Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading (16229 Views)

Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate / Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading / University ‘Sex-For-Grades’ Prohibition Bill In The Senate Passes 2nd Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by goshen26: 10:57am On Mar 11, 2016
Nice one
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Dontecho: 11:02am On Mar 11, 2016
[b][/b]NEW GUINEA WORM CASE DISCOVERED IN EBONYI STATE[center][/center]
The case of total eradication of Guinea worm in the country seems not to be true as a fresh case of Guinea worm was discovered over the week at a community in Abakaliki LGA of Ebonyi state.
The victim who hail from Igbeagu Unuhu Izzi a setting behind Army Barracks Nkweagu Abakaliki LGA said he started experiencing some pains at his ankle and thought it was just an ordinary wound, started taking medication until just few days back when worm started coming out of it.
The victim Mr. linus while answering questions from officers of the NIGEP (NIGERIA GUINE WORM ERADICATION PROGRAM) admits that the community has as a source of drinking water, a pond and a borehole.

more info: 07038892632

Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by holuphisayor(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2016
Good one.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by SycophanticGoat: 11:11am On Mar 11, 2016
ernie1234:
FINALLY.........

Only in PMB such can Happen.

Thank God

See them, as if Mumuhammado Mumuhary is a senator.. You people haven't even seen any reason to rejoice in that Dillard's administration so you now opt to steal senators' works (comprising of APC and PDP). Shame on zombies..
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Onyenna(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2016
Simply download AMC security via playstore and block all unwanted calls and texts.......

***You're welcome*******
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by LemonBoy1: 11:17am On Mar 11, 2016
orijintv:
Pls I Want It Resolved Nd Stamped Immediately. .

The Onli Message I Nid Frm Mtn Nd Etisalat Is " Dear Customer , Due To Ur Loyalty Towards Our Network Nd Incessant Recharge Yu Just Won Urself The Sum Of 10millionaire smiley Or We Want Yu To Become Our Ambassador "" . . Na Dat Time IGo Knw Say God Don Finally Pick Mai Call After Ova 35trillion Missed Calls Frm Mhe smiley[color=#990000][/color]

Bros, MTN de send messages in short forms too? e.g nd, Yu, Urself etc. thought its only thelma on bbm
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by ifeomaekol(f): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2016
They beta do ooo, airtel is jux d worst always sending football mgs dt I dnt evn understand. Now they hv registered me to love tips, n every mgs they send to me they extract #5 frm my airtime.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by LemonBoy1: 11:19am On Mar 11, 2016
Tochaigh:
Lol. I am very sure this affects them as lawmakers also.

Etisalat doesn't care if you are a lawmaker or street hawker, they will bombard you.

Like this one from Etisalat

hahahhahhahahahahahahha....... did you reply?
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by LemonBoy1: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2016
ernie1234:
FINALLY.........

Only in PMB Government such can Happen.

Thank God

Bros eh, u no de fear? hope you are ready for the bashing
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by adedayourt(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
MTN is in trouble
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by viktor01(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
Makes a lot of sense to me though.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Cmiller(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Finally....abindey wonder weda na landline dem legiz dey use.
Ndintobo
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Tochaigh: 11:36am On Mar 11, 2016
LemonBoy1:

hahahhahhahahahahahahha....... did you reply?
Nope. Thought about replying with "f**k u", but I didn't
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by orijintv(m): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2016
KayTash:

Chaiii. . .35trillion Missed calls?
Na ur type dy low God ba3.

God Ba3 dey Alwais Full . . No Be Nigeria God Dey Stay Na, Light Dey Alwais Dey Heaven . .
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by orijintv(m): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2016
LemonBoy1:

Bros, MTN de send messages in short forms too? e.g nd, Yu, Urself etc. thought its only thelma on bbm

Are Yu A Learner ?
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by tola268: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2016
bumi10:
A bill for an Act to reduce incident of unsolicited telephone calls and text messages received by consumers, on Thursday in Abuja, passed the second reading in the House of Representatives. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Aliyu Madaki (Kano-APC), was intended to provide a legal framework to stop the sending of unsolicited ringtones and text messages to mobile phone subscribers.

