Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,242 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria (4394 Views)

Please Beware Of Hosting Your Website With Smartweb (smartweb.com.ng)!! / Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng / My Experience With Smartweb.com.ng Shared Hosting. (RESOLVED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Gim2001ym(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2016
Dear house,
I had a very nasty experience with smartweb hosting company in Nigeria. On a normal ground, all the domains and web hosting i have been doing over the years have always been with yahoo web hosting, ipage, go daddy. I never use Nigeria hosting company because of eventuality. I wanted to make payment via my master card which is my company MasterCard ATM but i was declined severally and i called my bank only to inform me that due to CBN new policies, corporate ATM card like mine cant be used unless i use personal account. This is what made me to rush to smartweb Nigeria. I first used it to host for a client of mine and what happened was calamity. I thought because my client bought her domain name from different site that was the reason her site was not up. I got a little bit defensive and i even open a ticket with the same smartweb company that hosted it only not to be resolved up till now.
Then i have an urgent site of over 100 pages to host, it was pressing on me and i thought because the other lady used different domain i then bought both domain and hosting with them for up to 2 weeks now. Up till now nothing is on with my site. I got angry and got in touch with them. The first guy that first answer me told me that my domain is not pointing well that he will point it to me which he said he did. I asked him is it my fault or yours which he agreed is theirs. He told me to upload my content which i did twice nothing again. On this note then i believes comments by people i saw on nairaland about this people scam and duped attitude.
I have made my own mistake , BUT PLEASE ANYTIME YOU WANT TO HOST YOUR SITE RUN AWAY FROM SMARTWEB NIGERIA BASED IN JOS. We were encouraged to patronize Nigeria companies but when you do you get what you dont bargain for. Check comments made by some people about this company, you will run for your life. Try and patronize foreign host.
Thank you
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 10:19am On May 05, 2016
Gim2001ym:
Dear house,
I had a very nasty experience with smartweb hosting company in Nigeria. On a normal ground, all the domains and web hosting i have been doing over the years have always been with yahoo web hosting, ipage, go daddy. I never use Nigeria hosting company because of eventuality. I wanted to make payment via my master card which is my company MasterCard ATM but i was declined severally and i called my bank only to inform me that due to CBN new policies, corporate ATM card like mine cant be used unless i use personal account. This is what made me to rush to smartweb Nigeria. I first used it to host for a client of mine and what happened was calamity. I thought because my client bought her domain name from different site that was the reason her site was not up. I got a little bit defensive and i even open a ticket with the same smartweb company that hosted it only not to be resolved up till now.
Then i have an urgent site of over 100 pages to host, it was pressing on me and i thought because the other lady used different domain i then bought both domain and hosting with them for up to 2 weeks now. Up till now nothing is on with my site. I got angry and got in touch with them. The first guy that first answer me told me that my domain is not pointing well that he will point it to me which he said he did. I asked him is it my fault or yours which he agreed is theirs. He told me to upload my content which i did twice nothing again. On this note then i believes comments by people i saw on nairaland about this people scam and duped attitude.
I have made my own mistake , BUT PLEASE ANYTIME YOU WANT TO HOST YOUR SITE RUN AWAY FROM SMARTWEB NIGERIA BASED IN JOS. We were encouraged to patronize Nigeria companies but when you do you get what you dont bargain for. Check comments made by some people about this company, you will run for your life. Try and patronize foreign host.
Thank you

First of all, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I should also point out that your issue is unique and in no way a valid pointer at a pattern for bad service delivery. I use smartweb and have almost 10 sites with them and about 40 domains registered under them. Yesterday alone I registered about 5 domains. They are really good. respond in a timely manner and are generally available to help.

Do they ever have issues? Yes

Can they solve most of these issue? Mostly yeah

There are exceptions though. I once had an error 53 on one of my sites and they had issues fixing it. It wasn't a good experience but all in all between us, it was fixed.

I can understand your frustration, especially coming in a new customer but you need to understand that na your fellow brother dey run this package and e dey grow. Coming here to spoil his business is a tad too dramatic. Send him and email and explain why you can't do business with him. I have been using smartweb for up to 3 years now. only one time have i had an issue they couldn't fix. I once had an issue with a site that was hacked. Didn't have a backup. Not only was the issue fixed but smartweb keeps a backup for you without request for cases like this.

