Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Cock Crows At Dawn Nigeria Is Not Lagos, Lagos Is In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cock Crows At Dawn Nigeria Is Not Lagos, Lagos Is In Nigeria (555 Views)

'i’ll Dine With The Devil To Ensure Lagos Is Safe' - Edgal Imohimi / Bode George: Tinubu Is From Osun Not Lagos State / Dss Nnamdi Arrest But Not Lagos Oba Akiolu Hate Speech Against IGBO-Amnesty Int (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cock Crows At Dawn Nigeria Is Not Lagos, Lagos Is In Nigeria by grosebiz(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2016
I was never a fan of his nomination. I saw it as another charade from the stable of the Godfather. Relatively unknown in the murky waters of regional politics, he, like a snail, moved on without known politicking. I remember telling my dad that this man is going to fail because of his novel way of doing things. But, he proved me wrong. He commissioned projects without explaining the timeliness to "Established Dons" of downtown politics. He was a German blitzkrieg bent on results without bending for consequences.

Everyday was Christmas for citizens were gifted developmental programmes hitherto beyond imagination. The flowers,gardens, mobile toilets, road networks to forgotten slums, standard school buildings, appreciable security network , general hospitals, affordable transit buses, commendable water supply, ever rising tax profile, and what! How did I forget that? The transformation of the internationally dreaded Oshodi, the summation of the famed east/west coasts of the 19th century in America.

Once, I told myself any job that will make me go through Oshodi, is a no no for me! Oshodi, a conurbation town, was everything but sane those days. Every known and developing vice reigned supreme in this forbidden ghetto. Madness was the oxygen, dementia, the carbon dioxide. Peopled by societally rejected miscreants of all kinds, share a testimony whenever you walk through hale and return hearty.

All these evaporated when this Change Agent came on board. His hot knife of sheer willpower, passed through the butter of Oshodi, turning it to a wonder to behold and that still stands even today. Although, like every leader, he was dogged by corruption charges and allegations, he never allowed all these distract him from unveiling his Urbanization programmes for his beloved state.

Hated by professional politicians, cursed by area boys, deified by the people, he galumphed on majestically. Drain ducks opened up the canals and assuaged menacing floods. Trash was left for Lawman(winks). The state was fast becoming a beacon of envy. I remember in the wee days of his tenure, foreigners came to understudy his developmental schemes to be adopted by their more advanced countries. He had something in his brain that commanded rains of positive changes.

When his tenure elapsed, sanity relapsed. But thank God, the new sheriff is gaining momentum.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, was a budding president, presidential in all ramifications. Put aside the dents on his government in Lagos state, he was a rare technocrat with a great knowledge of change and timing. I was not surprised when national call beckoned and arrogated to him was the toga of a Prime Minister, owing to the ministries assigned to him, Works, Power and Housing. It has never been done since independence. Yet, the trust reposed in him , made him the darling of PMB's government.

Sadly, that is fast becoming his undoing. His rising profile is fast nosediving due to the negative results recorded by ministries under his watch. PMB goofed by assigning these three major ministries to Fashola, a newbie on the bloc. He was just too unripe for the three. One would have been cool. The workload of these ministries can cripple a leviathan. A rookie at national level, Fashola, is presently a ridiculous subject of the well grounded saboteurs whose livelihood is from the ills of Nigerians. Oh! Bob Raj, not this time. The power mafia are at work as it was in the days of Bola Ige. They will rather sacrifice their sons and daughters than watch power supply improves in Nigeria.

He needs to see beyond the papers and reports served him by never to be trusted civil servants ,who over the years, have developed dubious means of harvesting national crops right from seedling stage.

Fashola must know that a cock crows at dawn. Any crow earlier than that is ominous and ignominious.

(1) (Reply)

FG To Unveil New National Aviation Policy Within 2 Weeks- Minister / Ladies & Gentlemen, Please Rise Up To Recognize The Presence Of Thieves / Confusion As Gunmen Behead One, Kidnap Another In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.