2018
My problem with smartweb is that I can't access my domain with glo internet unless I use VPN so I had to stop.
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by randieboy: 1:10am On Nov 18, 2019
Domainking are scammers. avoid them if you dont want to lose your site and money
Ebookgiveawaypr:
Use better host like domainking.com

Abollyhost.com

Every hosting has its own problem, so analyse them and what type of site you wanna host.

For instance Namecheap is good for music, but expect DMCA

THANKS
banks9ja.com
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by DomainKingTeam: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hi Randieboy,
We never suspend any genuine services & we don't allow any abuse of our service. We have very strict stance against any abusive client.

Your services with us were suspended because you were using it for abusive purposes. We don't support or tolerate any such activities, and any such service will be suspended as per our terms & reported to the relevant authorities for action.

We are compelled to ask for verification when we find anything suspicious as we cannot allow any scam website to be hosted with us, and no genuine hosting provider would allow any abuse of their service.

Best Regards,
Karan
DomainKing.NG

randieboy:
Domainking are scammers. avoid them if you dont want to lose your site and money
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by Assignment001: 3:39am On Mar 05, 2023
All things been equal
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by Elgaxton(m): 11:18am On Mar 20
Any update with these guys, have their services improved?
Re: My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) by SConnect: 4:06pm On Mar 21
Elgaxton:
Any update with these guys, have their services improved?

Hello,

Our offer might be of interest to you, Kindly check my signature.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Scammer Princeogun -- Webmasters Judge Us / How To Turn Your Blog Into A Brand / 10 Questions To Ask When Hiring An SEO Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.