Is there room to grow? yes

But please one nasty experience isn't enough for what you have done here. SMART WEB IS A GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD PEOPLE WHO HONESTLY AIM TO PLEASE.

I'm a customer. I don't work for them. Sorry once again about your site, I hope you fix it. Have a great day

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by emcee4love(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2016
Why don't you try Beta Host Limited!

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by infocabal(m): 7:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
seunpayne:

First of all, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I should also point out that your issue is unique and in no way a valid pointer at a pattern for bad service delivery. I use smartweb and have almost 10 sites with them and about 40 domains registered under them. Yesterday alone I registered about 5 domains. They are really good. respond in a timely manner and are generally available to help.

There are exceptions though. I once had an error 53 on one of my sites and they had issues fixing it. It wasn't a good experience but all in all between us, it was fixed.

I can understand your frustration, especially coming in a new customer but you need to understand that na your fellow brother dey run this package and e dey grow. Coming here to spoil his business is a tad too dramatic. Send him and email and explain why you can't do business with him. I have been using smartweb for up to 3 years now. only one time have i had an issue they couldn't fix. I once had an issue with a site that was hacked. Didn't have a backup. Not only was the issue fixed but smartweb keeps a backup for you without request for cases like this.

But please one nasty experience isn't enough for what you have done here. SMART WEB IS A GOOD COMPANY WITH GOOD PEOPLE WHO HONESTLY AIM TO PLEASE.

I'm a customer. I don't work for them. Sorry once again about your site, I hope you fix it. Have a great day

its a lie jor, Am sure you are one of their agents...
am currently having challenges with them, my site just went down.. open tickets and called, but all the answers am getting are frustrating
and not solving anything.

when i even chatted with them, their customer care cant even type good english?? haba..

that time, i know say i don enter "ONE CHANCE"!!!

if not for dollar increase, Host gator they there na...
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by mr2kay(m): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
I'd always defend those I've worked with and right now I am here to defend smart Web and they are good op. Just chill the issue would be resolved
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by wealthall(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
i use smartweb. they are very good. thats all i can say now.
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by integralng: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2016
I have been using smartweb for about 5 years now...and I have never had any issue with them.They are very professional...
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by ibtihaj(m): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
Gim2001ym:
Dear house,
Thank you

I sincerely apologize for the issue you are having, I work for smartweb and you made mention that up till now the issue has not been resolve please can i have the Ticket ID or your Website that you are having such issue?

Regards
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by ibtihaj(m): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
I will like to thanks you all for your testimony and we will continue to give our best once again thanks to seunpayne, integralng, wealthall, mr2kay and wealthall
Cheers
Murtala
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by femokuc0: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
I have been using smart web for 3 years now. I have no complaints whatsoever with their service delivery.
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by ibtihaj(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
femokuc0:
I have been using smart web for 3 years now. I have no complaints whatsoever with their service delivery.

Thank you for sharing your testimony too we really appreciate.
Cheers
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Smartweb is not reliable at all. I have barely used the site they hosted for me for a month and it has fallen. its not online and the customer service keeps giving me this 'copy & paste' replies that they have resolved it. The site has been down for weeks now and they haven't fixed it whatsoever. Even d customer service have stopped replying all together. So don't patronize them... they are packaged scammers.
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2018
seunpayne:

See lies from the pit of hell...
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:26am On Dec 16, 2018
Gim2001ym:
Dear house,
Thank you
No Nigeria hosting company is good. The only reason why domainking is fair is because their server is hosted in China and they are Indian guys so they are expert programmers. Beside them, try any other ones at your own peril. Even domainking fumble sometimes

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by ashiraf(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2018
am using https://riseshost.com ...Services are reliable and affordable....No server problems
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Dukebaba3v3(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2018
try qservers and be happy grin all my websites are hosted there..
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Naijalitz(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2020
Is that so
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by Anthony478(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
I want to even host my app with SmartWeb. Thank God I came here. Thanks Nairaland
Re: My Bad Experience With Smartweb Hosting Company In Nigeria by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
Anthony478:
I want to even host my app with SmartWeb. Thank God I came here. Thanks Nairaland
You dodged a bullet. Smartweb is the worst hosting company I have used. Try whogohost.

(1) (Reply)

I Need 200 Bloggers - Drop Your Blog Link So We Can Comment And Get Backlink / HELP: My WP Posts Redirects To A Page / Best Social Network In Nigeria Built By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.