The lawmaker explained that the bill was also intended to prohibit online telemarketing without prior consent of a subscriber. Madaki disclosed that the bill, when passed into law, would empower aggrieved subscriber to seek redress before a High Court. He explained that currently, there was no legislation to address the prevalence of these unsolicited messages in the country, thereby leaving the consumers at the mercies of telephone service providers.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, therefore, referred to the bill.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/03/in-abuja-reps-bill-to-prohibit.html

Pass the bill in time, we are tired of incessant calls and messages we are not expected, they even deduct our money for what we are not subscribed for
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by UjSizzle(f): 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2016
Well done. But you can do better! There are more important things to spend your times doing in the House than this angry
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Kay17: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
They probably did not consider the free speech implications. Rather than bring up a bill, a telecoms regulation with precise conditions can be used to bar the unsolicited calls and messages. It will apply only to the telecoms coys.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by upsun: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2016
B4 u no house of rep go fine MTN another N1tr again, i pity Mtn buhari no want una again. Shebi una been dey txt ppl make dem vote 4 GEJ
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by sprinter101(m): 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2016
hemartins:
a good one. I'm so tired of all the text I get everytime from empty hen. I have been automatically registered for callers tune, Mtn play, etc. and I can't opt out.

Call their customer care and threaten them,was been charged too,i called and told them to stop it n dey told me How how to opt out
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by LemonBoy1: 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
it should also be extended to banks. Access and UBA banks for instance. they are becoming crazy with the sms tool
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by Afroconnect: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
Very good,mtn and other networks make una hear oh,cause una go pay court compensation tire.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by emeka2847: 12:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
These are the sort of things that a legislature should be preoccupied with

bumi10:
A bill for an Act to reduce incident of unsolicited telephone calls and text messages received by consumers, on Thursday in Abuja, passed the second reading in the House of Representatives. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Aliyu Madaki (Kano-APC), was intended to provide a legal framework to stop the sending of unsolicited ringtones and text messages to mobile phone subscribers.

The lawmaker explained that the bill was also intended to prohibit online telemarketing without prior consent of a subscriber. Madaki disclosed that the bill, when passed into law, would empower aggrieved subscriber to seek redress before a High Court. He explained that currently, there was no legislation to address the prevalence of these unsolicited messages in the country, thereby leaving the consumers at the mercies of telephone service providers.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, therefore, referred to the bill.

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/03/in-abuja-reps-bill-to-prohibit.html

Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by hemartins(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2016
sprinter101:

Call their customer care and threaten them,was been charged too,i called and told them to stop it n dey told me How how to opt out

pls tell Me how to opt out. I can't bear hours of calling Customer Care .
thanks.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by DrHighchief(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2016
Good one from d green chamber.
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by TheDauraMallam: 6:25pm On Mar 11, 2016
Mubby4luv:

I wanted to make a sensible comment to address your mumuness then i saw your Moniker... I rest my case cry

What sense can come out of a mute like you?
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by alwelldinho(m): 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2016
please pass the bill before it gets missing ooo
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by sprinter101(m): 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2016
hemartins:

pls tell Me how to opt out. I can't bear hours of calling Customer Care .
thanks.

Send stop or cancel in caps letter to that numbers sending u those rubbish
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by oluwasegun007(m): 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
Very good....
Re: Reps Bill To Prohibit Unsolicited Text & Calls Passes 2nd Reading by hemartins(m): 9:58am On Mar 12, 2016
sprinter101:

Send stop or cancel in caps letter to that numbers sending u those rubbish

thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Retired Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements In Abuja (Photos) / Victor Giadom: Press Release By Oluwole Afolabi, Esq / Lagos Government Begins Clearing Of Debris At Balogun Market (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.